[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: fond memories of times with books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: norwegian_wood.large.jpg (51 KB, 305x475) Image search: [Google]
norwegian_wood.large.jpg
51 KB, 305x475
I read pic related in late August a few years ago and, just, the memories of reading this book on a park bench in the shade of an old tree during an outing to the park was so comfy... every time I evoke this memory I'm always filled with a feeling of warmth. What are some fond memories /lit/ has concerning reading books?
>>
i never understood what NW's point was

for me it was just japanese autism - the book
>>
>>8036240
That's not the point of this thread. We're talking about good and memorable times spent reading.
>>
>>8036232
As I was reaching the end of In Search of Lost Time, I was desperately trying to find the perfect place to finish it. I became anxious, left my room and went downstairs, to the attic and back in my room again. Nearing the end, my heart was beating fast and I felt uneasy. After I had read the last page in bed, I couldn't really believe that that book, in which I was invested for such a long time, had finally come to an end. I then decided to reread the last page for a while. Rereading it moved me deeply, and I only stopped reading when the tears in my eyes blurred my sight. Unable to read any further, I put the book away and began to cry.

It was also my birthday.
>>
>>8036240
/lit/ autism - the post

but seriously it's a coming of age story where the protagonist seems to be dealing with death...changes happening in japan at the time...and learning to deal with unresolvable relationship/life issues.

I remember about ten years ago while I was still in college. I was reading this book in a beach condo I shared with two friends. they were gone and I had the place to myself. I was reading on the sofa next to a big sliding glass door while it was sunny and raining outside.
>>
File: MTWHardcover.jpg (53 KB, 314x475) Image search: [Google]
MTWHardcover.jpg
53 KB, 314x475
I never had many friends in elementary school and the Redwall books always made me feel better. The adventures and the friendship and the fantastically described woodlands and food. Those books are weapons-grade comfy. Just looking at the covers gives me huge waves of happy nostalgia.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.