[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Middle East Thread "WHAT THE FUCKING FUCK SAA EDITION"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97
File: ButY.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ButY.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
The events of recent threading: broads of the Caliphate came running at Shaer, was killed there all the baskets, took a HANGAR loot, 2 tanks, infantry combat vehicles, guns. And most importantly ... the gas plant. RussShits during 3 days off fighting, had no time to help. Now there Eagles to Falcons break through Black's defense. 4 checkpoint taken. But to the base and is far Shaer. Nusrats with Jund Al Aqsa, Ahrar and other held the announced offensive and we took Khan Tuman with the surroundings. Hazaras were killed and many Iranians and 15 prisoners. Broads Caliphate is now maneuvering around Mahra, another field in the vicinity of Palmyra. They write that set it on fire. FORCE and the Knights RussShits, with the best troops of Syrians marching up a sweat on Khmeimim airbase and they all fuck.
Also symphony orchestra waiting for ISIS arrival in Palmyra.

Cyka blyat!!!
>>
Middle East Thread "can't write English edition"
Inshallah I try English
>>
File: libyan special forces.png (2 MB, 960x918) Image search: [Google]
libyan special forces.png
2 MB, 960x918
Khan Touman as bombed by Syaf and Ruaf, this night. Also, Ivan is reporting that one of the Iraqi Shia militias in Aleppo is saying that General of the IRGC,Qasem Soleimani, arrived in South Aleppo and will lead the battles soon.

Also, as I already reported before, now is official: the SAA are now in the control of all checkpoints inside of Qamishli. The SAA and YPG had a reunion on the matter, without the participation of NDF members.

The US military said that they have a small team helping out the UAE, in Yemen, to fight Al Qaeda, mainly in support/intellenge roles, for what it seems. You can read more in this Reuters article:

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-yemen-pentagon-idUSKCN0XX1ZJ

In Libya, some sources are claiming that the LNA have taken all Al Jufrah district, after ISIS initial offensive.

Old thread:

>>29834141
>>
How often does IS actually use things like tanks or traditional artillery besides mortars? Seems most of the stuff they captured in Iraq they end up just burning.
>>
>>29866426

My friend, I have understood little of this
>>
>>29866426
Koji si ti retard jebote. Nauči engleski pliz
>>
File: al Saiqa special forces 1.png (967 KB, 597x743) Image search: [Google]
al Saiqa special forces 1.png
967 KB, 597x743
Interesting video of Sham tank, that deflects what seems a ATGM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68s-QtYNnNw&feature=youtu.be

Clashes between SAA and Allies against Rebels in the outskirts of Khan Touman, reported just now.

ISIS is claiming that they had to reatred from their rerererecaptured villages in North Aleppo, due US airstrikes, but that they managed to captured 5 Rebels fighters.

>>29866861
They have used quite often, in reality. But they dont use them so massively as other factions, just as fire support for light infantry units, and never in larger groups, because of the danger of airstrikes.
>>
File: al Saiqa special forces 2.png (1 MB, 767x769) Image search: [Google]
al Saiqa special forces 2.png
1 MB, 767x769
>>29866899
My last pic of the Libyan special forces.
>>
>>29866911
Is that a camp trilby?
>>
>>29866911
They don't look very special.
>>
>>29866932

Come on anon, they look very special...
>>
File: MOJew.jpg (31 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
MOJew.jpg
31 KB, 400x300
>>29866887

Jedi govedinu idiotu. Sta ti mislis da bi ja ovo pisa sve?
>>
>>29866899
the fat nigger is american as fuck. Retired special force maybe ?
>>
>>29866911
>those beer bellies
>>
File: ruskies in palmyra.png (972 KB, 1019x586) Image search: [Google]
ruskies in palmyra.png
972 KB, 1019x586
>>29866927
What make it even more funnier is that fact that it is camouflaged.

>>29867109
He looks like a out of action Danny Glover.

As a side note, Special Forces have a really broad definition in the Middle East countries, so when they say that those guys are "Special Forces" it probably means that they are just the more loyal group.
>>
>>29867261
>Special Forces have a really broad definition in the Middle East countries, so when they say that those guys are "Special Forces" it probably means that they are just the more loyal group.
I've found that when Middle-Easterners talk about special forces, they're simply a group with capability somewhat similiar to average Western troops.
>>
File: Li.jpg (58 KB, 449x600) Image search: [Google]
Li.jpg
58 KB, 449x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqzypNS0ocA
>>
>>29867109
You know Libya is in Africa right
>>
>>29866887
>>29867040
Al ste se nacastili, svaka vam se dala
>>
File: my face my soul.png (99 KB, 447x275) Image search: [Google]
my face my soul.png
99 KB, 447x275
>tfw abu hajaar reminds me of myself
>>
>>29867409
In the ancient ruins how much of the damage is recent?
>>
File: rocketman.png (813 KB, 540x721) Image search: [Google]
rocketman.png
813 KB, 540x721
Afternoon reports:

- Things are being put back to normal in Qamishli, after some of the NDF leaders have been called back to Damascus and the SAA been put on charge of controlling the Qamishli checkpoints and bases, now Hassan Ridha, proSAA twitter poster, is reporting that the Asayish has handed back Alaya Prison, a municipal building and the Al-Àli bakery to the SAA. The new SAA bosses in the city will be; BrigGen. Talal Ali, head of security branch, and BrigGen. Mhna Mahmoud, head of state security. The remaining NDF forces in Qamishli will be restricted to arab villages still controlled by the central government.

- A Jaish al Islam spokesman proposed a prisoner swap; Hama prison detainees for SAA POWs held by the Rebels. As a note, it seems that the video with the firing inside of a prison, that I posted last thread, was not from the Hama central prison but from a Lebanese prison. So, now, I dont know if the Syrian security forces really stormed the prison, as reported last thread.

-Last, Hassan Ridha also reported that a large ISIS convey was destroyed near Al-Sha'ir field by a Syrian air raid. Al Masdar, for their part, reported two hours ago that the SAA and Tiger Forces have launched a new attack in the western outskirts of the Mahr gas field, after the first attack has been repelled by ISIS.
>>
File: DBeas.jpg (60 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
DBeas.jpg
60 KB, 480x480
>>
is there any videos from khan touman?
>>
>>29866861
they used a tank to run over someone for execution I don't think they're competent enough to do anything but drive it forward
>>
Iran has been taking some heavy losses. Iranian media outlets are reporting around 83 IRGC troops killed or captured in battle for Khan Toman, Aleppo. The scale of loss/those captured from IRGC & their Afghan fighters may force a debate on this policy in Iran
>>
>>29866839
>libyan '''''''''special forces''''''''''
they look like a fucking militia
>>
>>29866911
/k/ arrives in Libya
>>
File: 1314302133122.jpg (57 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
1314302133122.jpg
57 KB, 640x478
>>29870304
libya always was the GOAT ME/NA war
>>
>>29866426

The fucking SAA is a lost cause.

If they don't want to fight, then they deserve to lose their heads, their homes and families.
>>
>>29866439
kek
>>
File: 09.png (57 KB, 343x401) Image search: [Google]
09.png
57 KB, 343x401
>>29866911
>>29866932
>>29866999
>>29867109
>>29867130
>>29867261
>>29867278
>>29870288
>>29870304
>all these anons not knowing about the Saiqa
Cant fault them though; the media is ignoring Libya even more then Yemen.
The Saiqa Special Forces were indeed the gadaffi-era SF, who mostly took down islamist revolts in the Cyrenaica. They had a prominent role at the very beginning of the popular uprisings, when they refused to open fire on protestors and instead defected. They were instrumental in convincing the still neutral or loyalist army forces to back off, but I dont know if they were much used during the civil war.

