[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I made a Grindr less than an hour ago, at 5AM on a weekday, with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9
File: 4e2f1a29798f3.png (288 KB, 357x432) Image search: [Google]
4e2f1a29798f3.png
288 KB, 357x432
I made a Grindr less than an hour ago, at 5AM on a weekday, with no profile, no picture, not even a display name, and I've already been propositioned for sex by two guys. The fuck's up with you people?
>>
>>5886808
Simple: guys, in general, are horndogs. Being gay just means you can get it from other horndog guys instead of going through all that bullshit wooing a chick.
>>
File: 1457594221313.jpg (74 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1457594221313.jpg
74 KB, 480x640
>>5886817
if only women were bros
wait a minute...
>>
>>5886830
>no traps in my area

;_;
>>
OP here.

Can you only have one pic on grindr?
>>
>>5886817
As a bi scum I can confirm this. Women r awful.
>>
OP here again. What do I say when messaging a boy?

pls no "want sum fuk" shit jokes.
>>
>>5886911
>911

try asking for sex without being terroristic
>>
>>5886808
>downloads hookup app
>wtf why does people want to hookup?!
>>
>>5886911
>Wanna go out for a drink?
>Sure.
>Want to see what the night brings?
>Yes?

If you connect:

>Second date

If you don't:

>You shared a drink with a dude, go home, fap, sleep.

Repeat until desired outcome.
>>
>>5886830
Where to cop that fit?
>>
>>5887022
why complicate things its not like we're women? just ask if he's a top or bottom and if he can host.
>>
>>5887022
Lolwat it's grindr man, you're not dating these people, probably like half of them are cheating on someone anyway lol
Just do as >>5887873 said
>>
>>5887010
They don't know what I look like, how old I am, what I want or am looking for and they want to suck my dick...
>>
>>5889076
people always ask for pics at some point. Some do it right away, others do it later.
>>
>>5886808
Uggos are desperate for any dick they can get. Nobody but diseases ridden freaks go after blank profiles, let alone use a hookup app.
>>
>>5886808
>no profile pic
>2 messages
Looks about right. If you had a pic, you would get at least 5 times that.

>>5886817
Us guys really are horndogs. Case in point, go on craigslist for your local area, and read the personals in the women seeking men ssection. Most women their are looking for actual dates, but if you read the personals in men seeking men, they all want to fuck, which makes it indistinguishable from the casual encounters m4m section.
>>
>>5886808
i got laid 2 hrs after installing grindr
>>
>>5886850
So many this.
>there so mean to me :;( since forever
>>
>>5887873
Am I the only gay guy who doesn't think with his dick? And I do have a huge sex drive but I'm not THAT interested in sex in itself.
>>
>>5890416
Well it's grindr, it's not the kind of place you go if you're looking for a potential husband. Grindr is more for when you want to do a bunch of drugs and fuck some dudes.
>>
Probably spam bots
>>
>>5886808

i had to delete those apps. couldnt turn on my phone without getting a blowjob
>>
>>5890416
Grindr is not an accurate representation of the average fag, ya dingus. A lot of guys, including you and me, just aren't like that.
>>
File: 1449309908452.jpg (93 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449309908452.jpg
93 KB, 500x500
>>5890421
>>5890676
I'm not OP tho, and the poster I replied to seems to be only interested in sex.

Still if not on grindr, gay bars (because they are basically a stone age version of grindr), lgbt support groups (tumblr central), then WHERE? Dating sites?
>>
>>5890906
Dating sites are a pretty good option usually.
>>
File: would you hit a frank.jpg (421 KB, 1159x1877) Image search: [Google]
would you hit a frank.jpg
421 KB, 1159x1877
>>5890910
I've NEVER heard or read any story about someone successfully finding the right or even a good partner in a dating site.
>>
>>5890926
For gays it's literally the only option so don't even worry about it. Straight people stories don't count.
There is seriously no other option for gay dudes. So just deal with it lol

Unless you honestly think joining hobby clubs and going to the farmers market is a thing. It's not. Gays are like 2% of the population. You don't meet them very often via real life activities and you're just going to have to suck it up and use dating sites.

