[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was going through my gundam folder when I noticed that a good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 21
File: Turn A by Camlet.jpg (722 KB, 1790x1178) Image search: [Google]
Turn A by Camlet.jpg
722 KB, 1790x1178
I was going through my gundam folder when I noticed that a good portion of the fanart struck me as being impressively godlike in appearance, especially the Turn-A.
This led me to the imagining of a religion circulating around a pantheon of Gundams, who long ago traveled the cosmos before settling down and created humanity in their image. I put way too much time and thought into this despite not having written anything at all in such a long time, so feel free to spam the tl;dr, because even I think this goes on for too long and reads like half-baked fanfiction.

So before I go on, this thread basically asks if you were in charge of writing a religion revolving around Gundam, how would it go, and what would the gods be like/represent?
>>
>>14389020
Turn-A, the White Doll, was essentially the Zeus of this mythos, with regards to being both the leader and the most powerful. Though unlike Zeus, he was compassionate rather than petty. Turn-A had set off on his expedition an innumerable amount of millennia ago, having grown weary from the countless battles he experienced in what was only known as the "Dark History"; a battle that Turn-A himself ended single-handedly, but at end left so much destruction that the universe, which once was teeming with light and filled with gods, literally was rendered the black and empty void we witness now. In the cold vastness, Turn-A wished to begin anew, and thus went searching for a place that would be suitable for life. Along the way the White Doll encountered several other Gods whom no longer had world nor home, and too wished to begin anew. And so for an unknown period they traveled until they eventually found Earth. A molten bundle of rock suitable for nothing but fire. Even so the Gundams saw potential in this burning speck, and used their godly powers to plant a seed deep within the Earth, that when sprouted, would bring life to the planet. To this end, Turn-A himself fused with the planet in order to ensure the success of his gift, leaving the protection of the Earth to the remaining Pantheon.
>>
File: Endless Wing by D@Üe.jpg (556 KB, 1899x2048) Image search: [Google]
Endless Wing by D@Üe.jpg
556 KB, 1899x2048
>>14389028
Wing Gundam, The Goddess of Beauty, is speculated to be the actual inspiration behind what we call Angels in the Catholic and Christian religion. Though kind and caring as she was magnificent, her wrath was the most fearful, having been scarred by the most loss and devastation during the Dark History.

In the earliest annals it is written that to wrong Wing, would be to call upon misfortune and end in the form of a great light guided by her 4 servants. From here we are told that entire countries were wiped clean at her hands. In all of our findings, survivors of such events all depict a great beam of light piercing through the clouds and shattering the earth, while 4 giants stood at each corner, slaughtering any who dare escape.
The grand and towering mountains that litter the earth were in fact attributed to the destruction wrought by Wing Gundam.

So fearful of Wing was man, that in the aftermath, neighboring civilizations would burn any trace or relation they had to the obliterated society in hopes of appeasing the angry Goddess; only retaining vague stories of her anger as to pass down to their children. One of these tales describes an empire ruled by an arrogant man.
>>
>>14389020

well the Turn A was revered as something of a deity. Remember they used to have orgies and stuff in front of it
>>
File: Epyon VS by れごlith.jpg (1 MB, 1364x994) Image search: [Google]
Epyon VS by れごlith.jpg
1 MB, 1364x994
>>14389036
This man had risen up to power through cunning and charisma, and had a tongue so great, that he had even managed trick Wing herself into destroying his enemies.

Like all Fables though, this ends with a harsh lesson.

When Wing discovered his treachery she did not immediately destroy him.
Instead she had his only son killed and replaced with a doppelganger.
Through him, Wing systematically destroyed any and every military installation under control of the empire, and incited the fires of rebellion amongst its various colonies; even amongst the Emperor’s own compatriots did doubt spread with each successive failure.

