[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/meg/ - Military Enlistment General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 570x850) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 570x850
Make America Great Again edition

>IRC Channel

#MEG on Freenode
If you're on mobile look up AndroIRC for the app. Any questions, ask in the thread to get you set up.

Resources:

>Armyranger.con
For Ranger info, obviously.

>Specialtactics.com
For all AFSOC related info, but the site is currently down. Hoping it'll get back up soon.

>Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

>Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

>http://www.corpsman.com
For Navy Corpsman info.

>http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff. Good site for Marines info too.

>http://www.uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

OP template
http://pastebin.com/sb5Gv1dW

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
http://pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

Which branch are you enlisting/enlisted/considering?
http://strawpoll.me/4671253

Ask questions, answer questions, bitch about Air Force recruiters. Just keep it contained to this general.
>>
Posting my dumbass question again because it didn't get answered in the last thread. I'm doing ROTC when I go to college and I'm hoping to do nutrition or something medical.

When I was like 14 I got in trouble for shoplifting and did an online program to get out of it. Was never arrested and they said they'd clear my record when I turned 18. What's the chance that comes back to bite me later?
>>
How common is it for MEPS to reject people and have the Surgeon General look at everything?
>>
>>30119738
Everyone ITT says to not bring it up whenever someone asks a question like that, so I'd say the same thing

Low chance senpai
>>
>>30119703
Why did you make a new thread the old one was fine?
>>
>>30119738
dont say shit.
>>
>>30119781
What exactly are you asking. When I went to MEPS a week ago everybody was interviewed by a doctor who looked through your medical info and would ask you questions based on what you wrote.
>>
File: byeeveryone.jpg (49 KB, 500x344) Image search: [Google]
byeeveryone.jpg
49 KB, 500x344
>ROTC kiddie
>Planned to go right into fun stuff right out of college
>Looking forward to going into the military
>One more year to go
>Know better than to go in with a significant other
>Meet girl
>She's smart, pretty, funny, and basically awesome
>We're getting serious

Just... tell me it's going to not be awful.
>>
>>30119957
Accept the worst, hope for the best
>>
anyone here have a secret clearance, do they dig into references and call places like they do with top secret or do they just run an FBI backround check and check your credit
>>
>>30119827
It was gonna hit bump limit in 3 posts anyway
>>
>>30120195
I went through a security clearance for 74D. I lied about ADHD, Lyme disease, and some other menial non-mission hindering bullshit; it's been like 3 months now, I'm still good to go for my ship date (June 21), so it looks like all they do is ask whoever your past employers were for a brief run down on you, and see if you've raped anyone I guess. Honestly not sure.

I have a completely clean record though, (not even a speeding ticket), so that may be why they were so lax on me.
>>
>>30120195
Credit check, NAC check
I've never had anyone called
>>
>>30120327
word, i lied about ADHD and broken bones and drug use. most likely trying to lockdown an aircrew contract for USMC so i probably wont need a clearance but if not ill do avionics or com which requires secret clearance.

Id love to do certain MOS's that require a TS clearance but i know better then to sign my ass up for a SSBI
>>
>>30120572

You more worried about the ADHD and broken bones or friends and neighbors ratting you out?
>>
>>30119957
Just don't get married. So when she fucks around you lose nothing by dropping her.
>>
>>30119738
Doesn't matter the DOD background check can see any charges that were brought against you, even if you were a juvenile and had it expunged. Even if the charges were dropped the military sees the class you took as an admission of guilt.
>>
>>30121146
This, aint no point in marrying her this soon, let her prove her loyalty.
>>
>>30119822
>>30119834
Holy fuck, don't listen to this shit.
Read up, and talk to a recruiter without giving your name. They'll answer questions.
If you like what you hear, go talk to another one.
>>
>>30119738
M8 I went to juvy for 3 weeks when I was 17 and just got cleared for a top secret clearance. You're good.
>>
>>30121258
No, they can't. The only instance the DOD needs judicial approval to access expunged material because the material is for all intents and purposes removed from the record. It cannot be held against you. The only instance is in a felony investigation.
>>
>>30121146
This. Also don't get her pregnant or she'll get mad at you for not calling home at the right time and steal your kid.
>>
>>30119957
You're an officer, so already your odds are better but put off marriage until you've been dating for a couple (2-3) years?
>>
>>30119738
Prentend it never happened, if it dose get raised say you were told it was expunged from your record and to never mention it. It's fine to admit you were you did some stupid shit as a kid but have since matured. Assuming you have a stable job and a normal life without any run-ins with cops no one will care what you did in school.
>>
>>30120195
Had them ring my references. However i pulled up 2 red flags during the check process, one was questioning why i had a .uk email address (damn you Microsoft) and the other was the fact a company i previously worked deposited my pay into my account under the franchise owners name not the businesses. Both of these were cleared up in a quick phone call.
>>
Anybody current/former 31B that could give me some insight on the MOS?
>>
Sh-should I?

I'd be airborne.

Should I just start making money instead?
>>
>>30123863
What's your question? Should you go to airborne school?

Also friendly reminder, every answer to any question the military asks you is "no". And don't marry a girl without having gone through a deployment or similar time apart.
>>
Forgot to mention syncopy spell that I had a couple years ago at meps, it is in my civilian medical record.

How fucked am I? My job only requires a secret.
>>
>>30124021
I didn't mention a broken ankle or 8 stitches in my hand, got a secret just fine.
>>
>>30120327

FYI: the investigation for your clearance hasn't started yet.

I'm sure nothing will happen since you're only getting a secret, they only do single scope for that. If I were you I'd turn down any appointments that require a top secret though as you would have to sign a medical release.
>>
>>30122465
Thanks man, that makes me feel better. I don't need a top secret clearance for my job so I'm hoping it doesn't come up.
>>
>>30124028

Yep, I had childhood asthma for a couple years - documented thoroughly, used an inhaler and everything. I joined almost fourteen years ago, didn't say anything about it at meps, had a secret, went back for a commissioning physical in the guard a couple months ago and still nothing.

