[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53
File: photo.jpg (462 KB, 1296x968) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
462 KB, 1296x968
So I thought I'd start a thread for my question that doesn't deserve a thread. Possible dumb ass anon here so bear with me.

Is this red stuff rust? If so what do I do?
>>
you found yourself a holographic gun, they are much rarer than regular guns.
>>
>>28237824

That red stuff is rust. It is surface rust. Get some CLP or other gun oil and a brass brush and brush it away.
>>
>>28237824
How should I go about cleaning my M1903 pistol? I dont want to damage anything but I'd love to clean it a bit.
>>
>>28237927
WalMart carries a special cleaning kit for that, ask the knowledgeable and friendly clerk in the sporting goods section for guidance
>>
What the hell is this type of hood called, I'd seen a lot of pictures before and now it's appearing in games and movies and I can never describe it well enough in google to get an answer.
>>
>>28237991
Gotcha man thanks. Ive seen how people can trash a family heirloom doing this.
>>
>>28237999
I'd suck 9 dicks for 9 boxes of 9mm.
>>
>>28238008
All I can ever describe it as is "hood with rope on it". Note; I'm fucking retarded.
>>
yes here's what you do

1) reassemble gun
2) insert magazine
3) chamber round
4) shoot self in head
>>
>>28238031
Sure, I'll put it in your pooper for 1 box of 5.56.
>>
>>28238008
Ghillie Hood; for putting local flora in to help blend into your surroundings and break up your outline. Super duper elite snipers use it a lot
>>
>>28237910
>>28237824

It's AIDS.
>>
>>28238022
You are one cheap slut
What would you do for 22LR you naughty boy?
>>
>>28238049
A handy.

And before you ask, 7.62 will get you a rimjob.
>>
>>28238046
Thank you, my bud suggested it was something like that but I'm to fucking stupid and thought it couldn't be that simple.
>>
>>28238057
w-what will a box of .50 BMG get me?
>>
>>28238057
Sold, I have plenty of those calibers. Expect to be a live in ammosexual.
You will be afforded a semi-finished basement with full laundry privileges, a full bath, kitchenette and access to the house dishwasher in exchange for ammo to sex services.
>>
>>28238075
[spoiler]I'll hold your hand for a full minute[/spoiler]
>>28238092
Am I allotted other gentleman callers?
>>
>>28238111
Well behaved boys get the big toys.
>>
>>28237910
doesn't look like rust to me.

>>28237999
depends who's blowing, you'd figure the prostitutes going rate for a bj then convert that to the retail cost of the ammo minus thirty percent.
>>
The forend on my SxS shotgun is wiggly and rattly. Can I just put some felt between the grip and the barrel, or is this a firehazard?
>>
File: 70.3.png (307 KB, 410x371) Image search: [Google]
70.3.png
307 KB, 410x371
Why do i see operators with 2 sets of binos? Even the new Revision Exoskeleton under development right now has them built in. What purpose does it serve, and wouldn't it fuck your field of view?
>>
>>28238210
>2 sets of binos
That's a fucking set of NODs dumbass.
>>
>>28238139
wool felt should be okay, or some cork, if it's plastic felt it could melt.

>>28238210
if pic related it's exactly meant to give you a wider field of view.
>>
>>28238219
There's a reason why I asked.
And why the fuck would he be wearing NODs during the day if he's not trying to fry his eyes?
>>28238243
Thank you
>>
Why is 5.56 instead of a round, especially in modern firefights where the minimum engagement range exceeds 500m most of the time? Surely
>>
>>28238259
He's on a fucking swingset. Do you really think that's a serious picture?
>>
>>28238259
those are nods, that's a shop.
https://tnvc.com/shop/l-3-gpnvg-18/
>>
>>28238268
Larger rou
>>
>>28238259
> fry his eyes
Pog
NADs automatically switch off when theres too bright a light. Unless its below tier 2
>>
>>28238268
>modern firefights where the minimum engagement range exceeds 500m most of the time?
if that's true it's just because the us has been fighting in the desert and mountains lately, it'll close to under a 100 as soon as they declare war on someone with some cities and forests.
>>
>>28238290
I mean even looking through the thermals sometimes with the gunners sights fucks with my eyes after some time. Shit, I haven't used an actual pair since basic
>>
>>28238269
You have a valid point. I remember seeing a few pictures and videos of them being used during the day. I'm probably mistaken.
>>
How good are the Norinco mak-90s? How original of an AKM is it? Do they take standard AKM furniture? My LGS has two of the thumbhole stock versions (one with wood for 700, the other with polymer for 650)
Is there anything in particular I should look out for with these things?
>>
>>28237824
So when a Lee-Enfield's bolt is uncocked, the firing-pin protrudes from the bolt head, and doesn't disappear until you close the action when working the bolt.

