[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Argento Soma Complete Series Batch + OVA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
It's over, it's done for good.

Batch:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=755388
OVA:
>http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=755374

Anyway, this thread is probably going to die pretty quickly, so let me be more productive: which series need to be updated with better quality?

I know L-Gaim is being handled by the mystery man, and AMM said he was interested in looking at Dunbine, and I said I would handle Ryu Knight, Infinite Ryvius R2 DVDs, Shin Jeeg BDs, Godannar BDs, M3 BDs...

So, uh, what else is there again?
>>
File: img000019.jpg (53 KB, 521x443) Image search: [Google]
img000019.jpg
53 KB, 521x443
Thank you very much for this.
>>
File: dancougarnova-cast.jpg (255 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
dancougarnova-cast.jpg
255 KB, 1080x720
>>13489440
>So, uh, what else is there again?
Dancouga Nova still doesn't have softsubbed DVD rips, since the guy working on it keeps disappearing.
>>
YEEESSSS
>>
Thank you.

>>13489440
How 'bout Dorvack?
>>
>>13489440
L-Gaim has already been redone by BunnyHat. the only thing we are missing are softsubs for a handful of the [ShinGetter] episodes
>>
>>13489440
>So, uh, what else is there again?
Zambot 3 (granted, it's not much of an improvement), and Daimos with dubtitles on raw footage.

>>13489852
He's not a translator, anon. The best he can do there is strike a deal with Luurah and whoever he recruited at the time.
>>
>>13489864
Oh, my bad.
>>
File: 52534666.png (529 KB, 618x623) Image search: [Google]
52534666.png
529 KB, 618x623
>>13489440
>which series need to be updated with better quality?
Neo Ranga. I can help with better subs if you can somehow get the untouched Japanese RAWs (it's easy to tell since they have a slightly different OP sequence)
>>
>which series need to be updated with better quality?

Was there an update project for Ryvius?

And then there's of course Mellowlink, but I'm pretty sure that project would also require a translator to fix all of that Blackcurrant shit.
>>
>>13489892
You.

I like you.
>>
What is Infinite Ryvius R2?
>>
File: UNDERSTANDING DENIED.webm (610 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
UNDERSTANDING DENIED.webm
610 KB, 640x480
I forgot, have my favorite WebM from the show.

>>13489855
Yeah, that's what I was talking about. A guy here said he wanted to use the bunnyhat raws for the SG section.

>>13489864
>Daimos with dubtitles on raw footage
I could do this, but I'd feel iffy about it honestly. I'd rather a translator look at it. But if that's never going to happen, well,you know.

>>13489892
>if you can somehow get the untouched Japanese RAWs
I'll let you know if I find anything. The show looks interesting and needs better subs, I've heard, but all I can find are the R1 DVDs.

>>13489909
>>13490003
I was going to make an unfinny joke about how Ryvius R2 was Taniguchi's spiritual predecessor to Geass R2, but really it just means Region 2 DVDs, as in Japan.

And there wasn't any project going on for it, but I am personally of the opinion that the R1s and therefore the COR release look like washed out shit, and I am planning to use the remastered Sound Renewal box set to redo the series.
However, it would be a substantial amount of work, so I'm just sort of sitting on it for now even though I already have the first disc encoded.
>>
>>13489440
Now work on something that's actually good
>>
>>13490328
> could do this, but I'd feel iffy about it honestly. I'd rather a translator look at it. But if that's never going to happen, well,you know.
In fairness, Shidoni's project is going at a glacial pace, so there's not much choice in the matter.
>>
Before this dies - what's the status on Ideon?
>>
>>13490484
Oh, and I forgot to add that dubtitles is how Combattler V and Voltes V got their subs, so there you go. Might as well complete the Romance Robo series and get it out of the way (since Lurrah may very well get Daltanious taken care of).
>>
>>13489440
>I would handle Ryu Knight
Oh, sweet. I was going to take a look at OCRing those while waiting for the Dunbine BDs after Gaiking. The old Memorial Box release doesn't really look so good.

I guess if you have a translator, you could take a look at Lamune? It's not like lolfang is going to show back up anytime soon. I've got the raws for it all, if anyone's interested.
>>
>>13494286
>I was going to take a look at OCRing those
Yeah, that's exactly what was suggested I do, using the russian raws you can find on Nyaa.

>I guess if you have a translator, you could take a look at Lamune?
Man, if only I had a translator. I'd be interested in seeing Lamune worked on, but if it has no translation there's not much I can do.