On the night the Empire burned, as the Emperor cursed his fate and the Gods, Wing released a light that could be seen from around the Earth. To this day, not a single artifact has been found from or describes these Deadlands as they once were.
>>
You make a grave mistake. Gundam isn't a god at all, but rather the idea of a devil. It creates conflict in order to manifest in the head of an engineer, who creates a new White Devil, and ever since it found humankind, it has us destroying each other for eternity in its name.
>>
File: エクシア by zeta.jpg (1 MB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
エクシア by zeta.jpg
1 MB, 1754x1240
>>14389046
On the other end of the spectrum was the God known as Qan[T], God of Understanding, who was not a creator but a soldier.

Born during the catastrophic conflict, he was raised surrounded by death, and is among the most experienced combatants of the Pantheon.
Unlike normal gods though he was not merely willed into being, but rather created.

At the hand of an unknown deity, he was crafted under the title Exia, to be the deadliest warrior known to reality. Armed with seven great blades, his greatest grafted directly unto his arm, Exia mercilessly tore through any and every combatant he encountered without word.

His prowess was so great, that Exia eventually became known merely as the Seven Swords Gundam; as those who encountered him, never had the chance to learn of his true title before they were struck down.
>>
File: ELSクアンタ by 八咫マキ.jpg (904 KB, 925x1255) Image search: [Google]
ELSクアンタ by 八咫マキ.jpg
904 KB, 925x1255
>>14389062
However as eons passed and the war progressed, lines grew muddled, and alliances crumbled.
It was during this period that Exia was forced to kill both enemy and brethren alike. At his hand, his creator was struck down, guided by nothing more than an order; an act he would continue to regret even after his enlightenment. Then came the end of the Dark History.

Staring into the featureless space, Exia realized that there was nothing left for him. His master was dead, his brothers’ broken, and the flag he once stood under was now nothing but cinders. He who only knew battle, now had no purpose.
To this end Exia and his surviving warriors decided to leave the universe entirely, desiring to find a new purpose and meaning in life.

It is believed that during this absence that the 5 meditated at the border between reality and concept until they obtained true Understanding, evolving into the forms we recognize them as now. It was also at that point that that Exia and his men renamed themselves to mark their enlightenment.
This is where we get the names Qan[T], Zabanya, Harute, and Raphael; as well as the origin of the renaming ceremony.

A coming-of-age ritual where adolescents granted themselves new titles and marked after completing a treacherous spirit journey into the Holy lands. The purpose of their new title and tattoo was to commemorate the transition into adulthood; how they had separated from their guardians and come into their own identity through enlightenment.

In their new elevated state of spirit, Qan[T] and his compatriots made it their new purpose to assure that something like the Dark History never occur again. Though warriors they were, they now traveled the cosmos spreading their teachings to anyone who would listen.
>>
>>14389020
use the GP01/02 as the Twin Paradigm, and i like the idea of OG gundam being the god of Time. Kind of fits
>>
>>14389077
-Ideas that I also wanted to include/elaborate on but felt would take too long to elaborate upon:

>The various UC Gundams being essentially the Elder Gods from before the war.
>God Gundam being God of the Fight, who actually spent the majority of the Dark History outside of war perfecting his craft alongside Master and their pupils. Unlike Qan[T], seeking enlightenment through his fists.
>Master Gundam tricking Wing Gundam into almost destroying the earth as punishment for the Gods’ complacency.
>AGE-FX being the God of Innovation and Technology.
>Double X literally being the moon, the shining light in the darkness.
>The Pantheon fighting against the empty husks of dead Gods, infected by the Devil Gundam.
>The establishment of Gundam Pilots/Newtypes being pivotal in the fight against Devil Gundam. Representatives of humanity who could become one with their protector deity in order to greatly enhance their abilities. Each having been born with a different aspect of Turn-A’s power.
>Gunpla’s role in this religion
>The role of Turn X
>The "Holy Land"

yeah so that's my take.
What's yours?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Homey, did you just now notice that giant robots were metaphorically deific figures? Because if so...
CONGRATULATIONS
>>
File: RX-78 VENT.jpg (135 KB, 1318x988) Image search: [Google]
RX-78 VENT.jpg
135 KB, 1318x988
>>14389040
True that, but I was trying to imagine a religion that included every Gundam.
As well as try to get some people to throw in their own ideas.