Wouldn't there be problems with that since the firing-pin's protruding from the bolt-head when stripping a cartridge from the magazine? I just want to make sure there's nothing wrong with my rifle.
>>
>>28238356
The MAK-90 is an excellent AK. They're great if you want a Chinese AK, they're not as common because of our Chinese firearm embargo.
>>
>>28237824
there's already a QTDDTOT thread up
>>
>>28238377

No, because when the bolt is "up" the cocking cam has withdrawn the cocking piece..
>>
File: CZ.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
CZ.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>28238386
Do they take standard AKM furniture? The thumbhole stock really doesnt do it for me. Does it have standard AK-type threads on the muzzle? These are my two biggest questions, as well as does it have a side mounted scope mount?
Pic unrelated
>>
File: 1442121062151.png (210 KB, 381x379) Image search: [Google]
1442121062151.png
210 KB, 381x379
question for fellow milfags:
to be eligible to transfer your gi bill, it says on the va website that you need at least 6 years active or reserve services and agree to serve and additional 4. by the end of my contract i will have 6 years active. does this mean i can switch to reserves, get a real job (from free education while active), and after 4 years of weekend warrioring i can transfer my gi bill?
thanks.
>>
>>28238969
>serve AN additional 4
>>
Just ordered my first Mosin, an all-matching (hopefully) M44.

My question is, two-fold:

One, the hell is up with all the "Wolf" or "Bear" variants of 54r ammo?
And two, is it normal to have a sudden urge to put on an ushanka, don a fur coat, and stuff every pocket of the fur coat with vodka bottles?
>>
File: Auto Nugget and little nugget.jpg (1 MB, 1353x4133) Image search: [Google]
Auto Nugget and little nugget.jpg
1 MB, 1353x4133
>>28239318
>One, the hell is up with all the "Wolf" or "Bear" variants of 54r ammo?
What do you mean? The only real difference between the ammo is if it's Zinc plated, Lacquer Coated, etc... Don't know why you wouldn't just buy surplus though.

>And two, is it normal to have a sudden urge to put on an ushanka, don a fur coat, and stuff every pocket of the fur coat with vodka bottles?

Yes as is typical with most people when they get there first gun, hope you're a decent size guy to shoot a mosin in an enjoyable way.

Here's one of my M44's
>>
>>28239361
>What do you mean? The only real difference between the ammo is if it's Zinc plated, Lacquer Coated, etc... Don't know why you wouldn't just buy surplus though.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/productlist/ammo-shooting/rifle-ammo/762x54r-ammo?d=121&c=96&s=954
Link related. There's "Silver Bear" and then "Brown Bear" ammo in the first two boxes. Is there a difference or is it like "X grade ammo + company name"?

>Yes as is typical with most people when they get there first gun, hope you're a decent size guy to shoot a mosin in an enjoyable way.
I've got a few other firearms, but this is my first milsurp.
>>
>>28238396
That's not a cocking cam. It's simply to withdraw the pin so it doesn't get worn when ejecting or hi the primer when chambering.
>>
File: 100_0271.jpg (4 MB, 3009x4599) Image search: [Google]
100_0271.jpg
4 MB, 3009x4599
>>28239400
>Link related. There's "Silver Bear" and then "Brown Bear" ammo in the first two boxes. Is there a difference or is it like "X grade ammo + company name"?
No, Silver Bear is simply Zinc plated steel cased ammo, and Brown Bear is Lacquer coated ammo, it's all from the Barnaul ammo plant.

>I've got a few other firearms, but this is my first milsurp.
Cool, don't let the hype get to you though, a lot of people don't enjoy shooting nuggets, then again a lot do.
>>
>>28239467
maybe i got a bad batch but i dislike silver bear with a passion. the batch i have (500ish rounds of .223) stick in the chamber on more than a few instances and ive even ripped the rim off a couple of times.
>>
>>28238388

sorry. I did catalog, ctrl+f question and didn't see it
>>
File: 100_0222.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
100_0222.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>28239510
Steel cased stuff tends to not like certain types/brands of ar's, steel doesn't expand quite as well as brass and is a bit softer.
>>
>>28239467
>No, Silver Bear is simply Zinc plated steel cased ammo, and Brown Bear is Lacquer coated ammo, it's all from the Barnaul ammo plant.
OK, good to know.

