[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese gun laws
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 35
File: 1.jpg (112 KB, 870x579) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
112 KB, 870x579
よー

Living in Japan and looked into purchasing a gun. I thought /k/ might be interested in seeing how restrictive it is compared to the USA.

First, you basically can't own a handgun. I think there are under 50 handgun owners in the country, all of which are competition shooters who can only use it for that purpose.
You're allowed to buy a shotgun for hunting, and after 10 years of shotgun ownership, you can apply for a rifle.

In order to get a gun you have to take a $70 test on basics and ownership, $100 shooting test application fee, pay for a medical exam from a psychiatrist, then pay around $300 for the actual shooting test (yes, you have to pay to apply for the test and then pay to take the test)

Assuming you pass all of that (the actual shooting test isn't hard, at least) you have to go to a gun shop, show them all the paperwork, pick a gun you want, they will fill in a form about that gun. You then have to go buy gun lockers, install them in your house outside of plain view, have them bolted to the floor and the wall, then go to a police station and let them inspect the actual lockers inside your house to make sure they are installed properly. Then you show them the paperwork from the gun shop, THEN you can buy your gun. That is, after the police interview your neighbours, landlords, employers, etc.

Another restriction is you can only have one type of gun for each purpose. So you can have a bird hunting shotgu and a larger game hunting shotgun, but not more than one of each.

That's it! If you do end up getting a license to hunt though, you can actually hunt quite a lot. The amount of hunters, because of aging population, has gone down a lot, so particularly up north there are way too many wild animals. I think at the moment for deer or boar you're allowed one animal per sex per day or something.
>>
>>30446458
>pay for a medical exam
On the bright side, that part's probably free.
>>
What about a crossbow? You can hunt with those and defend yourself from vampires too.
>>
>>30446458
In context of being Japan where lots of things can be very bureaucratic, I'm surprised it seems like mostly formalities. There's not a strong demand for gun ownership in Japan and it seems like those who want them for hunting or target practice will have no trouble meeting the requirements.
>>
>>30446458
Are there even gunshops in Japan?
>>
>>30446458
What are the restricted firearms there? Is it bolt action rifles and shotguns only? Are there any ammo restrictions?
>>
>>30446542
Yes, there are.
>>
>>30446458
Not just compared to the USA, Japanese gun laws are amongst the most restrictive over the world. The only way to be more restrictive would be to ban all guns altogether, like in Singapore.

I think shotguns are limited to one shot per barrel. So only side by side or over and under are allowed. And rifles are limited to one round.
>>
>>30446458

That's really interesting. I'd imagine that not a whole lot of people get licenses anyway, since Japan's population is so concentrated in urban areas.

Is there even a gun culture in the country? I thought people there were downright terrified at the thought of a gun being near them. A far cry from the country of the samurai.
>>
>>30446599
There is an airsoft culture.
>>
>>30446599
Big military and airsoft culture.
>>
>>30446525
You can't own or hunt with bows, at least via normal hunting license means. If you are a landowner and can procure a animal culling permit that lets you kill animals on your property through any means, you could then sort of do it. No info on vamps, but I hear a Syringe and CQC works.

>>30446537
Yep, pretty much.

>>30446542
Yeah but not many as their business is obviously rather limited.

>>30446584
I'm not sure what the application process is like in South Korea, but I know ownership is a bit more strict than here. For example, in the hunting off season, you're not even allowed to keep your gun at home, it has to remain at a police station.

>>30446599
The market is really limited. Basically the majority of people who bother at all are hunters living outside of cities. It's mostly old men but I heard the most growing population of hunters is young women.

You don't have to hunt and can go through the whole process to just skeet or clay pigeon shoot inside the city, but as you can imagine the people who want to skeet shoot so badly that they are willing to go through all of that trouble and money are not many.
>>
>handguns are basically banned
Couldn't they just have a magazine limit, or restrict ownership to revolvers or break action handguns?
>>
>>30446599
>country of the samurai
>where swords, pikes, halberds and shit were bant from civilian ownership since 1603
>where you need to have a permit to own a fucking sword. In 2016

Well at least I can buy a spoon in a convenience store without showing my
>>
>>30446657
/my ID
>>
>>30446584
>one shot per barrel
Is there a limit on the number of barrels? Because if not, they need to import some guns from Austria/Germany/Switzerland. Countries around the world have experimented with many-multi-barrel guns, but only our Bavarian brethren have made them into functional hunting pieces. Pic is a fünfling (fünf=5).
>>
>>30446725
>literally has 'fun' written in the name
Based Bavarians
>>
>>30446646
Makes me glad to live in Canada of all places. I can walk into a store, show them my licence and buy most types of shotguns and rifles. If I feel lazy, I can even order online from any gunshop in the country and have them ship directly to my house.
>>
>>30446458

Are there any laws regulating suppressors?
>>
>>30446764
>ship FFL items directly to your house
Shiiiieet
>>
>>30446458
>>30446584
>>30446646
Proud to be an American!
>>
>>30446735
Sure looks fun. 10 ga over-middle-under, 20ga/12ga side-by-side. They also make rifle/shotgun combos. Basically, if you can afford one, you can have it customized however you see fit.
>>
File: hammertime.jpg (94 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
hammertime.jpg
94 KB, 1920x800
>>30446657
Just get a hammer then
>>
>>30446821
No need for an FFL and access to grenade launchers and cannons (no "sporting use" rule for anything over .50cal) are literally the only advantages Canada has over USA. Unfortunately we are cucked for maglimits, handguns, and carrying handguns (unless they are over 150 years old and antiques, then you can open carry).
>>
>>30446725
Those barrels are making me so hard right now, holy shit
>>
>>30446458
If you dont mind, i have been interested in Japanese culture recently and i watched a few documentaries. But could you answer some question.

You mention that your population is aging, is the government doing anything to at least try to fix it? Are there any plans to accept immigrants? Are the economic consequences of an old population noticeable?

