[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Lacan/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: lacan p.jpg (18 KB, 470x230) Image search: [Google]
lacan p.jpg
18 KB, 470x230
>>
> IN THE AUTUMN OF 1975 Jacques Lacan, the French structuralist psychoanalyst, paid a rare visit to the United States. Convinced that he was world famous, he announced on his arrival in New York that he wanted to make a private visit to the Metropolitan Opera House. 'Tell them I am Lacan,’ he said. His academic hosts were momentarily nonplussed but, knowing the perils of crossing their guest, rapidly found a solution to the problem. They phoned the director of the Metropolitan and told him that Jean-Paul Sartre wanted to visit incognito. Flattered, the director agreed at once. Having been warned not to address the philosopher by name, he received his distinguished French visitor graciously and a memorable day ensued. Lacan was delighted by his welcome.

> Later Lacan scandalised everyone during a lecture at the Massachusetts Instititute of Technology by the way he answered a question about thought put to him by Noam Chomsky. 'We think we think with our brains,' said Lacan. 'But personally I think with my feet. That's the only way I really come into contact with anything solid. I do occasionally think with my forehead, when I bang into something. But I've seen enough electroencephalograms to know there's not the slightest trace of a thought in the brain.' When he heard this, Chomsky concluded that the lecturer must be a madman.
>>
File: noamchomsky.jpg (27 KB, 458x475) Image search: [Google]
noamchomsky.jpg
27 KB, 458x475
PERFECTLY
>>
SELF
>>
The essential and indispensable introduction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aqGYYBwKbQ
>>
Chomsky getting blasted by Frenchies as usual
>>
File: 8222_1.jpg (7 KB, 150x180) Image search: [Google]
8222_1.jpg
7 KB, 150x180
>>8077760
>this psychiatrist needs a psychiatrist
>>
>>8077764
>madman

M A D M A N
A
D
M
A
N
>>
Charlatan
>>
>>8077769
BTFO
>>
>>8077769
he licks his lips like a negro
>>
>>8077840
Both Chomsky and Lacan are charlatans.
>>
>>8077840
More like charlacan, amirite?
>>
>>8078064
How is Chomsky a charlatan? Explain yourself whore
>>
File: 1448546786121.jpg (34 KB, 441x280) Image search: [Google]
1448546786121.jpg
34 KB, 441x280
>>8077764
Absolute madman
>>
File: 1460144595980.jpg (16 KB, 185x254) Image search: [Google]
1460144595980.jpg
16 KB, 185x254
>>8077764
>>
>>8077769

Situationism = making everyone revulse with cringe by sperging out and fucking shit up, got it.
>>
>>8079691
Someone's spooked by the spectacle
>>
>>8077764
Source?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.