>Cool, don't let the hype get to you though, a lot of people don't enjoy shooting nuggets, then again a lot do.
DESU I was a retard and bought into the 10/22 TD hype. Now I'm going to get some wood furniture, and saving for an integral suppressor if/when the Hearing bill passes.
>>
>>28239623
this was in my 5.56 vepr. ive never had so many ammo issues with any other brand/ case type before.
and the chamber was clean also, its not like i alternate brass/steel/aluminum in the same shooting session
>>
>>28239623
It's less a function of it being an AR and more a function of the case taper.
>>
>>28238268
Because part of our combat doctrine is to close with and destroy the enemy, not sit back and take potshots. Because past 500m many factors come into play that reduce weapon accuracy besides the size of the round. Because you can't train everybody to be a sniper. Because we have a plethora of weapons systems that are more effective at those longer ranges. Because volume of fire is more important than precise fire, so carrying smaller/lighter rounds is beneficial. Lots of reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 2050x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 2050x900
Looking to buy my first centerfire rifle. LGS has a Russian SKS for around 600 and an entry level AR at a similar price. Which would be best? All I plan on doing with it is having fun at the range and Grandpa's farm. Currently leaning towards sks thanks to cheap ammo
>>
>>28239632
>DESU I was a retard and bought into the 10/22 TD hype. Now I'm going to get some wood furniture, and saving for an integral suppressor if/when the Hearing bill passes.
If you really wanted to save some money, if the Hearing bill does pass just make your own, fairly simple to do.
>>28239667
>>28239690

Sounds like a problem with the extractor being to strong for the rim of steel case, which is what people run into with steel cased .223/5.56 anything. Weird in a vepr though.
>>28239826
Bit overpriced for a russian sks, where are you from?
>>
Why didn't the Russians just redesign the sks to accept some kind of detachable magazine and make it select fire instead of making the ak and starting from scratch?
>>
>>28239848
Might have something to do with the manufacturing process. Sks are milled and take time to produce while aks are stamped which means faster production
>>
>>28239826
At that price I would go with the ar. Besides, the ammo isn't much cheaper than 223.
>>
>>28239846
Ohio, and I agree, but it's the first one I've seen in a store around where I live so that's why I'm considering spending that much
>>
>>28239882
On a second note, if I go with the AR, is reloading .223 worth it or would I just be wasting my time?
>>
Anyone know of a good one piece mount (or just set of rings I guess) under $40 that'd be alright for a Bushnell AR Optics 3-9x40?
>>
>>28239866
>>28239866
The first massed produced ak's were milled although one of the first two rifles put into trials was stamped, you didn't start to see Ak 47's with stamped receivers til type 4's and then the akm happened.

>>28239914
I just so happen to live in Ohio and would sell a Russian SKS if you want it.
>>
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 640x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 640x496
Don't crucify me for this... But I work in an airsoft shop. We got a few replica pkm's in. How are you supposed to hold this thing when standing up? It's bass akwards from just about every other machine gun when it comes to loading and ejecting, and has no handguards. I'm going to assume the only real way would be to just use the bipod as a vert grip and spray fire it? Shouldering it standing doesn't seem to practical at all.

Pic related. I bought one.
>>
>>28237824

Never seen any of my Glocks or 1911's rust

sig fags on suicide watch
>>
>>28239947
Maybe. How far from Columbus are you?
>>
>>28239930
>reloading .223
Nah. Don't bother.

4 exceptions:
-you are shooting some form of ultra-precision
-you are a real low-volume 5.56 shooter
-you have an at-home ammo plant like the hornady or super deulxe dillon progressive
-you fucking want to

