[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could this stop a charging bear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2
File: hornets nest.jpg (59 KB, 795x610) Image search: [Google]
hornets nest.jpg
59 KB, 795x610
Could this stop a charging bear
>>
Yes, theoretically.
>>
Why waste all of those priceless artifacts when you could just carry a .44 magnum?
>>
Anything's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

Are these considered machine guns, btw?
>>
>>30103571
nah
>>
>>30103571
I dont get the point of this, couldn't you just make a 40mm shotshell
>>
>>30103643
Destructive device
>>
>>30103664
would be even more expensive
>>
>>30103571
Why wouldn't you just use a fucking shotgun?
>>
>>30103666
God the ATF is incompetent, they also said 40mm practice rounds were destructive devices.
>>
how does the single center of the breach face firing pin on a M79 engage all of the primers of in the .22 LR in the insert?
>>
>>30103688

Deadly chalk rounds yo and it isn't incompetency. Far more evil then that. It is a quite intentional effort to restrict and deny your god given right as a free man to arms.
>>
>>30103696
ten seperate firing pins
>>
>>30103670
What if it were like old black powder shotguns with reusable steel shells that you just fill with shot and wad
>>
>>30103707

I would love to have a 40mm, but can you imagine how much trouble stupid people would get into with them?
>>
>>30103715

An M79 has one firing pin. Do you modify the weapon to fire these things?
>>
>>30103729
the grenade case is custom
lol are you stupid or something senpai
>>
>>30103724

No, I don't believe in group punishment which is exactly what NFA is. Punish law breakers not the potential for trouble.
>>
>>30103729
I would assume that the base is connected to some spring loaded thing that hits all the firing pins at once
>>
>>30103739

English is not my first language. Please forgive me for being so "stupid". Now fucking explain how the fuck the thing works.
>>
File: beehive-2.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
beehive-2.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>>30103752

The OPs picture is actually the muzzle of the insert. Here is a photo where you can see the internal firing pin set up that engages with the firing pin on the M79.
>>
Just use a 12 gauge with 00 buck or slugs
>>
>>30103666
Is the M79 or the shell considered the destructive device? Assuming the M79.
>>
Why don't you just burn the bear?
>>
>>30103721
I'm not sure but holy shit I need a pepper box that fires ten .45 balls with a roar of black powder and flame now.
>>
>>30103571
>10 .22lr rounds
>Not 10 .44 magnums
>Not 10 .357 magnums
>Not 10 .50 African Eliminator
>Not 10 10 mememeter
>>
>>30103763
A blank powers the mechinism
>>
>>30103752
You weren't stupid dude
/k/ is full of autistic fucks who take their sense of self worth from "correcting" other people
I've seen threads where someone asks some incredibly specific question about an ar15, and then after someone answers it a bunch of teenagers give the OP shit for not already knowing it
mind you none of the spergs probably knew either
>>
>>30104358
do you like your wrists?
>>
>>30103571
>stop a charging bear
report the card lost/stolen
>>
>>30103778
Both, actually.
>>
would this have significantly greater range/accuracy than 00buck?
>>
Why did they make the barrels so short? Do 40mm grenade launchers have a bottlenecked chamber or something?
>>
>>30103571
This is your daily reminder that the largest Grizzly in history was taken by a Canadian girl with a single shot .22 short.
>>30103666
Negative ghost rider, the launcher is a DD. A beehive is usually an SBR, SBS, or AOW, though they can be a DD.
>>30103688
>>30103707
That's not how that works. The law specifically exempts 37mm and 38mm signal devices from being destructive devices, while chalk rounds are not signaling rounds.
>>30103696
>>30103715
The beehive itself has firing pins, which is why it's a firearm in and of itself.

I guess it's time for a crash course on 37mm/38mm underbarrel launchers.

You can buy a 37mm flare launcher on the internet no problems. They are non-firearm signaling devices. You can use flares and smoke grenades no problem. It can have a stock, it can have any barrel length, it can be rifled or not, whatever. This is because 37mm and 38mm signaling devices are NOT FIREARMS.