After the civil war they became a militia (while still retaining the SF logo) and soon went after the islamist and jihadi elements in and around Benghazi. They came in turn under criticism by the new authorities for being one of the surviving gadaffi-era military units, despite probably only the core of the old SF remaining (and the new islamist elements among the now ruling class were also still very much butthurt of course). In 2014, when the new civil war broke out, the islamist Mujahedeen Shura Council was their main opponent and they got BTFO out off Benghazi.
The Saiqa have since allied with Operation Dignity/Tobruk government and are one of the most important ground troops during the attempt to take back Benghazi, while the Shura Council is losely allied with Libya Dawn/Misrata/Tripoli government. Both sides are fighting against ISIS which is slowly making themselfs felt south of Benghazi.

tl;dr: they are one of the most important militias in the east, but not special forces anymore
>>
>>29867409
Wait why did russians bring tourists and a band into a combat zone? Can someone explain this?
>>
>>29867278
That actually depends entire on the particular unit. Some richer ME countries can actually get good training while others just your usual line infantry that is extra murderous.
So just saying SF doesn't mean theyre equal to Seals or something.
But generally things are like this.
All men are eligable for conscription, they are the line infantry where you sent to die.
Then there is people usually who are trained via military schools. Some of those who are eligable for SF get that training.
If you take an average american, give him a gun and push him into enemy fire, that is the level of simple ME soldiers.
>>
>>29871350
because they retook the city?
>>
>>29871581
so? it's still in a warzone
>>
Great, I finally get back and sure enough as soon as I check my usual sources I see IS attacking Khanasir again. Yes I am the most likely messenger of death if you are pro Syrian gov ITTs but the facts are the facts. IS is again attacking the SAA at all their strategic points.

I don't like IS however time and time again IS commanders show skill in asymmetric warfare.
>>
>>29872110
Thats not really surprising. Its pretty clear that they will keep attacking these strategic points and there is little to prevent that.

Unless they actually manage to capture them (or disrupt the lines on a greater scale like the Safira offensive at the beginning of the russian intervention) its nothing to worry about. You just cant control all these desert areas.
>>
>>29872110
Is there something that makes it different from >>29873231's analysis?
>>
>>29866426
So can we start a non-shill/autism overload thread?
>>
>>29871233
The Western media avoids Libya like the plague because it is Clinton's self-acclaimed "greatest success".
>>
>>29871350
Because it's not a combat zone. Are you this much of a shill that you think the Russians are retarded?
>>
>>29872041
Umm. No. It is not.

>>29872110
ISIS is slowly losing to the SAA anyways.
Question is why the Kurds stopped fighting ISIS. US call them up to say "let ISIS focus on SAA"?
>>
>>29873348
No, that anon has nothing to worry about. He doesn't have to do a guard shift with the NDF. They are the ones that have to worry about it.
>>
File: 1403109412766.jpg (50 KB, 850x655) Image search: [Google]
1403109412766.jpg
50 KB, 850x655
>>29873490
I dont think anyone in europe gives a fuck about Clinton, and still there is hardly anything at all in our media about Libya.

>>29873522
>Question is why the Kurds stopped fighting ISIS.
There is nothing to gain for them, so they only attack from time to time to please their western backers and keep getting money and weapons, but why should they seriously push into the Euphrates valley or against Raqqa city?
Its another story with Eastern aleppo, but here there is the danger of turkish intervention, so thats why they have stopped outside Manbij. They also might wait for a larger regime offensive in the south against al-Bab or Dayr Hafir to capitalize on ISIS being busy elsewhere
>>
File: 1462324636795.jpg (86 KB, 533x388) Image search: [Google]
1462324636795.jpg
86 KB, 533x388
>>29866911
And here I thought Danny Glover wasn't getting work these days.
>>
>>29873522
>>29873803
Where can they go exactly?
If they push west to join up the cantons and relieve Efrin, they'll get BTFO by Turkey.
If they push south towards Raqqah they'll get BTFO by ISIS and their intact(!!) supply routes.
If they push further south towards Deizz they'll be stretching themselves too thinly, they still have to play by international rules and can't cross into Iraqi-Iraq(as apposed to Kurdish Iraq) and secure their sides.

They need the west to tell Turkey to back the fuck off or the SAA to push north to the border before they get to do anything
>>
>>29871233
Thanks for the info, anon. The Libyan Special Forces are a total unknown to me, the only things i know about them I read in a old Osprey edition of world Special Forces insignias, and this was still about Gadaffi era forces.

Its quite an epic their history sinse the arab spring; refusing to shoot at protesters, persuading other army units to do the same, now, what once the country special force, is only a militia fighting for the country and against islamic radicals, while some of their supposed allies ostracize them for their historical ties with the old regime. Could be a good plot for a book.
>>
So wait, hold on now, what the fuck is going on?
>>
>>29875823
ntly ... the gas plant. RussShits during 3 days off fighting, had no time to help. Now there Eagles to Falcons break through Black's defense. 4 checkpoint taken. But to the base and is far Shaer. Nusrats with Jund Al Aqsa, Ahrar and other held the announced offensive and we took Khan Tuman with the surroundings. Hazaras were killed and many Iranians and 15 prisoners. Broads Caliphate is now maneuvering around Mahra, another field in the vicinity of Palmyra. They write that set it on fire. FORCE and the Knights RussShits, with the best troops of Syrians marching up a sweat on Khmeimim airbase and they all fuck.
Also symphony orchestra waiting for ISIS arrival in Palmyra.

Cyka blyat!!!
>>
File: 1348292775698.jpg (32 KB, 529x366) Image search: [Google]
1348292775698.jpg
32 KB, 529x366
>>29875742
Libya has a lot of tragic behind it. For example, it was the only Arab Spring country, where the secular/moderate parties won the first free elections. The Muslim Brotherhood was third or fourth and the even more Islamists even lower. No one else, not even Tunesia achieved that. (I also read somewhere, but cant find any sources anymore to prove it, that it developed the fastest of the arab countries a new independent media and civil society). Purely from a political side Libya was actually a success story.
Of course even back then it was total anarchy in most parts of the country and everything just went south from then on. The islamists -despite having no majority at all- also dominated the political sphere because of the complete ineptitude of the secular politicans.

And when the point finally came for a new uprising of the people, to get rid off all the islamists and incompetent politicians and leaders from both sides, they choose the most corrupt, most obvious CIA puppet available, pissed off the most powerful militias and did horrible political choices, which split the country in two and threw it into another civil war.

But hey, at least it was not a full blown war and they have reached rock bottom, right? Nothing could get worse from here? Now, here comes ISIS .....
>>
>>29875867

English, motherfucker!