5.56 is cheap enough where your time is better spent elsewhere rather than single-stage reloading a large number of rounds
>>
>>28239848
The idea was never to replace the SKS.
The AK was a replacement for the Mosin rifle and was supposed to serve beside the carbine. It was initially to be a select fire rifle in intermediate caliber and have a long barrel. When all the designers submitted patterns with short barrels that were still accurate the board allowed the change in requirements.
Eventually the AK proved easier to build and use than the SKS and replaced it as well.
>>
>>28240024
Like a hour away, I live in the North West, just as a warning the bayonet is gone and the guy had a gunsmith tap holes in the side of the receiver for a scope mount. I can get pictures tomorrow if you're still interested, my Email's [email protected]
>>
>>28239846
>If you really wanted to save some money, if the Hearing bill does pass just make your own, fairly simple to do.
DIY integral suppressed front end of a 10/22 TD? I'll buy that for a dollar...
>>
>>28238268
That's why we arm our designated marksmen with M14s.
>>
>>28239987
Luckily for us,
>>28237824
isn't a Sig.
>>
>>28240135
A bit harder than a normal thread on suppressor but it's not to hard to experiment with steel wool/screen mesh.
>>
Should i buy a vmac 45 for shits and giggles at the range or inna woods.?? Ever since i was a kid and seen it in movies my erections where through the roof. How accurate arw these things? I read since the barrel are fixed on The slide. I assume thwy should be at least makrov accurate.

And for $330 online it sounds like a bargin.
>>
File: M10-MAC-D_0.jpg (63 KB, 902x700) Image search: [Google]
M10-MAC-D_0.jpg
63 KB, 902x700
>>28240166
Forgot image and also any reasons why i shouldnt buy one??
>>
>>28239971
Bipod/carry handle as support from the moving hip fire stance, most full power belt feds aren't meant to be fired from the shoulder for obvious reasons.
>>
>>28239971
You're supposed to lay down with it. It's a GP machine gun. Nothing about it was designed for comfort.

>being an airshiter on /k/
>>
>>28240165
I know nothing about integrals vs non works. Would I basically take the front barrel and machine vents into it throughout the length?
>>
>>28240185
>Any reasons why i shouldn't buy one?
Yes, because you should buy two and a leather shoulder holster for that Max Payne swagger. But seriously as a fun gun why the hell not.
>>
>>28240214
Machine as in take a saw/cutoff wheel and do slits to vent gasses yes, anything to get the gas to not all come out the end of the barrel and disperse into the suppressor.
>>
File: rifleEnTransit.png (14 KB, 548x186) Image search: [Google]
rifleEnTransit.png
14 KB, 548x186
Pic related to first post
WOOHOO! If this arrives before I have to go in for work tomorrow, I'll post a pic of it.

>>28240286
Sounds good.
>>
File: SVT.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
SVT.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>28240316
Nice, you order it online from a company or?

Remember to use a dank ass wooden background for your pics.
>>
>>28240416
Nah, from a pawn shop on the other side of the state, They were advertising 300x $250 M44 all matching with cleaning kit, and I had to jump on that.
>>
What's it like to be face fucked?
>>
>>28237881
Kek
>>
Why don't gangs have death squads to kill more efficiantly? Are blacks too stupid to kill each other quickly? I feel like if they really were two gangs that hated each other there would be more killings.
>>
>>28242820
90% of their job is just McDonalds shit.

Seriously, if you look at a group like the Crips or the Gangster Disciples, the organization chart looks almost exactly the same as McDonalds or another fast food joint.

War is bad for business, so the leadership tries to avoid it if at all possible.
>>
What exactly is the view in a generation 0 night vision scope like? I can't seem to find any examples on google.
>>
>>28242830
Oh damn I thought gangs were like Islamist extremist that go around in trucks killing all those people swiftly and go leave right away. I have another question. If people in Chicago don't snitch and the cops have trouble dealing with all the murders why don't people who hate blacks go out and do random drivebys on any gang members? I know there's risk but if they have a helmet and a plate carrier they should be alright. If they do fire back I don't expect them to carry rifles at all times when out so the plates and helmet should protect against that.
>>
>>28239408
Half right, save that you are ignoring that it half cocks the cocking piece when the bolt is raised.
>>
Why have handguns stayed unchanged for so long? Like some of the best guns are decades if not a hundred years old.
>>
>>28237824
no

I don't think thats rust, looks like some form of undercoating. If it doest leave rust on the patch when cleaning it, don't worry about it.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x640
Where is a good source for reasonably priced AR barrels? I really want a stainless, 16", mid length, pencil/lw profile.