~however~

Once you use or even have possession of compatible "anti-personnel" ammunition, that signaling device becomes a firearm. Because the secretary has not declared the firearm to have a sporting purpose, it cannot be a shotgun and so cannot be an SBS.

But what about beehives? First, a beehive refers to a subcaliber volley gun insert, usually 22LR. They have their own self-contained firing mechanism which is designed to be triggered by the firing pin of its parent launcher. But what is a beehive legally?

Well, by default a beehive is either an AOW or a pistol, depending on whether the judge fucking your asshole can be convinced that it fails the Undetectable Firearms Act "looks like a pistol" test. But what about shot shell adapters?

Shot shell adapters are subcaliber inserts. Some have their own firing mechanism and some do not, but for these purposes we'll assume they do not. Because they do not have a firing mechanism, they are not firearms at all. They are simply a barrel, and as such do not require a second stamp.
>>
>>30105101
So if you stick a 12 gauge adapter in a chopped down 37mm it isn't an SBS?
>>
>>30103778
M79 is a destructive device
cartridges are destructive devices if they contain more than 1/4oz of explosive
subcaliber inserts are destructive devices if they contain their own firing mechanism and have a bore over 1/2".
>>30105101
So say you have one of these: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/used-us-police-issue-37mm-launcher-black?a=1344294
Assuming it was not form 1'd, this is not a firearm. However, if you have any 37mm rounds other than gas/smoke/flares or other signaling rounds, it loses its exemption. So let's assume you filed a form 1, engraved it, and was approved.

Now you have a 37mm destructive device. As it turns out, 37mm is pretty expensive. You want some more options for your boomstick, preferably cheaper. Oh look, there's a 12ga subcaliber insert on gunbroker for $50 - no FFL needed! Great, so you bought it and it arrives! Wait a second, is the ATF going to show up and shoot my dog? Let's find out.

You have a legally made 37mm destructive device and a 12ga subcaliber adapter. The subcaliber adapter is a simple one piece insert and does not have its own firing mechanism.

You're fine, and enjoy it for several months. Then you come across a Spikes 37mm at a gun show. For a steal of only $220, you walk out with your second 37mm. Another form 1 and 6 months later, you have another DD. You put it on your AR pistol, and have a blast. Oh, look. There's a 37mm 22 beehive on gunbroker for $90! Sold!

Now you have a 22lr beehive. Of course, it has its own firing mechanism. Now you need to figure out what kind of stamp you need to use it. It can't be a rifle or shotgun, because your AR pistol isn't fired from the shoulder. It's well under 1/2" and doesn't fire destructive device ammo, so it''s not a DD. It's a pistol so you don't need a stamp for it. You would need an SBR/SBS stamp if it was on an AR rifle, though.
>>
>>30105128
12ga is over 1/2", so unless the launcher has a Sporting Purpose exemption (it doesn't) it can't be a shotgun. Any 12 gauge can be a destructive device with a simple form 1.

To answer your question: If the adapter has its own firing mechanism then it's a destructive device. If it's simply a piece of aluminum to hold a shotgun shell in place for the launchers firing pin to hit it, then the adapter isn't even a firearm to begin with and the launchers DD stamp covers it.
>>
>>30104876
Yeah, and I strengthen them too
>>
>>30103571
So this thing shoots Star of David patterns?
>>
>>30105520
Star of David has 6 points, holmes.
>>
>>30105071
because they dont need to be long?
>>
>>30103724
That's the exact argument gun grabbers over here in Australia use. It's based on a condescending notion that "all the plebs are too dumb" to be given access to firearms, they'd all just shoot each other.

If someone robs a bank with one, or blows up a mail truck or does any criminal thing with it whatsoever then charge them. But I highly doubt that essentially banning civilian ownership of the M79 has actually saved a single life or prevented a single crime.

