[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
okay real talk, how do you guys feel about people trying to make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot 2015-12-24 03.30.56.png (311 KB, 560x417) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2015-12-24 03.30.56.png
311 KB, 560x417
okay real talk, how do you guys feel about people trying to make kink an lgbt issue?

pic v related
>>
>>6351717
It's bullshit. There's enough people trying to add on to the acronym without every straight person who ever experimented with kink considering themselves queer.
>>
it makes me want to murder everyone who's into kink
>>
anything besides straight and lgbt is BS (yes, asexuals too)
>>
>>6351732
thank you!

asking because my city has a queer housing group, and some woman posted saying she was several letters of a bastardized lgbt alphabet soup including the letter 'k', which then prompted everyone else to inquire what the hell 'k' stood for. when several people proceeded to point out to her that being kinky wasn't a sexual orientation/gender identity she tried to argue that it was and even that the "discrimination" faced by kinksters (who choose to disclose unnecessary information about their sex life to people who don't need or want this information) was comparable to what legit lgbt identifying people face.
>>
>>6351779
It's literally always annoying, borderling autistic straight or very mildly bi kinksters doing this shit and I know very few seriously lgbt people who buy this shit.
>>
lgbtabdl
>>
>>6351717
Kink is not an lgbtqia issue, its a human issue
>>
>>6352073
kink is not something that needs to be discussed with anyone except for their current or potential partners, ergo not an issue. if you want to claim that u were bullied for being kinky first you have to have disclosed that to other people, which is unnecessary and oft inappropriate

also kink is still controversial for good reason
>>
>>6351717
GSM

Problem solved. Why isn't this a thing yet

>inb4 pedos

just because they're a sexual minority doesn't mean they are actually included in that group. I'm sure next to no one would want them in there.
>>
>>6352146
right but that argument could be made for plenty of other "sexual minorities" other than just pedophiles

orientation and gender are not explicitly sexual, there is no reason why kink (or any other kind of preferred sex act) should fall into this category. the two are not related. a straight cis person with a kink is not queer nor do they deal with any level of oppression that a queer person does, and putting all these things into the same category regardless of what you call that category greatly diminishes the lgbt experience
>>
>>6352272
>orientation and gender are not explicitly sexual
Orientation is explicitly sexual.

>gender and sexual minorities
It does cover everything, unfortunately that does include pedos.
>>
>>6352292
so no response to the major point i was making??

and no, orientation is not explicitly sexual because there is much more to a relationship than just sex, not everyone has sex, etc
>>
LGBT is not inherently sexual and kink pretty much is. Acting like the two are related in any meaningful way is stupid as fuck, sorry.

This is coming from someone who is both LGBT and kinky, btw.
>>
>>6352349
Well I'm not the same anon you were talking to before, but the 'major point' of yours seemed to be that cis-hetero people could never possibly understand the struggle that is being queer, which I would say is dumb. The idea that being associated with cis-hetero people someow 'diminishes the lgbt experience' is also really stupid, and I can't even begin to fathom how you seriously tell me that one's sexual orientation is not explicitly sexual. I think you're either trolling or you're just a moron.
>>
>>6352400
>dumb
>stupid
great counter arguments there
>>
I may be naive, but I just recently moved to the gay neighborhood and was wondering, do you mean like the leather store with the funky outfits in the window when you say kink?
>>
>>6352593
kink refers to abusive relationships when the involved parties are all consenting because they're in denial about it being more than their "fetish"
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.