[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 300x464
>>
david foster wallace
>>
a novel
>>
good meme, friends
>>
So hal incandeza was retarded right?
>>
The book is about communication. Recall when hals father desperately tries to talk to his son through a disguise as a therapist.

Most of the book deals with indirect attempts by the ghost of hals father to communicate with his son (recall the camera equipment appearing around the academy and the toothbrushes in hals bathroom).

The film in the book, IMO, is his father's ultimate attempt to communicate with his son in a way that is so comprehensive, so heartwarming, whatever it is we can't imagine that ebikes absolute pleasure, that it causes the proverbial mouse in all of us to flip that dopemine switch inside our heads till me starve to death.
>>
>>7882920
The book is actually about drugs
>>
>>7882929
actually it's about tennis
>>
>>7882952
Isn't it about a videotape ?
>>
>>7882849

Why are DFW and Infinite Jest threads happening more than usual?
>>
>>7882965
They say he will never die
>>
>>7882849
This only people who really understand this book at its core are American middle-class people who grew up in the 90s. So... it'll die in a couple generations. It'll become as obscure as Marlowe.
>>
>>7884425
Remove this
>>
>>7884427
as unappreciated as a Twilight novel~~~
>>
>>7884425
you mean as more and more we become addicted to pleasure and entertainment with the advent of smartphones this book will become LESS relevant??? ok bud.
>>
>>7882952
I swear, if he fucking brings up tennis one more time and starts musing about how beautifully complex it is with some math thrown in, I'm going to make a separate thread about it!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.