Unless your hobby club is like 50,000 people large you're fucked. You need at least like 10+ gays just to cycle through to find one you're attracted to and then it's even harder to have a relationship. You need access to at least like 10,000+ people in order to find someone you click with.
>>
>>5886808
Do traps/feminine twinks go on grindr or is it mainly just bear-mode homos?
>>
>>5890940
>So just deal with it lol
That doesn't sound very reassuring.
>>
>>5890926
is 4chan a dating site?
>>
>>5887022
lol what the fuck is this bullshit, you just talk for five minutes, trade dick or butt pics, meet up in one of your apartments (or outside of you're a young small guy and are fraid of getting gang raped) then you fuck. if you like each other you can start "dating" but what is this bullshit of wasting time on strangers before you fuck
>>
>>5890265
....it took me a week, but mostly cause i was terrified that people are using fake pics and are gonna drug me and take my kidnies, then i realiesed no one wants my kidnies
>>
>>5890944
lot of twinks on there, they're usually extra busy tho, if they're good looking, not if they're some uggo skeleton claiming to be a twink
>>
>>5890971
It's not supposed to be.
But online dating for gays is better than for straight people. We've been doing it for far longer. Online dating for gays has been around since the mid-80s when the first gay dating usenet groups started and were hugely popular.
We easily have about 2 decades worth of experience behind us compared to hetero's. Like most straight people think tinder is revolutionary but a lot of gays from the 90s will know of usenet and such. Online dating for gays is a completely different world from heteros. It's about 20-years older plus gays don't fuck around usually.
>>
File: batman escape.jpg (2 MB, 9800x5075) Image search: [Google]
batman escape.jpg
2 MB, 9800x5075
>>5891047
>>5891047
Well teach me your ways then senpai, I have literally no idea how the fuck this works. I don't even use facebook.
>>
>>5891085
Just treat it like casual chat. Don't do walls of text like some people do.
You should read peoples profiles but keep everything brief and don't send them huge introductions that are awkward as fuck. You don't need to mention that you read their profile. Everything should be very short.
Guys familiar with the system just want casual chat. Just think of how you chat with your friends on skype or facebook. There might be the occasional guy that wants some extreme romance but it's rare, don't worry about it unless that's also what you want. Treat it like how you would treat someone at the bar. Only women want to be woo'd. Guys aren't delusional even if they're full blown fem usually they won't care for romantic antics, it just doesn't work.
Just my experience anyways.
>>
File: 1417652493643.png (95 KB, 248x280) Image search: [Google]
1417652493643.png
95 KB, 248x280
>>5891097
>Just think of how you chat with your friends on skype or facebook.
There's a pretty big implication implicit on that statement.
>Treat it like how you would treat someone at the bar.
There's another one here.
>romantic
You talking about poetry and cutesy stuff? Because I like that, it's silly and that's why I like it.

Anyway is it less rude to only go after a specific type or group in dating sites?
>>
>>5891103
You can do cutesy stuff without going overboard. Treat it as a hobby rather than a necessity to dating.
When you land that date discuss it and ask if he wants to talk about it or go to whatever event, etc. etc. but don't force it.

But protip, don't invite your date to your friends one-man broadway show. I've had that happen. There has not been a one-man theatre performance that anyone has ever walked away from that anyone in the history of time has said "I think I'll repeat that experience."

Just be calm. It's just online dating. You're basically doing it right fucking now except I most likely don't even live in the same country as you lol
>>
>>5891109
>don't invite your date to your friends one-man broadway show. I've had that happen
I wish you could tell me what happened, sounds hillarious.
Well I'm more of a nerd so a good date for me would either be marathoning a series or going outdoors, maybe an art exposition.
>except I most likely don't even live in the same country as you lol
I hope you don't, you'd be fucked if you did.

