[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More authors like Mishima? To give a simple example of what i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: de1b3c.jpg (57 KB, 366x396) Image search: [Google]
de1b3c.jpg
57 KB, 366x396
More authors like Mishima? To give a simple example of what i'm looking for: “Perfect purity is possible if you turn your life into a line of poetry written with a splash of blood.”

It's not so much about stylistic similarity, rather a philosophical one. One name that is closely attached to Mishima is for example Nietzsche, as Mishima was clearly heavily influenced by him and there are many similarities in their thoughts, though of course also many ways in which they differ.
>>
Mihai Eminescu
Auguste Villiers de l'Isle-Adam
Verner von Heidenstam
Ion Creangă
Duiliu Zamfirescu
Rudyard Kipling
Saki
Knut Hamsun
Luigi Pirandello
Giuseppe Ungaretti
Saunders Lewis
Cyriel Verschaeve
Josef Weinhaber
Hanns Heinz Ewers
Gunnar Gunnarsson
Louis-Ferdinand Céline
Paul Morand
Jacques Chardonne
Marcel Jouhandeau
Jacques Laurent
Yukio Mishima
Jean Raspail
Michel Déon
Futurists
Baron Giulio Cesare Andrea Evola
Junger heinlein

Sir Oswald Mosley
Julius Evola
Léon Degrelle
Cornelius Codreanu
Giovanni Gentile
Oswald Spengler
Mussolini
Giovanni Papini
Celine
Houellebecq
>>
>>8111188
Celine
Houellebecq
Knut Hamsun
-

Those are the 3 i've read from this list. None of them fit whatsoever. Can you atleast give an explanation for the names?
>>
>>8111202

do you want me to read them for you too?
>>
>>8111232
No rather, i wonder what this list is based on. As the 3 authors i name have literally nothing in common with Mishima.
>>
>>8111153

Yukio Mishima:

To give a simple example of what i'm looking for:

>“Perfect purity is possible if you turn your life into a line of poetry written with a splash of blood.”

>>8111202

>Knut Hamsun

Writers should

>describe the "whisper of blood, and the pleading of bone marrow"

Quoted from Knut Hamsun (1890). "Fra det ubevidste Sjæleliv", Samtiden, September 1890

Be thankful I even gave you this list, you're lucky to receive so many reccomendations in the first post on this god forsaken board filled with meme-slinging idiots.
>>
>>8111188
You put Evola twice friendo
>>
>>8111623
He just copied and pasted a list from another site
>>
>>8111153
Hey OP, I want to pick up some Mishima. What's best to start with?
>>
>>8111662

Put what I wrote in quotes and see if you can find a list. Take any chunk and see if you can find a list of names in that unique order. Shut the fuck up and go post stirner memes you spook sucking faggot.

>>8111623

No shit really?! Awesome you're smart and good at reading!!! Fuck you. You're less than shit
>>
>>8111232
>>8111252

You're tone engenders 0 confidence in that list, even if it happens to be a nice list.
>>
>>8111854
wew lad
>>
>>8111900

fix your grammar before you start giving unsolicited tone readings like a babbling homeless "psychic" looking for attention and money
>>
>>8111948
>>8111854
>>8111232
>>8111252

Jaysus, who put the stick up this guy's ass?

What are you trying to prove, friend? Disabuse yourself of your insecurities, for we are all Anon here.
>>
>>8112033

I'll tell you: I'm sick of seeing threads ruined by people who don't contribute. I gave a lengthy list and was told members of my list were not relevant to the author in question. I BTFO'd him with a quote by the norwegian author that very well could have been written by mishima, and now you idiots aren't even contributing. Fuck off loser. Disabuse the entire surface area of your mouth from my hot seed, you cockworshipping faggot.
>>
>>8111153
>Perfect purity is possible if you turn your life into a line of poetry written with a splash of blood.

Haha oh wow. You consider this to be good? Try r/writingprompts, underage.
>>
>>8111900
>you're
stay kek'd amigo
>>
>>8112069
this, autistic weebs get out
>>
>>8112062
>Disabuse the entire surface area of your mouth from my hot seed, you cockworshipping faggot.
I was going to retort, but this is one impressively deft turn of phrase
You win literature
>>
>>8111699
Temple of the golden pavilion
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.