[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>dysphoric non-binary fag >the people who accept me are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4
File: 1451323958683.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
1451323958683.png
93 KB, 500x422
>dysphoric non-binary fag
>the people who accept me are the people I don't want anything to do with: the neoliberals and tumblrinas.
>the people who don't accept me are the ones I mostly agree with socially/politically: the anti-SJWs, "egalitarians" and conservatives
>needless to say, I'm lonely as fuck.

I wish I was born cis tbqh.
>>
>>6336593

maab or faab?
>>
>>6336593
same here fucking honestly. i just tell people i'm cis and don't bother to try looking andro
>>
>>6336604
assigned fucking doomed at birth
>>
>>6336593
That's because you have a shitty worldview.

You can't have your cake and eat it.
>>
>>6336616
intersex?
>>
>>6336616

I'm guessing male then. Sometimes maab non-binaries are pretty cute. Pics?
>>
>>6336626
I'm gonna get called a special snowflake if I come out/try to live full time as non binary, even if I try to explain that I'm a truscum who hates tumblr brats.

I can't win.
>>
>>6336642
one sec
>>
File: WP_20151206_12_00_40_Pro.jpg (307 KB, 916x1632) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151206_12_00_40_Pro.jpg
307 KB, 916x1632
>>6336642
old pic of me, my hair is much shorter now
>>
>>6336664
kinna cute

you should drop the rightwing bullshit tho

do you even have collarbones???
>>
>>6336727
I'm chubby so not really
>>
I'm full blown schizo and can't exist comfortably as male or female. I dunno if those are related, but I really feel like they are. Right now I'm pretty andro but it's not gonna last. Shit sucks man.
>>
>>6336747
I have PNoS (psychosis not otherwise specified). That could be related but I have no idea either.
>>
>>6336593
Sort of in same situation, except conservatives are selfish idiot babies I want nothing to do with.

But it's hard finding housing if your trans so I room with activists and anarchists. Some are kneejerk dumbshits who grate on my nerves and aren't even nice or interesting.

I'd like to just live by myself and meet people with common interests. All power to people who do activism, but I'm no good at it.
>>
>>6336770
I'm bipolar and during my last episode I kept telling everyone I was genderfluid. I'm actually really masculine and comfortable with it kek
>>
i'm BPD and have some kind of undiagnosed psychotic symptoms and i keep changing my mind on what my gender is. i always feel so sure but then the next week i think i was stupid to think that.
>>
>>6336593
>the people who don't accept me are the ones I mostly agree with socially/politically

If you actually agreed with them you'd understand why they don't accept you.
>>
>that feel when you're a eunuch
>don't identify with other guys at all
>don't identify with girls at all
>that feel when you identify as non-binary
>that feel when you never tell anyone this because nobody ever would respect your identity thanks to snowflakes and transtrenders making the label into a joke
>that feel when you just go by male pronouns anyway
I refuse to respect anyone who calls themselves non-binary without actually being physically non-binary, or making themselves be as such. They've ruined the label.
>>
>>6336626
>>6336727
it's you who have the shitty worldview
>>
>>6337480
You have BPD, OP
>>
>>6336593
Your slight gender variance is not dysphoric. Granted you probably feel upset and misrepresented by tumblrinas but youre not dysphoric. You're cis. You're a cis person who doesn't like being constrained by gender norms and it upsets you.

>>6336645
Thats because you dont have to "come out" nothing about your preferences in expressing yourself is notable. Gay/lesbian = date same sex while most people date opposite, Trans = pursue becoming the opposite sex, bisexuals = a mystery. You arent lgbt youre a normal person that doesnt want to be held to strict gender norms.
>>
>>6337502
>An intense fear of abandonment, even going to extreme measures to avoid real or imagined separation or rejection
no
>A pattern of unstable intense relationships, such as idealizing someone one moment and then suddenly believing the person doesn't care enough or is cruel
no
>Rapid changes in self-identity and self-image that include shifting goals and values, and seeing yourself as bad or as if you don't exist at all
no
>Periods of stress-related paranoia and loss of contact with reality, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours
no
>Impulsive and risky behavior, such as gambling, reckless driving, unsafe sex, spending sprees, binge eating or drug abuse, or sabotaging success by suddenly quitting a good job or ending a positive relationship
no
>Suicidal threats or behavior or self-injury, often in response to fear of separation or rejection
no
>Wide mood swings lasting from a few hours to a few days, which can include intense happiness, irritability, shame or anxiety
no
>Ongoing feelings of emptiness
of course, who doesn't?
>Inappropriate, intense anger, such as frequently losing your temper, being sarcastic or bitter, or having physical fights
no
>>
File: BiAPQSqh.jpg (254 KB, 728x1024) Image search: [Google]
BiAPQSqh.jpg
254 KB, 728x1024
The epitome of this meme
>>
>>6336645
What would 'living full time as non binary' mean for you? What would coming out and being respected look like?

