[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tinnitus Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10
File: tinnitus.jpg (8 KB, 348x145) Image search: [Google]
tinnitus.jpg
8 KB, 348x145
Fired a .22 revolver, it's been a week and my left ear is still ringing. Which is weird because I shoot right handed. Anyway, should I give up hope or just give it more time? Any tips on how to help cope with it if it's permanent? Thanks k.
>>
>>28422866
We don't need a fucking "Tinnitus Thread"

You should give up hope. Your ears are fucked permanently. How to cope with permanent "Eee"? Easiest way is to kill yourself. Please delete this stupid fucking thread.

You don't have tinnitus from a fucking 22 revolver you dumbass crybaby faggot. You're like the pussy who ran cross country for a day and sat out the rest of the season with "broken legs" because you had shin splints that lasted for a week, or sprained your ankle and told girls you "tore a ligament" because of your grade 1 sprain that healed in 5 days.

GTFO to Reddit and never come back
>>
>>28422866
It is obvious you fucking ignored to read up on firearm safety. There is a reason why its parroted everywhere. If you refuse to be safe for the sake of others or even yourself, you pay the consequences.

In this case it is tinnitus.
>>
>>28422928
Pretty much all of this.
>>
File: 1447047222568.gif (449 KB, 160x173) Image search: [Google]
1447047222568.gif
449 KB, 160x173
>>28422928
>You don't have tinnitus from a fucking 22 revolver you dumbass crybaby faggot. You're like the pussy who ran cross country for a day and sat out the rest of the season with "broken legs" because you had shin splints that lasted for a week, or sprained your ankle and told girls you "tore a ligament" because of your grade 1 sprain that healed in 5 days.
This.

Constant exposure to moderate to high volumes is what kills hearing, not one small caliber shot.
>>
>>28422928
Jesus fuck, down boy. It was a simple question.
>>
>>28422978
Go away

>simple question
So simple you made a thread for it
>simple question
So simple you are asking if you should "give up hope"
>simple question
You need tips on "how to cope"? Its called get over it or kill yourself

sage
>>
>>28422866
It goes away.
>>
>>28422866
Were you in a confined space? Were you using any ear protection? I stupidly managed to set off a firework in my kitchen when I was 10 YO, all doors and windows closed and my ears were ringing for a week after. Lucky I didn't do permanent harm.
Anyway, go see a doctor. Tinnitus is hard to treat, but some people respond to therapies and some don't. Good luck.
>>
>>28422866
Every hunter since guns were invented has had some degree of tinnitus. Not all of those hunters estrogenposted about it.

If anything you have a minor case and should deal with it like the rest of us, you whiny faget.
>>
File: 1413852124703.jpg (16 KB, 285x279) Image search: [Google]
1413852124703.jpg
16 KB, 285x279
>Be me
>Hate loud music
>Never use high volumes, ever
>One day, tinnitus
>See doc
>Doc says "lol i dunno"
>Get into firearms later
>Every tinnitus thread is "you did dumb shit lel" every time
>MFW
>>
I claimed tinitus and back pain at the VA. Now the gooberment is paying me every month. TFW when my left ear only rings a couple times a week for a minute or so at a time and aint even that bad. Thanks Uncle Sam. Thanks VA. Thanks USMC.
>>
>tenatis
>>
File: Angry Ronald.gif (602 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Angry Ronald.gif
602 KB, 320x240
>>28422866
Are you serious?
Jesus fucking chist you are a pussy. I've have tinnitus my whole life and you're bitching about it after just a week. Grow some balls and stop wearing panties.
>>
File: community_image_1408059528.gif (2 MB, 360x208) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1408059528.gif
2 MB, 360x208
>>28423172
>>28422866

if you use headphones or earbuds youre pretty much screwed.

I got it that way, the only times ive shot unprotected was with a couple of .22 rifles, and a Taurus .38 with one ear off by accident. it was fine by the time I got home from shooting though.

just keep white noise going, use fans in your rooms or listen to music. even leaving the TV on is enough to keep it at bay.

deal with it

I do hope they invent bionic hearing before I die tho tbqh
>>
>>28422866
Try not to worry about it. It will either get better over time or your brain will kind of filter it out. You'll just forget you even have it most of the time. It can take months or years but it does get better.
>>
File: 1442914590528.png (464 KB, 481x518) Image search: [Google]
1442914590528.png
464 KB, 481x518
>>28422866
>New to shooting
>Wear ear protection most I can
>Someone fires an AR near me before I put them on
>Wow, guns are louder than I thought. Soldiers must have rough ear problems
>No ringing
>Happens a few more times in different range visits
>Nothing
>Use headphones everyday most of the day at lower volumes
>Nothing

