[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real men use their fists!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13
File: Wood AR.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Wood AR.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
What the hell is with this "real men use their fists" meme? If I'm walking down the street and Jamal starts trying to punch me out of the blue, can I pull my gun and shoot him?

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1407362894829.jpg (29 KB, 340x377) Image search: [Google]
1407362894829.jpg
29 KB, 340x377
>>29570457

Not if you're a real man. Real men use their hokuto shin ken to explode their enemies with fists alone.
>>
>>29570457
its a logical fallacy used by people who dont like guns or by tough guys who dont like the idea of being equal to someone who is physically inferior to them
>real men use their fists
>you dont use your fists
>you arent a real man
>>
File: 40 keks.jpg (33 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
40 keks.jpg
33 KB, 500x333
>>29570469
>>
Pfft, real men don't use fists.

Real men spank the asses of tight-bodied antis with their own dick.
>>
>>29570457
Usually no, because you can't really claim self defense because you weren't really fearing for your life.
>>
File: 1455432190837.jpg (233 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
1455432190837.jpg
233 KB, 1191x670
Its a mindset that "good" people don't prepare for violence or that "good" people that do prepare for violence don't concider lethal violence an option.

Even if you're a martial artist, nobody really teaches killing techniques. I don't mean that in some spergy way, really, I trained for 10 years in various arts and only when we did some knife stuff was effective lethal technique ever discussed. This was among adults too, no kids involved. Some of the people I trained with despised guns too, probably because they don't want to think the skill they've put years into can be trumped by a few hundred dollars worth of metal. I and a few others though, embraced guns as a natural progression of being defesively minded. We appreciate being able to stand and fight hand to hand and also be able to own and /operate/ guns as a super effective means of combat.

Also, most people have a really childish view of death, that its a bad thing, not just a thing that happens. Death isn't always bad, just hard to deal with.
>>
File: T800.jpg (52 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
T800.jpg
52 KB, 768x576
>>29570457
>real men use their fists
Well when Skynet gos live the artificial men are going to be using plasma rifles so good luck those fisty cuffs.
>>
File: elite squad_matias.png (681 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
elite squad_matias.png
681 KB, 1280x692
>>29570457
It's a pathetic little fallacy, reinforced by primal instinct and action films. I agree with >>29570585
in that for people who became invested into martial arts it would be a huge anal pain to admit that in any life-or-death scenario their are next to useless.
And if it's not life or death, you should be able to not be a fucking ground ape and de-escalate the conflict and come to a compromise. If you absolutely have to use non-lethal force, use a pepper spray or a taser.
Casual fitness and lifting are useful for health and aesthetics, but everything else is a counterproductive hobby no different from collecting stamps or watching birds /thread
>>
File: 1458574058989.png (24 KB, 325x39) Image search: [Google]
1458574058989.png
24 KB, 325x39
>>29570469
My sides are already dead
>>
>>29570740
>>29570585
Your McDojo may not teach lethal techniques but mine does. I'm not saying I don't still carry but to generalize all martial arts training based on the mediocre training you received doesn't jive...
>>
>>29570559
If somebody just came up to me and started trying to punch me out, I would totally be in fear of my life, if I get knocked out, I could fall and hit my head, or he could keep hitting me on the ground, this could blind me, cripple me for life, or even kill me, I don't care what anybody says, that is totally in fear of great bodily harm or death
>>
>>29570880
Yeah well a lot of people think this isn't the case, you would be surprise how dumb people are
> hur dur he was unarmedhe was a good boy!
>>
>>29570457
Where does one find that wood furniture?
>>
>>29570965
I just saw it on an AR general a few months back and I saved it because it made my dick hard
>>
>>29570937
Pffttt yeah if your a Yankee
>>
>>29570937
Do you think if I had a good lawyer he could get me off the hook? I know George Zimmerman got off, regardless of all the chimpouts
>>
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=be5_1459900091
This guy later died of his injuries, and what scares me is that this isn't even that out of the ordinary, if Jamal was really mad at me he could kick the shit out of me while i'm on the ground and kill me.