Do you speak it?
>>
>>29874181
Guess he's not actually too old for this shit yet.
>>
>>29874181
he was 3 days from retirement in that pic
>>
File: 1456468782832.png (320 KB, 495x450) Image search: [Google]
1456468782832.png
320 KB, 495x450
>>29866911
>absent for two days
>Find out that Libyan Trailer Park Boys have a SF militia
this is fucking great.
>>
>>29873522
they realized the same thing the SAA did
ISIS is not an enemy built to last
the rebels, kurds, and assad all have some degree of international support, ISIS is universally hated, if they concentrated on ISIS they would get left in the dust by other groups that would fuck them up later
>>
>>29873522
As the other Anon said >>29873803
>0 , nothing to gain and much to lose.

They already have control of all the Kurds lands up north east, every new land they'd take would be populated by Arabs.
So they will be spreading themselves thin guarding and defending Arab land that they will probably not get to keep.
Controlling Arabs also increases the chances of clashing with the locals, or the locals aiding ISIS infiltrators.

Furthermore, time is on the side of the Kurds, the longer ISIS holds the SAA/Iraqi gov at bay the longer they have to make their de facto autonomous state into reality.
Another 10 years of nation building with ISIS on their borders is probably the best thing that could happen for a future Kurdish state.
>>
>>29866999
>>29866932

ISIS special forces:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsgxheXCUTU
>>
ISIS claims responsibility for this morning's attack that killed 8 police officers in Cairo:

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/05/08/world/middleeast/ap-ml-egypt.html?_r=0
>>
Another single post and I'm gone for most of the day. IS attack near Khanasir yesterday was overhyped by pro IS sources. Overall IS action has been quiet since yesterday. Turkish SF raided into Syria over IS shelling Kilils.

As the Shia milita counter attack at Khan Touman goes on instead of going off early reports I think it speaks to a much wider Sunni Shia conflict. It's now between Iraqi, Afghan Iranain and Lebanese etc Shia vs Sunni extremist all the way from China (TIP) Chechnya and the wider Arab world. This is a holy war, the state of Syria is irrelevant.
>>
>>29866899
It looks vaguely like a Sagger in the one fuzzy frame it's really visible in.

The fuse went off but failed to set off the warhead?
>>
File: C34.jpg (1 MB, 2184x1456) Image search: [Google]
C34.jpg
1 MB, 2184x1456
>>
File: the whole lot.png (376 KB, 956x639) Image search: [Google]
the whole lot.png
376 KB, 956x639
To better describe of Five Stars commented here, there are reports that some 15 to 20 Turkish Special Forces crossed the Syrian border and attacked ISIS artillery positions.

Also, about Khan Touman, SAA/IRGC and Allies seems to, currently, still be fighting for the city. Hassan Ridha is saying that the attackers destroyed two Rebel tanks (T-55 and T-72) and one BMP-1. The pro Rebel sources are saying that are the Rebels who destroyed two enemy tanks and one BMP-1, as well claims varying from 20 to 50 Shia militiamen killed.

Ivan Sidorenko is posting photos and reporting that Suqoor al Sahara battalions are geading to the Shaer oil fields.

>>29876853
This is a map in the Berlin Rojava office, all the Rojava offices in other countries have this same map, take a good look. There are still territories that the Kurds say being part of their Rojava that they dont hold, yet. Azaz, currently held by the Rebels as the Azaz pocket, and the ISIS territories in north that borders Turkey.

Its not like there is nothing else for them to gain, they reportedly still want those areas, and their pro twitter posters dont stop talking how those areas are Kurds towns and etc.

Its more like how >>29874477 put , they are not advancig anymore because of the danger of Turkish retaliation. Read some days ago, one of the sources saying that was the US who asked the YPG to slow down any offensive to take Mambji, as to not anger the Turks.
>>
>>29878160
Wew lads, kurds sure look like greedy fucks.
2/3rds of that territory was never kurd or had big kurd populations.
>>
>>29878178
They sure do look like, now.

The poor bastards that who for a long time didn't have nothing at all, power, lands, own structure or prestige, now have it all, gained it abruptly in a short amount of time. Guess it would be difficult for anyone, in this situation, to hold the composure and dont pursue more.

Its finally their turn, they know it, and will not let this chance pass by.

And I not saying that they dont deserve it, as the YPG have been the more efficient and determinated fighters against ISIS. But their actions could destabilize even more the region.
>>
File: GetT.jpg (196 KB, 719x1280) Image search: [Google]
GetT.jpg
196 KB, 719x1280
Niggas don't come around cause they know they gon' get choppa-shot.
>>
>>29878301
This is their one chance but if they blow it by over extending where they aren't wanted and not having enough troops to ignore the former they stand to be at a worse place than where they started.
>>
>>29878750
What a mess, cant say where those poor bastards start and where they end.
>>
>>29877503
Agreed.

Western Media won't mention it though.
>>
>>29878160
The nefarious Turk.

>>29878178
When you are up, you take what you can. Especially with Turkey and the new Sultan next door.
>>
File: tacticoolbuckets.jpg (150 KB, 1121x607) Image search: [Google]
tacticoolbuckets.jpg
150 KB, 1121x607
New video from IS Wilayat Janub shows the most often used and best IS diy weapons, the tacticool bucket.
>>
>>29876871
He didn't sound that retarded in the beginning.

Relatively speaking for the region.
>>
>>29878767
>>29878178
They also increasingly demand that Mosul or at the largest part of the city should be part of Iraqi Kurdistan.
The baghdad government and shia militias are not amused at all.
>>
>>29879694
They really should have learned for the Russians and just settled their people in the rubble and then claim it's theirs by 'popular vote' after crowding out and intimating locals
>>
>>29879720
I think thats exactly what happened after Saddams fall and even more so since the ISIS happening.
>>
File: amored patton.png (1 MB, 895x674) Image search: [Google]
amored patton.png
1 MB, 895x674
A interesting turkish M60 with armour appliqué.
>>
>>29879720
Not sure what you are referring to. Russians leveled Chechnya but the place is clear of Russians from 25% in '89 to 2% in 2010. In all other places where Russians exercised involvement the area already had a preexisting population which allied with Russians against central governments, be it Georgia, Moldavia, Armenia and even Ukraine. In Crime the Tatars are a small minority. Russia hasn't employed demographic warfare.

>>29879694
The way things are goign they will better prey Erdogan continues to rule or Baghdad will starve them out in no time.
>>
>>29879969
It's an Israeli Sabra Mk.2 upgrade package.
>>
>>29879528
Is that a fucking bucket charge
>>
>>29879528
Link?
>>
>>29880161
>>29880134

They put a shitton of explosives and possibly some screws and potential shrapnel in a plastic paint bucket and then just stick a fuse into it and light it before throwing.

https://ia801502.us.archive.org/0/items/AbuSabah02/Abu_sabah%2002.mp4
>>
>>29879694
>They also increasingly demand that Mosul or at the largest part of the city should be part of Iraqi Kurdistan

Uhh you sure?
I've seen Kurds and Pesh fighters talk about hoping to be part of the Mosul offensive but whenever some westerner say "you should take it for yourselves, you guys deserve it" they always humbly dismiss the proposition due to the city not being Kurdish
>>
File: old chap.png (448 KB, 717x409) Image search: [Google]
old chap.png
448 KB, 717x409
>>29880129
Didn't know that Turkey have the Sabra, I imagined at first that it was some kind of turkish indigenous upgrade.

As many have already noticed, without much effort, is a slow day in news.

