[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happens if you're Serbian-American or Iranian-American
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6
File: fragezeichenmaedchen.jpg (56 KB, 498x500) Image search: [Google]
fragezeichenmaedchen.jpg
56 KB, 498x500
What happens if you're Serbian-American or Iranian-American and in the military and they make you bomb or take action against your own country? Do people go through that?
>>
>>29581822
No because you're American, America is your country
>>
>>29581822
if you are an american and you are bombing iran or serbia you are not bombing your own country. if you consider those to be your country go back there.
>>
>>29582099
>>29581842

Well what if you have dual nationality and are proud of your heritage? Many Irish-Americans, German-Americans, Italian-Americans etc.m , even African-Americans, are passionate over their heritage. You're bombing your own people and what's more important than blood? It's like joining the military only to kill your own mother. How did Japanese-Americans and German-Americans in the military handle this in WWII?
>>
>>29582125
If you feel strongly about it, stop double dealing and pick a side. When you promise to fight enemies both foreign and domestic, you take into account that those foreign enemies may hail from a country you personally are fond of.
>Japanese-Americans
They were in camps.
>>
File: Superman cartoon.jpg (192 KB, 855x628) Image search: [Google]
Superman cartoon.jpg
192 KB, 855x628
>>29582178
>>Japanese-Americans
>They were in camps.
Only in California.
>>
>>29582178

But desertion means death. Can you say "Staff Sergeant, I object to this action on personal and moral grounds, can I just sit this one out?"
>>
>>29582211
No.

You shouldn't have signed up if there was any country other than the US that you cared about.
>>
>>29582231

:(

Looks like I'll either have to fight in my home country's crappy military or hope that for 4 years no fighting involving my country occurs and we stay allies.
>>
>>29582178
>Japanese-Americans
>They were in camps

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/442nd_Infantry_Regiment_(United_States)
>>
>>29582242
There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all … The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic … There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else. - Teddy Roosevelt
>>
>>29582256
>Beginning in 1944, the regiment fought primarily in Europe during World War II,[2] in particular Italy, southern France, and Germany.

This is a smart move. I hope there's an option like that for me if I ever join the US military.
>>
>>29582261

Well I agree with Roosevelt but I am a naturalized American.
>>
>>29582273
Not if you care about your home country.
>>
File: 1366440399937.jpg (26 KB, 484x604) Image search: [Google]
1366440399937.jpg
26 KB, 484x604
>>29582125
>african american
90% of the people that call themselves that have never set foot in africa and never will, the last time any of their ancestors set foot in africa was before the US civil war, and the only slavery they have had since the civil war was self inflicted laziness and stupidy with a healthy dose of welfare and section 8 housing.
>>
>>29582279

Oh sorry, I forgot that I already pledged my allegiance solely to the jew masters of the USA on the citizenship test.
>>
>>29582289

It doesn't matter if it was 300 years ago, 300 years later it's an inherent, very evident and unavoidable part of who they are, just like the Amish have been there for as long. And what I had in mind was that many of them have gone back to Africa to meet with their "ancestors" based on some in my opinion invalid DNA tests, which as much as it is folly means they do care about it.
>>
>>29582279

Does it go "God, Corps, Country"? In which case your allegiance to the Corps supersedes even your allegiance to POTUS and the USA
>>
>>29582362
That's just a motto, not an actual pledge of allegiance.
>>
>>29582307
>it's an inherent, very evident and unavoidable part of who they are

Simply because they happen to share the same skin color as most of the continent? Nobody will deny that many people of color in american take interest in their roots, but in all honesty, what percentage of them make it their lifestyle? 10% seems generous to me, given the proliferation of Catholicism among predominantly black communities.

And the Amish are very much an AMERICAN people. That's why we generally say Amish, and not Pennsylvania Dutch. All of this being said, the Amish still stick to their language roots and traditional customs. As such, they are simultaneously more American and more rooted in their home culture than the vast majority of people of color. All of this is to say, it's a bad example.
>>
>>29582273
Are you Syrian? I can't think of any other place being "liberated" in the near future, so I think you're fine.
>>
>I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Seems pretty clear
>>
>>29582307
Amish aren't from Africa you idiot
>>
>>29582289
What's surprising to me is that all the people I've met who are actually from Africa are pretty chill, nothing like their Americanized cousins.
>>
>>29582545
because what's wrong with blacks in America is culture, not genetics. People raised away from the toxic criminal culture nurtured by the CIA and media heads are fine.
>>
File: 1456010918084.gif (2 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
1456010918084.gif
2 MB, 500x209
There were 10,000 Germans in the British Army in WWII.