I'm glad you guys arent taking in Pakis and other types of shit but why is the immigration level so low? Isnt it hurting the country?
>>
>>30446458
I heard that katanas are are heavily regulated and that dance clubs are also illegal.
>>
>>30446647
It was determined that a handgun really has no use in society. A rifle and shotgun, they figured, had farm and hunting uses.
>>
>>30447028
>dance clubs are also illegal.
You previously couldn't run a club past 1am but this literally just changed (on June 22)

>>30447009
Immigration is low because the government and to some extent the people don't really want mass immigration. There are economic issues but I think Japan is willing to attempt to address those without just bringing in labour from other places.

World population isn't going to expand forever so it's an issue other countries will have to face at some point.
>>
M1 Carbines were really popular in Japan for a bit. They even made some natively, I think Howa did that. Are they still around or were they all regulated out of existence?
>>
>>30447106
> World population isn't going to expand forever
Tell that to India
>>
File: Tanto Kunimitsu.jpg (119 KB, 847x1500) Image search: [Google]
Tanto Kunimitsu.jpg
119 KB, 847x1500
>>30446458
What kind of process do you need to go through to own a bow?
>>
>>30446894
>unless they are over 150 years old and antiques, then you can open carry

How many people do that? If I ever had to move to Canada, I'd kill myself first, but since we're in the meme realm here let's say I couldn't die I guess I'd get a century and a half old revolver to carry around.
>>
File: treino_kyudo[1].jpg (104 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
treino_kyudo[1].jpg
104 KB, 500x375
If you practice a Japanese martial art. Then it isn't that difficult to get real swords, bows, arrows, naginatas, etc.

I was stationed in japan. The old japanese man that ran the introduction to japan class, that everyone had to take. He made swords, instructed sword technique, and gave demonstrations of him cutting rolled up mats of grass or bamboo logs.

I would see teenagers with their bows and swords on the trains. Because you don't need to guess what the 1.5-2 meter long object in the tube and sheathed in silk is.
>>
>>30446646
>the most growing population of hunters is young women
...is animu real?
>>
File: sabagebu_pv1[1].jpg (39 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sabagebu_pv1[1].jpg
39 KB, 640x360
>>30448047
Sabagebu has an entire story about the girls studying for their firearms and hunting permits.
yet they get turned away at the government office because they aren't old enough.
>>
>>30446458
>give japan a constitution modeled after ours
>don't give them a second amendment
what a mistake we made
>>
>>30448124
Japan wouldn't have ratified it anyways.

The general populace hasn't been armed since the 1500s. When a shogun took everyone's weapons away. To make it harder to overthrow him.
>>
>>30446458
Very restrictive. Guess that's fitting. Not exactly my cup of tea but Japan it's very safe so that's that.
>>
>>30446573
Any pics?
>>
What about the types of rifles you can buy? As long as they are single shot/bolt action anything goes? Could you possible get an AAC Handy Rifle in .300 BLK? How about the process for buying ammo?

It sounds like you are a foreigner living in Japan. Would gun ownership be allowed to foreigners as well? I assume of course only for legal residents and not anyone staying on a visa.
>>
File: 0000000000068990.jpg (147 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
0000000000068990.jpg
147 KB, 640x480
>>30448287
I don't think anything goes. There are even regulations on rifling, at least on shotguns. The Japanese people I know with rifles use either .308 or 30-06, not sure what else you can use.

And yeah you can apply for all this stuff as a non-resident, just with the time it takes not many bother. I think there are literally like under 20 foreigners here with guns, or at least hunting permits.

>>30448262
I don't know of any real gun stores nearby, but one called UNCLE sells metal modelguns. Not really airsoft, they are actually closer to real guns than fakes, but still no projectiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVnxf1O7Jrk
>>
Due to the usual farm society use of shotguns I figured that most farmers can get one.

What about rifle calibers. The only thing i really have seen culture wise about hunting with rifles in japan was an old school 60s movie about a bear hunter with a match lock or flintlock.

What are the primary rifle calibers in japan? Just hunting stuff?

I imagine its the same rural farming caliber uses or do some Rich business men go safari hunting outside?

.22lr, .270, 30-06 to safari stuff ?

It would be cool if you guys use the stuff like .243, 22-250. and those other stuff.

I imagine japanese ammo usage sort of like at a bass pro or k mart back int the day.

In the old Japanese iron chef there were quite a few "game" chefs but i guess thats from the french euro influences.
>>
>>30448584
here
>>30448502
interesting. Kind of figured it would be the usual .308 30-06 for hunting.
>>
From what I remember being told about Japanese gun laws.

you have to tell the police when you are taking your guns from your safe to range or woods.

must account for every spent shell or casing.

police can show up at any time to inspect your gun safe.
>>
>>30448502
>There's a store in Japan called "UNCLE" that sells prop guns

I feel like I should be more surprised.
>>
File: sabage.jpg (165 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sabage.jpg
165 KB, 1280x720
>>30446458
How can I join a Sabage-bu?
>>
>>30448625
>police can inspect

probably for the proles.

I bet if youre some powerhouse CEO like they used to be in the 90s they would be bowing the shit out to ya and merely a formality bs unless youre in some corruption investigation by some higher up govt org not some podunk police.

Kind of like rising sun with sean connery and wesley snipes.
>>
>>30448625
I'm not sure about the last line, but the rest is true. You have to tell them when you fired a round.

Though I don't know if that's crazily enforced. Most of the hunters in the north reload their own ammo and I don't know if they call the police every 3 days to say they shot a deer, but who knows.
>>
>>30446458
Why can't you do competitive shooting with rifles?
Even in Europe you can say you want a semi auto 7.62mm rifle for competitive shooting and get it (ofter paying a lot money to your nice government)

How come Japan doesn't accept competitive shooting as a sporty even though it's a fucking isolated island?
>>
>>30448721
How is Japan isolated exactly?
>>
>>30448737
very isolated. look up paris syndrome.