>is your meme still funny?
>>
>>29570965
http://www.wood4ar15.com
>>
>>29570965
http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/furniture-sets/ar-15-m16-wood-rifle-furniture-sets-prod38906.aspx

Here's the correct link
>>
shameless self bump
>>
>>29570740
Home invasion = get the gun
Drunk asshole hassling you on the street = jiu jitsu/krav maga/good ol fashion boxing will do just fine
It's good to be well rounded and know what type of response is necessary given the situation
>>
>>29570864
No technique or muscle mass in the world will save you from three junkies armed with knives and rebar pieces.
>>
>>29571558
>I'm not saying I don't still carry
>>
>>29571536
>>29571573
Martial arts is waste of time. If you already have a gun and a pepper spray/taser, it's just empty effort.
Asshole in the street = pepper spray in face + kick in the balls. Incidentally, the same will also down you, or anyone else, instantly, even if you lift 80 plates natty and can punch a skyscraper in half.
>>
>>29571007
Of course, because all the evidence would point to you being justified in your action. When you're fearing for your life the last thing you need to be worrying about is a "media chimpout". Also, violent niggers get shot every day and no one gives a fuck.
>>
>>29571558
You are moving the goalposts. If a threat presents itself at a range at which I can draw and fire, that's the option I choose. But if I'm in a position where the 21 foot rule applies, I have prepared myself to do whatever is necessary. Gouge eyes, rip your balls off, throat strike, etc and I make sure you are maimed at the least.
>>
File: space-shuttle-from-plane.jpg (33 KB, 512x356) Image search: [Google]
space-shuttle-from-plane.jpg
33 KB, 512x356
>>29570469
>>
>>29571586
And what if your threat presents itself within 5' of you? You gonna leave your vitals open to attack to reach for pepper spray?
>>
Great. More martial arts autism.
>>
>>29570457
I find it funny that most the folk who say "real men use their fists" are hungry skeleton libs with months old but pristine condition boots and baby soft hands.
>>
>>29570457
Real men would use their fists and, honestly, anyone who disagrees is a big fat pussy.

However these days you never know what someone is going to try to do to you. You can't always just rely on your fists, sadly.
>>
>>29570457
If anyone ever tells you this reference th boxer rebellion when a million chinks who thought guns weren't necessary got wrecked.

T. Ching chong.
>>
>>29570457
Real men use their fists.

But real men don't mug people.
>>
>>29571637
Just go back to sitting on your ass and pretending to be tactical and let the big boys finish talking, ok sweetie?
>>
>>29571655
This. It's more sporting and "gentlemanly" to use your fists, but that requires the other person being a good enough sport to not pull out a knife or a handgun.
>>
>>29571611
>>29571631
You must be a licensed autist, the bit about gouging eyes actually made me smile. "Threat presents"... Jesus Christ, just buy that exit bag already.
If somebody managed to get a hold of you with the intention to kill, you're already dead. In a life of death scramble, the only thing matters is who strikes first. If you spotted the attacker before he goes for you - use spray/gun. If you didn't - you'll die, one stab or baton hit - and it's over for you.
Also
>>29571655
>>29571700
You are either baiting, or actual MLP fans. Honor? Gentelmen? What the fuck do you think this is? The best tools are the ones that do the job efficiently and with minimal costs, nothing else can matter.
>>
>>29571729
>The best tools are the ones that do the job efficiently and with minimal costs, nothing else can matter.
And that makes you literally no better than a nigger or a raghead.
>>
>>29571736
I guarantee you've never fought for your health and never had to actually flee someone, fearing for your life or life of those close to you. Because one second of fight-or-flight will wash anything these thoughts right out.
>>
>>29571783
This wasn't a problem before slavery was abolished. You didn't have to worry about some jigaboo stabbing you for $5 for crack.
>>
>>29571729
Well unfortunately I have real world experience to back up what I'm saying. Fishhooking works. eye gouging works. It's just that most martial arts schools only mention these things and never put them into practice because they are worried about "liability" or just that people will get uncomfortable and stop training. you obviously don't have a lot of experience with physical conflict or efficient and realistic martial arts training.
>>
>>29571729
You aren't fucking quick draw McGraw faggot. You just gonna lay down and die if someone jumps you before you can pull your gun?
>>
>>29571729
>The best tools are the ones that do the job efficiently and with minimal costs, nothing else can matter.
Exactly, which makes it a pipe dream to speak of "gentlemanly" fighting, which is to say, fighting until someone gives up or gets KO'd. Fighting for life and limb is another story altogether, though.