Like imagine 1000 years from now.
In the aftermath of global devastation, a small group find the remains of the RX-78-2 statue and raise a religion around it.
Eventually they find more and more artifacts (gunpla) related to it, and craft their own stories from their findings.
>>
So where does the RX-78 fit in this?
>>
>>14389105
you know its made of metal and not stone right?

Thing wouldn't be standing 100 years without maintenance much less a millennium
>>
>>14389099
I figured that out after pretty early, but never entertained the idea of Gundams as actual Gods.

>>14389114
OG Elder God.
refer to >>14389087

>>14389118
Eh I know. Let's just assume it got buried, or at least parts of it were buried.
>>
Gundam X and the 7th space war would be the turning point between the age of the old gods and the age of the new gods like Wing and Turn A.
>>
>>14389028
All I can imagine the G-Self as is some kind of randomly ruthless Deity, that blows up cities in claims of defense.
>>
>>14389087
>>Double X literally being the moon, the shining light in the darkness.

Each full moon clueless natives pray to Double X to not blast them with his satellite cannons, chanting around a fire in a rising cacophany of "IS THE MOON OUT?" until finally day breaks and they give thanks for being spared.
>>
>>14389186
God of Natural Disasters. Fires warning tornados.
>>
>>14389086
I prefer the idea of RX-78-2 being a false Creator, á la His Dark Materials. For the unaware, in that story 'God' was merely the first angel, and so took it upon himself to tell all the others that he made them. He's old, weak and kinda shitty, and only a handful know the truth. He's revered as the creator of all things, except he's really just a broken shell whose authority is manipulated by the much stronger Unicorn and Banshee (who know the truth because time shenanigans), ostensible Generals of his armies.
>>
>>14389227
Oh god it works too well.
>>
>>14389114
Everything is merely a dream of the RX-78
>>
>>14389240
So who is the true creator? Space Tomino?
>>
>>14389240
Also pertaining to His Darl Materials, what happened to the true god?
>>
Humanity is actually trapped in a loop, and is destined to create it's own God's, whom are destinedible in turn to create humanity itself.
>>
File: 15062.jpg (244 KB, 900x890) Image search: [Google]
15062.jpg
244 KB, 900x890
Where does this guy fit into all of this then?
>>
File: 20100625.jpg (805 KB, 1446x1050) Image search: [Google]
20100625.jpg
805 KB, 1446x1050
>>14389266
>>14389292
What if...
>>
>>14389020
>/m/ is becoming autistic once again

Awesome, maybe one day soon I can dump my fan theories in a thread without getting trashed
>>
>>14389292

IIRC, his sarcophagus was being moved to safety when mortals attacked and the protagonist caused it to be dropped, opening, and 'the Creator' faded away with a smile on his face.
>>
>>14389525

Wait, the true god? I mis-read. I don't think the true god is ever properly discussed.
>>
>>14389266
>>
>>14389403
Could Moonlight Butterfly damage Ideon? It certainly isn't indestructible.
>>
>>14389384
Minor Deity. Killed in action during the Dark History.
>>
>>14389424
Why not now? I'm listening.
>>
File: w8n5n0r.jpg (881 KB, 1240x1754) Image search: [Google]
w8n5n0r.jpg
881 KB, 1240x1754
God of Love. All kinds, including the love of punching things.
>>
File: Phenex closeup.jpg (402 KB, 922x517) Image search: [Google]
Phenex closeup.jpg
402 KB, 922x517
>>14389583
So I'm assuming Phenex is Banshee and Unicorn's third brother who has disappeared to parts unknown in his great quest to find the meaning of his existence?
>>
I honestly haven't even thought of Unicorn's role in my tale yet.
I'm still writing about Qan[T]'s conflict with Wing.
>>
>>14389767
OP did ask for your take on a Gundam religion, so sure why not.
>>
>>14389087
Where the SEED and Tekketsu stuff fits? I could see Destiny easily becoming the God of Rage and Wrath, but in a way like the Red Lantern Corps (hatred and rage driven by personal loss of someone close to them).
>>
>>14389077
As the legend goes, it was the grace of Qan[T] the finally brought an end to Wing Gundam's sorrow.