>it this africa?
>>
>>30448721
because the isolated island of japan is stridently pacifistic after a certain world war and some nasty things they did.
>>
>>30448748
If you have any numbers suggesting than Japanese have less exposure to the world than average, go ahead and link them.
>>
From what I remember about Japanese knife laws.

you are allowed like a 1.5 inch non locking blade. like you find on a tiny swiss army knife or nail clipper.

anything else is not allowed with out good cause.

so you need an excuse like
>taking home from a store
>need it for work and you are currently on the job
>getting it sharpened.
>you practice an armed martial art. have the right papers. taking it to the dojo, home, or to a demonstration.

They wouldn't even let us US Soldiers go off base with a leatherman in our TA50. Always telling us to snap the blades off. Even when we were going by bus or army vehicle between bases.
>>
>>30448786
hey shin chan don't take it personal. I aint korean.
>>
>>30448018
I thought carrying real swords was illegal, or are these kendo sticks?
>>
>>30450823
regulated

you have martial arts like iaido and tameshigiri
>>
>>30448755
Weapon control in Japan is way fucking older than WW2.
>>
What are self-defense laws like nipland

Like if some blade welding manic invade your home with the express intent to kill everyone in your home and you manage to gun him down in time to save your waifu

Would you lose your gun ownership and be arrested?
>>
File: 1442211946636.png (83 KB, 790x773) Image search: [Google]
1442211946636.png
83 KB, 790x773
>be hapa
>tfw want to live in Japan
>don't want to give up my guns
>>
>>30448584
I remember some Japanese guy's youtube channel where he's reloading .308 for his bolt rifle. Forgot his name.

He has a daughter that likes outdoor type stuff and is seen chopping wood and deep frying crickets to eat.
>>
>>30448721
>Why can't you do competitive shooting with rifles?

You can, but you have to join a rifle association and pass shooting tests, then you can buy a rim fire 0.22 rifle.

If you want larger caliber non-hunting rifle, you need to do that anyway and go to meetups for a couple of years and get a recommendation later and pass more strict score tests.
>>
File: 1337577775381.png (300 KB, 1711x2492) Image search: [Google]
1337577775381.png
300 KB, 1711x2492
>>30448502
Did you see an eggplant shaped man shopping there?
>>
>>30450998
I didn't go inside, I think because of how unique the store is they don't want idiots walking in and out all day sugoiing so you can't go out without the intent to buy something.
>>
>>30448502
Do you know what these cap gun things are called? Seems kind of interesting if its a replica of a gun I have zero chance of ever owning and if they're mechanically correct to the original
>>
>>30446725
>fünfling
>flings fun at a high velocity at targets
>>
>>30451041
I'm not that anon but

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/Gas_Blow_Back_Pistols_Inokatsu_Inokatsu_SIG_SAUER_P226_Rail_CNC_Steel_CO2_Version.htm

>P226 replica
>$1,300
>>
File: kohta hirano.png (446 KB, 644x366) Image search: [Google]
kohta hirano.png
446 KB, 644x366
>>30446458

Damn that's a lot of money and red tape and totally unnecessary crap right there.

But it makes sense why so many Japanese tourists flock to the local gun range here in AZ and slam down hundreds of dollars to go shooting.
>>
>>30451079
Not a CO2 operated gun. The other guys link showed a mini14 that would fire odd handload snapcap rounds and actually cycle the action/eject the casing
>>
>>30451121
I worked at a golf course in Washington in high school and would see tourist agency buses full of Japanese coming here just to golf. Apparently the lack of land means the few golf courses they do have are incredibly expensive and prestigious
>>
>>30450976
he has two channels, virtuovice for english videos and JPSikaHunter in japanese
>>30448584
sika deer can get quite large, and there's also brown bears, but japanese tend to be recoil-averse (no magnums) so biggest cartridge used is usually 30-06 with 165-180gr bullets. 308 with 150gr is most common though. probably a few 270 and 7mm08 rifles here and there but 30 cal is king. bullets must be lead free as well to protect bird species. euro rifles brands like blaser, sauer, mauser, sako are most common. savage bolt action shotguns with rifled barreling seem fairly popular as well. ammo is expensive, most guys handload their own.
>>
File: 12219106_1.jpg (35 KB, 1200x299) Image search: [Google]
12219106_1.jpg
35 KB, 1200x299
what about black powder guns? any rules on those?
>>
>>30447206
Howa didn't make them for Japanese civilians. They were made for their military and I also think the Thai? Military.
>>
>>30448502
>strike Bitches poster

Color me surprised
>>
>>30451169
Huh. The same situation here in Scottsdale, land of many golf courses in the middle of the desert
>>
File: 1459029115570.jpg (120 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1459029115570.jpg
120 KB, 800x600
How about Chile's gun laws?

The most basic licence allows you to own a handgun (revolver or semiautomatic) or a shotgun for home defence, though you can only buy 300 rounds a year and aren't allowed to take it outside your home. There's no magazine nor caliber limits, but stuff like .50ae deagles and .500 s&w don't make it though the import filter (too scary).

To get your gun you first need a psychologist to fill a form saying you're mentally sane, and then take a test on gun safety and law. After that, you're allowed to buy the gun and take it home.

In order to own a rifle, for sport or hunting you need to follow the same steps mentioned earlier but additionally need to be either registered in a authorized shooting club or be a hunting licence holder. Then you're allowed to own up to 8 guns of any category, and up to 3000 rounds per gun, and transport you gun (in a locked container within a private vehicle) to hunting grounds or your shooting club. Semi auto center fire rifles are a no-no, so you can't own AR-15 here, but some people get around by modifying glocks with silly stocks and carbine conversions, and also using .410 semi-auto shotguns.

