[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you prefer striker-fired or hammer-fired handguns? Why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (125 KB, 1000x663) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125 KB, 1000x663
Do you prefer striker-fired or hammer-fired handguns? Why
>>
For cary. Striker ( no snag no lint)
For fun hammer
>>
Hammer fired simply due to the trigger feel and being able to ride into a holster.

I dont really like DA/SA for carry though. I prefer the HK LEM trigger for best of both worlds
>>
>>29196898
>lint
K I can understand that if ur OCD in all.
>no snag
Nigger wtf is the hammer going to snag on?
>>
>>29196857
No preference. I swing both ways.
>>
I like da/SA, even for carry.
>>
>>29196929
The lint in my pocket
>>
>>29196857
I prefer hammer fired simply due to the illusion of safety. I feel like I have more control over the action as a whole if there is a hammer. Doesn't mean I don't own or like striker fire.
>>
>>29197000
lint, killer of man
>>
I like strikers. Consistent trigger + shorter trigger travel + lighter weight + shorter reset. Striker fired guns usually are extremely simple in that there are no other controls except mag release, slide lock, and trigger.

I'm not against hammers but in general striker fired guns are usually cheaper than hammer fired alternatives. I also don't feel like learning to master DA/SA transition. Now the HK LEM trigger is the most interesting I've tried and would love to own a few but HK prices (both gun and magazines) are outrageous and I don't really care for paddle mag releases..
>>
>>29196857
Hammer. I feel they're a bit safer in general - whether DAO, DA/SA or SA with a thumb safety - also the *ability* to have a better trigger than any striker-fired pistol.
>>
>>29196857
I own both, carry striker.

I've always been enamored by striker fired handguns though. The fact that you can pull the slide off and see every bit of mechanical movement from the takeup to the bang has always been really cool for me.

Most hammer guns have all that stuff inside the frame (mainspring, sear spring, disconnector) that are cool in their own right, but I've always been a striker fan.
>>
>>29196857
Hammer-fired will generally have a better trigger feel than striker-fired, and I say that as someone who owns a PPQ, which has a phenomenal trigger for any handgun. Hammer-fired triggers are just smoother and crisper by design. Plus, as people have said, you can ride the hammer into your holster.
>>
da/sa. Trigger pull is nicer IMO. I carried a Shield for a year and I've recently switched to a makarov because of the trigger. I'll take a long, smooth pull over an abrupt break any day.
>>
>>29202628
You own a Shield, but you switched to a Makarov? That is some next level autism.
>>
File: p7m13mexleft.jpg (46 KB, 455x285) Image search: [Google]
p7m13mexleft.jpg
46 KB, 455x285
>>29201672
Than any?
>>
i prefer to shoot da/sa for fun but carry striker
less shit to snag, less shit to go wrong, less shit to rust, lighter, no hammer jabbing me in the gut.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.