I'm genuinely curious. I have been presenting as androgynous/neutral (for the most part) since I was allowed to choose my own clothes. I find it interesting to see if people I meet think they are talking to a male or a female (I don't give a fuck about pronouns). This has been reasonably easy for me as I am AFAB and thin but just recently the internet exploded with this gender stuff and I began wondering if I was trans or non-binary or whatever the fuck. After nearly a year of soul searching (I think deeply and for a long time about most things) I came to pretty much this conclusion:

>>6337520

It's weird watching so many people (I don't mean you) on the internet stress about their gender when I have been dealing with what happens (other people's reactions) when you are 'visibly queer' since I was very young (I am 30 now).

Anyway, I found an article about cis-gender variance that illuminated a bunch of things for me about the spectrum of gender presentation. I will go and see if I can find it
>>
>>6339805
Here:

http://zagria.blogspot.com.au/2011/10/prolegomenon-to-typology-of-cis-gender.html#.V1cBQk5n5SD

But this was the most interesting bit for me:

Here are some of the variants within the cis spectrum:

- persons who are quite comfortable with the gender of their body and, what is another way of saying the same thing, are not at all uncomfortable with the idea of or in the presence of transsexuals, genderqueer, drag performers, transvestites, etc.

- persons who do not want to change their gender, but are nevertheless estranged from their current gender. While there have always been such persons, post-structuralist theory has offered new ways to articulate it.

- intersex persons who stay with the gender of rearing. Intersex is, of course, an umbrella term covering much variation of its own.

- autogynophilics/autoandrophilics. For many this is a phase typically starting with puberty where they are erotically excited at being the sex/gender that they are. For some this excitement continues into maturity.

- crossdreamers who have accepted their inner cross gender persona, are comfortable with trans persons, but have not or not yet decided to do anything about it.

- a variant on crossdreaming is literary androgyny where a writer is able to pass, not in person but through his/her manuscripts as the other gender. Examples would be Fiona Macleod, George Elliot, James Tiptree, Jr, Patricia Highsmith, and the female writers of contemporary gay romances.

- persons who are uncomfortable with the idea and/or the presence of various types of trans persons. On the model of the research that has established that male homophobes are erotically aroused by male imagery, we may speculate that persons in this type are crossdreamers in denial.

(Cont...)
>>
>>6339854
- persons who seek out homosocial environments, be it the military, a convent, a feminist group, a male-only pool-hall as a validation of their biological gender.

- hom(e)ovestites, who dress in a standard or exaggerated way associated with their own gender, even when it is not appropriate. Examples are men who always wear suits, even when their friends are casually dressed; women who wear skirts and makeup when they are impractical.

- butch men and women. For men this is an extreme homeovestity. Butch women are taken by some to be a type of trans, but many butch women object that they are not.

- There should be an extreme femme homeovestity, but apart from femme lesbians it does not seem to exist, probably because it is indistinguishable from the way that prostitutes dress – which is required for employment.

-the bear culture that has developed over the last few decades, that appreciates the normal appearance of middle-aged and often overweight men. This is still mainly a gay culture, but straight bears are becoming more common.

-same-sex hormonally enhanced cis-persons. Most women in the developed countries spend some years taking contraceptive pills which of course are estrogens. Until a health scare a few years ago, many women went on hormone-replacement therapy after menopause. Estrogens again. Some men into bodybuilding or athletic attainment like to take testosterone for greater achievement, but this is generally illegal.

- cross-sex hormonally enhanced cis-persons. Many men are put on estrogens to diminish prostate problems. Women athletes sometimes take testosterone for the same reasons that men do.

- surgical enhancements 1: plastic surgery. Traditionally associated with women, this is becoming more common with men.

- surgical enhancements 2: in vitro fertilization

- surgical enhancements 3: body modification.

- surgical enhancements 4: Transhumanism.
>>
>>6336593
>non-binary
stop being a special snowflake memester and maybe you will be accepted
>>
>>6336925
I have BPD and about the only thing I don't change my mind on is my gender. That said I do go back and forth constantly between repressing it and okay with myself and being accepting.
>>
>>6337753
hadn't noticed that flush on the /pol/ one, good one haha
>>
>>6339805
Not that anon, but AFAB, dysphoric non-binary here.

