[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post your stack; rate other anons' stacks
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: 20160604_202733-1-1.jpg (3 MB, 2734x1781) Image search: [Google]
20160604_202733-1-1.jpg
3 MB, 2734x1781
How does /lit/ like this stack of books lying next to me that I'm currently reading?
>>
JACK KEROUAC
>>
File: mine.jpg (489 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
mine.jpg
489 KB, 2000x1333
>>8125568
>reading more than one book
I don't know how anyone could possibly do this
>>
>>8125732
OP here. I'm reading all of those, with the exception of The Subterraneans, Big Sur, and The Religion of the Ancient Celts. I'm also reading Dune. That's it. The Dharma Bums is my main book at the moment.
>>
>>8125769
Don't you mess up the plots on your mind? I said that mostly as a prank but I never actually considered reading more than one book. Also, won't you just ruin the flow of your reading by just reading the book you're enjoying the most? I imagine that, if done right, reading more than one book can make you read more since you can change the book when you get bored or tired, tho.
>>
File: the tain.jpg (10 KB, 179x281) Image search: [Google]
the tain.jpg
10 KB, 179x281
>>8125769
Thats a lot of mythologyical shit, might want to nab this while you are at it
>>
>>8125732
Bom livro, mas tu deve ser um baita dum viadão.
>>
>>8125857
O que te faz pensar isso?
>>
>>8125876
Essa coisa em cima do livro e essa necessidade de mostrar outras coisas que não o livro.
>>
>>8125896
Essa coisa fica ali mesmo, não faria sentido eu tirar, o resto foi só pra dar pra ver a caneta que eu uso pra marcar o livro mesmo. Realmente, não era necessário, deixo de lado da próxima vez. Desculpe a inexperiência
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
Repost from the recent purchases thread.
>>
File: IMG_7496.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7496.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>8125568
dharma bums is cool, i want to read big sur.

>>8125732
probably my favorite novel

>>8126179
i've been meaning to read the crossing, i really enjoyed all the pretty horses.
>>
>>8125732
I can read multiple books at a time if they're all drastically different and style and content. So like generally I'll be reading a book of philosophy, a novel, a collection of short stories, and maybe a poetry collection.
>>
File: image.jpg (196 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196 KB, 960x720
Current stack on my desk
>>
>>8126207
Paterson is by far my fav Ginsberg poem.

Heidegger was a nazi
>>
>>8126179
I've into Mishima lately. Started with his short stories want to read confessions of a mask next. hope its not too gay.
>>
>>8125568
You got those as required reading for school, nigger.
>>
>>8126309
>i accidentally the whole thing
>>
>>8125568
>kerouac
>introductory mythology books
>fantasy

verdict- meme'd
>>
>>8125732
It's easy. Just git gud faggot
>>
>>8126298
>Heidegger was a nazi
confirmed pleb
>>
>>8126207
that alan ginsberg book looks like a form of cruel and unusual punishment
>>
>>8127693
you literally had a picture with his name spelled correctly in front of you when you wrote this.
>>
>>8126207
I'm thinking of buying that Ginsberg collection. I bought "The Essential Ginsberg" and really enjoyed it. It has poems, letters, essays, and interviews.
>>
>>8127693
You don't like poetry?

Complaint of the Skeleton to Time

Take my love, it is not true,
So let it tempt no body new;
Take my lady, she will sigh
For my bed where’er I lie;
Take them, said the skeleton,
But leave my bones alone.

Take my raiment, now grown cold,
To give to some poor poet old;
Take the skin that hoods this truth
If his age would wear my youth;

Take the thoughts that like the wind
Blow my body out of mind;
Take this heart to go with that
And pass it on from rat to rat;

Take the art which I bemoan
In a poem’s crazy tone;
Grind me down, though I may groan,
To the starkest stick and stone;

Early 1949
>>
>>8125732
I tend to read a novel and a graphic novel at the same time. But I'm a pleb so ignore me.
>>
>>8125732
Sometimes I lose interest in a book I'm reading, or gain new interest in another book. This usually ends up in me reading both back and forth.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.