[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so I have a friend who is transgender (genderfluid between male
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: ok.jpg (103 KB, 338x508) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
103 KB, 338x508
so I have a friend who is transgender (genderfluid between male and neutral, biologically female) and while I respect it, am totally fine with using preferred pronouns, etc., I don't understand it. For the same reason I don't necessarily understand plenty of other trans men: he/they still wears skirts, dresses and other feminine clothing, makeup, engages in historically "feminine" activities, basically embraces all the trappings of what society views as "female". So why identify in society with the male gender if you perform and display all female characteristics? really not trying to be rude at all here...just trying to educate myself and get some firsthand answers.
>>
Transtenders/tucutes. They just want to feel different, unique, special, etc and part of a 'community'. Usually goes in hand with backseat activism aka not doing anything.
>>
Respect their decision to be a nuisance to actual trans people and don't give them a reason to gripe. Eventually they'll either transition to male or grow tired of identifying into a medical condition.
>>
>"genderfluid"
>he thinks he has to include that she's a bio woman

lmao
the only reason someone is trans is because they feel uncomfortable in their physical body. if she's letting other people assume she has a female body, and not even trying to look male for her own mental health, it's bullshit.
she's looking for attention and an identity. either she'll go deeper and deeper into tumblr things like this, or grow out of the phase.
>>
>>5389330
Your friend's discovered a fad, either from another friend or the internet. They aren't transgender, and they're really just a girl who wants to be a little different, but don't call them out on this because they'll definitely get touchy over it.

Stay out of it and let it fizzle over. Also keep in mind that unlike your friend, trans people do not think "my choice of clothes/hobbies determines my being a man or woman".
>>
>>5389344
I feel like if I told my friend who (born male) prefers to be called they/them, they'd just get really angry. So I won't - but I want to agree with you on this.

The only thing they're suffering with is special-snowflake syndrome
>>
Well I am transsexual. I can't speak as to what goes on in the minds of "transgenders" and demiferrots sorry
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.