[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /k/, I posted in here last week but didnt get alot of luck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: ptsd-300x233.jpg (24 KB, 300x233) Image search: [Google]
ptsd-300x233.jpg
24 KB, 300x233
Hey /k/, I posted in here last week but didnt get alot of luck. Im doing a paper for my modern history class on PTSD and how the VA lacked in the treatment of it. If anyone here has some form of PTSD or experience they want to share. I would love to hear.
>>
>>29753179
Oh boy, I wonder how you're going to cite this
>Fag, Marine. No.29753180. 4chan. 4chan. <http://boards.4chan.org/k/thread/29753179/hey-k-i-posted-in-here-last-week-but-didnt-get>

Also, I'd be very careful asking people what they saw over there. Some of that shit was the most traumatizing shit you can ever go through. Knew a guy who shot the shit out of a car because the pre-invasion policeman sign for "go-ahead" is the same as the one we use for "stop". They might have looked like hajjis but they were just civvies. Fucked him up a lot.
>>
>>29753179
They hand you a paper with numbers from 1 to 10. If you don't damn near put 10 on every one them and basically admit you want to kill yourself the doctor just shrugs and says you don't have it. He even told me "see you scored a 35, vets with PTSD are at least a 42" or some fucking shit.

I answered low on purpose because I don't like to complain. So I'm 90% I'm one of the untreated ones. Or he said I have a lesser form of depression. I dunno never went back it was more unpleasant and unhelpful than it was worth.
>>
>>29753179
>PTSD
good material of whiny dadcore US soldier
(he never expected someone would die)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3iR6Kz0LCI
>>
I told my va doc that I had nightmares and would get really uncomfortable after random fireworks. he gust told me that was nothing, and just deal with it. It took 5 years for him to even give me a X-ray for my back, which came out negative. I was so pissed at them I went and got my va disability for my back which end up being 60% for arthritis, spinel disc disease, narrowing of the spinel cord, 2 discs that are now deformed and some other shit. If the doc had just helped in the first place I would never had got it and I never wanted it to begin with.
>>
File: 1374338128633.gif (596 KB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1374338128633.gif
596 KB, 250x141
>>29753179
>If anyone here has some form of PTSD or experience they want to share.
Are you fucking autistic or something?
>>
File: nazi-soldier-world-war-ii.jpg (38 KB, 480x587) Image search: [Google]
nazi-soldier-world-war-ii.jpg
38 KB, 480x587
>>29753179
One important thing is that a lot of serviceman don't want to come forward about it for a number of reasons.

Saw minimal combat, lost 2 friends in my platoon. I wasn't there when they got hit but it fucked me up.

Best friend is really fucked up, put tourniquet on one of our guys that was double amputee. Would feel like a bitch if I came out saying I had ptsd or something of the sort. Hes the one that actually had to deal with some rough shit.

I saw combat, never had anyone in my squad die or get hit. I get nightmares, can't sleep some nights like tonight. Was severely depressed because I'm in school now with a bunch of fucking kids out of high school and just don't relate. Imma be fine though.
>>
>>29753179
Call it what it is, elaborate on how it is a combat stress injury. Not a post trauamatic stress disorder. Look up shit like that on google it will literally tell you everything you need to know.
>>
Fucking everything can give you PTSD now.
I was diagnosed with it but I'm pretty sure I was just being a edgy depressed teen at the time.
Point is there is little being done for Vets with actual PTSD because touchy feely types have flooded the market with their shit which is far easier to 'treat' since it's not actually as traumatic as say wearing your buddies giblets after he stepped in the wrong place
>>
There are plenty of vets with ptsd, but there are even more when are just having trouble adjusting to civilian life.
We don't want to claim ptsd, both because we all know someone who has seen more shit then us and is fine, and because we filled out post deployment assessments in a way that would get us home fastest.
>>29755200
Made a good point about using your GI Bill. You feel so separated from the children you share classrooms with.
>>
>>29753179
most nam vets had a resource to cope with life after. it was called the local beer tavern.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.