How can a .22lr revolver cause your ears to ring?
>>
File: 1444953201518-1.jpg (5 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1444953201518-1.jpg
5 KB, 300x200
>>28422928
This.
.22? Get the fuck out of here.
>>
Hahaha tinnitus from a .22 revolver? Grow some nuts you fucking dickless gayboy
>>
>>28423172
man i did some dumb shit, figured out that a .22 bullet fit into the very end of my airsoft gun barrel when i was 15 and i thought that if i shot a pellet while the .22 was in the barrel it would just launch the bullet, fucked up me and my friend's hearing and my parents took away any gun related shit i had
>>
>>28423162
>estrogenposted
don't strain yourself
OP turn a fan on at night and wear earplugs if you're shooting/using power tools/etc. ta least it won't get worse
>>
File: 1448398491675.jpg (90 KB, 413x550) Image search: [Google]
1448398491675.jpg
90 KB, 413x550
>mfw I tried my best to protect my hearing
>low volume on headphones
>close ears around loud things
>mfw director says we're doing a bunch of marches
>mfw it's percussion heavy
>mfw right next to the cymbals because lol low brass no space on small theater
>mfw didnt know active earpro existed
I WANT THE EEE TO STOP MITCH YOU ASSHAT GIVE ME MY SILENCE BACK
>>
>>28422866
You should just "forget" it
>>
>>28423749
>people who use "dickless gayboy"
>people who are not repressed homosexuals
pick one
>>
>>28422866
I had eeeee for a few hours the other day when out hunting. Knocked a couple of roos over on a job and went over to check the bodies.

Had taken off me ear pro to talk on the radio to another bloke.

Got to the corpses and realised the fenale had a joey in the pouch. Chambered another round put barrel a couple of inches from its head and pulled the trigger.

Covered with blood and constant eeeee from .223 for a few hours.
>>
>>28423643
More ear buds. Good high quality headphones won't be so much of an issue. I do a lot of sound design and field recording. I'm always wearing headphones when not at my main workstation. I'm okay. It's idiots with iPod headphones that crank them to ridiculous levels because it "adds bass". Yeah the specs say they respond to 20-20,000hz. The curve at the low and highs is so extreme though to hear 20hz on those things the volume will blow your dick off. If people really want super lows, don't get beats with their fake low end, get some good studio headphones with large and powerful drivers

OP you don't have tinnitus. It's just a ringing. If you were working with a jackhammer all day without ear pro. That kind of shit gives tinnitus. Long term exposure not one offs, especially not from a .22. You do risk hearing loss though, shove a mosin barrel by your ear and fire. That will give you hearing loss. Some people find white noise generators or wind machines help alleviate tinnitus symptoms. My friend used to have a white noise generator on in bed so he could sleep
>>
>>28423763
>be me
>be 6
>have cap guns
>take the whole 100 shot roll of caps and hit it with a hammer
>loudest_shit.wav
>be 15
>go to concerts and make a point to stand next to the speakers, because WOOOO
>be 16
>ipod full volume in earbuds all the time
>be now
>learn about proper earpro use once i'm 18 and into guns
>damage is already done
>EEEEEE ever since i can remember
>have to ask people to repeat themselves
wear your EEEEEEEEEarpro
>>
>>28422928
Holy shit look at all that edge goddamn you're one dumb meme spouting motherfucker.
A .22 can reach 140db depending on shooting conditions. Tinnitus can be caused by 85db.
Go read a fucking book dipshit.

>>28422957
You can have severe tinnitus from very minor hearing damage. Some forms of tinnitus are triggered by loud noises but are purely neurological. Don't speak about things you know absolutely nothing about.
>>
Sucka for you Op. Been using firearms since I was a twinkle in my fathers eye and I can still hear a bee fart in a room full of flies.
>>
OP go to your dr. And say you need a cyproterone acetate treatment. It will solve your problem
>>
>>28423809
>Tinnitus can be caused by 85db.
>Go read a fucking book dipshit.
>85db
Yeah after literally 6 hours of droning at that noise level. Instant damage doesn't happen until 135db at absolute worst.
>>
>>28423738
Some people are more resistant than others. The other thing is that tinnitus is just your brain trying to fill in information, so you might only get it if there's a certain frequency reaching your ears.
>>
>>28422866
I've had tinnitus for as long as I can remember. While it certainly can be caused by loud noises, it appears to have a myriad of causes.
>>
>>28423809
>Tinnitus can be caused by 85db.
Maybe you should go read a fucking book because 85db is not even close to the 130+ that guns put out. It's an exponential scale, not linear.
>>
>all these people with tinnitus
Jesus, is it that common?

>/k/ trying to act like a big man, hurr durr you're a pussy if you don't suffer silently with tinnitus
>hurr durr you're a pussy if you don't suffer silently with your blown off limbs from Afghanistan
Stop being internet tough guys, I just came from /pol/ and you're being more cringeworthy.
>>
>>28423865
Don't judge them anon, tinnitus is quite a curse.
>>
>>28423844
>also just said .22 can reach 140
>>
Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus.
>>
>>28422866

I got tinnitus from a military funeral when I was 12, 4 full autos going full blast caught me off guard...

Learn to deal with it, it took me about half a year to not feel shit about it, still do when I think about it though. Background noise when sleeping is a must too, if I don't have it I literally go insane.

Congrats on never hearing silence ever again.
>>
you could still reduce some damage by taking vitamin C and E supplements. antioxidants are your friends, look it up.
>>
Saw an ENT 6 weeks ago for the same thing.

