[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What am I reading currently? Pride and Prejudice. Re-reading.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: George-Costanza-9.jpg (27 KB, 605x454) Image search: [Google]
George-Costanza-9.jpg
27 KB, 605x454
What am I reading currently?

Pride and Prejudice. Re-reading.

What's it about?

Well, you know, you've got your Pride, of course, and that's represented in the character of, uh... and but then on the other hand, you've got Prejudice, and oh boy, I don't know which is worse. It's really a battle, I think, between the two. But in the end, of course, what do you know, it turns out that it's really the two together that really, uh, puts the spice in life. You can't have one without the other. That's my interpretation anyway.

What are you reading?
>>
>What am I reading currently?
The Politically Incorrect Guide to Brazil's History

>What's it about?
Clearing some misconceptions taught in school e.g. there were no saint heroes or demon villains in hour history. Some famous cultural idols were nazis and there were a lot of ex-slave slave traffickers. Natives weren't the angels we were taught and most natives died in the hands of other natives that had sided with the europeans;
those natives wanted to expand their territories and were considered friends of the empire/king/whatever.
>>
>>7821546
What is politically incorrect about spotlighting nazi's? That is among the most PC things there are. Bleurgh.
>>
>>7821433
>What am I reading currently?
Memed, My Hawk

>What's it about?
Winner of Turkey's first literary awards, it follows the life of brigand Ince Memed as he basically acts like Robin Hood, except towards petty Turkish magistrates, often with gruesome and excessive violence. Parts of the plot feel ripped off by Braveheart.
>>
>>7821769
>Memed

No fucking way
>>
>>7821778
I questioned that myself, but what are you going to do, I'm not an authority in the language, and NYRB are better than most.
>>
>>7821750
No mainstream books talk about it. They just praise the guy for being good at writing/composing/etc and suck his dick for his works.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.