By the way, I'm starting to see a theme here. Something tells me you really like Fantasy Mecha series.
Oh,and talking in two separate threads is pretty silly, but eh, what can you do?

>>13493949
Well, in that case it's definitely worth considering. I'll have to look into it more; it does feel weird to have two out of three of a trilogy translated.
>>
File: Sirbine art.jpg (581 KB, 1000x783) Image search: [Google]
Sirbine art.jpg
581 KB, 1000x783
>>13494447
Ah, sweet. Good to know that there's an actual raw floating around, too. Been meaning to watch Ryu Knight for awhile.

Probably could do the Galient OVAs, actually. The only RAW I've found is the one X-Nebula used, which is rather washed out and pixelated. I'm not sure if the DVD looks any better.

>By the way, I'm starting to see a theme here. Something tells me you really like Fantasy Mecha series.
A lot. Fills my fondness of fantasy and my love of robots doing cool shit. It's a really neat blend that needs more love.
>>
Thanks again, OP
>>
Good stuff
>>
We need good Dragonar subs
>>
Vifam
>>
Has Gasaraki been done?
>>
>>13489440
Is this better than the SSP-Corp release?
>>
Seconding Neo Ranga
>>
File: A-L top KR bottom 2.png (476 KB, 704x1008) Image search: [Google]
A-L top KR bottom 2.png
476 KB, 704x1008
>>13505603
I even thought about doing it because I have access to the R2 raws, but really the G_P release looks really fucking good, so I didn't want to waste my time.

>>13504271
Can't translate, so no can do.

>>13505606
Honestly, I've been spending the past while trying to find the SSPC release, but I just can't find it anywhere.
Records online says it looks even blurrier than the A-L version, so I'd imagine this is a lot higher quality. Here's a shitty image to compare the two.
If you happen to have links to the SSP release of the series, it would be nice if you could spoonfeed me so I could compare - but even then, I'm pretty sure this is the highest quality version available.
>>
>>13508174
They're on Animebytes.
>>
>>13510557
Well, sadly that's not one of the private trackers I have access to. So I can't really check.

If anyone wants to invite me sometime, that'd be cool, as applications are closed.
>>
Thanks for Argento Soma, I will check it out.

I second the anon that said we definitely need to keep insisting on some group doing Dragonar. I know the guy that started the thread DOESN'T translate, but every opportunity to help Dragonar stay relevant on /m/ should be taken.
>>
>>13511919
I've got an invite.
>>
>>13513493
At this point the best solution I can see (barring Ametuchi being involved, but she's stuck with Patlabor: TNG) is a joint with Saizen-Fansubs, assuming they can finish up at least one of Luurah's projects first, of course.
>>
>>13505606
>>13508174
>>13511919
Looking at the last comment page of the bakabt A-L torrent, there's a comparison of SSP.

Kaixe's effort is heaps better judging by the screenshot in >>13508174
>>
>>13489440

Has the mystery man mentioned L-Gaim recently?
>>
>>13504271
Isn't Gunlord still doing Dragonar? I mean yeah, it takes a while, but still.
>>
>>13514614
Gunlord's project manager but I'm technically the translator checking the translation from the Italian isn't too fucked (it often is). Main thing is I don't like the show, have told Gunlord to try and find another TL but he either hasn't found one or doesn't periodically remind me to do it because I am a terrible procrastinator.
>>
Watching this now, and does the little blonde grill ever get less annoying? She won't shut the fuck up, and it wouldn't be so bad, but it's like she has the mind of a kindergartner.

>>13514664
>I don't like the show
You know, people want it translated, but really I haven't heard meany good things from the people that have watched it.
All sources indicate it's just 50 episodes of ZZ-flavored OYW that's more consistent across the board - doesn't hit the lows of ZZ, but doesn't hit the highs either.
Way I see it, like Layzner, there's a reason it wasn't translated and there are no real hidden gems outside of the J9 trilogy.
>>
>>13514664
>>13514914
>I don't like the show
>no real hidden gems
I've heard that at least Galatt was fun, so why not go for that? Make some sort of joint with Nanto (and possibly Luurah), since I've heard that he'd love to work on it. Plus, it's by the same director as Dragonar, but with Toyoo Ashida in a more prominent chara design role.

At this point, Gyrozetter is the only thing keeping Star's sanity in check. Once that's done, well...
>>
>>13514914
>You know, people want it translated, but really I haven't heard meany good things from the people that have watched it.

I liked it. It was solid, and the characters were generally pretty good. It does suffer a bit from the issue that some of the villains were more interesting than the main characters, but the MCs were decent enough.

Also the mech designs were AMAZING.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.