Doesn't have to be dirt cheap, but I don't wanna spring for anything to expensive. Around $100-$150?
>>
>cast parts

Why is I.O. inc even allowed to sale firearms?
are there no personal safety laws out there that can help stop I.O. trash from being sold
>>
>>28243116
I think anderson makes a barrel with your criteria
>>
>>28243116
Palmetto State Armory
>>
>>28242868
1911 just looks aesthetic as hell. Glock was the first major seller of a polymer based handgun and thus made a massive footprint. M&P is fairly new. VP9 is brand new. We get new handguns every shot show. Rephrase the question?
>>
Picking up hunting the next year, but my budget isn't exactly great and googling doesn't really give me a good consensus on good hunting rifle. Anyone that can recommend me one or a couple? I'll be hunting moose and deer.
>>
>>28238210
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=night+vision+4+tubes
>>
>>28238259
They are used during daylight for defeating concealment. (seeing through the leaves)
The night vision component is an option that does not need to be active in order to use them.
>>
>>28243116
I wanna know the context of that pic.

Was he rejected from marines for being a fat fudd?
>>
>>28243515
defending the place because some muhreens got shot at some other office.
>>
>>28243522
Ah forgot that was a thing. Didn't they find mudslimes to be the culprits?
>>
>>28243433

i know its a meme but a mosin.

$200-300 for a caliber big enough for moose with good shot placement

or a used 30-06
>>
I've got a question.

I've bought a M24/47 Yugo Mauser, and I'm curious as to how to release the trigger without damage. I don't want to dry-fire it, but I don't have snap-caps and I can't figure out how to release it from being cocked without the trigger. I mean, there has to be a way to do so, yes?

I'm also worried if leaving it cocked will cause damage. That's probably the same argument as storing magazines loaded or unloaded. It's unloaded, but will leaving the rifle cocked be damaging?

Thanks /k/
>>
>>28243949

Dry firing it won't hurt it.
>>
>>28243959
Is that only rim-fires?

Why is that? Or just google it?
>>
>>28244012

The firing pin of some rimfires will strike the barrel and can dent the barrel or break the pin after time. Centerfires just hit air so there's nothing to break.
>>
>>28240185
>velocity arms
>formerly Hesse
>formerly Vulcan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKcHZWCK9fE
>>
>>28242864
Find abandoned / boarded up hotel. Bring suppressed .300 blackout or 5.56 rifle. Snipe gangbangers all night.
>>
>>28243116
That's some great trigger disipline, there.
>>
Benelli Nova or Supernova?

I want a first shotgun, and I've narrowed it down to those two. The Supernova felt better overall, but is $100 more. The Nova is the same action, has a shorter barrel (which won't be good for clays or waterfowl), felt a lot more cheaply made, but... again, $100.

I can easily afford both, with sling, chokes, accessories, home defense barrels, etc. The $100 would just contribute to more ammo.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 720x478) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 720x478
>>28244131
Yikes I remember that vid, you don't think by now the company upped their QC atleast for their mac 10s??
>>
>>28244349
There's a reason they went through at least 3 complete name changes...
>>
File: 2706.jpg (209 KB, 800x553) Image search: [Google]
2706.jpg
209 KB, 800x553
How do I reload handguns while I'm left handed ? The mag and slide release (or catch) are on the left, which is for right handed people.

>pic related
>>
>>28244375
Learn to shoot like Jesus intended.
>>
>>28244384
That's not helping, plus I'm talking about reloading, my shooting is alright
>>
>>28238008
The Tactical Concealment Cobra Ghillie.
>>
>>28244375
Use your middle or index finger to release the mag.
>>
Do you need strong arms/wrists to shoot a gun?
>>
>>28244375
Use the flat of your middle finger to release the magazine. Reset the slide by powersliding (aka- use your right hand to pull back on the slide so it releases).
>>
>>28244445
No. Weaker arms means you will get tired quicker from holding a gun, but you don't necessarily have to be strong to pick it up and pull the trigger.
>>
>>28244445
child soldiers manage it, I'm sure you could too
>>
>>28244445
For a long heavy gun it'll take a bit of strength to get it in position and a bit more to hold it steady. Aside from that, having good form while shooting will do most of the work.
>>
>>28244461
>>28244469
Thanks. That's good to know. Had a hyper-extension in my wrists that's just taking forever to heal.
>>
>>28244269
I just bought my first shotgun and was in the same place as you.

Decided to go with the Supernova and I'm glad I did. It's a great and incredibly solid gun with a couple features the Nova lacks, like a button on the fore end (the pump bit) you can press to pump the gun without loading another shell. Plus the Supernova stock absorbs 44% of recoil, and I don't think the Nova comes with that.