To give some body of news to this thread, the Oryx twitter reported that the sole Libyan Centurion 105 AVRE, that you can see in the pic, will take part on the Sirte offensive. Funny enough, there are three op room for the liberation of Sirte; one by the LNA, one by the GNA, and now, one by the GNC. Good luck for the old chap.
>>
File: ChzbujgU4AAuQj0.jpg (48 KB, 576x1024) Image search: [Google]
ChzbujgU4AAuQj0.jpg
48 KB, 576x1024
Al Nusra fighters taking a selfie with captured SAA.

Contrast of emotions and showing you modernity...
>>
How is the whole Mosul thing going?
>>
File: Chj4zAKWUAAUtfv.jpg (34 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Chj4zAKWUAAUtfv.jpg
34 KB, 720x405
Picture of British special forces with YPG during the al-Shadaddi offensive, there's the Javelin that struck the VBIED on video.
>>
>>29880816
It isnt
>>
>>29880850
What do you mean?
>>
File: Chjz_H8W0AAWV_e.jpg (205 KB, 1024x1016) Image search: [Google]
Chjz_H8W0AAWV_e.jpg
205 KB, 1024x1016
FSA posing with the tools of his trade
>>
File: ChzTy92WMAA2Qmj.jpg (102 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
ChzTy92WMAA2Qmj.jpg
102 KB, 720x960
hitting nickels at 1000 yards
>>
File: cgj7emww0aanrs4.jpg (5 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cgj7emww0aanrs4.jpg
5 KB, 600x450
B-52 spotted
>>
File: ChOpmrKWMAEWRbq.jpg (65 KB, 652x490) Image search: [Google]
ChOpmrKWMAEWRbq.jpg
65 KB, 652x490
Turkish tank that exploded from ATGM.
>>
>>29880134
I guess they didn't have a satchel handy to put their charges in.
>>
File: damn.jpg (2 KB, 84x109) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
2 KB, 84x109
>>29880850
Remember the #MosulNext?

>>29880860
Do we know which unit?

>>29880809
dat face.
>>
>>29880900
That's artillery
>>
>>29880900
It's old stuff. It's a Turkish artillery system that was taken out by a ISIL atgm when the border skirmishes between ISIL and Turkey ramped up and became "official"
>>
>>29880921
It's called the T-155
>>
>>29880406
>great, we took this fuckhuge city with a sizeable kurdish population, but we are nice guys today and will give it all back
Said no kurd ever.
>>
>>29880703
I think upgrading was done by Turkish company while the tech is Israeli. The deal was more about ToT rather than just upgrading the tanks as Turks needed the tech for Altay project.
>>
File: Dass.jpg (203 KB, 959x1280) Image search: [Google]
Dass.jpg
203 KB, 959x1280
>Oh lawd.. dat ass
>>
>>29880939
but the city isn't anywhere near majority Kurdish, and the Pesh won't be even thinking of taking it alone, they'll support the Iraqi efforts
>>
>>29879694

Mosul had a slight Kurdish majority before Saddam came to power and the city got ethnically cleansed and t he Kurds are still butthurt about that
>>
>>29882056
why are they so fat /k/?
i thought these 'soldiers' are mostly starving conscripts
>>
The Kurds don't want Mosul. It's home to 2 million Arabs; Mostly Isis and Baath sympathizers that hate Kurds.

Adding it to the KRG would be a disaster and it would change the whole demographics of the area with nothing to gain.

Not to mention the fact that militarily it would be the most difficult place to take from Isis.

The Kurds won't add Mosul to the KRG even if it was offered on a silver platter by Iraq.

Source; I'm a Kurd from the KRG.
>>
>>29882056
>those bodies

one of them looks familiar, like a former tripfag, what was his name? VeprSoldier? Something like that?
>>
File: CXOt9SwUsAA_7D8.jpg (52 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
CXOt9SwUsAA_7D8.jpg
52 KB, 600x400
what happened to the qt kurds? why are there no more photos? they arent all dead are they?
>>
File: this.png (758 KB, 541x710) Image search: [Google]
this.png
758 KB, 541x710
>>29882711
Which one? The living one or the dead one? The living Ferrari cap guy is from the Suqur al Sahara, a more "elite" unit, more to a specialized light infantry unit, if compared with your other conventional SAA units.

>>29883247
Good timing for you to ask. Dr Partizan is saying something about reports of preparations for a new Raqqa campaign, tha would be carried out by SDF/YPG. Conducted from Tishrin Dam, Ayn Issa, and Shaddadi fronts.

Brace yourselves, we may come to see more action in the Kurdish front of Syria, that is been kinda of quiet for already some time.
>>
File: 1436476718922.jpg (96 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
1436476718922.jpg
96 KB, 600x432
>>29883247
sending women into combat is a proven bad idea senpai.
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-08+at+07.53.11).jpg (100 KB, 1108x621) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-08+at+07.53.11).jpg
100 KB, 1108x621
How lucky can you be? ISIS ATGM belly flops off of rebel T-55 turret.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68s-QtYNnNw&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: ChY6ygtUoAEfXuO.jpg (81 KB, 1000x541) Image search: [Google]
ChY6ygtUoAEfXuO.jpg
81 KB, 1000x541
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-20+at+08.40.50).jpg (149 KB, 1185x531) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-20+at+08.40.50).jpg
149 KB, 1185x531
>>
File: ChPEuHyUgAAcQtD.jpg (207 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
ChPEuHyUgAAcQtD.jpg
207 KB, 1024x1024
>>
File: abu hajaar did nothing wrong.png (166 KB, 618x600) Image search: [Google]
abu hajaar did nothing wrong.png
166 KB, 618x600
>>29867634
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-30+at+08.23.00).jpg (78 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-30+at+08.23.00).jpg
78 KB, 600x398
>>
>>29883367
not the same person

And women in a western military, sure, but women aren't so fucking useless over there as they don't get to play the pussy pass. It's seen as fight and take part, or be sold into sex slavery by ISIS. Fairly large motivator.
>>
File: 1434578843784.jpg (74 KB, 570x960) Image search: [Google]
1434578843784.jpg
74 KB, 570x960
>>29883658
reports beg to differ, apart from the propaganda thats spewed they tend to get obliterated and IS fighters actually see killing women as a cash prize and like to capture them even more. They're just putting them at risk for no reason and I highly doubt kurdish female units are used on the frontlines anymore.
>>
>>29883714
[citation needed]

I doubt they're any less effective than the male units given the complete lack of training and tactics they appear to have

>apart from the propaganda thats spewed [..]
If you mean the "ISIS believe that like, being killed by gurlll powa makes them extra ded so they afraid of us" shit then yeah I totally agree with that, no basis in Islamic theory from what I've heard
>>
>>29883806
Yes thats what i mean when it comes to propaganda, there have been no proofs for such ideas and IS only seems to boast when they kill female soldiers.
>>
>>29883557
t-55 stronk
>>
>>29883840
Yeah, I mean I get keeping it going for a morale boost but I think it's getting reckless. I've seen vids where in a team of two girls, one will be the "sniper" and the other just stand behind her and do the "lullulululuaululaulaula" thing to tell ISIS it was a girl shooting at them... GJ wasting time and energy not to mention giving your position away

And the Kurds are reportedly almost as fanatical as the enemy just for a different cause, they throw their lives away on stupid shit and don't care "because it's ok! They'll be martyrs!"

Fully support them in the conflict but holy fuck!
>>
File: 1461895135823.jpg (77 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
1461895135823.jpg
77 KB, 960x535
bamp
>>
>>29866426
10 guys standing around and a warehouse full of trash and not one of them grabs a broom.