Still is it "ok" to go after a certain group? Like bodybuilders or surfers or whites only or blacks only? Does one even put that on their profile?
>>
>>5891125
why wouldn't it be? everyone has a preference and it would be crazy to sleep with people you don't like just to be nice. i wouldn't put it in my profile cuz it might make you seem racist so even people who you would be into may not message you, so no "no black/fat/asian" in your profile. if those kinda people do message you just say they're not your type and move on, you don't owe them an explanation. if they don't stop block them.
>>
>>5891244
Fuck I forgot to ask, which dating sites are actually good?
>>
>>5891323
my experience with dating sites is you'll encounter the following types of people
- beautiful people that are only there for the same reason they are on grindr, that is to fuck
- beautiful people that are only there to show that they have a partner
- people that are too ugly to have lots of casual sex so they are looking for love instead

really, looking for love as a gay man that don't want to just have sex is sort of futile. sure you might find someone but chances are slim.
you might as well just use 4chan then.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-15-51-19.png (132 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-15-51-19.png
132 KB, 720x1280
>>5890910
I haven't even tried grindr from all the shit I hear about it but yet on dating apps I still get men who just want sex and feign wanting to get to know you. I fucking give up
>>
>>5891363
The thing here is that casual sex is an integrated part of gay identity, you might not like to hear that and of course its not an iron clad law, but the large majority of gays do meet and start relationships through hooking up.
You might get mad and yell out degenerate but thats how it is even in the straight world these days. The difference being that there are more options for straight people of course.
>>
>>5891370
Yeah it certainly seems that way, ugh I wish I was straight. Life would be so much easier, I've already got a handicap being a gay Asian who doesn't fit into the current meta of a gay Asian. Fuck me.
>>
>>5891323
Where do you live? For north America try match.com, okcupid, and plenty of fish. For Europe those ones still are around but because of the language barriers there's specific country ones over there.
>>
>>5891363
Don't use phone apps....
Think of it in terms of time investment. If you're looking to fuck you're not going to spend time signing up to a legit dating site on your laptop or desktop. But all those phone apps take like 5 seconds to install and they basically auto sign you up so there's no work. If you're looking to fuck you're most likely taking the path of least resistance.
Go to a proper dating site don't use apps.
>>
>>5892617
The country specific dating site here has more or less all the same people that are on grindr, no other apps are much in use. And most of them are still into fucking, not looking for relationships.
Living in a small town as well, most gay guys exchange on being in a relationship with one another for a month or two before moving on to the next, if they are interested in relationships.

I don't think most are really into being in a relationship in the straight sense of the word.
>>
>>5892637
If you're >>5891363, the one in Greece, it's probably because your country is kind of collapsing so nobody gives a shit anymore lol
I'm in Canada in alberta and it's the same thing. Once the economy tanked everyone stopped dating and the province wide orgy began haha
>>
>>5890416
I'm not that interested in sex too, more romance, I want to find guys that I can sit outside in the park on a nice day and just talk and kiss and share intimate touches, mmmmm
>>
>>5892660
No, not him. My country is not collapsing so far.
>>
>>5891383
Keep trying; just because you're not into it, it doesn't mean other people aren't. Just out of interest, though, what is the meta of a gay Asian?
Have you tried coming out to your friends/acquaintances? Try coming out to your friends/acquaintances. They might be able to point you in the right direction.
>>
>>5892696
Well small towns suck anyways. I live like an hour outside the city so I just set my location to inside the city to find people.
But in Canada an hours drive really isn't much. Most people tolerate up to like 2 hour drives from my experience. Maybe you could try the same.
>>
>>5892849
I live in the third largest city, largest city is 9 hours away by car. but I doubt things are much different there.
>>
>>5892858
Well then I guess you're just going to have to accept being forever alone lol
>>
>>5892871
already have senpai, already have.
>>
>>5892876
Maybe just go full-Mormon and find a girl that you can be best friends with and just tell her you're gay but for purposes of loneliness and whatnot you'll date her and give her the D occasionally it'll just be a little awkward. There's usually always some girl out there that would probably do it lol
>>
>>5892617
brazil, but I'm planning on moving to flagstaff
>>
>>5892930
too ugly for women and men, I'll continue to work on my spells if you know what I mean.
>>
>>5890906
Even straight people have a hard time finding someone to date like you see in the movies and shit. It's almost all dating sites and shit now.
>>
>tfw only really became comfortable with my bisexuality and the idea of actually meeting people off Grindr until after I got with my girlfriend.
If I hadn't met the love of my life, I probably would've been getting my dick sucked by every twink, trap and femboy in the area.
Of course, I probably have been even more suicidal, isolated and self-loathing so it's a pretty good trade-off.
[spoiler] I do wonder about what it would be like but I don't do anything about it. [/spoiler]
>>
>tfw no fancy phone to get grindr
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.