From what I understand all they do for a secret is a criminal background check.
>>
After reading all these posts, I'm getting that you should avoid getting a top secret clearance unless you're perfect in all aspects since you were born.

What jobs requires top secret? So I know to avoid them.
>>
>>30124523
It's not too difficult to get a top secret
I just hope I don't get a polygraph for my job because I get nervous easily
>>
>>30124523
>unless you're perfect in all aspects since you were born.
Or you told the military about every problem you've ever had and got a waiver for them. So honesty in other words.
>>
>>30124523

Nearly all jobs could "require" a top secret if you're put in a certain position.

As a radar tech I only had a secret, but if I was one of the guys who was made a crptographic handler then I would have had to get a top secret. Everyone in the admin section of my detachment had a top secret because they had to sign out the crypto keys.

Just google whatever jobs you're looking at if you're scared. Military.com and the official site for the branch you're looking at will state what level of clearance it requires.
>>
>>30124642
Seems like a lot of people in these threads consistently suggest the opposite, at least for getting in.

>>30124669
Good to know.
>>
>>30124987

Most of /meg/ are just shitposting kiddies who parrot what other shitposters in retard jobs have said. Never trust anything that an 03xx or 11x says when it comes to the military other than if they are talking about their own job, they are retards and they don't know anything about the military outside of their mos.

Go to reddit if you want legit information online.
>>
>>30124987
Because right now for a lot of people if you tell the truth you won't get in. We're not at war, standards are high.

This translates into people lying about everything, even stuff that really wouldn't matter like stitches or a fractured bone.
>>
I enlisted for NG a little over a week ago, recruiter says I need mil. ID for stuff to go smoother at first drill, how long do I need to wait to get it?
>>
>>30125633
You get it in BCT.
>>
>>30125683
He told me to go to a building in my local city and get it made there. Im on delayed enlistment if that helps
>>
>>30124040
Oh fuck. Why would they wait till so late to do it. They're just wasting more of their own money on me by waiting till the last second to check me. What are the odds they'll dig up the ADHD and Lyme disease shit on me? Do I just deny deny deny?
>>
>>30125697
Are you drilling before basic? NG is weird. Do what your recruiter says to do, get it ASAP.

You'll find very few NG guys on /k/
>>
>>30125833
Yeah I do RSP drilling pre-basic, ship in January. I guess I'll go this week
>>
How hard would be for a murrifat to join a European military?

I like mountains. I like climbing mountains, and I'd like to be paid to climb mountains, even if it means I have to drag an artillery piece up with me.
>>
>>30125982
Then join the 10th mountain division you fucking Benedict Arnold
>>
>>30125697

Well the only place that can make dod id cards is a deers facility on an installation, so I have no idea what the fuck your recruiter is talking about.

You don't drill until you're in the guard. You aren't in the guard, you're in dep, so you don't drill and you don't rate a CAC.

RSP is just a pft. He likely means that he doesn't want to have to fill out sponsorship paperwork to get you on base so you should have your own id, but like I said, since you aren't in the guard you can't get one.

Call your recruiter and ask him to explain himself because nothing he told you makes any sense.
>>
>>30125982

You know you could just join the Air Force and get stationed to Europe right?
>>
>>30126407
NG armories have ID card machines. My wife got one made in a state with no active installations.
>>
>>30126409
I don't think he meant mountains of paperwork.
>>
>>30126420

Pfftt, you don't know how good you can have it man.
>>
>>30125713

They don't care about wasting money. They give a clearance at the end of the investigation because that is how the system is set up, and they also don't know what type of clearance you will rate until you successfully make it through your school.

What you filled out what an sf86 medium, probably through eqip. It isn't a "clearance form" like some of the shitposters in meg think. It is the first step in your process.
>>
>>30126418

Your wife got an id in the guard's deers office?

Cool beans.
>>
Anyone experienced with 19Kiloboom? Might be choosing this MOS very soon
>>
>>30126541
No. My wife's son.
>>
>>30126817
i took my wifes son to applebees yesterday for memorial day
>>
File: America.gif (2 MB, 399x589) Image search: [Google]
America.gif
2 MB, 399x589
Ask an active duty Marine anything
>>
File: 1463005548895.png (388 KB, 1038x1864) Image search: [Google]
1463005548895.png
388 KB, 1038x1864
>>30124669
Any better workouts than this one? Training situps by doing situps never worked for me...
>>
>>30127069
How long have you been?
What do you do?
Do you rever regret not going a different branch?
Been deployed yet?
>>
>>30127069

Why did you choose to join the peacetime military? Active no less.
>>
>>30127115
>Training situps by doing situps never worked for me...
Are you fat? Cause it works for everyone else.
>>
>>30127069
I'm 6'8 380lbs do I stand a chance of passing boot if I drop the weight or would it be a waste of effort
>>
>>30127170
5'11

Weightlifting was, by far, the best thing for increasing my situps.
>>
>>30127069
Are you shorter than 6'0
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 524x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 524x468
>>30126524
Well, fuck. God damn it, why do they actually have to check and see if you're full of shit
>>
>>30127231

Valid question for the attesting whoring anon as my time in the Marine Corps was packed with manlets.

At 6'3" I towered over pretty much everyone I ever met.
>>
>>30127311

Like I said, you'll be fine with your secret, whether you'll be physically fine is another story of course.

Like I have a penicillin allergy. It is common sense that you shouldn't lie about that since one of the first things that happens when you get to boot is you get a big hypo full of penicillin shot into your ass cheek.