Carry licences are very rare, there are less than 50 people in Chile with a carry licence.

it isn't so bad though, when buying a gun the staff will handhold you through every single step and for a fee they'll also register you in the gun club conveniently affiliated to the store, and since all shooting ranges are in a single federation taking your gun to any shooting range is allowed. Also clubs are allowed to sell ammo that doesn't add to your yearly limit.
>>
>>30451041
>>30451154
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modelguns

You can see some stock and prices here
http://uncle-shop.com
>>
>>30451254
Parents live in Peoria, golf courses everywhere, old folks driving their golf carts down to the corner street because there's a rite aid or Walgreens on every single corner.
>>
>>30451169
>Man, the golf courses here in Japan are so expensive, whatever shall I do?...
>I know! I'll fly to America just to play some golf!
Nips are a strange people
>>
>>30451337
Supposedly its cheaper
>>
For some perspective, a quick run down on how to purchase a shotgun in the UK.

>fill out application form for shotgun certificate, find someone of good character that has known you for at least two years in a professional capacity to countersign, pay ~$100
>undergo criminal background check
>supply details on where and how shotgun will be stored
>police officer visits your home and inspects storage arrangements (lockable cabinet securely bolted to a wall)
>assuming they're happy with your setup and reasoning for wanting to possess a shotgun, they report back to your local chief of police and grant the certificate
>entire process can take several months, certificate is valid for five years, renewal costs ~$75 and essentially repeats the entire process

Now you can actually purchase a shotgun!

>capacity restricted to 2+1
>minimum 24 inch barrel
>every shotgun must be listed on your license including date, place, and proof of purchase
>certificate must be presented to purchase ammunition

I feel you, Jap buddies. I live in a country where being friends with a convicted criminal on Facebook is grounds for revocation of a license thanks to "demonstrable connections with members of the criminal fraternity."
>>
>>30451337
We live in a world where shellfish caught in Canada are routinely shipped to China to be cleaned and processed before being shipped back since it's both cheaper and faster than doing it in their place of origin. When you think about it that way flying to a different country to play golf doesn't sound so strange.
>>
File: 1466443788948.jpg (63 KB, 563x844) Image search: [Google]
1466443788948.jpg
63 KB, 563x844
I'm suprised there are gun stores, plural, in Japan with that kind of totalitarian bullshit. How do they actually make money.

>Look, Kenji, we have a customer this week!
>Hello, I have just reciever my dose of anal rape from the police and have paid half my monthly salary in good will to show I am a good little citizen. I have come to buy 20 shotgun shells, if you please. Here are my documents.
>Thank you that will be 500 billion yen and another 500 thousand for us to amend your documents.
>Oh boy, Kenji, now we can afford cup noodles this week. We won't have to mix the newspaper we collect with water and make porridge! We'll probably have 1,000 yen left after we pay all this tax to the government so they allow us to operate out murderstore!
>>
File: yukko_existential_crisis.png (823 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yukko_existential_crisis.png
823 KB, 1280x720
>>30451430
>mfw fail the first hurdle
>>
>>30451217
>but japanese tend to be recoil-averse (no magnums)
I seem to recall they loaded their 6.5mm and 7.7mm Arisaka rounds to very low pressure as well during the War. At least their rifle ammo.
>>
>>30451217
>JPSikaHunter
>virtuovice

Thanks for sharing.

There was a japanese guy who lives here in America who had a wide variety of guns and would speak in japanese but not be on camera. Used to have him subbed. Probably shut off his channel. Seems like all the channels I subbed to with kanji or hirigana in them vanished. .
>>
>>30451276
I'd like to see pics of these if have any links to chili websites for guns.
>>
>>30452122
>http://uncle-shop.com
Both japan and skorea were "overseen" by western countries. Skoreans are pretty large now.

What is it about them adopting a western diet that the japanese have failed to do so? Prices? Cooking cultures?

both cultures enjoy and have their own tech industrys. Why arent we seeing any big ass japs besides pro wrestling and sumo?
>>
>>30452122
they used reduced recoil loadings in their howa type 64, 7.62 nato rifles as well. they used a muzzle velocity of 2300fps rather than 2800fps. not sure if bullet weight was the same.
>>
>>30446458
>after 10 years of shotgun ownership, you can apply for a rifle
lol

I bet it's because the govt knows Japan has high proportion of elderly citizens so they won't live long enough to even apply for that permit.

I'm from Poland and the whole process looks quite similiar, except it's a lot less restrictive and allows you to won pretty much everything murricas can own without a tax stamp.

There are 3 types of permits (actually there are more but those are the most common ones, the rest is pretty niche): Hunting, Sporting, Collector.

I can talk in detail about the sporting one since it's the one I'm applying for right now.

First you need to become a memeber of any club.

After 3 months of membership you can take a test (theory about the gun laws and shooting) to get a shooting license (basically like a driving license, it's just official proof that you know your shit well enough). You can have a handgun/rifle/shotgun license or any combination of those 3.

After getting your shooting license you need to apply for yet another license that allows you to take part in competitions (no tests, it's just paperwork)

After you get that license you need to take part in at least 4 competitions, +2 for every other shooting license you have (for example if your license is for handguns only it's 4 starts, if handgun/rifle it's 6, if all of them it's 8)

After at least 4 starts you can fill a form about the gun(s) you want, get a locker, that's it.

The standard is you can own 3 centerfire and 3 rimfire guns, but you can own more if you ask for it and give a good reason (which is not that hard)

You can own anything as long as it's <.50 and your license allows for it. No suppressors though.
>>
>>30448083
>female
>dual-wielding deagles
>deagles

bitch got big fuckin hands for a female
>>
>>30451337

It's a social thing. Due to high land costs golf resorts in Japan are extremely expensive and thus they're very exclusive. Playing golf is a sign you've joined the jet-set. Playing golf in another country makes you feel like a king at a twentieth of the price.
>>
File: Gintama-Gintoki-Face.png (247 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
Gintama-Gintoki-Face.png
247 KB, 620x300
>>30446458
>>30446458
MFW the first 4 years of my life was spent there
MFW burgerfied 18 years later
MFW the few memories I have of that place were
Small farm
Raw egg over rice
Dad having a snub revolver hidden under rice crackers
And (rip) gramps who went hunting with his bolt action out on the mountains behind the farm
And other irrelevant shit
>>
>>30452286
>Playing golf makes you feel like a king
Not really.
I get how some could
>>
>>30451430
Meanwhile, I have friends who have committed felonies, but I can just walk into a store and get a handgun in about 5 minutes, depending on how fast NICS is running.