You got time to lean, you got time to clean. That goes for terrorists too.
>>
File: 1454505998091.jpg (71 KB, 599x372) Image search: [Google]
1454505998091.jpg
71 KB, 599x372
bump, page 9
>>
Anyone got some credible information about the Kurdish attacks against the Iranian forces in Iran from yesterday (and others from the passing week).
I've seen Iranian gov confirmation that 2 IRGC/soldiers were killed in the last attack, though the Kurds claim a higher number of something closer to 15 IRGC killed in an attack against an IRGC base.

Requesting additional information, if anyone has any?

>>29878160
Yes, you are correct, I was specifically talking about the situation in the mid and eastern parts, not North of Aleppo/Afrin-Euphrates gap. Should have mentioned this...
Unlike what >>29874477 suggests, I believe that the Kurds could make some light advances or just hit and retreat missions against ISIS towards Raqqa, and I believe they would have been doing just that had they been really aligned with Assad. But their interests dictate something else.
>>
File: 500.png (842 KB, 999x685) Image search: [Google]
500.png
842 KB, 999x685
upgraded humvee
>>
File: chocos marching.png (1 MB, 797x572) Image search: [Google]
chocos marching.png
1 MB, 797x572
>>29888509
Nothing at all was said again about the uprising in the Iranian Kurdistan, since the last time.

The only news are some propaganda photos of the PDKI Peshmerga marching and training, small unimportant stuff, but interesting for the fact that they all wear the American "Chocolate chips" camo pattern.

Will be dificult to keep track on news of the conflict in the Iranian Kurdistan because the Iranians do a good work in censoring their media and the flow of news, and because there are lots of Iranian Kurds groups and parties that act on their own, without real union.

There also this article in Rudaw, where a Kurdish analist discuss on the matter:

http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/070520162

>>29888760
>The future is now
>>
>>29888760
U.S Navy giving advice on Camouflage I see
>>
File: 1220.jpg (3 KB, 120x90) Image search: [Google]
1220.jpg
3 KB, 120x90
boring ?

watch holy mujahideen annihalte islamic state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cT38Rx7PZzA
>>
Struggling to find anything new so i am posting a old ANNA tankswithgopro video from Jobar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y2NlOWBTIQ

In this 30 minute montage 3 T-72s keep trying to go down "ambush alley"(my nickname) with one finally getting hit and by the 19:30 mark they are just rage shooting into the buildings.

Also kind of off topic but new video from Grozny , Chechnya today where a suicide bomber just causally walks up to a solider and blows up. I mean it would have been easier to just shoot him and take your chances but blowing up works too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc-6Z0bXJTM
>>
>>29889412
these are rebels?
>>
>>29889480
>Jobar still hasn't been leveled up entirely by now
kinda surprised some buildings are still standing desu
>>
>>29889480
>Casually walking down the street
>Suddenly
>SHAZAM!!
>>
File: 1441.jpg (165 KB, 840x632) Image search: [Google]
1441.jpg
165 KB, 840x632
saudi king private security parade
https://youtu.be/HvJyZ3LA6xo
>>
>>29889822
>Flag of the olympics shows up at the start when he arrives

what the fuck?
>>
File: 02552.jpg (336 KB, 984x606) Image search: [Google]
02552.jpg
336 KB, 984x606
>>29889822
>>
File: 0552.jpg (346 KB, 984x606) Image search: [Google]
0552.jpg
346 KB, 984x606
>>29889822
>>29889954
SA king want held the games in his land. the flag is maybe a wink to the olyimpic comitee how secure SA is.
>>
>>29886663
This anon gets it

A clean house is a happy house.

Make abu hajaar do it.
>>
>>29890052
>>29890071
I don't understand why it wasn't filmed in wide screen. I mean if you're going to have a military parade at least film it correctly, fucking Saudi tv, I have the broadcast and most of their program is widescreen what the fuck were they thinking filming it like this?
>>
File: Abu-Haadjar-al-Nejd.png (892 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Abu-Haadjar-al-Nejd.png
892 KB, 1366x768
>>29889822
What is this I don't even...
>>
File: ChurkaGf.jpg (305 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
ChurkaGf.jpg
305 KB, 2000x1125
Now it begins. Worried. Make dua, brothers!
>>
>>29890096
Moon the enemy
>>
>>29886629
brb, gunna go make this my cover photo on FB.
>>
Last post for a while. As a avid watcher of Deir I just saw IS claims of two new positions in the Tahtuh district and 9 more SAA killed. This means at the very least the SAA still controls part of the neighborhood. I assume the SAA areas are the backside closer to the airbase.

In the last couple of days there has been little action in Deir but a lot of RIP posts of high ranking dead SAA and NDF. A couple were officers and another was a NDF chief. It's been bitter urban fighting.
>>
File: 150.jpg (497 KB, 905x719) Image search: [Google]
150.jpg
497 KB, 905x719
>>
File: 10.jpg (587 KB, 1028x715) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
587 KB, 1028x715
>>
>>29891397
I've noticed that the SAA and their allies often report casualties only days after their actual death. Perhaps this is the case again?
I remember last year when an Iranian convoy got ambushed, they were releasing the names of those killed for like two weeks.

I haven't been following as much recently, but couldn't the casualties reported now be from last week?
>>
File: kazi.jpg (6 KB, 278x182) Image search: [Google]
kazi.jpg
6 KB, 278x182
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uwophKS8Mo
>>
>>29891793
Excuse me?
>>
>>
File: best friends forever.png (354 KB, 599x332) Image search: [Google]
best friends forever.png
354 KB, 599x332
>>29892074
It's a possibility, but I personally don't think so. For the the IRGC is normal to lie their asses about it, as their are supposed to be just a small advising force in Syria, but the SAA is very loose lips about those things, even more their proSAA twitters posters.

I would give those casualties as some two days old max.

News on the Hama Central Prison situation, SANA news, Syrian state media, reported that the Syrian Interior Minister and Justice Minister visited the inmates in the prison. They say everything that you would expect from a state owned media; that is everything fine, the inmates are being treated well and that the latest news about the revolt are all just " lies and fabrications spread by malicious media outlets as part of their anti-Syria propaganda". Be as it is, the fact that two ministers visited the place could show that things have settle down, even if just a little. One of the Pro Rebels sources, Markito (yep), claim that the revolt is over, where the goverment and inmates made a deal for; "46 inmates released (today) & 26 more the next days. Amnesty for the rest (~800) possible next month". He says that Syrian Humans Right Watch confirms it, but I didn't find where, and personally I think that this suposed deal is too exaggerated.

In South Aleppo the SAA and their Allies, the Shiite militias, are still trying to retake Khan Touman, still without much sucess. The pro Rebel sources say that even Iran confirms the capture of 6 soldiers in South Aleppo by the Rebels, like the one in the pic.

