[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1425436270001.png (641 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
1425436270001.png
641 KB, 600x726
>unironically being gay and 'Christian'

This is actually very pathetic, a sure sign of deeply ingrained self-loathing and want of acceptance. I would say that - assuming that Christianity's claims were real (they are not) -, being a homosexual and a Christian would be violating one's own dignity. Why would one defend a religion/institution that explicitly states your orientation is 'flawed' and 'wrong'? At worst, the evangelicals would like to kill you and be able to exclude you from public life and reduce you to third-class citizens: at best, (some) Catholics say your only choice is to stay lonely (i.e. miserable) for the rest of your life and avoid your 'sinful/deviant' desires while all your peers get the A-OK! for having companions and finding love.

I can understand, because I used to be gay and supposedly Christian. Then I realized how ridiculous this was. And besides, Christianity's claims (and those of every other religion) aren't real.

I hope you don't live life hating yourself or choosing to defend someone who teaches you are disgusting, all because of some nonsensical ancient writings.
>>
I hope you will find God one day, for now you have chosen blindness and death.
>>
File: no_offense.jpg (17 KB, 179x208) Image search: [Google]
no_offense.jpg
17 KB, 179x208
>>5914512
You won't find him either, I'm afraid. See, he's not real, and neither are any of the miraculous claims in the Bible.

But I hope one day you can realize this, because it's rather sad to see grown men still structuring their lives around mythical narratives.
>>
>>5914508
>>5914519
Curious why you care? That amount of gays who do believe in God is miniscule. So if you are doing this to get to them the effort doesn't seem worth it. Though if you are doing this in attempt to show us "the light" you're a tad late sherlock.

2/10 I replied with details.
>>
>>5914559
>That amount of gays who do believe in God is miniscule

Actually, the amount of gays who are 'religious' is quite significant. Perhaps not the majority, but not 'miniscule', either.
>>
>>5914508
Rejecting God's grace won't give you the "dignity" that you imagine you want. In fact, it only leads to one place in the end.

My pastor once told me that sodomy is no worse a sin than drinking, smoking, and cursing, and that he does all three of those. No human is without sin; what's important is acknowledging this and accepting Christ's sacrifice on our behalf. The Bible explicitly states that homosexuals are as capable of inheriting the Kingdom of God as any other person. My church is aware of my preference and no one there has ever said a negative word to me or attempted to exclude me in any way. Your perception of Christianity and Christians is completely skewed.

>>5914559
>amount of gays who do believe in God is miniscule

This is so untrue.
>>
>>5914508
Careful with that edge boy
>>
>>5914634

>god's grace
>believes a narcissistic, megalomaniacal, violent sky parent with a penchant for condemning everyone who doesn't recognize his holiness to eternal punishment in spite of being omniscient and presumably able to foresee who might need more proof than a handful of old texts written by uneducated desert nomads and reworked throughout history by tyrants who wanted to keep people uneducated and malleable to their will, has any grace or even exists

aside from pretending op's views of christianity and christians are skewed based on the example of your church and your pastor and ignoring all the evidence that paints a very different picture, you believe in something that's clearly just not true
>>
>>5914512
Better blindness and death than eternal servitude under a psychotic all powerful tyrant.

Litterally no one can argue that an all powerful god could not simply save us anyway, given he stacked the deck so much in favor of being fucked by circumstances like "oops you where born when you couldnt have heard about christianity at all, have fun dying for not guessing that we exist and you need to worship me"
>>
File: tips fedora.png (69 KB, 915x711) Image search: [Google]
tips fedora.png
69 KB, 915x711
>>5914736
>>
>>5914752

>using a meme comeback instead of anything resembling intelligence

how christian of you
>>
>>5914752
Typical Christcuck, answers with the hat meme to any legitimate criticism of his myths and legends.
>>
For the Christfags:

www.kyroot.com

Most of them are valid points.
>>
File: 1427097373134.jpg (92 KB, 829x589) Image search: [Google]
1427097373134.jpg
92 KB, 829x589
>>5914761
>>5914896
>anything resembling intelligence
>legitimate criticism
>"You're wrong."
>>
>>5914940
>No evidence

Christcucks are like pyramid-scheme salesmen - "I don't got proof, but you got to BELIEVE!". What idiot believes in that convoluted shit anyways?
>>
>>5914966
The "idiots" who discovered gravity, developed calculus, formulated the Big Bang theory, mapped the genome, and started the whole scientific revolution in the first place.
>>
File: salvation.jpg (80 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
salvation.jpg
80 KB, 960x720
>>5914512
>>5914634
>what's important is acknowledging this and accepting Christ's sacrifice on our behalf.