Although if you wanna get a weapon in 5 minutes, you need to know exactly what you want and they need to have it, and it can't be some ambiguous shit. Better if it's something odd, or the dealer might (rightfully) think "this nigger just wants to kill somebody."

The US is almost the baseline, lads. Perfect wpuld be treating firearms like a pencil or some soap: sell to a child, should it seem reasonable to someone with some sense in his head.
>>
>>30452266

How about full auto?
>>
>>30451430

goddamn it UK, 1984 was supposed to be satire, not a fucking guidebook on how to run your country
>>
>>30452339
Technically possible if you are a collector, but it's a hassle and you need to find a range that allows full auto and those are pretty damn rare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0oFl3kEaGQ
>>
>>30452302
You know you wish you could go back and experience the world of your early childhood with an adult perspective.
>>
>>30446821
Having a license system can have its perks.
>>
>>30452302
>having a snub in japan
REEEEEEE

I've reported you to the Tokyo Police.
>>
>>30452358
>>30452358
Your milk mafia should be regulated.
>>
>>30452266
>wake up poland.jpeg

Are you a tradesmen? plumber?
>>
>>30452349
Assuming the farm isn't run down by now and dad didn't sell off everything for a weekend at pachinko and beer
>>30452367
Doubt the cops would want to do anything else but gamble with local yakuza
>>
>>30452400
>dad was a banished yakuza

shamfur.
>>
>>30452388
No, near the end of my first year on uni right now.

I'm heavily thinking about dropping out and working in a gun store or as an instructor on the range though, after that year I don't feel like academic life is for me.

Why?
>>
>>30452411
just tending the memes poland san. Sorry. Thought you would get it.
>>
>>30452419
Right, I need more sleep.
>>
>>30452409
More like drunken farmboy, but I'll never know.
>>
European Caliphate, 2025

Here's what you'll need to purchase a semi-automatic rifle with fixed stock and fixed magazine of not more than 10 round capacity, or to purchase a handgun with a capacity of less than 20 rounds:

- Proof that you are older than 18 years old.
- Twelve months of consecutive membership in an official Caliphate-sanctioned Madrassa (1200 Euro-Dinars for twelve months).
- Proof that you went shooting at least 12 times in the last 63 working days (must be sanctioned by the club's Great Mufti) and that you follow Ramadan.
- Proof that you need a gun own gun for hunting and/or competition (must be sanctioned by the club's Qadi).
- Clean Caliphate-wide criminal record extract (100 Euro-Dinars from your national Janissaries HQ).
- Positive psychological evaluation (100 Euro-Dinars, in a Caliphate political reeducation center).
- Positive medical evaluation (100 Euro-Dinars, in a Caliphate health center).
- Pass an official shooting exam at the national Sipahi Headquarter where theory (religion and politically correctness) and practice (hit three 2.5cm diameter targets at 50m, unsupported and using only iron sights within 10 seconds) are tested.
- Proof that you purchased a gun safe (500 Euro-Dinars at Leroy-Mahmoud).
- Proof of the correct installation of the said gun safe by a specially trained worker (according to the infamous DIN - Deutsch-Islamische-Norm).
- Positive evaluation of your gun safe and its installation by the Caliph's Janissaries.

Joining a shooting club requires.

- Clean local criminal record (50 Euro-Dinars).
- Positive psychological evaluation (100 Euro-Dinars).
- Positive medical evaluation (100 Euro-Dinars).

Total cost: About 2200 European Dinars, not counting the gun's price (which will include a 350% solidarity tax).
>>
>>30451430
yet you can seamless steel tubing & 12guage blanks with no checks at all...
>>
Sounds just like Germany
>>
My reaction as a canuck to this thread is mixed.
>all those regulations
Oh man, by comparison, we have it pretty good! Poor bastards.
>one animal per sex PER DAY
Jesus tittyfucking christ. Yes please.
>>
>>30446458
>you're allowed one animal per sex per day or something
There's a furry joke in here somewhere
>>
>>30451121
>>30451169
US military bases in japan have golf courses. Japanese are allowed to use them. Very popular because it is way cheaper for them.
>>
>>30451217
>>30451217
>>30451217
Need to check out his channels more but I hope he has awesome Japanese game recipes on his channel too.
>>
>>30452588
need a manga than doujins about SoL life about japanese people using US military golf courses.

Than we have the SHONEN tournament brackets.
>>
>>30446458
Any idea what kind of weapons yakuza use and how often they have firearms ?
>>
>>30448148
We forced women's suffrage down their throats, so why couldn't write have done the same with guns?
>>
>>30452636
1911s colt pythons from what i learned in beat takeshi movies and like every other asian country they get their guns from the EVIL , RUTHLESS, BROWNER Asians from thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Pretty funny how hong kong, japan, korea crime movies always go to those brown asian countries.

Saw a slav in a korean mafia movie once.
>>
>>30452670
guns aren't folded thousands of times in their legendary forges you round eye.
>>
Any restrictions on the shotguns and rifles?

Magazine sizes, calibre, self-loading, etc.?