Get the Supernova anon. You won't be disappointed.
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 595x665) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 595x665
>>28244367
Shit, well guess I won't be wasting my money on it then. Was really hoping it would be good with only a couple of fte's.
>>
>>28244726
It's probably fine to use, but I ain't gonna touch it unless it's unloaded and on safe.
>>
>>28239400
Bear ammo has three lines
all are steel cased
the brown line is lacquer coated, the silver line is zinc coated
the gold line is very limited and brass coated

gold is weird, not very common, but so far as I know, is loaded more or less the same
brown and silver, the only difference is the coating
>>
Is it illegal to use a tree as a target if its on my own property? I know i cant do it if I'm on public land
>>
>>28244449
>aka the way you are supposed to
ftfy
>>
>>28240185
>>28240166
consider the 9mm for cheaper plinking
>>
>>28244726
get a Masterpiece Arms
they're make good MAC clones
>>
>>28239846
>Sounds like a problem with the extractor being to strong for the rim of steel case, which is what people run into with steel cased .223/5.56 anything. Weird in a vepr though.

No, its mostly about how 5.56 has a shallower case taper. Steel case isnt as soft/flexible, so more gunk gets around the bullet into the chamber, same thing happens with 7.62. But the angle of the dangle/chamber wall means that theres more/longer contact/friction with the casing and the chamber making it easier to get stuck.
>>
why cant my mosin shoot straight
>>
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what kinda jet this is?
http://a.pomf.cat/dawjkv.JPG

I go to school near a fairly large Naval Base so we often get jets and such flying over us.
>>
>>28247059

F/A-18 Super Hornet

Jesus christ newfriend
>>
>>28247182
Ahhh many thanks.
I do not know my jets and stuff.
>>
>>28237824
Clean that dead skin out of your grip screw while you're at it.
>>
File: Cartridge_Sample_2.jpg (132 KB, 1655x558) Image search: [Google]
Cartridge_Sample_2.jpg
132 KB, 1655x558
Why did basically every nation standardize on a roughly .30 caliber round for their rifles?

>.303 British
>7.62x54R
>.30-40 Krag
>.30-06
>7.7 Japanese
>8mm Mauser
>7.5 Swiss
>7.5 MAS
>8mm Lebel
etc

Then after WWII, you still got 7.62x39 and .308/7.62x51 and now there's .300 AAC.

What gives? Is this a form of convergent evolution? Is there some sort of golden ration around this caliber range? Or is this just the limit countries settled on as the biggest bullet a soldier could reasonably fire?
>>
>>28245717
No, it's your tree. It will look like shit though after a few hundred rounds and sap will get all over your targets and you, so I recommend a stump or some other target stand
>>
Will a 9mm do it for self defense or will the burglar/murderer/rapist just laugh at me?
>>
>>28243433
savage axis

>>28247032
they are zeroed with the bayonet attached, that might help, it also may have a bad crown, a bad bore, the sights could be off, or it could just suck. this is all assuming you can shoot straight.

>>28248032
9 is fine, get some good self defense ammo for it.
>>
>>28248241
>get some good self defense ammo for it.
Got any recommendations?
>>
>>28248254
hornady critical defense
>>
>>28248301
Thanks.
>>
>>28247479
>What gives? Is this a form of convergent evolution? Is there some sort of golden ration around this caliber range? Or is this just the limit countries settled on as the biggest bullet a soldier could reasonably fire?
I think .30 caliber is in a sweet spot where the bullet is big, but not big enough that it has godawful recoil.
>>
should i get a CZp09 threaded, or a Glock 34MOS
>>
>>28247629
I meant using a tree as a target as in shooting the tree.
>>
>>28248254
Federal HST
>>
>>28248405
My buddy recently got a P09, and it is a fucking DREAM to shoot. Also, 19+1.
>>
Has anyone here ordered from the CMP before?

When am I going to see an order confirmation, or are they just going to take the money from my bank account and ship me the rifle?

Any idea what the wait is? I sent the paperwork in on....the 8th of December, I realize that I could be in for a wait, but the site said they were shipping Garands in 1-2 weeks.
>>
>>28249107
Varies based on how busy they are. I waited 3 weeks. Recent wait times seem to be closer to 2.5-3 months.
You'll get an email when they charge you and prep your order.
>>
Ordered 1000 rounds of Wolf Polyformorance 9mm, been using it nearly exclusively at the range. I've had a fair number of trigger pulls with no bang, and when I examine the round there is a notable dent in it. I put it back in and fires fine the second time. Is there a way to tell if the problem is with the ammo or the gun, without buying a bunch of another ammo and firing it?
>>
Where can I get the cheapest lower parts kit?
>>
>>28249163
Check firing pin protrusion and post pictures of the dent.
There's a lot of negative things to say about Wolf ammo, but unreliable generally isn't one of them.
>>
>>28249144

Okay, thanks.