When it comes to life or death, nothing is considered cheap or unfair. That just goes without saying.
>>
>>29570469
>Tfw Tyrone's pressure points are reversed because his heart is on the right side
>>
>>29571868
If you had the ability to read or to simply reason, you would understand that at that point you are already fucked.

You either
A) Have the situational awareness to avoid getting into a compromising situation, or end a conflict before it reaches that point

or

B) Get fucked

Your cold steel knifes arent going to help you in a fight
>>
File: 1459990696595.jpg (60 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1459990696595.jpg
60 KB, 512x384
>>29572056
holy shit
>>
>>29571586
>martial arts is a waste of time
>training in violence is a waste of time
No. Martial arts is a catch-all for any set of exercises which prepare one human to kill or disable another. If you've ever shot a gun at a target you've engaged in a martial art. Saying martial arts is a waste of time is literally gun-grabber thinking.

Suggesting that physical strength and hand to hand ability is useless is also dumb. What are you going to do if you have an important trip to a place where you can't carry a gun? How about if someone grabs your hand when you're drawing and your little bitch hands can't even bruise him, let alone knock him out? Guns aren't magic wands, you need to train to use them. If you are strong and have good muscle control then you're better able to shoot quickly and accurately.
>>
>>29572153
Don't give us that shit Webster, you know exactly what he was talking about
>>
It's a kind of hipster anti gun thing

I only heard one person ever say it to me and he could of got his ass beat by a stiff breeze so it was weird.

Also nothing martial arts teaches counters the stomped by a bunch of urban youths attack.

Running and situational awareness are your best defense.
>>
>>29572028
>gives up or gets KO'd
>implying a KO on cement isn't more than enough to permanently maim you or kill you
>>
>>29570457
Real men used their fists because the M-16's always jammed.
>>
>>29572330
>le m16 jam maymay
>>
depending on your build, if you have a high enough DT you can easily ignore bullet/slashing/bashing damage and roll for melee attack
>>
>>29570469
Fucking /thread
>>
>>29572316
>imblying obbonent doesnt catch yu falling

I'll concede that smacking your head onto pavement due to KO isn't good for you..... But you're a big fat pussy who was raised by a woman or are a woman yourself if you think smacking your head on the pavement will maim you forever. Any young boy has cracked their body on pavement several times in their life. It's nothing to worry about you faggot
>>
>>29572473
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYhT8Jy-R1k&nohtml5=False
>being tough will protect your brain matter
you just got BTFO
>>
>>29572606
That's not commonplace...
>>
>>29572735
m8 i'm not gonna risk my life even a little to fight somebody when I could do one of four things
>fucking shoot them
>de escalate
>walk/run away
>pepper spray them
>>
>>29570457
I see what kind of gun you use, profligate. I am a real man and member of the Legion. I only use my fists because we cannot rely on guns. The only NCR profligate that can even threaten anyone in a fist fight is that ranger we captured a few weeks ago. There was also some funny looking guy who killed a bunch of our men around Nipton with his fists. He killed all the powder gangers too. It was a real mess to clean up, with our soldiers and dead dogs everywhere. Anyway, that's about it. Ave Caesar.
>>
>>29572785
You do realize that if you were that lady, your hand would JUST start to touch your handgun as his fist is making contact with your jaw? No matter who you are, that particular situation you are screwed, really.

If she had some time and saw the fucker approaching her shadily, she coulda got her piece out.
>>
>>29570457
http://www.necn.com/news/new-england/Police-65-Year-Old-Grandmother-Shoots-Would-Be-Robber-in-Manchester-New-Hampshire-364444891.html
unfortunately were not all real men anon.
>>
File: 56456.jpg (645 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
56456.jpg
645 KB, 1600x900
>>29570457
>What the hell is with this "real men use their fists" meme?
This is basically what Russian self-defense laws are. If someone punches you and you shoot him you will be charged with murder. Real men should settle dispute in the fair fist fight. Russia is BASED, Russia is country of real men. Fatburgers can't argue that.
>>
>>29572932
That's bullshit. Everyone uses every legal loophole he can get, the best "firearm" you can (semi)easily get is an Osa, a castrated non-gun that shoots rubber bullets, so everyday you hear about shootings with those, eyes shot out point blank, shootings in metro, shootings in traffic, etc. If someone doesn't have an Osa, he gets a pneumatic, or a knife, or a bat/axe/scythe. Nobody ever fights "fair" if they can help it.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 355x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 355x492
>>29570504
This.
>>
File: 1459274907569.jpg (280 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1459274907569.jpg
280 KB, 1024x683
shit meme spread by people who would get put into the ground in the event of an actual fistfight.