I don't know anything about lyme disease and very little about adhd. The only reason anyone would find out about your adhd is if you sperg out a lot and you get forced to go get tested to see what is wrong with you, then they may have you sign a medical release to see if you were hiding anything, that would lead to you getting kicked out and possibly going to jail for fraudulent enlisted... although they usually just kick people out rather than waste money sending them to the brig.
>>
>>30119703
Im almost done with college (1 more semester, 4.5 years 3.03 gpa) and the family buisness is kinda going to shit. Would the af let me cruise in a f35 over syria or the south china sea? Ill need to get my eyes unfucked too but i think they stabalized. Are they even taking new people now? Im getting a buisness/it degree but i hate it and have always been interested in aircraft
>>
>>30124040
What exactly is the Secret clearance entailing?
Would they find any and all police involvement even from a juvenile age? What if you weren't finger printed, etc
>>
Asked in the previous thread but do MA's get a secret clearance? Also what is it like in the reserves as an MA?
>>
>>30127442

Single scope investigation, criminal record, no sealed records.

>>30127378

RPA requirement got lowered to a 2.5 gpa. Dudes who get the rated pilot slots have all 90+ on their afoqt components and above a 3.5 most of the time, as well as way above average pilot scores.

Unless you have an amazing application and afoqt to make up for your mediocre gpa you aren't going to get selected. Still, go for it; you may end up falling through the cracks during a time in which they really need people.
>>
File: spongebob coffee.gif (348 KB, 497x320) Image search: [Google]
spongebob coffee.gif
348 KB, 497x320
>>30119703

I took the ASVAB in 2011 in California. I had told the recruiter a few things I shouldn't have about my medical history and it seemed like it delayed me from ever stepping foot into MEPS.

I am in a different state now, if I went into a recruiter and said I have practically no medical history of anything serious and retook the ASVAB will they think something is up? Meaning if they were to enter my info into their computers will my prior contact with recruiters show on their system? I really don't have anything wrong I just said I went to a psychologist twice and had mole removal on my head. Both of these fucked me as I couldn't really get the proper documentation. If I were to go back to the recruiter I wouldn't even bother bringing that shit up again?

Different state, different recruiter, couple years later. What do?
>>
>>30127565
If you turned in your app, my guess would be yes, especially if you're going for the same branch.

I applied for the AF 2 years ago, got a PDQ, and I recently asked if they had anything on me since I was thinking of reapplying - I got a reply 10 mins after the guy said he'd check saying he found my shit. Again, all I did was submit an application and 2 years ago at that, and he found me with practically zero effort.
>>
>>30127565

No way to tell since you don't know how far he went with your paperwork.

Just try again and see what happens. FYI:99% of shit that is a permanent disqualifier can be found online.
>>
I'm going to see a Navy recruiter soon, my ultimate goal is to be a CT, preferably CTN but if my scores aren't good enough I'm fine with IT or IS.

Question is, what should and shouldn't I lie about? I have no medical/criminal history whatsoever, but I have gotten drunk on a few occasions and tried pot ONCE, the pot incident was witnessed by my sister, she has witnessed me being drunk at least once.

There's obviously no paper trail or anything like that to bust me, so should I just tell the recruiter that I've NEVER done any drugs/drinking in my life?

And then what do I do if I have to get a TS clearance and they interview my family, especially my sister? Do I come clean for that, but lie at MEPS?
>>
>>30128632
"I don't recall"

That's gonna be my go-to answer. Retain plausible deniability.
>>
>>30127565

Call a recruiter and ask them. They might have something on you, he might not.
>>
Is it better to join the AFROTC or join the Academy? What are the benefits and drawbacks of both?
>>
>>30128923

1. Please don't be an attention whoring tripfag.

2. The Academies are free if you can get admitted and are considered to be the equivalent of an Ivy League education. AFROTC can help pay for a degree at whatever institution you want to go to if the Academy doesn't float your boat.

3. Ringknockers usually move up the ranks faster due to being buddy buddy with enough people.
>>
>>30128951
1. Ok
2. Yeah that's what I'm thinking, I probably have a good shot at getting in as long as I don't fuck up my grades.
3. I guess that's a drawback but I'm not overly social anyway.
>>
>>30127536
I answered, i dont know about the reserves cause i was active, but what i do know is that MA is a super shitty rate with terrible jobs and terrible advancement. Unless you want to check IDs for 8 hours a day dont go MA.
>>30128632
Lie fucker, and tell your sister to shut her fucking whore mouth. Would your sister really rat on you?
>>30128659
that sounds shady dont do that.
>Did you ever kill anyone?
>I dont recall
>>30128923
>>30128951
>>30128985
You should only trip if you have already served or are still in.
>>
>>30128659
Polygraphs are mostly yes/no, "I don't remember" isn't a viable answer.
>>
>>30128923
>>30129523
How can you answer yes or no if you don't recall? "To the best of my ability, no I don't believe so... "
>>
>>30129459
did you do anything cool as an MA ?
>>
>>30119957
Pay back uncle sam in cash, get a normal job and make babies.
>>
>>30129543
I wasnt a MA. I just drove past them everyday. All e-4s and below jsut stand gate duty for endless hours at base entrances. There might be some rare ass duty stations where they do semi cool stuff but man thats probably rare as shit. Chances are your first enlistment will be you checking ids non stop. Plus when i was in advancement was awful for them. I would definitely choose something else if i was you. Why is your heart so set on MA?
>>30129523
>>30129540
For fuck sake just say no.
>>
>>30129599
Thanks for the input . I plan on going into the reserves but It looked interesting to me . I have a decent job right now just looking to do something more than just my mundane office job .
>>
>>30129679
>mundane office job
Dude you might as well go active than. But if your heart is set on reserves than maybe MA aint a bad idea idk. Just if you go active id do something else for sure.
>>
>>30129704
Thanks for the advice Ill keep that in mind . If you dont mind what was your rate ?
>>
good books to read while on a plane?
>>
>>30129722
OS2
Operations Specialist. Easily top 3 rates that are on a ship and im not just saying that cause i was one. The advancement was good, the actual job was great imo as well. Plus we could be stationed on any type of ship so we arent limited by our rate/Necs.
>>30129734
9/11 white house report
>>
>>30129734
Low level hell
Sympathy for the devil
Starship Troopers
Night Stalkers
>>
>>30129745
Cool . What kinda stuff did you do?
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 480x726) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 480x726
>>30129745
>ops
>>
>>30129792
Jealous?
>>30129768
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_specialist_(United_States_Navy)
>Operations specialists provide to their shipboard or shore-based command a wide range of technical information and assistance related to anti-surface warfare, anti-air warfare, anti-submarine warfare, amphibious warfare, mine warfare, naval gunfire support, search and rescue operations, radar and dead reckoning navigation, overt intelligence gathering and transmittal, and other matters pertaining to the operations specialist's area. They also have a working knowledge of protocols and procedures in electronic warfare, though this area is normally covered by its own occupational rating, such as cryptologic technician (CT) aboard ship or ashore, or naval aircrewman (AW) aboard specific naval electronic warfare and reconnaissance aircraft.
>>
>>30129839
Lol, ops is the worst buddy. I'd never be jealous of you.
>>
>>30129540

