[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /k/omrads, what do you think of pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: KE-1760.jpg (11 KB, 400x145) Image search: [Google]
KE-1760.jpg
11 KB, 400x145
Hello /k/omrads, what do you think of pic related?
>>
>>28401656
Looks ok, don't understand why thumb stud is so hard to get at compared to Buck though
>>
>>28401673
Haha, just saw that
>>
>>28401656
Love it. My current EDC. Minor complaints would be the thumb studs being kinda annoying to get to, as the other guy said, and they won't be your main deployment method for that reason. Flips nice and smoothly, I like the clip, and I guess sometimes it's a little hard to get the belly and tip perfectly razor sharp, but maybe that's my fault since this is the only knife I freehand on. Personal preference issues would be no stop pins, and instead using the thumb studs (that's partly why they suck so much), but otherwise it'll have as much cutting edge as a Buck 110, and the plunge grind and sharpening notch are well done. Overall, a really well done knife, perfect for EDC if you don't mind a smaller, lighter blade
>>
>>28401673
>>28401684
Its not meant to be a thumb stud.its purposebis to be the blade stop.the flipper is the primary means of deployement because kershaw loves their shitty spring assist.
>>
>>28401656
>liner lock

Kek, you're going to have all sorts of fun when it loosens up
>>
>>28401844
Thats almost exactly what your mom said.
>>
>>28401829
Its called speed safe, and it uses a torsion bar.
>>
>>28401844
I have a lock back knife too, cs amwerican lawman but its alittle too thick and dosent deploy fast for viable sd
>>
>>28401829
>>28402222
the kershaw skyline is not assisted tho
>>
>>28402222
And its just as shitty
>>
I like the fact that it's USA made. Also the G-10 scales are real nice.
>>
What is the best non-assisted knife for one handed operation and EDC for <$150?

Preferably SV30. Preferably a lightweight handle that isn't aluminum. Aluminum gets fucked up too easily.
>>
>>28402557
PM2
>>
>>28402578
>PM2

looks a little awkward to open vs a flipper. Maybe I 'm wrong?
>>
>>28402827

I have one in front of me right now. There are a few ways to open it one handedly.

>apply pressure to compression lock and flick
>put finger in hole, flick open (works fine w/thumb/middle/ring, others a bit harder for me at least)

Alternatively, a Benchmade Griptilian. Also has a thumbhole option, though I find the axis lock a bit more annoying to use as opposed to other locks. Only slightly, though.
>>
>>28402827
>>28402578
>>28402557
Spyderco native 5 for 70-80 dollars you get s35vn,frn handles with nested steel liners.
>>
>>28402827its very comfy and intuitive
>>
>>28402238
>expecting smooth performance from overpriced cold steel trash

They're those same shitty Chinese knockoff knives you see at hardware stores for $20 that nobody buys
>>
>>28402920
As a person who has owned both kind of knives you are talking about, they are not the same
>>
>>28402375
I know that its not assisted
>>
>>28402860

Thanks, the compression lock looks strong as fuck. I think I'll stick to triad, lock back or compression for real use. Might pick up an auto just for fun.
>>
>>28401868
Rekt
>>
>>28401656

GOAT EDC knife
O
A
T

E
D
C

k
n
i
f
e
>>
>>28401656
I like mine. It does it's job.
>>
File: muhedc.jpg (729 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
muhedc.jpg
729 KB, 1328x747
>>28401656
One of the very best EDC knives for the price.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.