Being full-time for me would mean a name change (I ask everyone to use my unisex middle name, my first is decidedly feminine and I hate it) and possibly top surgery. A binder is coming in the mail right now, actually. I got by pretty well without it but seeing my chest has been bothering me more and more, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I'm pretty masculine already, tbqh, to the point that I wonder if I have an intersex hormone condition. I've consistently worked on my voice and posture since I was a preteen, and I'm at the point now that I can go between my manly chest voice and my feminine falsetto.
>>
>>6339805
>>6339854

Holy shit anon, you'd be my idol now if I took to idolizing people.

>(I don't give a fuck about pronouns)
You rock.

>persons who do not want to change their gender, but are nevertheless estranged from their current gender. While there have always been such persons, post-structuralist theory has offered new ways to articulate it.

Do you have any more leads about this? Because that's pretty much how I feel.

>the word "crossdreamer"
This word makes me cringe to no end. It's just syrupy as fuck. It rings "indigo children"-tier in its new-agey faggotry to my eyes.

I'm pretty much one of them, and I take no insult with the term, I just find it in incredible bad taste.
>>
>>6339948
holy shit yeah XDDD
>>
>>6336593
maybe instead of being "egalitarian" and conservative, you should come to a middle path?

Honestly if you move to a more tolerant place you can just hang out with straight people and be fine.
>>
>>6339854

>>- persons who do not want to change their gender, but are nevertheless estranged from their current gender. While there have always been such persons, post-structuralist theory has offered new ways to articulate it.

Wow, this is literally me

I've always felt better about myself the more feminine I looked. I remember being 9, and almost crying when looking in the mirror after my mom cut my longish hair into a crewcut. I still have a pretty girly body, but after puberty, I just basically cringe every time I look into a mirror (wide shoulders, beard shadow etc.) I know I'm not trans though, since I have no problems with being socially male (or having a penis). I've thought about HRT, but don't think there's a way to get it here unless you're actually trans.
>>
>>6339972
I had the same reaction to that word! I hadn't heard it before and I am glad it is not widely used.
I try to replace it in my head with something like
'cross-fantisiser' (that still sounds pretty shit, tho)

I think ideally people should be allowed to use whatever words they want to describe their own internal sense of who they are... but nobody can stop someone else from feeling revulsion at those words. I assume plenty of people feel the same way when they hear the term 'non-binary' that I feel when I hear 'demigirl' or whatever.
>>
>>6340104
You could self med like the femboys do; visit /femgen/, they have some decent resources about how to go about that, see if it's something you're interested in or not.
>>
>>6340104
>>6340246

Maybe drop by /agpg/ if you haven't already? :"3
>>
>>6340293

>>6340104
here, thought about it but I don't get sexual pleasure from crossdressing (tried it a couple of times) or imagining myself being or becoming a girl, it's just a body thing I think
>>
>>6339971
I wear a binder too. I found GC2B to be the most comfortable/useful. What brand did you get?

My name is very feminine and I try not to think about it too much. I go by a shortened version of it.

I thought very seriously about top surgery but:
I can't afford it
I am scared of the length of the recovery time because I have Chronic fatigue
I don't want to end up having a fight with my mother if she finds out
I have such a small chest that I don't need a binder when I wear layered clothes in winter (although it makes a good windbreaker when I am on my electric bike!)
>>
>>6340293
I have. It was a very interesting read. I am AFAB, though.
>>
>>6339972
Thanks!
That was pretty much the most articulate thing I found that talked about feeling estranged from your gender without wanting to change it. It's part of a pretty big database of historical (and contemporary) cases of gender non-conforming people.

Other stuff I found that seemed eloquent at the beginning was either:
- only about being intersex (still pretty interesting, just not my experience)
- turned out to be a platform for hateful speech against trans people
- descended into crazy-side-of-tumblr type stuff

I might have one more look through my bookmarks incase there was anything good I forgot about.
>>
>>6340324
Underworks' Ultimate Compression Tank, iirc. It's my first, so I'm not really sure what to expect. Tips?

Surgery is a long way off for me if I get it. I'd want to finance it myself, but I'm still a basement dweller. I need to learn more about my chest dysphoria before I make that decision anyway. Right now it's relatively easy to ignore.