That's just a "no" then. Trying to give a long explanation to a yes/no question on a poly just looks squirrely and suspicious.
>>
>>30129853
According to who? What ship were you on?
Lets see
>Stand watch in cold CiC
>Get off early in port
>Do literally no maintenance
>have great advancement
Wow ya it sure sucks
>>
File: 1404525227790.jpg (50 KB, 408x439) Image search: [Google]
1404525227790.jpg
50 KB, 408x439
>>30129745
>9/11 white house report
>>
>>30129856
We'll duh, I just mean if it ever comes back I'll just say "I don't remember that"

I'm guessing that why most guys get kick out instead of imprisoned, you'd have to do a lot to prove they didn't remember or that it was malicious
>>
>>30129982

Going to jail because you lied on an SF-86 isn't common at all, but coming clean later on a polygraph can definitely grind your career to a halt.
>>
>>30130276
If you're gonna lie you better stick to it. The problem is people backtracking when 'threatened' with jail time.
>>
>>30119703
How hard is it to get 15W?
>>
>>30127368
I wouldn't have enlisted if any of my issues would hinder my ability to carry out an assignment given to me. I fully understand that others' wellbeings are reliant on me, and feel that the shit I lied about A) was misdiagnosed (ADHD) and B) no longer affects me (Lyme Disease)
>>
>>30127330
At 6'3" you tower over almost everyone you meet. The average American male height is five or so inched shorter.
>>
>>30127565
>>30127975
>>30128236
>>30128693
MEPS deletes/destroys records after having them for two years. Please don't try to get advice from 4chan.
>>
>>30120195
They check your credit? Welp...
>>
>tfw 20
>tfw going to join Marine Corps if I don't get the job I recently applied for
>tfw want a infantry contract despite it being peace time
>>
How would one pursue flying helicopters in the Army?
>>
>>30131091
Mostly to make sure you're not a gambling addict or have a huge amount of debt that could be leveraged against you.
>>
>>30131176

Warrant officer. They'll give you a bitch of a hard time at the recruiting office because they hate the extra paper work and I don't think it counts towards their quota. A lot of recruiters point blank refuse to do them.
>>
>>30131202
So would I be offered a guaranteed contract? And (God forbid) what happens if I fail out? Also, do I really need to go to OCS AND WOCS?
>>
>>30131283
>>30131202
I heard someone say Warrant Officer.
>>
>>30131283
>do i really need to go to ocs and wocs
to be an officer you most certainly do. thats like asking if you need to go to bct to be a soldier.
>>
>http://youareanidiot . org/

good site for all wannabe 0311s learned a ton guys
>>
>>30131480

>linking a virus

Goddamn nigga.
>>
Next war so I can enlist and not be bored as shit, when?
>>
>>30131548
actually not a virus that i know of, but yeah even if if it had a virus that would actually sum it up better, thanks bruh
>>
What are the chances of me seeing action if I join now and go infantry..
Do you think I'll be able to kill a haji?
>>
>>30131881
theres always a chance but i wouldnt be suprised if 0311's and 11b's these days completed 4 year enlistments without even shooting at an haji
>>
>>30131064
Pretty bold statement, gonna need a citation on that. Trust me, I really hope this is the case.
>>
File: 1448809546201.png (131 KB, 243x239) Image search: [Google]
1448809546201.png
131 KB, 243x239
is there any place for God in the military?

Will I be ridiculed for my faith?
>>
>>30131932
as long as youre not a fucking mudslime
>>
>>30119703
>tfw sitting on my ass in tech school for 3D
Join the AIr Force they said, Comm Squad is easy they said
>>
>>30131932
You can be a Military Chaplain
>>
>>30131952
what's wrong with being muslim in the military? Jackass
>>
Monthly visit, any questions about Navy boot camp feel free to ask.
>>
File: 1464056486478.jpg (94 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1464056486478.jpg
94 KB, 1000x1000
>>30131984

