[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>youll never be a literary superstar why live
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
>youll never be a literary superstar

why live
>>
File: 1398285756910.jpg (82 KB, 360x278) Image search: [Google]
1398285756910.jpg
82 KB, 360x278
>you will never be a science man
>>
>why live
You should be asking that to DFW.
>>
>>8003158
>writes because he wants to be famous

why even write?
>>
>>8003514
well one wants to be famous, one just wants to be famous among the right kind of people

>>8003158
dfw is famous among the wrong kind of people
>>
>tfw you will never be a controversial yet respected academic figure like Harold Bloom
>>
>thinks that being famous would make their life worth living
dfw hanged himself in his garage and his wife found him swinging
>>
>>8003820
Rafters out back. He was there for a while if I recall so I dont know how much swinging was being done. But the gist of your point is true.
>>
>>8003900
I heard it really stretched him out, if you know what I mean.
>>
At 19, I still find it strange to think that when I'm 30 there will be someone my age that is writing something that I will want to read. Someone like DFW, i.e "voice of a generation" bullshit.
>>
>>8003158
>I'm not so sure you want to be me — just be a good guy
- Jason Segel as Dave Wallace in 2015's bromance, The End of the Tour
>>
>>8004114
in other words kill yourself
>>
>>8004114
>I'm not so sure you want to be me — just be a good guy
This is wrong. He says these separately. The "be a good guy" garbage comes when Eisenheim is sniffing around DFW's ex-gf because he's "compulsively flirtatious".
>>
>>8003900
I'm the EMT who responded to the call, he was in fact on the back porch.
>>
What makes you think I won't, OP?
>>
>>8004133

cheers geoff
>>
>>8004251
are there any current literary superstars that aren't mediocre? why would you want to be one? the times of great pop lit is over and best sellers are usually shit now.
>>
>>8004885
Because I like to dream impossible dreams, Anon.
>>
>population of previous 4chan posters who became literary superstars: 0
>population of men named John Green who became literary superstars: 1
why live
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.