[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favorite part of the Getter Robo manga? I liked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6
File: gettergocover.jpg (1 MB, 979x1300) Image search: [Google]
gettergocover.jpg
1 MB, 979x1300
What's your favorite part of the Getter Robo manga? I liked Getter Robo Go. I think it had the best artwork, an interesting cast of characters, and a really exciting climax.
>>
Everyone's fav part is Go, so why even bother asking?

The original is a close second for me.
>>
>>13501170
Go>Shin=Original> G
>>
Go>Arc>Original>Shin>G
I'm pretty hype for Kyomu Senki because apparently most of it is Go quality
>>
>>13501170

Go, no doubt.
>>
File: Shin-Getter-Robo-01-182-183.png (1 MB, 2056x1464) Image search: [Google]
Shin-Getter-Robo-01-182-183.png
1 MB, 2056x1464
>>13501170
Shin Getter Robo.
It had the best artwork, best cast, best Getter and best stories/plotline.
>>
>>13502698
I was joking in that other thread, you dumb fucker. Do you have nothing better to do with your time but shitpost and try to get replies from people seeing you do your stupid shit?
>>
>>13502698
>>13502711
>>13502737
Who the fuck are you asshats? Oh right, it's the stupid and shit italiano.
>>
File: onlypretending.jpg (57 KB, 640x1176) Image search: [Google]
onlypretending.jpg
57 KB, 640x1176
>>13502711
>>
File: italiano.jpg (124 KB, 680x545) Image search: [Google]
italiano.jpg
124 KB, 680x545
>>13502749
It's "keep up the good work" you stupid italiano.

If you're going to shitpost, at least try to hide your identity for mario's sake.
>>
>>13502815
Good, then at least get a trip so I can filter your ass.
>>
>chronic shitposter that never even hides his identity
mods will never do their jobs
>>
>>13501170
I liked Getter Robo. I think it had the best artwork, an interesting cast of characters, and a really exciting climax.

Fuck literally everything after G that isn't an OVA
>>
>>13502836
And we have this retard here now as well. Great to see you back.
>>
If anyone here knows japanese and has listened to the Tora audio drama: what was up with Tora having a psychotic breakdown about Dogura in the last CD?
>>
>>13502841
Thanks senpai
Just because I hate Ishikawa's shitty art, anatomy, and character assassinations I'm a retard?
>>
>>13502853
>I'm a retard?
No. It just means you're a spic.
>>
>>13502853
>Ishikawa's art
>shitty
Kill yourself.
>>
>italian shitposter
>toei/ova fag
>tora autist
Either these fucks are the same person or this is gathering of the worst shitposting in the fandom
>>
>>13502874
You really need to work on some better jokes. Nagai and Ishikawa are very different in terms of their works. Not like a stupid shitposter like you has ever read anything by either of them, but still.
>>
>>13502886
>You really need to work on some better jokes. Nagai and Ishikawa are very different in terms of their works.
Ishikawa's job for a very long time was literally drawing Nagai's comics when Go couldn't be asked. That's not even a joke. It's no wonder that when Ishikawa isn't mimicing Nagai's art he turns to shiy.
>>
Go and the original are my favorites. I don't really like Arc/āḥ and Shin because they start big things without delivering clear explanations.

And now that the author isn't anymore, a lot of stuff is left to interpretations.
>>
>>13502881
>toei/ova fag
But the Toei show was even worse than post-G getter Robo.
>>
>>13502894

God, so rare to see such a good taste in Getter Robo threads! I thought I was the only to not care for Shin/Arc.
>>
>>13502893
Nice shit incorrect opinion there.
>>13502897
If by that you mean actually reading the shit I'm talking about, then I am blind as a bat.
>>
>>13502892
Dynamic Pro also attracted everyone from CLAMP to Imagawa to Katsura to Miura to Anno.
>>
OP, just erase this thread. It's already been infested by two shitposters with no life.
>>
>>13502915

Imagawa was commissioned to do that. He didn't particularly care.
>>
>>13502904
You don't need to pretend to be someone else and samefag just to give yourself a fake pat on the back.
>>
>>13502927
Which is why he went to huge lengths to remix a giant helping of Ishikawa and Nagai characters respectively into Armageddon/Shin Mazinger, obviously.
>>
>>13502894
Honestly, I liked Arc and Shin, but they both were hurt by the fact Ishikawa died before finishing the story.

It's a shame, since it looked like Arc was setting up to either be the finale, or lead right into the final arc.
>>
>>13502927
He cares more about the manga than the tv series.

He thought it was interesting how Nagai improvised every chapter with Mazinger.
>>
>>13502937
Yes, I know this is the main reason why things were left unexplained and that the frustration plays in my appreciation.