Theres plenty wrong with being a muslim regardless on if youre in the military or not.
>>
File: 1370325404279.jpg (36 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1370325404279.jpg
36 KB, 640x480
>>30126657
>>30126657
>>
>>30131932
absoulutly not, ton of RC and more out there.. trust me, theres so many different people itll be fine. Now if you refuse to swear and fuck strippers... well then you might be outa luck. But plenty of my boys went to mass every week and prayed. grunt btw. but then again we got drunk everynight and fucked midgets off POF. so that sums up that
>>
Anyone here know anything or have any experience with MEPS disqualification for the military. Im almost positive what i received was a pdq but im not sure. Its been two years, but i want to try again. I was dq'd for hearing loss, possible allergy to pennecilin, and possible psych issues, simply from high school suspentions, and those were just class clown deals. Is there any way to work around this and try to requalify. I plan looking into ear surgery and an allergist visit for the pennicilin. And ill keep the other imformation to myself too. But if ive been dq'd can any of it be waivered?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>30132389
>no pic therfore ofcourse its unrelated

uhm desu your situation sounds abnormal. Physc issues from HS suspensions seems like there is more there. You can try again. I got Dqd the first time for a perf ear drum and got letters from doctors saying it healed and got through. My ear was fucked up enough though only an ENT could really eval it. Penecilian wont make a difference I knew a ton of guys with that, ear wont make much depends on what it is though. If its a perf and you get a doctor note saying its healed and when MEPS checks it it is 'healed' or is covered enough than you are good. If not, then your fucked. Tbh physc issues is your main issue, and I doubt they would take a chance, but ask your recruiter.
>>
>>30132456
Sorry copied from the post i made so yes pic unrelated. As for the psych. He asked if i had any suspensions in high school, i didnt think itd cause an issue so i told him about the few i had for class clown stupidity. I didnt go into detail and i left out mentioning the one fight i got into.
>>
>>30131903
In 2011 I went through processing to join the army.
I went to MEPS.
I fucked a bunch of shit up.
In 2014 I went through processing to join the army.
I was informed MEPS deletes their shit every two years.
This was confirmed at MEPS, when they had to start a new file on me.
I answered many questions differently the second time, and am now in the army.
My recruiter knew all of this.
>>
>>30132389
I assure you, they delete records after two years. Google it.
>>
>>30132151
How many times have you been sent home now?
>>
>>30132151
What is PT like?
Also
Is BCT 8 weeks followed by X weeks of your job training?
>>
How much time free time in BMT do you have to workout or hit the pool? In going to join the PJs
>>
>>30120195
I got my secret clearance without a hitch. They don't dig to much into your back ground except you credit score and any failed drug tests form your previous employers.

A battle of mine had decent credit and one failed drug test and they pretty much nailed his ass to a wall though.
>>
>>30133500
Almost none. Although When you get to BMT you're separated into a Battlefield Airmen squadron designed for SOWT, PJ, CCT, TACP guys.

Also good luck getting a contract
>>
>>30133577
Thanks for the info. As long as I get my contract squared away before meps I should be okay
>>
>>30130707
Bumping for this
>>
>>30133999
As long as you have good scores it shouldn't be hard. Same goes for every MOS really. I had a 96 AFQT and 133 GT and was offered any job I wanted. Getting 09W was a longer process but I went to BCT with two guys who were 15Ws, neither of which was too bright.
>>
>>30133273

Your meps paperwork is good for two years, if for some reason you don't enlist/commission after that period of time you need to start the process from the beginning... this doesn't mean that they destroy your paperwork.

You're a retard, your recruiter is a retard, and whomever supposedly told you this at meps is an ultra-retard. If someone actually did say something to this effect and you're not just lying then you likely misunderstood what they were telling you.

And all I can say is "lol" at the implication that being junior enlisted makes you an expert on all things military, especially meps record keeping procedures.
>>
Any bongs in here? I'd like to know if I can possibly bullshit my way into any part of our forces
all of them have requirements that I don't quite meet
RAF doesn't want autists, people with exema [spoiler]I have mild stuff, barely noticable and only on my inner elbows and right hand[/spoiler], or people with allergies
RN doesn't want autists or people with allergies
the army might be the best bet since they take autists, but they don't want people with nut allergies
please god tell me I can get into something I want to be of some fucking use to my country
>>
I'm currently working to get a medical waiver for the Army. Going well so far.

I have a friend that's considering the Air Force, just curious, do they also use the ASVAB?
>>
>>30119703
Is it true they out stuff in your food at boot camp so you won't get boners?
>>
>>30134979
What is actually diagnosed and on paper? Anything that isn't, lie lie lie and you'll be fine.
>>
>>30136384
all of it
there's also a suicide attempt but that was like a decade ago and I think that'll be okay
can I still lie about it and hope they won't check or am I fucked
>>
>>30136414
Better to try than not, if they catch you then you're just back to where you started. You can try to get a doctor to say you're fine now on everything which could help.
>>
>>30136425
fugg
thenks for the help frend
time to muster up some courage to lie to someone
>>
My parents are afghan but i look white as fuck with black hair. Would i be able to jive with ranger regiment given that i make it through RASP? I know the regiment does alot of hazing and seem like a really bro attitude environment so i feel like i will get shit on for even being close to afghan.
>>
>>30119703
Any tips for rucking? I am joining a swedish light infantry unit and one of the passing requirements is a 20km march that has to be completed in two hours and twenty minutes. But that will be at the end of 9 months of basic training, so I need some general tips to help me during early march training so I do not develop any bad habits.
>>
>>30136722

Squat.
>>
How obtained authenticated rhyolite level majic-12 security clearance , thank you in advance.
>>
>>30138259
Okay. Thanks senpai. I am doing onelegged squats, but do you mean barbell squats?
>>
>>30136559
First generation afgha?n lets ask the the fruit of moors what thats like
>>
>>30119703
Best USMC aviation MOS?
>>
>>30136559
You'd be fine.
>>
>>30138892

Do barbell squats, yeah. You want to pick either strength or endurance programs depending on your weakness.
>>
Is there any way I can get an ET or FC contract while in school for another rate @ Great Lakes?
>>
>>30136381
No, thats a super old rumor. You dont get erections cause you are exhausted all the time.
>>30139279
No, what rate are you?
>>
Hey all. I have a really good job I like that pays well but I still want to serve. I was thinking of joining the reserve but would I be shipped off to basic for months? I don't want to have to quit my job to join.
>>
>>30139758

EM. Extremely qualified on paper for ETFC though.
>>
>>30139810
>would I be shipped off to basic for months?
Yes
>>30139819
>Extremely qualified on paper for ETFC though.
Then why didnt you get ET/FC in the first place? Youre gonna hate life, EM is a shitty engineering rate. The exact opposite from ET/FC.
>>
>>30139843

placeholder job for nuke. 99 asvab.currently in ATT now and I just want to continue on with the curriculum with the ETs and FCs.

