[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know nothing about trans people and need more input.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: thinking.png (9 KB, 197x255) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
9 KB, 197x255
Is it transphobic to not want to have sex with a transgender because they don't have your preferred sexual organ?

Does being sexually and/or romantically attracted to a pre-op pre-hormone transgender of the same biological sex, assuming you identify as straight, make you at least bisexual? If not, then what even is the meaning behind "sexuality"?

Do you have to have dysphoria to be trans? If yes, does that imply that being trans is a medical condition? If yes, does that make trans people less valid?

Not bait. I'm probably just transphobic.
>>
No
Depends on what exactly attracts you to them. If it's male features you're at least a little bit, if not then don't worry about it.

Yes, yes, no.
>>
>>5658633
>Is it transphobic to not want to have sex with a transgender because they don't have your preferred sexual organ?
No, but are you talking about a pre-op dick or post-op vag?

>Does being sexually and/or romantically attracted to a pre-op pre-hormone transgender of the same biological sex, assuming you identify as straight, make you at least bisexual? If not, then what even is the meaning behind "sexuality"?
Pre-everything... what do you think? That's pretty gay.

>Do you have to have dysphoria to be trans?
Yeah, unless we're talking about the queer assholes who hijacked "transgender" for themselves. But I don't like giving them credit, so yes.

>If yes, does that imply that being trans is a medical condition?
Yes.

>If yes, does that make trans people less valid?
Guess that depends on your opinion on mentally ill and/or disabled people in general.
Other than that, it's pretty hard to tell valid ones from invalid ones.

>I'm probably just transphobic.
If you listen to tumblr, then yes I guess.
>>
>>5658711

OP here.

tumblr is the only thing I've been exposed to in regards to trans people. So I guess you're right about that.
>>
>>5658726
Oh wow you must have heard some bullshit...
>>
attitudes about body shit is policed a lot, so like i avoid even saying attraction to specific body parts can be part of someone's sexuality, even common, because i know i will get in shit.

most trans women know this--if people weren't attracted to women with specific body parts, some trans women would have to find a new means of finding an income--but we get alienated within our own ranks for saying it
>>
>>5658745

Something something gender is a social construct, lesbians who don't like penises are transmisogynist, transmisandry isn't real, xe/xer/xerself.
>>
>>5658764
>lesbians who don't like penises are transmisogynist
yeah the pressing of this idea is gross. otoh, cis women who date trans women are treated like shit by lesbians who disqualify them from even being lesbian. it isn't gay men who date trans women, and while gay trans women often don't pass like straight trans women, when cis women date them they are often enough not with a straight history.

i think it's actually helpful if people seriously think to themselves if they can be attracted to someone with a different anatomy. we usually don't feel good about what we have, we don't want to feel worse being further humiliated for it. at the same time don't overreact with fear if you are attracted to a trans woman, just be thoughtful, and you don't need to go into humiliating detail why if you pursue things you ultimately don't think they'll work out.

i'm a trans woman and i didn't expect to be attracted to trans women, but for me it turned out to be pretty much the same thing if mutual attraction led to physical intimacy: i still wanted to touch them. this may not work out for everyone--it obviously won't--and yeah, we should be allowed to talk about this without one side getting gross about the other and the other responding with needy feelings of victimhood that likely enable rapists.

like i do agree people saying "no blacks, no asians" is wrong and totally gross; but even sjws agree that what trans women deal with shouldn't be simplistically compared to racism
>>
>>5658854

I think the counterpoint you mentioned isn't distinctly a lesbian issue, but instead a radfem issue. Radical feminism seems to attract lesbians since it celebrates cis women and only cis women. Cis women are wonderful and perfect, and trans women distinctly lack nearly everything "woman" that they celebrate. I think it's pretty understandable why this mentality would attract genuine lesbians and encourage straight women to become political lesbians.

But yeah, I also agree that the fear of being attracted to a trans person is pretty fucking awful. Like, I get that it may seem like it conflicts with your assumed sexual identity and that can be a very strange and scary thing, but that's not a transgender's fault. They didn't "trick you." They're (9 times out of 10) not trying to "trap" you. All of that shit is baseless and disgusting.

In regards to what you said about "I tried it and I liked it," it's pretty cool that you have an open mind. I don't think that everyone else necessarily has to have one. It'd be great if they did, and I'd prefer that for society's sake, but you can't force someone to be open minded. Some people just like what they like, no "if"s, "and"s, or "but"s about it. And that's totally okay, and should be respected.
>>
>>5658633
>Do you have to have dysphoria to be trans?
Since no one ever bothers to expand on the "yes" answer for this, even by just a little bit.. I'll do it.

Yes, you have to have dysphoria to be trans but no one experiences dysphoria in the same way or to the same extent as everyone else.
>>
>>5658633
Ummmm...yes? Why are you even asking?
>>
>>5658633
>Is it transphobic to not want to have sex with a transgender because they don't have your preferred sexual organ?
No, of course not. It would however be transphobic if they passed, were post op, and indistinguishable from a cis person of their gender in every way, but you refused to have sex with them due to some vague abstract notion that they "used to be a man/woman".

>
Does being sexually and/or romantically attracted to a pre-op pre-hormone transgender of the same biological sex, assuming you identify as straight, make you at least bisexual? If not, then what even is the meaning behind "sexuality"?
It depends on how well they pass. And the term "sexuality" doesn't necessary imply it has to do with "biological sex", it refers to who you experience sexual attraction towards, who you want to have sex with. So it can really be based on either biological sex or gender expression.

>Do you have to have dysphoria to be trans? If yes, does that imply that being trans is a medical condition? If yes, does that make trans people less valid?
You have to have dysphoria to be medically trans, which is usually what people mean around here when they say trans. Someone who undergoes transition to live as a different gender for reasons other than dysphoria would still be considered trans. Being trans isn't itself a medical condition, dysphoria however is and it is generally seen as the primary or only reason why one would undergo transition.

>>5658764
/lgbt/ frequently denies the existence of transmisandry too
>>
>>5661136

>/lgbt/ frequently denies the existence of transmisandry too

speak for yourself nigga
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.