He says it can fade out over ~6 months / you automatically tune it out

tough shit i guess
>>
>>28422866
>having bitch ears
no but seriously your ears gradually get used to it. They also self-quiet incoming sound if exposed long enough.
For example if you work in a factory without earplugs the noise isn't so bad but if you wear earplugs for a while and then stop the noise is unbearable.
>>
>>28423878
It takes long hours of exposure to high decibels to cause tinnitus. You can't get it with only one shot from that level.
>>
>>28422866

Tinnitus

>from a 22

You made an infantry vet giggle internally.

GG no RE.
>>
One time I accidentally fired my mosin with my left ear off. It didn't even eee. I'm pretty sure I read a study that said being a cock sucking faggot like OP will give you tinnitus.
>>
>>28424740
ENTs are a total rip off.

They charge you hundreds of dollars for a 15 min appointment, to do a super expensive hearing test, and then go "yea we cant find anything wrong with your ears, theres no fix either."
>>
You know how nose canceling headphones work? Fire a couple of shots in your left hand so you get ringing in your right ear. It'll cancel out the ringing sound almost instantly. I've done this several times and it works like a charm.
>>
>>28422928

There is no way that your pussy is wet enough to be riding his dick that hard.

answer a simple question or walk away and spend some time in your hugbox.

To answer,
1. you probably don't have significant hearing damage due to rimfire. there are a lot of causes of tinnitus
2. you'll probably get better. Take some vitamin E
3. Remember hearing protection next time
4. If you're not getting better, see a doctor instead of posting on /k/
>>
File: image.png (781 KB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
image.png
781 KB, 1280x718
>>
>>28422866
>.22 revolver
>tinnitus
>pick one.
Top kek. I shot my .223 with a loose earplug for about 50 rounds. Couldn't hear out of my right ear for 2 days but no permanent damage.
>>
>>28426768

>This nigger is so retarded he thinks he has no permanent hearing damage.

lel, get a clinical hearing test, enjoy your 8k-18k Hz rolloff you fucking retard.
>>
>>28423140
> Lucky I didn't do permanent harm.
It's still possible you did. Not all hearing damage leads to tinnitus.
>>
Anyone who starts a tinnitus thread deserves to be shot.

Those who bitch about tinnitus deserve to be shot.

Its bitching about nothing. I have tinnitus, its literally the last thing i would ever complain about.

Just goes to show you the crybaby mentality of a good portion of /k/.

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>Shot 12ga with dad when I was 6
>No hearing protection.
>Grow up with tinnitus, never stops ringing.
>This was 21 years ago.

I used to think hearing a ring when things were dead silent was normal until someone told me otherwise.
>>
>All these edge lords spouting haha tinnitus from a .22, pussy

Confirmed for never having shot a short barrel .22 pistol, it's not like your 10/22. The pistols make quite a goddamn crack;
>>
>>28422928
Fuck you.

1. Some people are more susceptible to hearing damage than others.
2. Even if your ears aren't ringing, doesn't mean you don't have hearing damage.
3. A .22 revolver is loud enough to give you permanent hearing damage, you twit.

>>28424797
>I was too stupid to get a real job
And I should care about your opinion why?

>>28424788
Yes you can.
>>
>>28424751
>your ears gradually get used to it
your ears are gradually damaged to the point loud noises don't feel loud
>self-quiet incoming sound
this action is ineffective against high db impulse sounds (read: gunshots) and lessens over time
>>28426768
>couldn't hear for 5 days
>no damage
kek

>all these mental gymnastics to avoid the 5 seconds it takes to protect your hearing
>all these insecure faggets wrapping up their lack of earpro with their masculinity
>>
>>28422866
This is what happens when a weeaboo gets access to guns
>>
>>28428744
Exact same situation hear. Have had to sleep with a fan forever
>>
>>28422866
You got the EEEEEE cus either you a fuckin normie, or you been watchin too much of that machimachimodachi fuckboi
>>
>>28429587
Did you just roll your hand on your keyboard? How do you even pronounce that?
>>
>>28429587
great post.
>>
>>28429627
Get back to Reddit new fag
>>
>>28422866
On New Years my brother fired a gallery load from his "18 Nugget
Sounded like a goddamn cannon
I decided that it would have been a good idea to wear ear protection
He didn't
He doesn't seem to have tinnitus, or at least he hasn't brought it up to me
To which I would say "I told you so"
>>
>>28429587
Holy shit great job anon I can't stop fucking laughing

>machimachimodachi

That shit is fucking gold man
>>
File: 1450905026904.png (3 KB, 250x62) Image search: [Google]
1450905026904.png
3 KB, 250x62
>mfw i read this thread

>mfw i learn i have tinnitus
>>
>>28422866
It's probably already too late but you should go to your physician as an intratympanic injection of corticosteroid (to the ear) has been shown to significantly reduce hearing loss cases of trauma.
>>
>>28429877
really?
>>
>>28429877
just did a search, seems thats short term only
>>
I got it from work. Just when I was starting to not have my life anymore.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.