I've heard it's a pretty nice gig as far as engineering rates go though. you are all over the ship and not just below deck.
>>
>>30139912
>you are all over the ship and not just below deck.
No, all the ems did on my ship was sit in there shop and hand out light bulbs and starters. It is true that as far as engineering rates go it is one of the better ones but the least shitty job is still shitty.
>>
>>30139945

Someone has to work on the power distribution systems and it's not the ETs. What ship were you on? I'll be on a cruiser out of Yokosuka.
>>
>>30140018
>Someone has to work on the power distribution systems
Mate the instructors are pumping your head up wit buzzwords. The job sucks ass.
>I'll be on a cruiser out of Yokosuka.
You might be on my old one, i was on the antietam, which is now in Yoko, and the Cowpens. 2 cruisers.
So youll see exactly what im talking about when you get there. Youre gonna wish you became an ET or FC 100%. Expecially cause SPY FCs were getting 100,000 re-enlistment bonuses when i left 2 years ago.
>>
>>30140108

I get you, but there are jobs that certified electricians can only do. Who fixes a transformer that blows out underway?
>>
>>30119703
Don't tell them anything. Deny. These assholes complaining about being dqed are the guys that didnt follow my above advice.
>>
>>30140221
Mate thats true, im saying thats the part that sucks lol you arent getting me. You are going to be working in a 90-100 degree engine space that is so loud so you need to wear ear pro always and literally everything is covered in a film of grease. If that excites you than stay positive. However ET/FC sit in the exact opposite, a dim blue lit and clean CIC that is kept at around 60 degrees.
Either way im just busting your balls slightly i suppose, you lucked out anyway. Yoko is a great palce to be stationed and a cruiser IMO is the best ship you could be on besides the newest destroyers maybe. Youre gonna have a blast in japan and you will deploy frequently and see many asian countries. I had a blast so im sure you will to.
>>
>>30140292

Thanks for the well wishes mate. It's Cg-62 Chancellorsville btw. Completely stoked but kinda nervous to get there, but excitied and hope they honor my rec for meritorious advancement to PO3.

Any wise words for being new to a cruiser or just the fleet in general.
>>
>>30140335
>hope they honor my rec for meritorious advancement to PO3
They have to they just cant decide not to.
>Any wise words for being new to a cruiser or just the fleet in general
Youll be fine, everyone nervous at first but youll get settled in very quickly especially there. Ships in Japan are forward deployed and are underway alot so youre gonna get a trial by fire i can assure you that. Just keep your head down at first and do what you are told. Also dont get in trouble. Most young guys or first timers in a foreign country go buck ass wild and get in trouble. have fun just dont go overboard and dont get caught. Also dont be that guy who shows up with 3 full seabags of shit. Dont bring your damn xbox and desktop and other shit like that.
>>
>tfw high blood pressure and taking meds for it
>>
>>30134515
Have you literally EVER googled this? You can find the answer, over and over, from reputable sources.
MEPS mandates the deletion of records after two years. That's WHY your shit isn't good any more.
>>
Ok so I took the ASVAB a couple of days ago and I have a couple of questions. I'm 21, I'm in good shape, and I got a 98 on my ASVAB. The problem is that none of the jobs currently available are things that interest me. I would love to get 31B or 35M, is it kosher to just tell the recruiters I want to wait till one of those slots opens up?

Also, I went to college for a year and a combination of me being a dumbass and stress got me a 1.82 cumulative GPA before I figured out college wasn't for me. Is that going to bite me on the ass at all?
>>
Going to DEP into the Navy.
Best way to prep for Navy BCT and Navy lyfe?
>>
>>30140931
Rate?
youll be fine just run and dont be morbidly obese or a stick figure.
>>
>>30140257
Being honest up front is better than back tracking later at MEPS or something like that where they're threatening you with jail time.

Also, I was honest to begin with before I learned it's relatively easy to get away with, so it's too late for me. My only hope is to whore myself for waivers.
>>
Idk if shoot up a mall, or my old neighborhood
>>
>>30141069
>Being honest up front is better
>so it's too late for me.
You literally just contradicted yourself. Always lie.
>>
>>30140870

Be up-front with your recruiter about the jobs you want. They will try to change your mind if your plan is just to wait around forever for a job that doesn't show up, but they can't force you to sign for something you don't want.

Your college GPA doesn't really matter for enlisting.
>>
>>30141116
You'd probably get more points at a mall.
No but if you're legit serious please don't fuck gun owners over.
>>
>>30141178
Except I didn't. I said honesty is better than back tracking, not overall. For convenience and assurance in getting in, yes, dishonesty is better.
>>
>>30141286
Listen you should always lie, honesty is for suckers. Literally everyone lies to get ahead. Keep your mouth shut and theyll never know. I and everyone else i know lied and we served and got out just fine.
>>
>>30141250
Is that a joke, ill fuck you when the opportunity arise ask kimdotcom
>>
What kind of off time do you get in the military? I just want to make enough money to work on bikes and get into racing. Getting sick of not having a purpose, and school sure as shit isn't doing it.
>>
>>30141470
All im saying is invite me before hand id like that chat you zee
>>
>>30141478

Like every other thing in the military, it depends on where you're at. I've been in units where we had at least one 4-day weekend every month, usually got home by 1600, and got to take my 30 days of leave whenever I wanted.