Wing had gone utterly mad, threatening the entirety of Earth with erasure, and could not even be stopped by her 4 allies in all of her rage. The remaining Gundams, who could have stopped her easily if banded together, had either grown fat and hedonistic from centuries of worship, underestimated Wing Gundam, or were merely off-world.
As for the cause of her anger some believe that Wing was tricked into a false sense of mind by Master Gundam, to punish the Gods for their complacency, and had convinced Wing that she was back in the Dark History surrounded by enemies. Regardless of theory, Wing had taken to beyond the skies and began to collect the light, snatching it from the Sun itself before it could even reach the Earth, and leaving the world in total darkness.

And when the light returned it shone like a second sun. Armageddon was nigh.

It was during the time that Qan[T] had been passing through the solar system when he spotted this peculiarity.
Entering the Moon, Qan[T] asked the resident deity of their situation.
>>
>>14390083
"It has been many eons since I've witnessed so many Gods collected in one place, but even more curious is the great light I see before me. For it does not burn of fire, but of fear. What of this can you tell me, fellow Gundam?"
Double X merely rolled over, glaring at Qan[T].
"This is not your quarrel nor is it mine. Leave now as you have disturbed my rest."
Not desiring conflict, Qan[T] left for the earth itself where he encountered God Gundam meditating in the darkness.

However, upon first glance Qan[T] realized that God was enduring trials beyond the physical, and would not answer any knock.
And so Qan[T] journeyed further across the lands until he found himself above a small city of humans.
Before he could even speak, they began to beg.
"OH GREAT AND MERCIFUL WING, PLEASE FORGIVE US FOR OUR WRONGDOING. WE KNOW NO WE HAVE DONE, BUT WILL DO ALL WITHIN OUR POWER TO ATONE FOR OUR SIN."
It was at that point Zabanya took notice the silhouette of 4 deities, laying crumpled atop a nearby mountain range.

Qan[T] instantly understood the situation was more dire than he once thought, and looking up, he took straight for the glimmering orb above.
"Goddess! Why do you threaten these lives who have meant you no harm?"
Without word, Wing Gundam immediately drew her blade to Qan[T]'s breast, and thrust it deep all the way to the hilt.

However, there was nothing there.
>>
>>14389767
>>14389826
The Unicorns are the sons of Nu and Sazabi.
>>
>>14390091
>>14390083
Then suddenly from behind the Goddess there was a great flash, eclipsing even the light of her cannon.

It is said that in this moment all of the world, both Human and God alike, became aware of one another. Even God Gundam was forced from his journey, and Turn-A himself trembled below, shaking the entirety of the planet. Destiny who had never known peace, for the first time in his life, felt as ease.

The events that occurred during this heightened state are said to indescribable even by Gods themselves. All that is known is that when the light finally dimmed, Wing had sprouted wings like that of a great eagle, like the ones she bore before the Dark History. Her madness was gone, and her pain had finally subsided. She remembered the peace before the great war, the lives so dear to her that were lost, and the lives she had slain. Most important of all though, Wing remembered the reason she had come along with Turn-A in the first place.

It was from then on that Wing henceforth came to be known as Wing Zero, signifying a return to both sanity and tranquility. A new beginning.

