[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heteronormative questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 720x540
Someone I know told me they prefer they/them pronouns recently, but I honestly have no idea what that means. I was wondering if anyone could share an info graphic or an explaination of common terms for anything other than gay straight and bi. Those are the only things I'm really familiar with. Thanks.
>>
It means they suffer from special snowflake syndrome.
Nothing more
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 575x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 575x720
I'd still be interested to learn a general vocabulary list so I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to gender and sexuality in today's world. Like, what does gender fluid mean? I see obscure words used all the time to describe gender on social media but I can't tell what is parody and what's real. Just looking for help understanding
>>
>>5656062
http://itspronouncedmetrosexual.com/2013/01/a-comprehensive-list-of-lgbtq-term-definitions/

Here you go fampai. Also has gender fluid on the list. It's by alphabetically order so look under 'G'. 4chan /LGBT/ isn't the best place to look for answers when it comes to anything that isn't, les,bi,gay,trans,sometimes asexual. They'll immediately call you snowflake even when you prove them wrong because they're hateful fags kek.
>>
>>5656168
This
>>
File: IMG_1904.png (285 KB, 672x906) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1904.png
285 KB, 672x906
>>5656168
Omg youre so totally right! Hey OP, check out this even more comprehensive list on LGBTTQQIIAA words!
http://genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender/
Im glad our fee fees proved all these right!
>>
I refer they/them pronouns. It means you don't see yourself as either a man or a woman, but rather something else, or in some cases both. Pretty simple really, but some people freak out just because the idea of being non binary is so foreign to them.
>>
>>5656168
It's more that this board tends to err on the side of science which currently only really support lgbt and asexuals as existing. The rest is just random identity politics. People have enough trouble understanding trans even when it's backed up by pretty heavy science, you can't expect everyone to accept all the other miscellaneous identities which aren't really backed up by any scientific studies.
>>
>>5656188
>Kek omg I'm going to so totally use sarcasm to prove them wrong. I'm so funny XD
Okay anon
>>
>>5656203
Also I don't get mad if people use female pronouns. or male for that matter, but I'm presenting as female at this point in my life. Getting mad about it is stupid.
>>
File: IMG_1902.jpg (74 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1902.jpg
74 KB, 500x375
>>5656208
How does it feel to have a meme gender?
>>
>>5656014
It means that, when referring to them in the third person, they would prefer you to use "them" rather than "him/her", and "they" rather than "he/she". For more, you're better off asking them than us. The gender neutral singular pronoun set is applied to a very wide range of people.
>>
>>5656203
So as far as sexuality goes, does that mean you're bisexual? Or attracted to one sex over another without acknowledging your own gender?
>>
>>5656739
depends on the person, really. one can still consider themselves straight/gay/bi/etc depending on their specific gender
>>
>>5656739
i'm pansexual.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.