I've also been in units where we got just federal holidays off, lots of 10-12 hour shifts, and you had to take your 30 days of leave only during specified times.
>>
>>30141478

>military
>making money
>especially enough to get into any kind of racing
>>
>>30141595
>implying military doesn't make a lot more money than 95 % of the jobs some teenager who just want to go fast can get.

When people say "military are underpaid", they mean in comparison to real white collar jobs with good salaries. Most people don't actually have nice jobs like that, and probably make less than military do.
>>
>>30141595
I just wanna race baikus, dont think I can do that on a chemist's salary.
>>
>>30141692

>I don't think I can do that on a chemist's salary

You can, actually.
>>
>>30141622
This is true, once you hit E-5 and start BAH and get paybumps, special pay you are making good money. Especially if you stay single which you should.
>>30141692
Gotta grow up some time man
>>
>>30141470
We're on 4chan, this is the epitome of low brow humor and edgy talk.
>>
>>30141740
Can confirm, E5 here with about $2500 expendable income a month. That's after bills and a retirement contribution.
>>
>>30141739
I'm starting my senior year and I haven't even started looking for a job. I don't really wanna be a lab rat. Research needs a PhD.
>>30141740
In what way?
>>
>>30141809

Ohh... you mean non-degree holding "chemist". Yeah... so do the military thing, then if you don't like it get out after four and use your GI bill.
>>
>>30141844
We'll I'll be a degree holding "chemist" in 11 months. I was thinking about enlisting then, not tomorrow.
>>
>>30141866

Dude. Chem engineers... wait, you didn't do any math did you?
>>
>>30141866

If your GPA isn't garbage, look into OCS. Being an officer is pretty damn good money for a fresh college grad, and promotions are nearly automatic up to around the six figures level.
>>
>>30141880

>near automatic

Well, he'll make at least major if he isn't total dogshit. Majors do hit six figures, so yes.

>>30141866

Here m8.

http://www.militaryfactory.com/military_pay_scale.asp

Check the officer pay grades.
>>
>>30141894
O3s hit it too with the right BAH
>>
>>30141915

They do. I'm hoping to be stationed at Lakenheath. I was born at Upperhayford, but that one closed sadly.
>>
>>30141869
I got into Biomedical Engineering but not ChemE... Out ChemE program is top 10 and required a 3.9+ to get in
>>30141880
3.4-3.5 GPA
>>
>>30141945

Dude, Biomedical Engineering is one of the fastest growing fields in the country and pays more than most non-engineering jobs by far.
>>
I got a question about ocs. I will leave college with a 3.4-3.5 GPA in finance but I've never had a real job or internship. Is there still hope for admission or should I just get a job and volunteer on the weekends, wait a year and then apply?
>>
>>30141990
Yeah, but I didn't enjoy it. Plus, graduate in 2017 with biochem vs basically starting a new 4 year degree and graduating in 2020, I'd rather just finish. And my research showed the jobs werent that abundant compared to MechE, ChemE, or EE.
>>
>>30141215
How long does it take for new jobs to turn up exactly? Is it a weekly, monthly, or even longer thing?
>>
Yeah tanks mans them
>>
>>30142080

Fair enough. Biochem is a fine degree for premed shit fyi.
>>
I'm currently in a situation where I'm no longer enlisted or in DEP, but OPM is still running my name background check for TS clearance. Long, irrelevant story as to how I got to this point. I should be fine to enlist again soon.

My line scores were perfect on the ASVAB, I was initially going to go for 35Q, but since I'll know if I can get clearance before I enlist, I need a backup.

What are some decent options that don't rely on clearance?
>>
File: maxresdefault(2).jpg (214 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault(2).jpg
214 KB, 1600x900
>>30142107
Yeah that's another reason I'm looking at military service. I've always wanted to serve and being ex military would look good on my medical application and help make up for my subpar GPA.

My dream job is mixing baiku racing and medicine and becoming pic related
>>
>>30142107
A glorified mechanic good one
>>
>>30142269
?
>>
>>30127165
Not him, but I'm a 2673 and I joined to set myself up with a career outside the military, but I still get kewl benefits and training. I went to college for a few semesters as an engineering major, and decided that college wasn't for me at the time. I plan on finishing my degree, but the military will help with that. If you have serious thoughts about joining, then do it. It's better to do while you're young.
>>
>>30127194
If you meet the requirements and put in the effort, your DIs will notice that. One of the biggest things about bootcamp is giving 110% regardless of how shitty it might be. The only real advice would other than slimming down and getting used to pt is to always keep a positive attitude. It's more mental than physical by a long shot.
>>
>>30139048
The fields are pretty broad, and you don't really get to choose which job you get. Went to basic with a few guys under the aviation contract, some got maintenance, other air traffic controller, and 1 guy was basic landing gear specialist or some shit. It's kinda a crap shoot.
>>
>>30138787
Uwotm8
>>
>>30136363
Armed services vocational aptitude battery. Every branch of the DoD uses it.
>>
>>30131117
If you're dead set on infantry, then by all means go for it. But the shit is difficult. Don't just go infantry because your civilian plans fell through. Look into some other fields that might interest you. I don't say this to be a dick, but let the military do something for you. Use it as an opportunity to get some training in a field you'd want after the Marine Corps.
>>
>>30119738
I had a juvie charge and they found it in the background check but I had admitted to it so you probably should as well.
>>
File: 1459926766083.jpg (343 KB, 702x818) Image search: [Google]
1459926766083.jpg
343 KB, 702x818
>>30119703
Thinking about applying for the Tank Corp in the Australian army but I'm worried about the space for crew inside the M1 Abrams. I'm 6ft 3in tall and always heard that tanks are quiet tricky to get into even for smaller people. Anyone have any experience in the Abrams and can help?
>>
>>30143493
Have Gandalf put a shrinking spell on you.
>>
Hi guys. I got a 99 asvab and have the athletic ability of a greek god. Is there an mos where I can be in delta force, fly f22s, and get my gargantuan meaty cock sucked by air force whores on the daily?
>>
>>30144517
>manlet detected
Sorry son but youre just to short
>>
>>30144517
Someone post the pasta about doing ten years in prison to enter delta force
>>
>>30144592
Wish i had it that shit is hilarious
>>
File: elvis.jpg (142 KB, 1200x1579) Image search: [Google]
elvis.jpg
142 KB, 1200x1579
>tfw I remembered to take the pens out of my ACU top before I put it in the washing machine
>>
>>30144592
Seconding this