I think I remember reading about an American living in Japan having a Browning Auto-5.
>>
>>30446458
Suddenly, Norway feels like gun-laws heaven.
>>
>>30452302
>Raw egg over rice
That's the stuff. Especially if you pour a couple drops of soy sauce into the mess.
>>
File: a5KbBZO_460s.jpg (21 KB, 255x231) Image search: [Google]
a5KbBZO_460s.jpg
21 KB, 255x231
>>30450983
>after passing multiple tests
>paying a lot of money
>buying a huge fucking safe
>buying a shotgun
>keeping it and doing nothing suspicious with it for 10 years
>joining another gun association
>doing yet another test
>paying more money
>passing the test
>you are finally allowed to own a .22 lr rifle
>which probably isn't even semi auto
>a 5 shot bolt action .22

Wake me up
>>
>>30452636
the one yakuza related shooting I remember from when I was in Japan.

>former yakuza guy eating in a Denny's
>some guy just walks up to him at the table and shoots him
>police later find the shooter dead in his car at an industrial lot, from an apparent "self inflicted gun shot wound".
>>
>>30452094
probably ammo sales and police / security stuff
Or they also sell edgelord shit and gun is just a side business
>>
>>30452636
The yakuza gets its firearms from different sources. Old guns used in South-East Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, Philippines, Thailand, Myanmar), home-made guns (Philippines), Russian and Chinese guns (int. arms trade). There's probably also some South-American connection (lots of Japanese in Brazil and Peru).
>>
>>30452852
What's with the Philippines and their gun culture?
>>
>>30452859
Take a pic.
>Tribal Macho culture where every man had a weapon.
>Spic Macho culture where every man had a weapon
>Americanization and their gun culture.
>>
>>30452859
? used to be you could have anything before modern politics and media started getting involved.

>that one flip anons gpa that was a ww2 vet and court judge that had a safe full of everything.
>dies
>police take it all

Shameful.
>>
>>30450944
probably you will lost your gun, and also need good lawyer
>>
File: tfwnowaifu.jpg (13 KB, 300x360) Image search: [Google]
tfwnowaifu.jpg
13 KB, 300x360
>>30448018
>tfw no qt traditionnal japanese archer waifu.
>>
>>30448083
I remember some jackasses on ANN gave this show bad reviews specifically because the show was gun-centric and the reviewers were anti-fun. They literally said so in their reviews.
>>
>>30453056
cant help people with mental issues bro. Just keep on keeping on with the waifus.
>>
>>30446458
As long as I could own a bolt-action, I'd be okay living there.
>>
File: sarin_gas_attack_cleanup.jpg (115 KB, 750x487) Image search: [Google]
sarin_gas_attack_cleanup.jpg
115 KB, 750x487
>Guns, swords, and archery is heavily restricted
>nutcases can manufacture sarin without issue

i wonder what their stance on the Ghost Gunner is
>>
File: Bxr32Zm.jpg (44 KB, 750x744) Image search: [Google]
Bxr32Zm.jpg
44 KB, 750x744
>>30453056

Weeaboo faggots being anti-gun pansies and armchair slacktivists? Color me surprised!

Solving the gun violence, one negative Japanese cartoon review at a time. It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it (for free)
>>
>>30451067
Jesus muh sides.
>>
>>30452498

But then how will people do Jihad Fisabililah?
>>
File: 3D_Guns.jpg (98 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
3D_Guns.jpg
98 KB, 950x534
>>30453153
Well, there was some Jap that got a billion years in prison because he 3D printed a working revolver
>>
>>30452124
Maybe Daijiro357?
>>
>>30452852
>>30453153
Wasn't there some video made by vice where they showed yakuza affiliates making their own pistols from scratch in secluded forests
>>
Anyone got any clue as to what's the main sellers in Japan?
>>
So jap if your still here or any person from a nation were guns are restricted. What would happen if you used these weapons in self defense? Hell lets spice it up and say the guy broke in with intent to kill. And if thats not enough what if someone broke in killed someone in your family and was coming for you? Would you still be in trouble if ya shot him?
>>
Japanese are probably used to 1,000 pieces of red tape for everything they do so they're not even phased by this process
>>
>>30453929
Gun has to be in one safe, bolt has to be in another, and ammo has to be in a third, so it would be hard to get to that point
>>
So that's interesting and everything, but what about the black market? Is there one? How accessible is it?
>>
>>30446641
>military culture
They don't have one really. People have their head so far up their asses with pacifism that they'll take it up the ass if another government comes and conquer them. The only military culture they have are from the shut ins.
>>
>>30447038
Whatever, when hillary tries to ban handguns or large capacity magazines I'll just increase my caliber. 338 semi auto with 10 round mag will ruin somebodies life.
>>
>>30454866
What does that even do? If the owner was gonna do something he has all the time to get the pieces and shoot someone. If a thief has the means of getting through one safe he cant probably get through all 3. All it serves to do is slow down the owner in an emergency. But still lets just say you do put together your gun and shoot someone how much is the law stacked against you?
>>
>>30447038
>They don't believe handguns have uses in self defense, and in hunting and farming
Disgusting
>>
>>30447958
I have an antique Webley Mark I in .455. You can only carry it where it is legal to discharge it so no city carry unfortunately. Also open carry of any firearm is the only legal form of carry without a permit. The awesome side? You can carry a nonrestricted long gun anywhere (including on public transportation and just walking down the street) as long as you are transporting it to a place that is legal to use it. The only catch is it has to be unloaded and especially in the city you will probably have to deal with the cops.
>>
>>30450998
Nah, he goes to a different store, Chicago something...
>>
>>30453153
>sarin gas
That's what Umbrella wants you to think.
>>
>>30455291
Hey I have that U.S.S patch!
>>
>>30448502

passed a gun shop in akihabara, looked disorganized like this. Owner didn't even greet me.
>>
What about airguns? Do you really have to go to such extends just for a pellet rifle?

