[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now I'm out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: LuckyStar-KagamiFacepalm.png (205 KB, 580x326) Image search: [Google]
LuckyStar-KagamiFacepalm.png
205 KB, 580x326
>come out to mom as trans
>first 5 minutes convincing her its not a joke
>she's shocked but also accepts it
>stress of coming out cause me to lie down for half an hour
>get up
>find out she told my family; grandma, uncles, dad
>all react well
>mfw outed completely in one day
>mfw mom can't keep secrets
>>
Well. Good. Congratulations
>>
>>6246636
Damn nigga you fucked up. Should have waited at least to see if you will pass. There is no putting the cat back in the bag on this one, it's out and it's out forever.

The first person I told wound up telling everybody too, even though they promised they'd tell nobody. I learned the hard way that coming out as a tranny should not be done to a single individual unless they legally are required to keep your secrets.

My advice to all those still in the closet: do not tell a single person until you are ready for every single person in your life to know. I'd strongly advise waiting until you pass, or waiting to see if your identity settles into some sort of in-between state such as femboys, and such things.

That said I wish you luck, OP. I know how much it sucks to have everyone find out when you only wanted to tell one person. Shit sucks.
>>
>>6246636
a similar thing happened to me

jic you hadn't been thinking about this yet, even if people react well and say they accept you that's really only a good first step. like, it's gonna be rocky for the next couple of years or so. just make sure to try to make them feel as comfortable as possible and you should be ok
>>
>>6246683
Yeah this.

Watch out for people who backslide. My mother acted accepting at first and turned into a huuuuuuuuuuuuge pain in the ass about it. "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST BE GAY?!!" etc
>>
>>6246636
Glad to hear they were at least okay with everything, but damn.
This is exactly why I haven't mentioned anything to anyone other than professionals (doctor/therapist). I don't trust my own god damn family to keep their mouth shut about anything I tell them. If I could guarantee that whoever I talked to would keep things private between us, I might actually talk to people occasionally. Fuck.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.