For me, the voice dysphoria is the worst. I'd like to have a deep bass, but I'm not there yet.
>>
protip: liberals are the master race. Join the winning side.
>>
Has anyone read Stone Butch Blues by Leslie Feinburg?
I found it fascinating. Gives you a real reminder about how far we've come in relation to civil rights for LGBT folks.
I am so thankful I wasn't born in a time/place where cops routinely raided bars to arrest/bash/rape/humiliate obviously homo/queer people.
It kinda gives the impression that one of the biggest reasons certain people turned to hormones was to pass for safety reasons (getting too traumatised by the daily threat of violence, needing to get a job and make a living but everyone hating dykes/fags). I know that many trans people want to pass for safety reasons now too, but it is one of the only books I've read that discusses non-conforming gender experience so honestly. It's fiction but heavily based on the author's experience growing up.
>>
>>6340517
Well, you have already ordered it, but I was going to say: with sizing, I was at the upper end of small and when that happens, you're supposed to get the medium but I actually got a large because I don't like feeling like I am wearing a corset. Anyway, it's amazing and I wouldn't want it any smaller. I can't believe how flat it gets me whilst still allowing me to breathe properly and not feel restricted.

To be honest I never tried underworks, just cheap (possibly unsafe) ones before I got the gc2b. I'm sure yours will fit great and I hope it makes you feel awesome.
>>
>>6340317
/agpg/ faggot here

I'm not into crossdressing either, and the fantasies only started to be sexual once a significant other prompted me into it.

I don't buy the tale that agp is purely a sexual fetish. I feel pretty much the same as >>6340104

>>6340339
There's some anon out there that's going to make an unified AGP/AAP general once the current thread dies. In any case the atmosphere seems very welcoming, regardless of gender, sexual preference, or any other shit.

>>6340246
Yeah, agreeing.

>>6340423
No, thanks to you, that kind of thing is what I've been thinking about lately. I'm currently looking at stuff and links from that page.
>>
>>6336626
Why are liberals so based?
>>
>>6340660
Okay, thanks.Yeah, it seemed to be a surprisingly civil conversation for a 4chan thread. I will keep an eye out for the unified one.
>>
File: Androgynous2.jpg (61 KB, 666x472) Image search: [Google]
Androgynous2.jpg
61 KB, 666x472
>>
>>6340841

I'm all for it.

I don't think you can properly understand one aspect of the question without the other. Or even without people that go autoerotic about their ostensible gender.

Separating boys that think about being girls from girls that think about being boys just seems artificial to me. Separating that from girls that get off to being girls and boys that get off to being boys seems only slightly less artificial.

>it seemed to be a surprisingly civil conversation for a 4chan thread.

Yeah, didn't it? :3
>>
>>6336846
I once told a few people I'm FtM on an episode a few years ago and apparently the word somehow got out and morphed into me having a dick

>>6337471
Eh I draw the line at wanting to be one, just how you generally accept transsexuals before transition unless they give you red flags, it's not like you can just walk into a store and buy yourself an intersex body

>that feel when you never tell anyone this because nobody ever would respect your identity thanks to snowflakes and transtrenders making the label into a joke
They would see it as a joke anyway, or some kinda ultrafaggotry
>>
>>6340611
Thanks. I'm in the mid range for small. Maybe I'll have to buy another, but that's ultimately alright.

What do you guys do with bathrooms? I use the one of my assigned sex, but I get looks and remarks so I generally avoid them.
>>
>>6339972
>>the word "crossdreamer"
>This word makes me cringe to no end. It's just syrupy as fuck. It rings "indigo children"-tier in its new-agey faggotry to my eyes.
i agree
god i fucking hate that term so much
>>
>>6340951
>They would see it as a joke anyway, or some kinda ultrafaggotry
Oh, I didn't mean normal people. Even just other faggots being okay with the identity would be nice.
>>
>>6342454
Yes, it's a horrible word D:

I'm reading shit under that term right now and so far it's 50/50 insightfully educational/disgustingly cringeworthy

might as well learn all I can from them, even if I don't like the style.

It's not like I'm unused to not finding myself reflected more than 50% in any gender narrative/explanation (o:
>>
>>6341557
I use the one for my assigned sex too (female).
If someone is eyeing me suspiciously, I smile sweetly and say 'good afternoon' or something in my most friendly, feminine voice. I only remember being actually questioned twice. It helps that I am quite short.
>>
>>6336664
You're ok looking but would look cuter if you shaved. Just being real
>>
>>6339854
>>6339860
What about cis people that feel dysphoric about not living up to the standards their birth gender should have.
I hate everything about my body, seeing someone in a porn with a larger penis or a perfect asshole sends me into depressive and anxious fits. But I don't want to be the opposite gender I want to be my birth gender but I was dealt shit cards.
>>
>>6343831
Yeah, there needs to be more stuff about this. Radfems talk about it but everyone dismisses them because they are radfems and are usually using it to invalidate trans people.
>>
>>6343618
I'm not in your binders/bathroom predicament but being all-around disarming is one of the best strategies short people can stick to.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.