>>30452130
target.cl

Most gun shops have really crappy websites. That's the best one.
>>
>>30448502
>Metal Model Guns
Can the be converted to fire live rounds?
>>
>>30455831
Likely not. Most I've seen were made with zinc or nickel. Doubt they'd handle the pressures of anything over .32. Wouldn't be surprised if they were chambered slightly larger/smaller than their real counterparts, too
>>
File: 1452793370076.jpg (50 KB, 473x395) Image search: [Google]
1452793370076.jpg
50 KB, 473x395
>>30446725
How the hell did the bavarians lost the civil war having such weapons?
>>
>>30456518
because DUDE CASTLES LMAO
>>
File: 1.jpg (318 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
318 KB, 1000x1500
This isn't really about gun laws but as you may know, Japanese people get reaaaallly into whatever hobby or craft or career they take up, and as such all of the air gun / survival game people go nuts with the tacticool gear despite never touching a real gun. Pic related.

>>30453929
>>30454866
>>30454994
>Would you still be in trouble if ya shot him?
There's not a similar concept of self-defense to the US in Japanese law. I've never heard of a situation where someone broke into a house and a person managed to get their gun out to defend themselves, but if that did happen and you actually shot the intruder, you'd probably be charged with something IF they were unarmed. Even if they entered your house with a gun and you didn't have one, if you stole their gun and then shot them, I think Japanese law might skew towards that person being unarmed and thus you doing something wrong. Depends on the specific circumstances I guess. It sounds insanely rare anyway.

>>30454869
>but what about the black market? Is there one? How accessible is it?

There's definitely one but I don't plan to go anywhere near it.

>>30455440
>Owner didn't even greet me
These shops are a rarity so they probably get a lot of people coming in and not buying anything. Couple that with being in touristland akiba, and the shop being disorganized meaning the guy was probably old and semi-unprofessional to begin with, no surprise at the lack of greeting.

>>30455461
>What about airguns?

If you mean like airsoft guns those aren't regulated. If you mean .22lr sport target rifles or whatever, those are ones you need a license for.

>>30455831
I think the earliest production ones could if you created some parts yourself. As another anon said the newer ones are more regulated and are only made of zinc and have closed barrels and etc. so not those.
>>
What types of guns are allowed is it only double barrel shotguns amd single shot .22
>>
>>30458424
I don't know the limits to what you can own, but no to both of those. I saw someone with a remingston 870 but they had to have some of the rifling removed to comply with law (?) and if you are hunting you can have larger caliber rifles, though it's easier to get a .22 for sport shooting.
>>
Glad to see this kind of thread, /k/ always needs more internal gun owners.
>>
>>30458509
>internal

Glad I'm not the only one who keeps a small pistol embedded in my legmeat.
>>
>>30458518
>He doesnt have an arm that turns into a rifle
Get with the times grandpa.
>>
>>30458531
Since this thread is about Japan, they turn into Katanas.
>>
File: 1444510245258.png (107 KB, 450x443) Image search: [Google]
1444510245258.png
107 KB, 450x443
>>30446458
>You're allowed to buy a shotgun for hunting, and after 10 years of shotgun ownership, you can apply for a rifle.

Hahaha
>>
>>30458518
Heh

*international gun owners
>>
>>30458559
Meanwhile in America at least in the non commies states
>I would like to buy all your rifles
>Yep your not a convicted felon enjoy
>>
So, how hard do you guys think it'd be to smuggle in personal firearms and ammo?
I mean like 2 duffel bags worth of each?
Would I have to travel by boat?
>>
File: iamhero2.jpg (538 KB, 600x837) Image search: [Google]
iamhero2.jpg
538 KB, 600x837
>>30446458
Are you a hero OP?
>>
>>30458599
I dont doubt you could do it of course if you tried to sell them you would first get caught and second piss of the Yakuza who deal in them. And good luck trying to use an illegal gun for anything.
>>
>>30458630
I assume semi-automatics are legal, I remember Hideo having a Benelli M3 on his next purchase.

And the mangaka went to great lengths explaining the difficulties of Japanese gun ownership.
>>
>>30450945

only hapa females can be rightfully called hapa, you're just Elliott Rodger
>>
>>30458599
air travel would be too difficult.

even if you put the guns in with airshit guns. they love to be thorough when dealing with baka gaijin.

I don't know what their sea port customs is like. Though imagine it is equally competent.

so you have to mail that shit in air tight packaging. broken down and mixed with other stuff. so the x ray machines don't see them as guns and ammo.
>>
>>30458599
>take ship there
>smuggle bags on board
>guns inside waterproof bags inside the duffel bags
>throw overboard when approaching shore
>sign on with a fishing vessel, convince them to drag their net over where you dropped the bags
>bring them back in the fish
>????
>get arrested as soon as you try to sell them and go to Japanese prison, which is either probably like really regimented daycare or fucking horrible, not sure.
>>
>>30459857
It's definitely really fucking horrible.
>>
File: 1466859567370.gif (3 MB, 256x199) Image search: [Google]
1466859567370.gif
3 MB, 256x199
>>30459928
>yfw Unit 731 continues to operate in Japanese prisons.
>>
File: 2d85cde2.jpg (181 KB, 1362x696) Image search: [Google]
2d85cde2.jpg
181 KB, 1362x696
Can't believe no one has posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g1KiqGjBhI
>>
>>30459998
He's not wrong. You go to jap prison and you're lost in a black hole.
>>
>>30459857
Japanese prisons areally not nice places. You spend all day working in a factory.
>>
>>30460195
Why does so little of this involve shooting?
>>
>>30460250
tell us about jap prison anon

also, >>30460195
what is up with those empty shells anyway?

Ring of brass around outside of bottom, and near the primer pocket, but the middle section of the base looks plastic
>>
>>30446458
The amount of hunters, because of aging population, has gone down a lot, so particularly up north there are way too many wild animals. I think at the moment for deer or boar you're allowed one animal per sex per day or something.

