[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's the writing career coming, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: feels.png (5 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5 KB, 645x773
How's the writing career coming, /lit/?
>>
The only way I can convince myself to start writing is when I suddenly catch a visceral sense of motivation about once every 2nd day or so. Then as I contemplate the idea of writing I enjoy this imagined sense of superiority over all the people I know who have made efforts artistically and who I'm going to be better than. I enjoy knowing in that moment that I am a special talent that just hasn't gotten round to action.

I then realise that this motivation to write only exists as means to be revered and respected as a great and I figure that to be truly great I must not allow this feeling to be there when I write.

I take this energy and put it into masturbation,4-6 hours, to mellow me out.

Then I am no longer motivated or capable to string a word together in any creative way so I browse 4chan and shitpost until the following surge of energy.

Overall, it's going rather well.
>>
I've finally accepted that I'm only good at academic writing. So I'm finishing my master's and enrolling for a PhD, to become a badly-payed academic for the rest of my humble existence. I'll literally only be a footnote in history.
>>
"I'm doing badly, I'm doing well; whichever you prefer."
>>
Used to write a lot.
Teacher's said I had talent.
Started questioning the effectiveness on my writing. Praise for it never felt authentic, like they just didn't know any better. Hated trying to set the bar, realized in order to make a viable career out of it I would have to undermine my peers for a more palpable story. Opted out, lost my passion unless I was intoxicated in some way, consequently eroded my idealism as well.
Also every writer is better than me, even the ones that are obviously not.
>>
>>7894451
Oh man. This is me but replace the part about masturbation with playing video games.
>>
File: no more.jpg (64 KB, 1023x943) Image search: [Google]
no more.jpg
64 KB, 1023x943
>work shitty menial job for shitty pay
>daydream about how once I finish my novel I'll get published and make a ton of money
>2.5 years later: first draft not complete
>>
>>7894426

am i the only person who has been an avid reader all their life and never once aspired to being an author?
>>
>>7894537
no, /lit/ is just full of weirdos
>>
>>7894426
About to finish my most recent draft, nearing 80k words. I'll probably let it sit while I work on something else. Editing scares me.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.