> Hi, I'm a 12 year old MW2 warrior. I'm tenth prestige and I've killed almost 30,000 Taliban. I've made try outs for only the most elite special forces units such as FaZe and OpTic. Chris Kyle said in an interview he studied my quick scope technique, but he still can't figure out how I am so good. Although I have never fired any sort of weapon other than my favorite nerf gun, I was wondering if Delta Force would be good enough for me or should I go to an even more elite unit such as Seal Team Six?

>P.S. When I am 13 my mom said she might let me get my first air soft gun!
>>
I took the asvab yesterday . Did pretty well on it . My top 2 jobs are IS and MA . I have a few quick questions about the two.

In regards to quality of life which is better ?

How is advancement ?

Which would be better suited to get a cool guy job in the civilian world ?
>>
>>30144863
Out of those 2 100% IS. MA is complete trash with even trasher advancement. IS is easy as shit and you can get stationed at sweet intel commands. ISC on my ship worked at some NSA building for like 5 years and some dumb air force officer was in charge of him and didnt care if he left early and only charged him for like half his leave. Basically a dream job if you want an easy life.
>>
BOSS isn't real or mandatory is it? I just graduated high school with well over 200 service hours and am expected to help a food pantry on wednesdays before i ship in july. They don't actually expect me to do more work for free do they?
>>
>>30124523
Most 35 series. 35p here, didn't have immaculate record. Just don't sperg out in the interview and have solid references. I had a misdemeanor and they didn't give a fuck.
>>
File: 1464892769447-1690749174.jpg (1 MB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
1464892769447-1690749174.jpg
1 MB, 1944x2592
Got a 3.8 gpa cummulative after my first Korean tests in listening reading and speaking. You have no idea the relief. But it only gets harder and harder. Do yourself a favor and get a cat 3 language.
>>
>>30146653

I'm going AFINT. They don't waiver DLAB scores.
>>
>>30145336

BOSS is volunteer. You don't have to participate at all.

But depending on your duty station, BOSS is pretty legit. In Alaska they did free trips all over the state.
>>
>tfw internal mental hype at thought of enlisting
>tfw Navy
>>
is the scope of a TS clearence investigation for an 18 year old changed at all? i cant imagine them going back 7 or 10 years
>>
>>30119957
I met my girlfriend 4 years ago when I was training with SOF Mentors to go into SOF. Ended up backing out of that to be with her, because we're fucking great together.

Fast forward 4 years, I've put on 40lbs, no where near the shape I was in, and now I'm PTing daily to go into the Army 68W Airborne.

If you feel called to the military, you're gonna feel that way 5 years from now. If she's the one, she'll stay. If she's not, oh well.
>>
File: 1455677475559.gif (4 MB, 158x223) Image search: [Google]
1455677475559.gif
4 MB, 158x223
>>30148676
>If you feel called to the military, you're gonna feel that way 5 years from now
god dammit this, sitting here at 24 thinking that i should have enlisted at 18

>grandfather enlisted at 17, so did his brothers
>other family in that generation also fought in Korea
>nobody in family is currently military
>theyre all cucked liberals that insist on spouting absolute nonense about military and guns alike
>mfw

despite my degree i feel like i should enlist almost out of spite

and considering i already have my degree, would the military help pay denbts?
>>
>>30148743
go officer now faggot
>>
>>30148751
what would that get me at pay scale wise, O4?

honestly just about anything is better than working $10/hr at a gun shop

>army recruiter comes in
>1 coworker is ex-ranger
>other is currently in NG
>they spend 30 minutes trying to get my recruited

just fuck my shit up senpai
>>
>>30148783
wtf, no... O1, everybody who freshly commissions starts at O1, if you were in the military beforehand you would get paid more according to time in service but you start at O1.

They're not going to pick someone off the street and promoted them to Major! top kek
>>
So I want to enlist in the Marines as a FRO but have heard a lot of different stuff and am sort of confused on the matter. For anyone that has been an FRO or knows shit about it what's the job like?
>>
>>30148743
>>30148783
>no respect for your family
>think you'll make O-4 right off the bat with a Bachelors
Military material right here folks...
>>
>>30149103
>no respect for family
>family doesn't respect him or his grandparents or capitalism
/meg/ material right here folks...
>>
Just a stupid question. I can run a mile in eight minutes is that bad? I'm joining the USAF btw.
>>
>>30149175
Height and Weight?
>>
>>30149195
5'7 136
>>
I ship out to Lackland on the 14th, what can I expect? I don't really trust my recruiter for that information because I don't know if she is telling the truth. Can anyone who has done the AF basic tell me about your time?

>How physically well should you be?
>How do the days go, in terms of classroom time vs. physical time

I am mainly worried about PT, I am not super good and I have tested myself and can almost get push ups and sit ups, but running is still a problem for me. I am off my 1.5 mile run by a few minutes. Can I expect to get recycled? I am hopeful that class time does take precedence because I am better there than I am anywhere else.
>>
>>30149260
I would try to shoot for something under 8:00, thats just my opinion but otherwise its a good time.
>>
>>30149124
All I'm saying is if someone's family disagrees with their decision, and their response is to throw a little temper tantrum online (talking about how "the liberal cucks won't let me do anything!") and talk about "enlisting out of spite", how are they going to react when people disagree with their ideas and/or beliefs in the military?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.