Wait, WHAT?
>>
>>30460400
Nevermind, I'm an idiot, I misread it as that you're only allowed to fuck one animal a day.
>>
>>30446725
>YOUR MOVE, MR. LAW-MAN
>>
File: Nagao Mariya.gif (2 MB, 358x201) Image search: [Google]
Nagao Mariya.gif
2 MB, 358x201
>>30460296
Because it's about the whole process and the fact that a cute girl is doing it.
>>
>>30446479
From a psychiatrist? Perhaps not free.
>>
>>30446542
No: they have vending machines for guns, right next to the "Pocari Sweat" and school-girl's panties.
>>
>>30446599
If I was a samurai, I'd still be scared of some Yank with guns. Why NOT be scared?
>>
>>30452094

they probably sell airsoft stuff too. Tacticool is totally legal.
>>
>>30447863
India's fertility rate has been steadily declining since the mid 1960s. It's currently lower than Egypt's and Saudi Arabia's, and not all that far off from France's.
>>
>>30458518
>he doesn't have a skulgun
>laughingaugs.png
>>
>>30460195
Man google translating all those comments, either they're hilariously bad or Japan is that weird. Either wouldn't surprise me
>>
>>30446894
BP isn't regulated in the US. You can do whatever the hell you want as long as it's not smokeless.
>>
How does one pass a shooting test if you don't even have a gun to practice on and familiarize yourself with
>>
>>30446458
backward country backward laws no suprise here
>>
>>30461317
Know people who shoot or be from a rich enough family that you can afford to get to know such people.
Not having been there that sounds like how Japan mostly works in all aspects.
>>
>>30461317
You get one practice run before the real deal, also, the passing requirements for shooting skill are super low. The test is mostly to see if you follow all safety procedures during live fire.
>>
>>30446894
>are literally the only advantages Canada has over USA.

You're forgetting no SBS/SBR laws and a simple "if it's legal here you can import it" system that lets then get a bunch of cool shit.
>>
>>30461317
You only have to hit 3 / 25 to pass.
>>
>>30456565
>>30446725
Beautiful!
Based Bavarians
>>
>>30451121
From what I've heard most jap gun enthusiast just take a trip to Guam whenever they want to shoot some real guns.
>>
Does owning a gun give the police grounds to do a search of your property without a warrant like it does in NYC?
>>
Makes sense, the Japs have never had a popular uprising against an oppressive government nor have they had to defend the homeland from invaders so they don't have the same self defense culture.
>>
>>30463314
No they've had to repel China and Russia a couple times but the culture is that such things are a militaries problem not theirs. Now though I think they lean more on USA-sama.
>>
>>30463337
>No they've had to repel China and Russia a couple times

When the chinks tried to invade Japan they got annihilated by a tsunami, and when Japan fought the Russians it was in Korean occupied territory. So neither situation really counts.
>>
>>30448502
I like that concept, full metal/wood replicas with working guts. Specifically for guns that are too expensive or hard to find
>>
>>30463411
> full metal/wood replicas with working guts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI92hlk0yUU

> tfw want one so bad, but wasting 1000+€ on this just feels stupid

atleast I had a chance to fire a real one once
>>
>>30463526
>> tfw want one so bad, but wasting 1000+€ on this just feels stupid
>atleast I had a chance to fire a real one once

Might as well just get an airshit gun.
>>
>>30463545
> Might as well just get an airshit gun.

those cost enough too
>>
>>30450944
There are no self/home defense laws. You injure/kill a home invader you will be trialed as a criminal.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 290x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 290x210
This article fucking made me rage. But it provides a bit of good info on gun laws.
http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2013/01/06/national/media-national/even-gangsters-live-in-fear-of-japans-gun-laws/#.V3ZOM_TXfCQ
>>
>>30464180
"However, Detective X said police sometimes misuse their weapons: “A few years ago, an officer on duty used his gun to kill himself — clearly non-designated usage, so that’s a crime.” He was charged posthumously to publicly show that even the dead can’t get away with breaking the firearms laws, and to shame his family. It may seem like overkill but it drives home the point."
What the fuck is wrong with Japan
>>
>>30461519
This.
Buying an SVT soon, and am considering buying a few cheapy chinese handguns. Apparently Norinco clones of 1911s, SIGs and CZs are actually not half bad, but cheap enough to play around with and not worry.
Also a shorty shotgun for home defense.
Gonna have it all shipped to my door, unless Canada Post goes on strike like they're threatening.
Fucking posties don't know how good they've got it. They keep striking every year like assholes, everyone's going to switch to couriers.
>Amazon selling guns when? Those bastards somehow get couriers to my door within days, regardless of anything.

And to be honest, Canadian gun law is pretty great. Not American great, but close. I bet we're #2 at least. Basically do a safety course to get a license, then you're pretty much good. Named ban on FALs though, because the laws were written in the 80s and that was "military" at the time. Fucking lame.
>>
>>30463306
Whoaaaa, that's insane! That seems illegal.

>>30464109
Unacceptable. Even in Canada we have castle law. Someone busts into your house, they're obviously not there to crack a beer and chat about the weather.

>>30464345
This feels like a real slap in the face to an already grieving widow. That's fucked up.
>>
>>30463314
>What is the Meiji Revolution?
>>
>>30452094
Sounds pretty plausible
>>
>>30464604
A coup backed by the British government to remove the shogunate. So they could get a more favorable, for trade purposes, government in.
>>
>>30452149
Genetics, Japanese have always been shorter, Chinese call them eastern dwarves.
>>
File: [catdoggrace].webm (568 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
[catdoggrace].webm
568 KB, 960x540
>>30446458
>>30446584
>>30446646
This is great info, thanks m80s.

>>30447009
Japan has historically been isolationist. IIRC there's been a big push from the gov't to entice young people to start breeding again, but they'll probably let a tiny increase of immigrants come in in the near future.
>>
>>30453007
If you're an Aryan god, you can go over there and get one with relative ease.

>>30454194
Have you seen their rubbish-sorting process? It's infuriating.

>>30464345
The only reason why they function as a country is because of their retardedly strict adherence to the rules.
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.