As for Qan[T] and his band, they were nowhere to be found. However, they did not leave the world with nothing. The Green light that had encapsulated the planet left Humanity and the Gods with a greater understanding for one another.
It is said that somewhere in the lightless expanse, Qan[T] and his followers continue their journey, spreading their words of love and understanding.
>>
>>14390129
Ah crap, I used "It is said" more than once in close proximity.
Well that's what I get for rushing.
>>
>>14389767
Unicorn, Phenex, and Banshee were there for the genesis of the Earth, but flew off to create their own life design at some point.
>>
>>14389901
And lo, the false messiah Strike Freedom doth appeared. Though his voice and demeanor invoked sympathy and compassion, his actions served no one but himself. Arriving on the battlefield, he crippled both sides saying "Friends, we have no reason to fight. Follow me so that we may make a tomorrow where the flowers of peace may never be trampled." But the armies he had laid low did not accept his words, for they were offered at the point of his sword, so he decried them as misguided souls that needed his leadership.
>>
File: Fuck you kira.gif (2 MB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you kira.gif
2 MB, 512x288
>>14390351
If this Mofo doesn't come out of nowhere just to smite Strike Freedom.
>>
DO NOT PRAISE FALSE GODS.
THE ONE TRUE GOD IS GAOGAIGAR.
>>
File: GTFO Zaku S.jpg (30 KB, 590x452) Image search: [Google]
GTFO Zaku S.jpg
30 KB, 590x452
>>14390955
>>
>>14390351
The Gundams of SEED are a treacherous self-serving lot.
Do not believe their promise of absolution, for they will strike you down just the same as any foe.
>>
>>14390955
Download that to your system and hit reset.
>>
File: barbatos.jpg (108 KB, 855x1280) Image search: [Google]
barbatos.jpg
108 KB, 855x1280
Behold! Barbatos! The eternal trickster and devil. He is a cruel demon known to cause chaos and strife wherever he goes. Barbatos lures men into his snares by appearing to them in an appealing form offering satisfaction and enlightenment, only revealing his true colors once they have agreed to his false promises. His very presence is also known to corrupt bystanders, turning them into incomprehensible demons of rage. a truly fierce demon.
>>
So what do monoeyes represent?
>>
>>14392925
Penises.
>>
File: Anime_Janai.jpg (78 KB, 450x660) Image search: [Google]
Anime_Janai.jpg
78 KB, 450x660
>>14389403
The backstory in that gag-manga makes so much sense
>Gundam universe born from the ending of Ideon
>At the start of U.C. Ideon starts to manifest itself on one of Jupiter's moons
>As humanity progressed into space along with their warring instinct, the will of Ide saw the need to warn humanity of risking repeating the same mistake, destroying itself.
>To do so, Ide started emanating psychic projections as warnings
>These psychic projections manifested as Newtype powers, Jovians who were near to Ideon gained greater powers.
>Tomino Yoshiyuki, a writer in this universe writes a fictional novel, "The legend of Ideon" based on his visions
It also explains why Char had all the Psycommu tech (he had access to Ideon). All the fancy newtype magic in CCA and Unicorn would also be due to invoking the will of Ide.
>>
>>14391862
Only the ever curious Stargazer, who cares only for the exploration of the Cosmos can be truly trusted of this lot
>>
>>14392925
Do not speak of the Mono-eyes.
For they will snatch the life right from your breath as you sleep or even worse, drop a colony on you.
>>
Threads like this make me wonder how people will perceive giant fandoms like Star Wars and Star Trek 100 years from now.

Will people perceive these works as classics like Shakespeare? Will Tomino be revered among the greats?
>>
>>14394713
After Trump makes anime great again and the beta uprising brings anime to the mainstream, waifus will be worshipped as gods and Tomino as a god of gods
>>
Where did everyone go?
>>
>>14407099
OP here. I stopped writing as I got busy with other stuff and just sort of forgot about this thread.
Dunno bout everyone else.
>>
>>14394713
Hardy boys is 89 years old. How is it that regarded as nowadays?
>>
>>14407212
I Hardly knew 'em!
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.