[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is murder ever morally justifiable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 360x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 360x314
Are there any books (besides the bible) that have justified murder in them? Objectively speaking.
>>
>>7535660
>Objectively speaking

what is that even supposed to mean you cockmuncher
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3984x4277) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3984x4277
Lolita. I would have murdered Quilty too, he was a real cocksucker.
>>
Might Makes Right - Ragnar Redbeard
>>
>>7535661
Well if someone kills his wife because she cheated on you with 10 other men and a dog, you found out that your child isn't yours, she was leading a double life with someone else and was only there "for you" so she can suck your money dry, this kind of murder is subjectively justifiable for said man/husband. But only for him. An outsider would say "she just cheated on him. No reason to end her life!" etc.
>>
File: inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg (56 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
inigo-montoya_that-word.jpg
56 KB, 400x400
>>7535660
>Objectively
>>
>>7535676
what if i'm an outsider and i say that he was right to kill her? Or what if i'm an outsider and say it's no one has any right to kill anyone?

There's no such thing as objectivity justified anything. Everyone, regardless of whether or not they're an "outsider" has a subjective opinion
>>
File: 1395560050362.gif (675 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1395560050362.gif
675 KB, 200x150
>>7535660
This isn't a question that can be objective or subjective faggot, only conditional or else it's redundant.
>>
>>7535686
So in short, it's not black and white.
>>
>>7535660
Maybe killing, but murder by definition is unjust.
Of course, you could do pretty much any penal code or law ig
>>
This thread belongs on >>>/fa/
>>
Start with the greeks
>>
>>7535676
>This guy fell for the 4chan "objectively" meme
>>
>>7535660
If you're into reading tomes by talented, but self-indulgent, writers then check out some Vollman. He wrote book a on the topic of violence and its justifications called "Rising Up and Rising Down". The problem is that the book careens off into boring travel journalism from time to time, but the historical cases he examines are interesting.
>>
>>7535660
my diary t b h
>>
Well, Crime and Punishment is about that very subject.
>>
Murder by definition is the unlawful killing of someone. If you just mean is killing ever not wrong, then people make exceptions all the time. Depends if you by into them.
>>
The Stranger
>>
File: 1451629826612.gif (363 KB, 535x535) Image search: [Google]
1451629826612.gif
363 KB, 535x535
Watchmen, ig
>>
>>7535694
>>7536405
>unlawful = unjustified

OP's question is stupid, too, but two wrongs don't make a right, anons.
>>
>>7535676
>>7535660
>(besides the bible)
The Quran
>>
>>7536409
You misunderstood.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.