[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Paris and Vienna used to be the places to be for literati.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: 1282849443301.jpg (1 MB, 2957x2153) Image search: [Google]
1282849443301.jpg
1 MB, 2957x2153
So Paris and Vienna used to be the places to be for literati.
What cities are there now to go to?
>>
My bedroom desu
>>
There are none. You have to form ties and floating communities with people online who share your interests.
>>
>>7885525
the internet
>>
>>7885559
>>7885565
the internet is filled with retarded plebs who think they're not

t. /lit/
>>
>where are good writers
Nowhere
>>
Kraków
>>
>>7885525
dushanbe.
i'm serious.
>>
File: Dubsmocritus.jpg (220 KB, 1291x1600) Image search: [Google]
Dubsmocritus.jpg
220 KB, 1291x1600
>>7885555
>>
>>7885654
not even #1 city in the country
>>
>>7885693
What's the #1? Poznan?
>>
>>7885586
so is meatspace
>>
>>7885525
Mexico City, Damascus, Reddit
>>
>>7885673
why
>>
Bogota, Kathmandu, Berlin
>>
>>7885817
Auschwitz, probably.
>>
Most of Tao Lins collaboration is done online through social media and that. I'm sure that's the way to do it these days
>>
File: Dore_woodcut_Divine_Comedy_01.jpg (3 MB, 1836x2286) Image search: [Google]
Dore_woodcut_Divine_Comedy_01.jpg
3 MB, 1836x2286
There is a park in Neukoelln called the Britzer Garten that a few of us have been meeting on evenings to discuss literature by candle light
>>
London. Not even joking. We have the fucking School of Life
>>
>>7885586
The internet is terrible because the world is terrible. It's all the same people.
>>
>>7885874
Can you live cheaply in London? You have to be able to live there without having a cushy job for it to be a writer-friendly city. That's why there are no more good writers in New York.
>>
>>7885859
but tao is a hack and no one should want to emulate him
>>
>>7885909
Nope. Like Paris, it's fast on its way to becoming an overpriced disneyland inhabited by rich chinamen, Arab sheiks and Russian oligarchs
>>
>>7885909
lol no, living there is crazy expensive
>>
Any city that is late enough and prosperous enough to give you a good group of people, but not so commercialized as to make affordable living impossible.

I live in Chicago, which is a pretty good city, I think.
>>
>>7885880
that doesn't really make people off the internet any better
>>
>>7886088
Except for the eternal nig wars
>>
>>7885525
At the moment i would probably vouch for Berlin...it's still reasonably cheap for a major city, good culture, and easy to find whatever you're looking for. Hopefully, they'll get the kabab under control.

NYC is overpriced and the rest of the U.S. is mostly meh...
>>
>>7885817
warszawa baby
>>
>>7885525
Anywhere you can live without working crushing hours. For some people that's Manhattan, and for others it's a sketchy building in Mexico City, but there are lots of artists in both of those places.

The Internet is not the answer. Real interaction is very important.

People saying Mexico Coty aren't far off. There needs to be a bigger exodus of American artists to DF for it to be a true center but the potential there is so strong. If you speak Spanish it's worth considering DF right now.
>>
File: 2342342.jpg (274 KB, 870x960) Image search: [Google]
2342342.jpg
274 KB, 870x960
>people using /lit/ and "literati" as an abstract identity
>>
>>7885880
What? Did you ever even try to get out of your chair senpai?

The world is fucking great. The people 4chan likes to call 'normies' comprise 75-80% of humanity and they're off towards making great deeds mankind will remember in some capacity. The cancerous remainder that is us is who truly crawls the internet.

One is the polar opposite of the other. There is hope for the world exactly because internet is so terrible. Spam the reddit SJW machine with gore, I say, and there will be eternal world peace.
>>
>>7885874

>School of Life

alain pls go
>>
Any place with a lot of muslims
>>laughinggirls.jiff
>>
Chicago, Philadelphia, and Boston are the last true literati cities in Ameirca, LA and NYC are cultural wastelands infected with global neo-liberal capitalism and gay australians and continental europeans who bought into the meme. Seattle and Portland were commercialized before they had a chance to become the cultural capitals of America. As for the rest of the world I think Latin America will be the next "big thing". Buenos Aires in particular.
>>
>>7887033
What about Old South cities like Charleston, Savannah, or New Orleans?
>>
>>7885525
Been thinking about moving to Belgrade, mostly because the cost of living is so low while still being in Europe.
>>
Toronto
>>
>>7885909
Share houses friends. There are poor people in NYC.

Maybe the online lit community should just arbitrarily pick a cheap city and turn it into a lit place.
>>
>>7886317
Df?
>>
>>7887086
im from charleston and its a very inspiring city. sadly the rent is pretty expensive downtown
>>
>>7885525
Varrock or Falador
>>
>>7887137

Distrito Federal, Federal District.
>>
>>7886317
>Real interaction is very important
for what reason?
>>
File: 1431776977332.gif (310 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1431776977332.gif
310 KB, 320x180
>living in a city
>willingly surrounding yourself with degeneracy and ugliness
>thinking that this will give you some sort of literary credit
>>
>>7887170
is there any downtown/historic area in NA or Europe that's not incredibly expensive to live in?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.