The good thing, even if just small stuff, for the pro SAA twitters posters is that when they said that the SAA/Allies destroyed two enemy tanks and one BMP, and at the same time the pro Rebels posters started to claim that the Rebels who destroyed two tanks and one BMP, the proSAA are the ones right, ans can be seen in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5NJCQy2TdQ
>>
>>29893770
Also, other two SAA/Allies videos on South Aleppo, in the first one you can see footage of T-90 rolling around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUewxixfEoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xpjuAphSc
>>
>cant retake tiny Khan Touman or al-Eis
>expect to win in aleppo city
At least the assad fanboys are slowly shutting up about the rebels in aleppo being already as good as finished.
>>
also kind of a deep night bump
>>
>>29891776
post more shota soldiers
>>
File: Palmyra medal.png (1 MB, 956x632) Image search: [Google]
Palmyra medal.png
1 MB, 956x632
Well, what a pity, it have been a somehow slow beginning of week. Lets hope the thread will survive another cold and lonely night.

The only night report I have left now, is that pro SAA reporting about, possibly, a new 48hours ceasefire in the city of Aleppo. Good luck with that.

For anyone suffering with insomnia, I offer two reads; the first is the accounts of a Washington Post journalist in a controled tour with the Russian military in Syria, the second one is another great article by Oryx, about the last ISIS offensive in Telskuf, Iraq, in wich Charlie Keating, the Navy Seal, got KIA.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/05/09/56-hours-with-the-russian-army-in-syria/

http://spioenkop.blogspot.com.br/2016/05/the-islamic-state-going-diy-telskuf.html

The image is the Medal given by the Russians to the Syrian soldiers who have taken part in the battle for Palmyra. I would ask if someone could translate, but is just probably some generic thing, like: "For taking part in the liberation of Parmyra" or such.
>>
File: CiDN7YYUgAETEYT.jpg (31 KB, 601x400) Image search: [Google]
CiDN7YYUgAETEYT.jpg
31 KB, 601x400
>>29895101
You were right on Deir SAA casualties. It was about 2 days ago when IS made a major push into Tahtuh. They almost pushed the SAA completely out but the SAA held on at the outskirts.

To keep the thread alive a picture of a IS armored bulldozer they used in Tahuh yesterday.
As far as it being slow it is surprising since between Khan Touman and Shaer it seemed like wider battles were starting but I think when the action does start again it's going big. All sides are licking their wounds and prepping for the next round.
>>
>>29895101
must be bizarre to be a syrian soldier in palmyra right about now
>take the city
>russians and foreign journalists show up all over the place
>the russians have a fucking orchestra
>/they/ give you a medal
>>
>>29889480
Did the soldier die? He was moving after the bomb.
>>
>>29898281
i'm pretty sure he's dead anon
even with body armor, at that range the explosion's shockwave will fuck up his organs real good
>>
>>29879977
>Russia hasn't employed demographic warfare.
except that they did, but 70 years ago, by deportations and repopulation with russians.
>>
>>29883557
WE DIDN'T PENETRATE THEIR ARMOR!
>>
>>29898025
>Liberate city
>get to play the hero
>Get a free medal
>get to listen to rad music

10/10 would liberate again
>>
>>29898330
Crimean Tatars were minority before any Soviet deportations.
>>
>>29880889
we sure that's not a russian heavy?
>>
Breaking: IS claims to have shot down a helicopter near T4.

After I predicted IS was stronger in the Homs/Hama border region than everyone thought they then took Shaer gas field. Now those crazy clowns are attacking around T4.
>>
>>29899403
Further breaking, people say it's a Ruskie helicopter that has been shot down. IS also says they took checkpoints near T4 today.
>>
>>29889822
Had a good game of spot how many of them are completely out of step. Was quite a good game.
>>
File: CgpfGEVWwAAQRgi.jpg (99 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
CgpfGEVWwAAQRgi.jpg
99 KB, 600x800
>>29873231
>Its pretty clear that they will keep attacking these strategic points
>its nothing to worry about

IS also claims to have killed 30 SAA in the T4 checkpoints today but don't worry everything is fine. On Saturday I was told not to worry about these checkpoint attacks by a anon here.
>>
>>29899413
Correction: Some reports say the shoot down happened near Huwaysis/ Al Mahr and Amaq (pro IS)says it was a Saaf Helo not Russian.
>>
Good ATGM vids were released today from southern Homs/Hama. These are old battles.
1st is a strike on men trying to carry a litter out. Litter carriers killed or injured with a near direct hit. Body part flying off visible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl74H_YVcho

2nd is a T-90 hit by a TOW in a earlier southern Aleppo battle. Drone footage covered it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PKTXByLGUg

Some minor good news for the SAA in Deir Ezzor. After some 25 odd Ruaf airstrikes in Al Sinaa, Tahtuh IS hasn't made any progress today and lost 10 of their fighters, some of the foreign. Situation is still grim.

Syrian state TV has a report from newly captured areas in eastern Ghouta

Also pro SAA source claims a counter attack is going on near Shaer gas field. by the SAA.
>>
>>29899767
I was going to post the videos. Funny/Ironic is that the litter carriers are recovering injured/dead allies from a first ATGM hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsQkqmjn9g0

By the angle that they hit those pro Regime forces, I believe they are Shia militias, left side by the side of a hill, it could be that this Rebel ATGM crew sneaked past enemy lines to take the two shots.
>>
>>29899823
Damn sonny, those guys got fucked up. You can see meat flying around in both videos.
>>
Official it's nothing to worry about anon theme song for ISs T4 attack today.
Some Bach.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWlfmepsUuQ

Also breaking from pro SAA sources that IS has advanced near Shadadi at Al-'Ezawi village.
>>
File: 1410703361813.png (67 KB, 449x1197) Image search: [Google]
1410703361813.png
67 KB, 449x1197
>>29899994

>UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

The Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) launched, today early morning, a wide-scale offensive near Tiyas Airbase (T4) in eastern Homs, capturing several points and killing scores of Army soldiers.
>>
>>29899444
You were speaking about the southern aleppo supply lines attacks back then. Khanasir.

nice tripsdubs though
>>
>>29899767
T90 looks dead.
>>
>>29900152
Yes regardless of the results IS knows where to hit the SAA where it hurts or strategic points in general.

IS commanders are well aware they are forcing the SAA to react to them.
>>
>>29900174
Not really
>>
>>29899994
While there is probably no chance for ISIS to capture T4 their movement does represent a problem. For me ISIS attacking T4 has a similar ring to German offensive against Verdun. After all von Falkenhayn saw in Verdun an opportunity to bleed the French army white because he understood that the French couldn't afford to lose Verdun and would throw everything they had into the fight. Similarly, the regime will not allow itself to lose T4 and will throw every unit in the area into its defense. And like von Falkenhayn an ISIS commander could use that, after all von Falkenhayn didn't plan on taking Verdun, what he planed was just a general offensive in its direction. Regime will throw everything into T4 battle, and whether ISIS takes it or not they can bleed the Regime and stop any offensive movement on Regime side.
>>
>>29900200
Then again, ISIS has been strategically losing all along the West Syria front against the SAA.

It's a lot like Iraq where ISIS is doing a great job delaying the inevitable.

Then again, the SAA and Iranians have a lot less air support and no Kurdish support in comparison to the Iraqis.
>>
>>29900263
There is no doubt they have been losing recently but without large offensives the SAA can't finish them and they can't even do those with their supply lines being hit. Also it's sad that you would downplay Shaer as if it didn't stop the SAA in their tracks going to Deir Ezzor.

