[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it lgbt and not glbt? Better yet, why isn't it hbt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1458196346157.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1458196346157.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
Why is it lgbt and not glbt? Better yet, why isn't it hbt or something, with h being for homosexual?
>>
>>5927671
it should be just GT tbhonest
because "gays" refer to both lesbeans and homosexual males and bisexuals don't exist hence GT
>>
>>5927671
I know there was a push at some point to rebrand everything as GSM -gender & sexual minorities- but idk what happened to that.
>>
>>5927701
That was never a thing. Pedophiles keep trying to make it a thing, which is why it's never going to be a thing.
>>
>>5927671
Because LGBT roles off the tongue better than GLBT.
>>
>>5927671
Cause LG sounds like algae, aka: pond scum.
Us LGBT people are scum, obviously.
>>
Towards the start of the movement, after stonewall the people organizing it were divided up into different camps with the lesbians being the most vocal and outspoken. Everyone else probably let them put the L at the front just as a concession to shut them up, while the trans people were lucky just to be included in the room.
>>
File: eoV2yEE_0.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
eoV2yEE_0.jpg
247 KB, 1000x1500
>>5927685
>bisexuals don't exist
Triggered
>>
>>5928147
I thought it was something like that. Fuckin' a, man
>>
>>5927671
It lists out most allowed to least
L > G > B > T
>>
File: George Takei.jpg (11 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
George Takei.jpg
11 KB, 180x180
>>5927671
Homosexual is so 1969, like homophile, the word goes out of style.

LIGBAT (Lesbian, Intersex, Gay, Bisexual, Asexual and Transgender) is pronouncable.

Then the Q word reclaimed by the younger crowd, which used to be OUR word before it became a hateful slur, WE'RE HERE, WE'RE QUEER, UNIQUE AND DIFFERENT, YEAH!
>>
File: Smiley.png (278 KB, 406x385) Image search: [Google]
Smiley.png
278 KB, 406x385
>>5929049
Reminds me of a sandwich in a trendy cafe like in downtown Palm Springs or Greenwich Village.

L=lettuce
G=gouda cheese (makes sense)
B=bacon
T=tomato

Now I'm hungry, but not turned gay. xD

P.S. DON'T SAY NO HOMO OR ELSE.
>>
>>5929357
>G=gouda cheese (makes sense)
They probably just put AIDS jizz in it
>>
>>5928832
me on the left
>>
>>5927701
The last acronym I remember was "GSD" for "gender and sexual diversities".
>>
>>5928832
Holy shit I want to take a lint roller to that girl's coat so bad.
>>
I have seen GLBT and LGBT but when it comes to talking and not written people dont like GLBT because it sounds worse than LGBT.
So it became the more popular version, people will even still order it gay lesbian bi transgender too when talking
>>
>>5928832
Well, they don't
>>
>>5927671
>Better yet, why isn't it hbt or something, with h being for homosexual
Apparently (according to a bunch of homosexuals I know of), homosexual is a derogatory and insulting term...
... because the neutral compound word, meaning "attraction to the same sex" is more offensive than the word "gay"; a slur thrown around by 12-year-olds and manchildren...
I'm personally partial to HBT, but the tumblrina majority hate the "h".
>>
BLT-G is the only other good order aside from LGBT.
>>
>>5927671
In Swedish it is HBT. Likely due to the word 'gay' being 'bög' and causing a LGBT acronym to be LBBT.
>>
>>5927685
a movement for girltinklers everywhere

i can get behind this
>>
>>5927671
Gynocentrism
>>
>>5927685

Lesbians aren't gay, just like how Canadians aren't American. If you are using words in a logical way then you don't belong in any popular movement.
>>
>>5927671
Better yet, why is it anything in the first place? Fundamentally speaking, aside from muh pride.

This board should be called Human or something, like /hum/. People are so much more than a sexuality or gender identity.
>>
>>5940468
This is a containment board like 50% of all the boards on this site.
>>
File: fuck you dad.gif (2 MB, 299x200) Image search: [Google]
fuck you dad.gif
2 MB, 299x200
>it will never be BHTQ (bi-homo-trans sexual, questioning)
this triggers my autism
>>
>>5945984
are you serious? i get beat weekly for being asexual. the worst part is it's by a group of trannies.
>>
File: 1441818650417.png (182 KB, 481x511) Image search: [Google]
1441818650417.png
182 KB, 481x511
>>5927671
>hbt

This isn't bad, and I agree that there could be a better acronym for us. The more we research that is done on gender and sexuality the more we are discovering that both of these exist on a naturally occurring spectrum and can be fluid.

The way we currently pigeonhole it as LGBT while adding more letters is kind of a dumb and an outdated way of thinking about gender and sexuality.

>>5928147
GSM would have been perfect if the pedos didn't fuck it all up. Plus GSM also paves the way to encompass dog and corpse fuckers and the like, which doesn't exactly help us either.

I am having a hard time thinking of a better acronym though. It would need to entail sexuality and gender being on a spectrum, while at the same time limiting the title to only consenting adults (for sexuality).
>>
>>5927671
'LGB' is more pleasing to say than 'GLB'. Easier on the mouth and the ears.
>>
>>5946064
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
you forgot to say come on, it's current year!
>>
>>5946081
>if the pedos didn't fuck it all up
What's with the pedo hate?
>>
>>5936733
Then what are people that get dicked and dick girls?
>>
>>5927671
>with h being for homosexual?
Because a significant amount of straight people, if not the majority, think that homosexual means "attracted to men", hence gay men are homosexual, and straight women aren't for some strange arbitrary reason that only the mind of a straight man can grasp.
>>
>>5951362
Confused straight or gay person
>>
>>5952427
Bad troll
>>
>>5952558
What do you mean?
>>
>>5937097
Why G last?
>>
Lesbians think they're better than everyone else so they wouldn't dare associate so closely with gay men. Men are the source of all wrong, evil and fault in the world obviously and women need to accept and embrace their superiority, defeating the patriarchy and therefore ushering in world peace.

I thought everyone knew that.
>>
>masculinity so fragile you get butthurt over a name like 'lgbt' instead of 'glbt' or 'feminism' instead of 'egalitarianism'

oh anon
>>
>>5956660
>Making things about other things to push your bizarrely insecure agenda

Lol OK.
>>
>>5956682

The agenda has already been pushed. You're the baby trying to push it back.
>>
>>5927671
>Why is it lgbt and not glbt?
Because it is based on rank.
1. Lesbians
2. Gay men
3. Bisexuals
4. Transexuals
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.