[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I remember correctly, each of the "Side" consisted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bscap0015.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
bscap0015.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
If I remember correctly, each of the "Side" consisted of 40 to 80 colonies (each 30 km long and 8 wide - wondering where zeek`s have as much gas?).

>1) 0078 year Universal Century

Earth Federation
Earth: 4.3 billion
Sides 1, 2, 4: 2.8 billion (total)
Said 5: 2 billion (it consisted of 80 colonies)

The Duchy of Zeon
Side 3: 1.3 billion

Future Neutrals
Side 6: 900 million

>2) 0079 year Universal Century
Losses in the first phase of the One Year War

Earth Federation
Earth: 3.8 billion (500 million dead)
The sides 1, 2, 4: somehow destroyed (2.8 billion dead)
Side 5: completely destroyed (2 billion dead)

The Duchy of Zeon
Side 3: 1.3 billion (untouched)

Neutrals
Side 6: 900 million (unchanged)

In other words, after the "War of the one-week" actually population of the Earth Federation totaled 3.8 billion against 1.3 billion at Zeon; the remaining 5.3 billion turned into cosmic dust ... (At this scale massacre at all strange that Zabi were at least some loyal forces - in theory people who sanction whis were to destroy their own people, just fo case ...)

>And now it gets weird:

In "Gundam 0079" states that "the Sides 1, 2, 4 and 5" were completely destroyed - they crossed the big X in one of the episodes, and during the attack on the "Solomon" states that fleets Federation gathered in the ruins, "the Sides 1 and 4 ". The only notable exception is less and the whole habitable colony of "Texas".

And yet, in the "Zeta", "ZZ", and "Char`s counterattack " we see a lot of colonies on the "side 1 and 2" no signs of damage or sparse population. "Side 4", the former "Side of 5", a zone of "shallow water" filled with the debris of the colonies; "Sides 4 and 6" were also numbered, but they never appeared in the anime.

>Now, surprise - in the years 0093-0096 the population of the Spheres, according to the words and Kvess Ridden, has same 10 billion people ...

What the heck?!
>>
>>13510345
>Kvess Ridden

I mean Quess Paraya and Riddhe Marcenas
>>
>>13510345
It's a cartoon, you autist.
Shit is made up by terrible writers and changes every few years on the whims of cartoon producers.
>>
>>13510345

Gundam blew its load on the first show because they didn't know they were setting up for a 100 year megafranchise that won't end until the Earth is consumed in the fires of the sun. It was never prepared for more stories set in the same universe, and every time they try they need to make up and retcon shit in order to make room.

Thats how you end up with 27 secret Gundams that were also active during the OYW that everyone conveniently forgot to mention at the time, or interquels like Unicorn that stick out like sore thumbs because they jam really big and important events into the middle of a timeline where we know in advance it doesn't have any impact on future events at all.

You know the biggest mistake in Gundam? Beam weapons. Halfway through the original series, they introduce beam weaponry as the new hot shit weapon that is a one hit kill that ignores all armor... and Gundam never escaped it. No matter how far in the future they set new Gundam shows, beam weapons are still the be-all end-all armament of choice, because they didn't leave themselves any room for technological advancement aside from gimmicky superweapons that no one actually uses.

In the grand scheme of things, retconning billions of people into being magically not-dead is hardly the most egregious writing mistake in Gundam.
>>
>>13510354
Then we can not pay attention to all the oddities

