[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Based on the "Zaku I and Zaku II" come to the conclusion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 04-1.jpg (441 KB, 808x990) Image search: [Google]
04-1.jpg
441 KB, 808x990
Based on the "Zaku I and Zaku II" come to the conclusion that the difference between the two models is small

>+8.3t wt
>+52kw generator output
>+1300kg thrust
>-0.04 G Acceleration
>+300m sensor radius
>-1.2s 180-degree turn time
>+23km/h ground speed

basically, the difference in performance between different versions of the "Zaku II" was more

So would it not be easier just to upgrade the "Zaku I" instead of make a new model of dubious quality?
>>
People still post Zeon trash? ZEEKS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>13530690
>So would it not be easier just to upgrade the "Zaku I" instead of make a new model of dubious quality?
That's basically what the Zaku II is. Just look at it. It's 90% the same
>>
>>13530690
this is a case of "small changes that make a difference".

indeed the Zaku II it has less acceleration and slightly slower degree turn speed, mostly due to its enhanced armoring.

consider that the Zaku I was already 5 years old. Tech moves rather fast, right? so, cheaper components that are actually better, more armor so it can actually withstand feddy vulcans, everything... for the same checkels Zeon spent 5 years ago for the Zaku I mass production.

It was the one sensitive call Zeon did during most of the conflict, since afterwards they decided to blow everything onto multiple prototypes that barelly gave results, until they hit the jackpot with the gelgoog... but by then it was way too late.
>>
Anon it's just a way to sell Zaku I toys without making it look like the cheapest shit out there, AKA the "shelf warmer".
In the original series Zaku II were simply better and there's even a scene where Char tells a guy using the Zaku I that he's a retard for trying to fight the Gundam in such an outdated unit.
Zaku II was better until they felt the need to sell Zaku I toys.
>>
File: tAG_142804.jpg (179 KB, 790x565) Image search: [Google]
tAG_142804.jpg
179 KB, 790x565
>>13530690

That data saves nothing about the actual reliability and durability of the machine. I've always seen the Zaku II as the Kalashnikov of Mechas. Mass produced, effective, easy to use, reliable in every environment.
>>
File: zaku 2 wp.jpg (591 KB, 3030x2143) Image search: [Google]
zaku 2 wp.jpg
591 KB, 3030x2143
>>13533657
Oh, and of course mostly used by 'bad guys'
>>
>>13530690
>basically, the difference in performance between different versions of the "Zaku II" was more
i.e. the series is massively inconsistent, which is no surprise.
>>
>>13532994
Its still better, though.
>>
>>13532973
>consider that the Zaku I was already 5 years old.
No it wasn't. It was barely a few months old before it was replaced with the Zaku 2, if even that.
>>
What about any weapons that the Zaku II could use and the Zaku I wasn't?
>>
File: ms06_zaku2.gif (25 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
ms06_zaku2.gif
25 KB, 240x400
Mark Simmons' article "Power Crazy" has a deep analysis of the Zaku II's cables, and explains that there's more to it than the numerical stats.

http://www.ultimatemark.com/gundam/power.html

"In the author's opinion, [the MS-06 Zaku II's] trademark power cables are most likely used to transfer thermal energy for propulsion, electrical generation, and cooling purposes."

So there's a matter of greater efficiency -- something that isn't reflected in the published specs.
>>
Surprise, Zeon likes to waste money and resources.
>>
File: 0083_Rebellion_Chapter_02_003.jpg (237 KB, 942x1421) Image search: [Google]
0083_Rebellion_Chapter_02_003.jpg
237 KB, 942x1421
>>13533657
The Kalashnikov assault rifle in the world is GM Gundam is a mass produced, well armed well protected, adaptable and servant for a long time
>>
File: tumblr_m73slfK6QZ1ru6hifo1_500.gif (138 KB, 500x689) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m73slfK6QZ1ru6hifo1_500.gif
138 KB, 500x689
>>13533909
The problem is that these cables, not pipes of the cooler, mounted on top of the armor that makes them incredibly vulnerable to any, even the smallest splinter or micrometeorite... Kunio is either a lousy engineer, or just a fool
>>
>>13534281
GMs are more like the M-16s of the world. There's a reason they based the Hi-Zaku off the Zaku design.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.