[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best handgun for self defense
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 64543645456.jpg (97 KB, 400x288) Image search: [Google]
64543645456.jpg
97 KB, 400x288
What's the best gun for CC and other self defense, is most ease of use, especially for a woman?

Need answer ASAP
>>
>>29909887
Drop dead simple? A glock compact or sub compact in 9mm
>>
>>29909887
>Need answer ASAP
I'll give your clickbait assed thread a 2/10 because I bothered to look.

>>29909904
Shame on you for not purging this trash off our board.
>>
>>29909908
Dumb nigger
>>
>>29909887
get a 1911 faggot
>>
File: 1460471342803.png (507 KB, 1220x1064) Image search: [Google]
1460471342803.png
507 KB, 1220x1064
>>29909887
not a glock so like cz75
>>
>>29909887
.38 special revolver

no slide with stiff spring to rack when reloading or fixing jam. light recoil.
>>
>>29909887
>purse carry
>>
>>29909887
just dont carry it in your purse you retard
>>
Glock 43, or 26 if you have man hands.
>>
File: IMG_20160511_102432.jpg (559 KB, 1944x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160511_102432.jpg
559 KB, 1944x2592
>>29910950
not OP, but I have a 38s&w revolver, would that be enough for defense? I take it with me when I go camping or hiking, plus it's my HD gun.

Most information I can find about .38 ammunition is about 38 special, not 38s&w so I'm not really super confident about it's ability to perform but any gun is better than no gun, right?
>>
Glock 43 has rusting issues currently. Seems to be a lot of rust near the front end of the slide, and where the rear sight is dovetailed.

Highly recommend the M&P Shield in 9mm or the Walther PPS.

If you can't afford the shield, become an adult and save another $100 instead of buying a shit-tek.
>>
>>29910982

Wow... Use for home defense.

I like H&R pistols as paper weights. I have a couple of them and wouldn't rely on them more than just shooting paper and looking pretty on my desk. I leave them in the open because if I lose one i'm only out $130.00 for both.

The H&R is out dated and so is the ammo. The pressures were low for the .38 S&W because back when these little guys were being made, steel technology had not got to the point of reliably firing anything more powerful.

Go with the M&P shield for carry and HD if you can only afford one. My better half and I both carry the shield.
>>
File: Browning_HP_West_German_Police.jpg (47 KB, 559x354) Image search: [Google]
Browning_HP_West_German_Police.jpg
47 KB, 559x354
Browning Hi Power because it's the sexiest gun ever made
>>
>>29911404
I wish I could, but I can't legally purchase anything other than antiques and black powder firearms. I'm in NC, but sought psych treatment up in NY last year and they marked it as involuntary so now I fail background checks and I don't have the money or the time to fight it.

is 38sw really that bad? I can imagine getting shot with anything would be a pretty shitty time
>>
>>29911472

It is bad getting shot by anything but the old H&R pistols are notorious for becoming cylinder gaped and having allot of play in the cylinder during lock up. It is basically as dangerous for the operator as the target.

Go to a gunsmith and have the cylinder shimmed if needed and have the lockup reworked if your going to be using one as HD.

With the issues you have had, I wouldn't even try CC since it can cause lots of trouble for you unless your clean on paper.

My recommendation would be to buy three our four H&R for home defense. It may look weird but throw down one when it's empty and use another since reloads would take to long.
>>
>>29912238
It's not H&R though, it's a S&W. There isn't a ton of play in anything, it's in fairly good condition. I wouldn't CC it, just open carry thanks to based NC open carry laws.

If I were going to spend the money to get two or three more of these I'd just find an antique 12ga or smth
>>
>>29912257

Theirs nothing wrong with an old Smith. Annon approved.

If the Smith has relief cuts to be able to use moon clips, go get a bunch and have them at the ready and practice practice practice. It's allot harder to place a moon clip in a cylinder than shoving a mag in a grip.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.