Just like with the machine gun registry: They have never been able to use the registry to solve a crime. Never looked up the registry and said "Oh the crime was done with this gun, this guy owns that gun, turns out he's the killer". There's been like two homicides with fully auto weapons since the Hughs amendment, one by a cop and one with a stolen machine gun.

Gun control on any level does not work.
>>
>10 22.lr rounds from a fucking grenade launcher
>12 .33 caliber lead balls from a 00 3" buckshot cartridge

kek it must look cool to Nogunz and CODkidz though
>>
>>30105520
it shots pentagrams for maximum edgienest
>>
>>30103724
Breivik killed a shitload of people with a semi automatic Mini-14. Al Qaeda killed 3000 people with a couple of box cutters. Bigger bore doesn't mean bigger butcher's bill.
>>
>>30103571

So if I buy a 40mm launcher where do I buy practice rounds and what can I use? I am interested in getting a 40mm launcher for my ar15.
>>
>>30104358

>10 10 mememeter

how bout

>10 milimeme
>>
>>30105255

Didn't the ATF sperg out last year and seize everyone's 40mm flares and chalk for being reclassified as HIGH EXPLOSIVE with no warning?
>>
Would this even be effective? I keep thinking that I would rather get hit by this than a single .308
>>
>>30107854
are you serious?
>>
>>30107780
not
>10 milimemeter
>>
>>30109357
>not 10 memememe
>>
>>30111506
>10 planet eater
Ftfy
>>
>>30103664
they do

>>30103670
its more expensive to make a 40mm shotgun round than to make a reloadable machined metal shell with 10 individually rifled barrels?

you sure about that or are you talking out of your ass?
>>
>>30103688
no they didnt

they said "illumination" rounds were a no go

chalk is still ok.
>>
>>30105071
its a high/low pressure system where the propellent begins burning in a cavity in the casing then exits into another chamber and pushes the round forward
>>
>>30105101
>it can be rifled or not, whatever.

negative, kemosabe

as soon as it has a rifled barrel it becomes a DD.

anything over 1/2 diameter with a rifled barrel is a DD.

rifled barrel for 37mm launchers are available, and there exists such a thing as 37mm artillery, which are not flare launchers, obviously.
>>
>>30103612
>Waste precious artifacts
All you're wasting is .22lr.....
>>
>>30103673
fps, range, accuracy
>>
>>30105128
at 37mm launcher can become a destructive device in 2 ways.

1) add a rifled barrel

>self explanitory

2) fire anti personel munitions from it

>less self explanitory

the ATF really decides what they consider an "anti personal" round. but it pretty much comes down to anything solid.

examples of non DD rounds for 37mm
flares
fireworks
OC muzzle blast
CS gas
smoke

examples of munitions that will make your 37mm onto a DD

rubber baton
rubber pellet
bean bag
shotgun
beehive

as far as the beehive rounds themselves, i dont recall seeing any tech letters one way or another on those
>>
>>30105255
lots of this.

37mm is fun as fuck but if you want to get into the game then prepare for long waits at the stamp office.
>>
>>30107461
once you start getting into this stuff you'll make contacts.

that and gunbroker
>>
>>30107799
they took 40mm illumination.

someone was sperging on arfcom about the chalk but chalk is still available on GB so I dont think that was affected
>>
>>30103763
This seems like a lot of effort went into figuring out a way to fire ten .22LR rounds when that effort should have been put into something that's actually useful, (like a way to fire ten .45 rounds at once, etc.).
>>
>>30103571
Is that a star of David?
>>
>>30111542
I don't think this one needs a tax stamp like that shotgun shell would.
>>
>>30105101
>Shot shell adapters are subcaliber inserts. Some have their own firing mechanism and some do not, but for these purposes we'll assume they do not. Because they do not have a firing mechanism, they are not firearms at all. They are simply a barrel, and as such do not require a second stamp.
But if you put those adapters into your regular shotgun, does that make your shotgun an SBR? Since the rifled adapter is shorter than 16 inches.
>>
>>30111650
Looks like you don't live in the US.
>>
>>30113479
No, sperglord. That's a five point star.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.