Because you're from a country doesn't mean you have some retarded hardwired loyalty to its politics.
>>
>>29581822
Actually you become a potentially useful asset and you'll probably get recruited by intelligence networks.

Like that Iranian-American Marine who joined the CIA and was jailed for spying in Tehran by the Iranians, he just got released and went home.
>>
>>29582231
Unless i guess you count conscientious objectors, which only work during a draft and with religious reasoning. However, this means no fighting at all.
>>
>>29582125
>How did Japanese-Americans and German-Americans in the military handle this in WWII?

Same as any other person that realizes that they are at war with some governing power and not every individual happens to live in the country. Unless they're fucking idiots that didn't understand that not every German is a nazi.

How the fuck do people handle civil wars? By going with the side thats better in their mind
>>
>>29582242
Do you understand how many citizens CC in case they have to kill their own countrymen? How many assaults and murders even within a given city? And here we are talking about an entire nation that would hypothetically have done some shit to bring your NEW COUNTRY into the shit.

Maybe take a desk job in the machine if it's that serious
>>
File: 1452615957639.jpg (606 KB, 456x628) Image search: [Google]
1452615957639.jpg
606 KB, 456x628
>>29582561
> It's culture not genetics guis that's why Africa is a utopia with a rich production industry and isn't the corruption, rape, and murder capital of the entire earth (all while being the most naturally mineral rich landmass on the planet)
>>
>>29582194
California being freedom hating shits, as always.
>>
>>29582178

>>29582256
>>29582266

no "Go for Broke!" fans ITT?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043590/

>they prefer to be called BuddahHeads! get it right!
>>
>>29581822
Realistically they probably will try to keep you as far out of the issue as possible to avoid the possibility of fraternization, or sympathizing. If you can prove to be a valuable asset though they might employ you as a linguist or anything to aid foreign relations.
>>
>>29582852
>all while being the most naturally mineral rich landmass on the planet
so are Koreans retarded too, because North Korea isn't able to develop it's mineral wealth? Or is it a little more complex than black and white?
>>
>>29582915
> comparing an island being ruled over by a family of genocidal dictators under the protection of China to an entire continent that has been a pile of shit since the stone ages

It's honestly staggering how far one has to bend reality to try and defend how shit Africa is and has always been.
>>
>>29582950
why? general African political situations have scarcely been free and democratic over the last century and a half, which is about all the time they've had to industrialize.
The black countries that are stable are developing fine when they aren't dealing with crazed Muhammadans or guerilla infestations.
>>
>>29582974
When European traders first went to sub Saharan Africa they hadn't even invented the fucking wheel yet and were still living in mud huts, in fact they are still living in mud huts.

What's not debatable is the fact that sub Saharan Africans have an average 80 iq even when taking into account education, that is classified as mentally retarded and it makes sense why Africa is a shithole.

You can try and bullshit your way out of reality for the rest of your life but reality will still remain reality.
>>
>>29583038
Yeah, and in America we get the best Africans. Brain drain. And these ones aren't fucked by the American engineered black culture.
>>
>>29582852
Ah yes I forget that every African ever born was child soldier before becoming a war lord. Silly me for thinking that multiple cultures can exist on a massive fucking continent.

Wait...you do know what culture is right?
>>
>>29583205
Not an argument
>>
>>29581822
ABC here, I hope China gets fucked up if/when the SCS goes hot. Mostly because my ancestors fled communism's retardation before becoming US citizens.
>>
>I'm a sandnigger who doesn't want to kill other sandniggers
>But I joined the United States Army
You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?
>>
>>29582261
>>29582289

Both of you need to go figure out why the fuck the US cares about how much or little negro I've got in my blood. I'm tired of that bullshit.

I stopped being African whenever my negro bloodline left africa or whatever the fuck else it might've been from.

FFS my father was west virginian and mother floridian.
>>
>>29582125
The japamericans were sent to the european theatre and idk about German americans, probably sent to the Pacific.
>>
>>29584135
>German americans
Wasn't Eisenhower in charge of the European campaign?
>>
File: anopheles.jpg (16 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
anopheles.jpg
16 KB, 560x420
>>29582852
> It's culture not genetics guis that's why Africa is a utopia with a rich production industry and isn't the corruption, rape, and murder capital of the entire earth (all while being the most naturally mineral rich landmass on the planet)
Gee who could be responsible for this? Surely it couldn't have anything to do with sharing territory with the deadliest creature in existence.
>>
>>29584349
fucking brasil has tons of mosquitos too and yet they still managed to get more advanced than niggers in africa

even those drunk russians managed to do better

even POO IN LOO country does better

in fact any third world country DOES better than africa
>>
>>29582889

I hope that's true. If so I wouldn't have any problems.

>>29582638

Cool
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.