Nevermind. I have some more awesome music from Palmyra
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIJPHHvwN0A

enjoy!
>>
>>29900174
Not even close, the crew might be, but unless the tanks was left alone to burn down for a couple of hours it should be possible to fix it no problem.
>>
>>29900263
Meanwhile iraq has its own share of problems.
after the storming of the green zone parlament is completely paralyzed and wont even attend anymore, meaning no reforms anytime soon, meaning more popular escalation.
at the same time, the pro-iran militias have said, that the security forces shouldnt have tolerated the Sadr bullshit and opened fire on the demonstrators and that they will gladly deploy some of their forces from the frontlines to baghdad to stop Sadr pulling that stunt again.
Tensions between peshmerga and the shia militias are also running high.
then there is the whole issue with a turkish brigade illegally occupying a military base near mosul to train a sunni militia of the former governeur of the province and the kurds and shias both being understandably butthurt about that.

Fun times ahead.
>>
Using a pro Syria gov source and also rumors from other sources IS is at the outskirts of T4 and the latest they claim are actual airbase checkpoints

https://twitter.com/islamicworldupd/status/730062575384276992

Since Shear and before then I suspected IS has a large force to bear and they are using them now to cause havoc behind the main SAA line(and Russian) at Palmyra.
>>
>>29894904
I'll see you in a couple of months once the Aleppo pocket is closed
>>
>>29900463
any pics from the allegedly down Helicopter? or the fall?
>>
File: Lynxi.jpg (3 MB, 3648x2736) Image search: [Google]
Lynxi.jpg
3 MB, 3648x2736
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-mV9pC-I6c
>>
>>29900319
The difference is that I see the SAA forcing ISIS' hand in its delaying attacks. Meanwhile, this has taken immense pressure off the non-Hama/Palmyra fronts between ISIS and SAA.

I can't remember the last attack by ISIS against the SAA in North Aleppo or Damascus since the Duwayr airport attacks that were pushed back.

Shaer was a loss for the SAA, but it is not permanent. In a week it will be retaken and ISIS will be pushed back into the desert.

These recent SAA setbacks in Idlib province are a consequence of Russia withdrawing a lot of air-support and JaN being able to regroup for three months.

The SAA has made major gains, and now they are arguably overextended in certain areas.

The only question I have is if the SAA will be able to start strengthening its defense near ISIS forces. They need helicopter gunships stationed nearby in Hama for example.
>>
>>29900594
No only IS claims. The entire thing at T4 is dramatic. Just the other day IS was going back and forth at the Mahr oil field with the SAA/Ruaf and suddenly they cut all the way to T4? The helo going down is the least shocking of the entire situation. I want to see pictures of them around T4.
This is a big deal on several levels. The most fortified airbase in Syria being attacked and the road to Palmyra being cut are a couple.
>>
>>29894904
The FSA in Aleppo is practically cut-off strategically and now the North Aleppo FSA is getting BTFO on three sides.

Just because there have been minor Rebel gains where JaN is powerful, does not change the immense failure of the moderate FSA forces.
>>
>>29900628
Now that I think about it the Mahr oil field attack was probably a feint to draw the SAA away. IS acted like they were pushing there only to re direct straight for T4
>>
>>29900628
>>29900667
I have yet to see good proof of ISIS claims.

They have a tendency to exaggerate a band of 40 soldiers being some new strategic front.

I believe you are giving ISIS way too much credit for these actions.
>>
How many turkmen died?
>>
>>29900680
So you are telling me 40 IS soldiers took the village of Huwaysis, the entire Shaer gas field (which the tiger forces still can't re take) and a large part of the Mahr oil field?

These guys must be total badasses.
>>
>>29900251
>>29900339
>burning interior
>guise it's not dead

okay
>>
File: StumpRo.jpg (32 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
StumpRo.jpg
32 KB, 600x338
>>29900709
Not enough.
>>
>>29890117 The very deadly VSS Vintorez short range sniper rifle.
>>
https://twitter.com/syriahr/status/730118655921553409

Breaking from SOHR that IS has cut the Homs Palmyra highway with airstrikes containing(Ruaf) I will follow up when IS does release pictures.

Also fighting around Zabadani has restarted and Fua as another ceasefire has collapsed.
Too a sketchy video of reportly dead Shia milita killed today in southern Aleppo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMDs3JbiD3I&feature=youtu.be

I can't think of a worse week for the SAA than this for a long time. At least dateing back to Russian intervention.
>>
Zabadani will probably fall within 30 minutes top
>>
>>29902575
Here we go again , lol
>>
>>29900422
I thought that middle eastern govts. and militaries are largely compartmentalized so any happenings with the govt. doesn't really affect the goings ones of the armed forces?
>>
>>29899767
how can you tell it apart from T-72's? i can hardly separate them when parked next to each other
>>
>>29898959

Looks exactly like a B-52. Rear quarter shot of the buff for comparison:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/i4hbllt2njrossxo84fu.jpg

Look at the proportions, shape of fuselage and tail boom.
>>
>>29903414
The person to first point out it was a T-90 highlighted the IR eyes or Shtora system. If it wasn't for that I couldn't tell either.
>>
>>29902575

no
>>
File: tonk.png (502 KB, 1066x647) Image search: [Google]
tonk.png
502 KB, 1066x647
>>29903414
It is clearly either a T-72B Obr 1989 or T-90 as it has Kontact-5 ERA, however the footage is too shitty to tell which one it is. Personally I would guess T-72 as there is clearly something on the right of the turret and what appears to be a gap on the left of the turret, as well as its greater numerical presence in the area.
>>
>>29900257
Agree with you that IS is aware this will force the SAA to stop everything they are doing to defend the area and this than snowballs into other SAA operations around the country. It's a timing issue.

It also forces the Russians to start asking questions. They made their big show at Palmyra to show their withdraw was successful but was it now. Was it even a real withdraw? They have to start pouring military back into the country or risk losing everything. The SAA can't handle this shit.
>>
Why isn't nobody talking about the rebels being BTFO in northern Aleppo by ISIS?

After taking Dudyan, the ragheads split the rebels pocket in two.
>>
>>29904409
Because nothing much happened there today. I don't disagree with you. This battle shifts so wildly I have been reduced to just reporting the village captures and re captures. At the end of the day US air support keeps them from being wiped out. It's another question as to how long the FSA northern pocket can keep playing tennis with IS too.
>>
>>29904230
It's a T-90, you can clearly see the Shtora.
>>
File: 1425403134722.jpg (111 KB, 1058x705) Image search: [Google]
1425403134722.jpg
111 KB, 1058x705
Remember way back in 2010/2011 when this was all just some people protesting in the capital?
>>
>>29900911
>Interior

If I recall the gun should be spewing smoke if the insides are penetrated?
>>
>>29905912
I remember back in 2012/2013 (I think?) when the battle for Aleppo was only a month old and the media were reporting how the rebels were primarily using shotguns and pistols because of the lack of military supplies they had at the time and it sounded like they could have been overrun at any moment. I also remember mainstream news putting up links to pages where you could donate to the rebels.
>>
File: captagon.jpg (55 KB, 810x498) Image search: [Google]
captagon.jpg
55 KB, 810x498
Are fighters still popping amphetamines like candy to keep going? WaPo article from November talks about how Syria has become a huge drug producer since 2014:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/11/19/the-tiny-pill-fueling-syrias-war-and-turning-fighters-into-super-human-soldiers/
>>
File: smoker.jpg (254 KB, 1280x1440) Image search: [Google]
smoker.jpg
254 KB, 1280x1440
>>29906875
?
>>
>>29906875
You know that would require the breech to be open right?
>>
Bumping minor update. IS still controls the road next to T4 and all Shia militia Khan Touman counter attacks have failed again today.
>>
>>29880809
It's as if he knows the guy he's looking at.
>>
>>29883714
The second pic is the dead jap war tourist. Can't believe anyone falls for that shit.
>>
New TOW video out. Used in an anti infantry role, this one hits the road as assumedly Shia militia try to flee. The blast looks like it killed them. Very Hollywood like when they try to run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZBSupbLxNA

