[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gundam Reconguista: Rising on Earth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: gun1411.jpg (42 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
gun1411.jpg
42 KB, 604x340
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/nolifes-tomino-and-yoshida-g-reco-interview/

http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/86913
>>
That's a pretty interesting interview
>Tomino says that thanks to digital things etc he could do more movements and had more freedom animation wise compared to 15 years ago(Turn A) or 35 years ago(original)
I shouldn't be surprised by that, but it really was great to see such a high bar for the visuals

>He’d like to do a sequel, but he put a lot of strain on himself during G Reco and was very exigent with himself with the story and ideas. He’s not confident he can do that again.
This makes me sad. I wish the old man would give a scenario to Araki ;_;
>>
Nice to see the old links again.
>>
Tomino will die in your lifetime
>>
>>14404264
>You will die in Stan Lee's lifetime
>>
>>14404271
>you will die in order to lengthen Stan Lee's life
>>
File: Ringo g.jpg (152 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ringo g.jpg
152 KB, 1920x1080
>>14404043
these movies when ever they come out better have lots of Ringo and HG Moran to go along with it.
>>
>>14404264
>Implying he won't suck out the grumpiness and bitterness of adult out of you and convert them into happy energy to keep him alive for another century.
>>
>>14404197
>I wish the old man would give a scenario to Araki ;_;

Araki's G-reco episode was amazing with Tomino correcting all of his missteps, but have you seen Kabaneri? It's like Araki is trying a Tomino impression and it's not coming along nicely.

That said, I'd like to see him try a Gundam show.
>>
>>14405780
Araki will always be a hack.

But he'll be a hilariously over the top hack and that's why we love him.
>>
>>14405780
Kabaneri needs a good extra 10 episodes or so to salvage the "story" and "characters"
>>
>>14405780
Is Tomino really a good director?
Honestly, I don't know much about direction, like cuts or shit.
Most of /a/ just suck the dick of anyone who's good at visual direction because that's the easiest thing to see so they would immediately declare Tomino a hack.
While Tomino's style stands out dramatically from other directors is it just because of his ideas and writing?I think there must be more to this but I don't know what to look for and sometimes I don't know where to draw the line. For example he's good at giving his characters quirks and sometimes inserts these short scenes that so seem meaningless that it is easy not to notice them on first watch.
There was one interview with Anno and Tomino where Tomino was like "I'm just sticking to traditional stuff." and Anno was like "Oh no, not at all." Which makes me wonder, especially because Anno is one of those "visual" type of guys.
>>
>>14405895
The thing with Tomino is that he's a lot like Nolan.

His writing confounds a good number of people for some reason.
>>
>>14405780
Everyone seems to be shitting on Kabaneri, but I feel it's been a fun ride and a nice throwback both visually and in terms of storytelling. It would benefit from another 10 episodes but I guess we'll see what happens.

>>14405895
It's a hard call. He isn't perfect by any means, but I think the way that he seems to push people hard has generally resulted in (relatively) higher standards being set by his series than other directors efforts on Gundam.
>>
>>14405937
Of course everyone is shitting on Kabaneri, it's a terrible show that only newfags would praise.
>>
>>14405929
Nolan? His writing is confounding?
Well, it might be so, though I'm not a big fan so I've never paid attention. But isn't he really easy to see trough?
His stuff is just some sort of comfy pseudo-intellectual bullcrap. I don't hate it. It's what /tv/ would call "flick disguised as kino" , I guess.
For Tomino I'd say I have the opposite sort of feeling.
>>
>>14405929
>The thing with Tomino is that he's a lot like Nolan.
Try PTA or Ridley.

And its not Nolan's writing, it's his brother's that makes people scratch their heads.
>>
>>14406102
/tv/ would only call it "film", and The Prestige was actually damn good.
>>
>>14405895

Tomino treats anime more like film. He doesn't use the industry staple shortcuts as much as other directors. He pushes for more movement and more "fluent" animation. Characters are more expressive, more happens in each shot. His action scenes and choreography are typically very strong and use as little stock footage as possible.

The down side to this is because he doesn't follow a lot of conventional storytelling structure, the viewer can get lost in all the movement/visual chaos of his storyboarding. That's one of the reasons his dialogue seems so different because his exposition often takes a back seat to this more chaotically paced posing/imagery.

It is his greatest strength, but without a grounding element to keep the strucutre in place, it also causes some of his bigger issues.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.