>>13502931
It is someone else though.
>>
>>13502936

When he made Giant Robo, he couldn't use the supporting cast. When he did Tetsujin, he only used elements from the Tetsujin manga which he loved. In those other cases, he was just trying to makes everything more interesting to work with by adding new characters because the original cast was not interesting enough. Check on Archive for his G Gundam interviews, he said he was not particularly fond of Mazinger.
>>
>>13502964
Says the person who does nothing but shitpost DP threads at any and all opportunities.
>>
>>13502977

I'm not sure about what having some fun in my spare time have to do with anything. But if you say so.
>>
>>13502881
Not going to lie, the temptation to add any and all DP related series to my filter increases by the day just so I don't have to see these shitposts any more than necessary.
>>13503007
Because being a faggot that says things just to rile people up generally isn't a good thing. Not that it matters here since /m/ has no actual janitors or mods to speak of, so you pretty much have free reign.
>>
>>13501170
>>13501170
Same for me for all the same reasons. Though, I still need to read shin and arc

I'm glad you guys still discuss super robots from time to time, not being a Gundam fan on here is suffering
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 227x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 227x250
>>13503050
>scroll down
>literally every post is shitposts

N- Never mind
>>
>>13503060
Now you know that there is even more suffering to it than you thought, at least with some series.
>>
>>13502812
I thought Italians were primarily Jeeg fans, while frenchies liked Grendizer?
>>
>>13502958
He wasn't fond of Toeizinger, which is fair.

Not even Anno was a fan of it.

I know Anno enjoyed the early Mazinger chapters, but he ultimately was a Devilman fan.
>>
>>13502927
Dynamic Pro means more than Mazinger.

Imagawa is probably a Devilman fag. Who said anything about Mazinger?
>>
>>13501170
Pretty much all of Go. The original two felt like Saturday morning cartoons but with blood and guts. Shin was nice but not really interesting.
>>
>>13503176
I take it you haven't gotten around to Arc yet?
>>13503148
If we're both thinking of the same interview, then didn't Anno also say he loved the Getter manga?
>>
>>13503212
I don't want to read unfinish things.
>>
File: Jaki_2_148.png (758 KB, 656x1049) Image search: [Google]
Jaki_2_148.png
758 KB, 656x1049
>>13503220
Ishikawa manga might not be for you
>>
>>13503176
>he keeps doing it
>>
>>13503220
I would greatly suggest reading Arc. Unfinished though it may be, it's still pretty good and worth the time as far as I'm concerned. Especially in this case, since I'm pretty sure you can't blame Ishikawa too much for it being unfinished.
>>
>>13503212
yeah he did.

but i think harenchi gakuen and devilman were his main things.
>>
>>13503242
Well Getter Robo is the only thing I read from him so...

>>13503254
I don't know I'm content on Go's ending and don't want to frustrate myself on what could had been.
>>
>>13503286
You can always just keep Go in your head as the ending and not care about Arc if you find it disappointing or if you feel sad about what could have been. I've seen at least a couple of of people here do that.
>>
Go for me too.

Go > Shin > Arc > G > original
>>
>>13503374
G had an awesome final battle but the Oni were as a whole way more flat than the dinosaurs. Also Benkei might as well be a nameless mook pilot. I'm curious why'd you put it above the original.
>>
>>13503212
>Getter manga

Called it. The last scenes of EoE and Getter Go are incredibly similar among other things.

Also, Gunbuster literally has a Getter Tomohawk
>>
>>13504232
I think I may need a slowpoke for this anon. Not a really slow one, but somewhat slow mainly for Gunbuster.
>>
>>13504232
>The last scenes of EoE and Getter Go are incredibly similar among other things.
Eva takes a lot from Ishikawa. Both Skull Killer Jakioh and Getter Robo Go were made only a few years before Evangelion. Anno honestly didn't even wait long.
>>
>>13504301
People often cite Jakioh as this huge inspiration that defined Eva but they really have very little in common plot-and-atmosphere based. Jakioh is an obvious predecessor to Eva-01 and the Myu Empire could be considered vaguely similar to the Angels in that they're a sleeping race come to reclaim the Earth and attack Japan (but so are the dinosaurs), but the similarities end there and you have actual contrasts like eg Shun's dad being cool in contrast to Gendo. It's really more Mazinger Z vs the Buff Clan, only Mazinger is a biomechanical monstrosity.
>>
>>13503392
not him, but the a while back i read G in a whole sitting, and it really took me back.

As much as i love Gore, he was the only one with any actual personality (Maybe Neon and his crew, but they wernt major) whereas the Hyakki Empire's two generals had way more presence then Bat or Gallei.

Benki needed to do more tho, i dont think he even had any chapters to himself in the whole thing.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.