About T4. One source is saying that he thinks IS has a media blackout on the fighting around T4 and he doesn't know why.
>>
File: famas.jpg (29 KB, 533x540) Image search: [Google]
famas.jpg
29 KB, 533x540
Recent IS propaganda execution has something really interesting, an execution done by a Beretta Cx4 Storm.
>>
>>29910425
Video already down and not surprised. It was graphic. Rebels around Khan Touman are laying the ATGMs on thick. Today 9 Hezbollah were killed in Aleppo including a commander named Mousallah Youness. The Iranians want Khan Touman back and they are paying for it with their proxies. Rebels took heavy casualties as well but have formed a solid defense line.

Khan Touman is surrounded by flat ground making assault risky. Losing it turned into a bloody mess for both sides. Knowing Iranian tactics they are going to keep sending their cannon bait out there to die.
>>
>>29910425

Anyone repost this on another site for viewing?
>>
>>29910629
Some people have it on twitter like here
https://twitter.com/badly_xeroxed/status/730385550188916736
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57IT3PKGwpo

heh how did I miss this? PKK battle/kurds are live streaming from Turkey now
>>
>>29910231
>jap war tourist
Thats a thing?
>>
>>29910681
at least something is happening now, they got eyes on a APC of some type
>>
File: 1423875454855.png (27 KB, 402x348) Image search: [Google]
1423875454855.png
27 KB, 402x348
>>29900600
>binnish town
D: oh dog D:
>>
>>29910495
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beretta_Cx4_Storm

according to Wiki, Libya ordered 1900 before the Arab Spring
>>
File: just a common BMP-2.png (530 KB, 769x438) Image search: [Google]
just a common BMP-2.png
530 KB, 769x438
>>29910425
Feel sorry for that guy that started running to the wall, he's really desperate.

I don't have anything to report, except the news that ISIS took control of an abandonned batallion base near T4 airbase.

Reports of clashes between the YPG/SDF and ISIS in Zur Maghar, near Jarabulus.

Yesterday was not reported here, but the SAA/NDF attacked Rebels in that area between Quneitra and Daraa, called the "Triangle of Death". And should be noted that there are still fighting between Rebels/Nusra and ISIS afilliates in the Yourmuk Camp.

>>29910681
What a time to be alive.
>>
File: poor's man slat.png (994 KB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
poor's man slat.png
994 KB, 1024x435
>>
>>29907076
can't imagine why that'd change given how desperate both sides are and the money involved.
>>
Finally, I get to post about a SAA advance. The SAA has made a advance in Zibdin, eastern Ghouta during an offensive. Both sides took loses.
The SAA has been quietly gaining ground there but today it looks like they were able to make a big advance.
>>
>>29911141
this pro SAA source sums it up better than me.
https://twitter.com/sayed_ridha/status/730401044409110530
>>
>>29899444

just how many battledorfs are there in Syria
>>
>>29911157
Two last things unless something major happens.
The pro rebel damage control over eastern Ghouta which is partly truth they stopped the SAA at Bala in eastern Ghouta causing casualties however they lost a good section of ground I expect maps coming soon from the pro guys.
And a dropbox of the full TOW video from this morning. What caused the instant deaths wasn't the missile itself , it was when it hit the road the concrete splashed up like shrapnel and ripped them to pieces. This is how a TOW can kill people instead of armor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvsABWu1a7g
>>
>>29907107

Anyone have any mirrors for this video? The original has been taken down
>>
>>29880703
>Didn't know that Turkey have the Sabra
The turkish army dasignation is M60T. The Israeli designation is Sabra III.
>>
about time this shitty war ends.
>>
>>29911766
Except it's not ending, it's only the end of the beginning
>>
File: CiMEi0FWEAAMSPP.jpg (208 KB, 1023x666) Image search: [Google]
CiMEi0FWEAAMSPP.jpg
208 KB, 1023x666
>>29911294
Getting close to my usual quitting time with some recaps. Map for SAA gains in east Ghouta.

Video is cell phone footage taken off a dead Shia fighter in Khan Touman. Get a inside look at the lives of Iranian cannon fodder before their deaths. Don't worry, the Iranians have many more of these guys to replace them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEV3-lImY8
>>
File: 5003.jpg (259 KB, 810x459) Image search: [Google]
5003.jpg
259 KB, 810x459
IS person with boonie attacking iraqi security forces
>>
>>29911894
I couldn't end it without breaking from IS. IS claims to have killed 25 SAA trying to advance on the village of Huwaysis. Huwaysis is part of the Homs/Hama IS offensive. It was one of the first places they captured.

http://pressvideos.xyz/v/mt11052016-360.mp4
Video is IS by T4
>>
File: erdogan_and_wife.jpg (1 MB, 1932x1968) Image search: [Google]
erdogan_and_wife.jpg
1 MB, 1932x1968
erdogan lights up kurdish bordertown nusaybin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqz2GiTEo_k
>>
File: PutinTeror.jpg (28 KB, 533x480) Image search: [Google]
PutinTeror.jpg
28 KB, 533x480
Russian Ministry of Defense announced the death of one of the Russian soldiers died of his wounds in Homs.
>>
Quick post and i'm gone: breaking of a Russian solider killed in Homs which I assume was fighting IS at time of death.

http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3274017
>>
File: hurricane.png (313 KB, 475x355) Image search: [Google]
hurricane.png
313 KB, 475x355
>>29913139
>http://tass.ru/armiya-i-opk/3274017

From google translator:

>Russian soldier Anton Erygin was seriously injured in the Syrian province of Homs, and died in hospital.
>"In the province of Homs in the performance of tasks on maintenance of vehicles of the Russian Center for Reconciliation of the warring parties as a result of shelling by militants seriously injured Russian soldier Anton Erygin. The wounded soldier was quickly taken to the hospital, where the Russian military doctors for two days fought for the life of Anton, but to save it could not be ", - said the representative of the Centre.
Command soldier is presented to the state award posthumously.

>>29911894
It really piss me off to see the Iranian wasting manpower like this, when this is one of the issues that the SAA suffer and the number one reason for those militias to be in Syria, in first place. But make what, this is the way the IRGC handle their troops, since ever.
>>
>>29913313
What the hell is Russian Center for Reconciliation?
>>
>>29913406
Maybe it's for Slavs who got friendzoned by their gf's.
>>
>>29913427
Because you really can't expect much else from E.Nigga.
>>
>>29913406
It's the Ruskie way of saying "Peacekeeping Force".
>>
>>29898281

His organs would have been ruptured. He bled to death internally.
>>
>>29899444
must of been a short engagement
>>
>>29914056
Fuck off Carlos, go build the wall!
>>
>>29913523
Reconciliation Forces sounds scarier than Peacekeeping Forces, and I'm assuming that's intentional
>>
>>29914056
you'll never get engaged in your life
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 97

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.