If you're not a retard, you're going to kill an attacker in the most efficient way possible.
>>
>>29570880

fight or flight, make a decision. if it is reasonable and available for you to get out of a dangerous situation, why not do it?
>>
>>29571603
>Violent niggers get shot every day and no one gives a fuck

This, in particular. As long as your not some politician, or police officer, barely anyone will give a shit. Best results if you got a crowd or security cam footage showing him making swings as/after the shots are fired.

>>29571655
The fuck? Really? You want an honorable fight, go partake of a martial arts competition. The sorts of fights where the rules are agreed on in advance. If you want to protect your life, there's one rule, and its pretty simple. Do what you must to survive. As soon as you've neutralized the immediate threat, if he's still alive, call an ambulance or get help or some shit. If he's dead, do it anyways, it'll look good.
>>
>>29571655
Why would I want to get in a street fight? That sounds awful desu
>>
My usual responce (I live in California so I actually hear this from time to time) "Well that is sexist" Then right as they come up with some way of wording it I say "I've got about 100lbs on your girlfriend, She would be much better off shooting me then trying to punch me. And I'm not the meanest mother fucker I've seen this week. I'll be a little chicken shit in your eyes over being a dead badass"
>>
>>29571655
real men also don't go around picking fights with people or breaking into homes.

pugilism became boxing. some jerk off on the street mugging you with his crew for crack money and your iphone are going to fucking shoot you or stab you. then you can bleed out like a real man when you try to throw a punch.

some dude at a bar talking big and insults you or smacks you? sure, knock him out.

completely different situations, and they call for different things. a real man is resourceful and can think on his feet, applying the proper response for the situation. for many modern encounters that involve a power disparity by numbers or weapons, you had better be on the winning side of that fight, and the winning side has stupid dog luck, a gun and the will to use it, or both.
>>
>>29571655
so wyatt earp wasn't a real man?
gotcha.
look, if you want honorable fights, join MMA or karate or some shit.
for self defense, being unarmed is a good way to end up as worm food.
>>
Children in a schoolyard use their fists.

I don't have the inclination for childish games.
>>
File: 100m-dash.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
100m-dash.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>29574564
>outrun a black person with a PhD in running at/from shit
>>
It's the sign of a brute.

Someone who fist fights because it's fair, only considers it fair because of their size and strength advantage.

If you're in a fight that has escalated to fists, fighting fair is for the idiot. Then again, I'm a 5'4 manlet, so what do I know.
>>
>>29571736
Against an honorable opponent use fists. On nogs :in whatever color:use any means necessary. Note never ran into an honorable opponent outside of training so moot point
>>
>>29572785
Not at all uncommon bunch of crazy fucks with mental/motor/cognitive disorders from this exact thing and that is just the hospital I work in
>>
>>29570880
You are 100% correct and remember to drive home that fact and answer any "but-" with "fuck you, great bodily harm and injury or death means I get to defend myself indiscriminately."
>>
>>29570504
>putting this into standard form

if you're majoring in philosophy you need to stop while your still employed
>>
>>29570504
Concur
>>
>>29574564
>fight or flight, make a decision.
Except its not you that makes the decision. Your adrenaline kicks in and a lot of people in those situations don't even remember going for their gun, they just instinctively did it. It happens that quick. Other times, the bad guy makes the decision for you by blocking your exit or trying to restrain you.
>>
>>29574564
>>29579312
Oops. Sorry, after re-reading your post and mine, I realize that I come off as attacking you. I thought you were saying we should all just run away.
>>
>>29571655
>>29571700
In 2016 the only gentlemanly combat you will get is a white-knight with a fedora and katana challenging you to a duel for her heart. Which, though I respect, I'm still gonna pull an Indiana Jones and just shoot you.

All other opponents will not hesitate to shank/shoot you for $60 of crack money
>>
I haven't lost a fight or been called a pussy after a fight in 15 years. Also haven't been in a fair fight in 15 years confidentially.

Moral of the story, no one talks shit after getting fucked up, regardless of how you do it.

>Last fair fight I was in, I was knocked out and had my unconscious head kicked by a nigger who was over twice my weight. I weighted less than a hundred pounds and he was at about 200. But you're right, he's a man for using his fists.
Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.