1) Why Zeon began to poison the colony, if in the future began to use their production capacity and had to re-import the workers?
2) In addition to the zeons fighters served in the army of the Duchy of natives from other "Sides" - the so-called "Foreign Legion Zeon" in which service began and Johnny Raiden - who, for some reason, did not resent the destruction of native colonies
3) if the colony had been poisoned and destroyed Zeon, where the Federation has Shiro Yamada and his group, who were recruits / volunteers was one of those killed, the colonies?
4) if the colonies have been destroyed, then why in the "Zeta" these colonies is quite safe and sound?
5) If the Zeon destroyed much kosmonoid and their habitats, why they do not favor the protection of the Federation?
6) Why Zeon not be occupied after the war - like after World War II Germany - but his "war crimes" much more serious?
7) if, in the years 0078-79 was destroyed half of 11 billion humankind, how to 0093-96, ie 17 years (maximum) people had accumulated 10 billion?
>>
What was the population of Moon Moon? How about Cosmo Babylonia?
>>
>>13510354
And yet it's decently well researched for a piece of entertainment.

There's a good reason why it keeps selling.
>>
>>13510345
>>13510565
>after the "War of the one-week"
>during the attack on the "Solomon" states that fleets Federation gathered in the ruins, "the Sides 1 and 4 "
>the army of the Duchy of natives from other "Sides"
>in the years 0078-79 was destroyed half of 11 billion humankind
Jesus "fuck" man, work on your "English"

You sound like you're either Japanese or an extraterrestrial
>>
>>13510554
>late UC obsoletes beams as kinetics have just as high a PK again and beam shields stop both anyway
>IBO just plain went 'no beems pls'
>>
>>13510809

At a guess, the dude is Russian. My evidence being that he translated Spacenoid as kosmonoid.

Its not flawless English, but its perfectly understandable for a non-native speaker. Don't be a dick. We all love robots here.
>>
>>13511053
>At a guess, the dude is Russian

This. It's Runglish as fuck
>>
>>13510554

> You know the biggest mistake in Gundam? Beam weapons. Halfway through the original series, they introduce beam weaponry as the new hot shit weapon that is a one hit kill that ignores all armor... and Gundam never escaped it. No matter how far in the future they set new Gundam shows, beam weapons are still the be-all end-all armament of choice, because they didn't leave themselves any room for technological advancement aside from gimmicky superweapons that no one actually uses.

I'd say that was far from the biggest mistake in Gundam personally, since ballistic rounds have been a mainstay of the real world for several hundred years now and while there's been some innovation, it's really just been refinement of the idea: evolution, not revolution. Which happened for beam weapons too, since it started with them being an innovation, then they became standard, then you had F91 introducing VSBRs. It never went beyond that point since they didn't become standard in Victory to my knowledge, but there was some effort there to show an evolution of the concept over time. Especially when you look at other technologies like i-fields, beam shields, the wings of light and so on. It's a better sense of tech progression than many franchises have in my opinion.
>>
>>13510345
don't listen all those edgelords, between 0079 and Zeta the colonies were reorganized, some were moved, other rebuilt
>>
>>13510345
>(each 30 km long and 8 wide - wondering where zeek`s have as much gas?)

Boyle's Law.
>>
>>13510807

Because the Nippon have no taste and it spreads world wide...much like that reactor that everyone forgot about?
>>
>>13511241

But anon, its THE FUTURE!
>>
literally none of those numbers are actually mentioned in the series themselves

stop reading fanfiction and complaining when fanfiction written by other people doesn't keep to the same canon
>>
>>13510345
>If I remember correctly, each of the "Side" consisted of 40 to 80 colonies (each 30 km long and 8 wide - wondering where zeek`s have as much gas?).
>In "Gundam 0079" states that "the Sides 1, 2, 4 and 5" were completely destroyed
Yeah, the whole explaination is a awkward retcon. In the original show a Side was just one colony. Then in later shows it wasn't. Mystery solved.
>>
>>13511053
>My evidence being that he translated Spacenoid as kosmonoid.

That's adorable.

>>13513806
>In the original show a Side was just one colony.

I think that was only true for Side 7. Side 3 had plenty of colonies. Zeon didn't force itself into homelessness to construct the Solar Ray.
>>
Remember only 2 or 3 colonies were gassed, they just nuked the others
>>
>>13510345
No
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.