This probably isn't the Christian intention, but pic related is what my mind jumps to whenever someone proselytizes at me about how I need to accept their deity's favorite blood sacrifice.
The more I hear about Jesus the more he seems like a very powerful dangerous stalker. He's: always watching me, he loves me more than anyone, he'd die for me, he's already planned my death, he hates my sex life, if I don't accept him then really bad stuff will happen to me, and he never gives me any valid evidence he is watching me or even exists beyond what he sends me through his fans and cryptic notes.
>>
>>5914966
>reading the bible like a biology text book

You're not as smart as you think you are.
>>
I love boys and I love God. What's wrong about that?
>>
>>5914940

i said a bit more than that, but do you want to know why it's wrong...

>>5915006

all of those people existed in times that were very different than ours is right now... sure their ideas and the things they discovered are a valuable part of our collective knowledge as a species and all that other shit

but brilliant in one way doesn't equate with being brilliant in every way + we know more now than they did then in spite of their discoveries being relevant still...

so... really in this day and age given our current knowledge of history and science believing that as truth is ridiculous... even if you want to factor in a more spiritual and philosophical approach towards life christianity still falls short...

the bible itself is often used to prove itself, the entirety of the belief system is rooted in circular logic... and it's such a convoluted mess that even any grains of truth or significance that could be found in it wouldn't imply that it's entirely right...

and people believing in something they were raised with as truth isn't particularly surprising... no doubt some brilliant minds have been doused in mindless bullshit that they can't shake... an intelligent person can think stupid things, that's just part of being human...
>>
>>5914634
>The Bible explicitly states that homosexuals are as capable of inheriting the Kingdom of God as any other person.
"Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

But yeah sure believe in the fairy tale of an accepting church.
>>
>>5915031
To me, a fedora sounds like a twelve year old who has a vague understanding of empiricism and thinks this means he can explain to adults how the world works.
>>
>>5915131
[citation needed]
>>
Paul very clearly condemns homosexual sex, he even condemns bottoms (malakoi) and tops (arsenokoitai) separately,
>>
>>5915258
Alright so why do you believe in Jesus?
>>
>>5915277
Literally the bible
1 Corinthians 6:9-11
>>
>>5915370

>best post ever
>>
>>5914508
>the evangelicals would like to kill you a
>Thou shall not kill

>Catholics say your only choice is to stay lonely (i.e. miserable) for the rest of your life and avoid your 'sinful/deviant' desires while all your peers get the A-OK! for having companions and finding love.
Straight love can also be degeneracy if it's lustful, promiscuous, out of wedlock along with masterbation. which is seen as miserable by straight people also.

>I hope you don't live life hating yourself or choosing to defend someone who teaches you are disgusting, all because of some nonsensical ancient writings.

christianity teaches against sexual immortality, but it's also strict against all sinners, people are easily compromised by repetitive messages to their subconscious which the consious mind interprets as it's own thought.

God teaches purity from dangerously emty sinful habits in all orientations.
>>
>>5914966
The bible has predictions that have come true. pyramid sceme christianity wouldn't be voluntary.
>>
>>5915370
rekt
>>
>>5915370
The "men who practice homosexuality" (translated as "abusers of themselves with mankind" in the KJV) is an interpretation of the Greek term "arsenokoitai" which literally means "man (who has) many beds". It would appear to refer to those who are sexually promiscuous in general rather than homosexual activity in particular. The Greeks had more words for homosex than probably any other language in history, yet none of them are found in the Bible. You'd think a text that is supposedly so anti-gay would use less obscure and ambiguous terms when condemning homosexuality.
>>
>>5916996
I'm with you. I just thought I would point out that arsenokoitai is the term used in the Septuagint to translate one of the other clobber passages -- "man shall not lie with a man" blah blah blah.

But interestingly, though, aresenokoitai is used in other (Christian!) Greek to refer to incest, sexual abuse, and even financial exploitation in the Didache.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.