Right now I am sitting here wondering if I somehow mailed the packet to the wrong address.
>>
>>28249211
What are firing pin protrusions? And I'll make sure to keep the next round dud or two.
>>
>>28249265
you're firing pin may not be extending far enough, or might have some damage, i remember hearing those had pretty hard primers though.
>>
>>28247479
Short answer: projectile mechanics- it has a good ballistic coefficient while being controllable.
>>
Would an m1903 have any problem with modern 30-06?
>>
>>28237824
Just found a gun in the attic.

It's a winchester model L-70 that my great grandad gave to my dad for completing eagle scouts.

Its in really good condition and even seems to still be slightly oiled.

Anything y'all can tell me about this particular rifle? Value/worth etc.?
>>
In order from most to least recoil, how do these rifles and their respective rounds stack up?

Lee Enfield No. 3 or No. 4 - .303
Lee Enfield (Ishapore) - .308
Springfield 1903A3 - .30-06
Mosin Nagant 91/30 - 7.62x54r
Karbiner 98k - 7.92×57 (8mm Mauser)

I've never owned or fired any milsurp bolt actions or any of their respective calibers. Considering I'm a bit of a hungry skeleton, rather than just dive in I'd like an idea of where to begin.
>>
>>28250514
Weak
.30-06/54r/8mm
Heavy
>>
>>28244349
>>28244367
They've gone through far more than three.

If you want a mac clone, MPA is the way to go.
>>
There are just too many hunting rifles, I don't know which to pick. Anyone got and tried and tested guns they can recommend for deer/moose hunting?
>>
>>28252989
Yeah they will help it's basically what they do.
This is assuming the RSO's at the range aren't total douches.
>>
Should I be concerned about split casings coming out of my Mosin? I've heard it's a big deal, but I've also heard it's fairly common. I'm using Romanian milsurp.
>>
Where to find real russian balaclava online? Seen bad repros at my local gun store and shitty non-mil versions everywhere else
>>
How long does Aim surplus typically take to ship an order? I ordered a Makarov from them on the 15th but it's still stuck in processing.
>>
>>28243530
Who else?
>>
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get some kind of "fun little" smg/pdw style gun firing pistol cartridges so I can use it at an indoor range.

Kind of like a Christmas present for myself, and largely because I do not own any smg/pdw style carbines.

What I mean by this is things like the MP5, M1928 [higher end of price range], calico, or on the lower end of the price spectrum those hipoint carbines and the Beretta storm etc...

I ALMOST got a calico this one time but I was too slow and someone else bought it before me, it was like only 600 bucks too, If I had been slightly less indecisive I could have had it.

Anyways looking at the stuff I mentioned; I'd say that's mainly stuff that I don't really want. I'm more looking for recommendations on functionally similar and easily accessible (i.e. not uber expensive and rare) in the smg/pdw style

MP5 and M1928 in "authentic" configuration are a little rich for my blood if I'm just looking for a plinker

I don't really want a cheap .22 MP5

Hipoint and Storm are kinda ugly

I liked the calico, but you don't see those around often

Anyways, I just want something interesting to play with at the range, like a vector or something, except not nearly as expensive as a vector if you catch my drift.

Can't get Uzis/Mac-10s/Tec-9s etc... due to regional regulations where I am. just looking for a fun range toy, I'm not looking for a dedicated carry or HD piece, I already have what I want for those niches.
>>
>>28253801
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Russian-army-Ratnik-VKBO-balaclava-/281730678591?hash=item419874ff3f:g:CN4AAOSw-vlViZ2T
>>
>>28237824

Red rust is bad rust. Take care of that shit before it starts to pit.
>>
>>28254448
Sub 2000
Skorpion EVO
Thureon Defense Carbine
>>
>>28254448
>Can't get Uzis/Mac-10s/Tec-9s etc... due to regional regulations where I am
so you want an smg style gun, but can't own them where you live, won't tell us the exact laws, or where you live, or how much your budget is? but still feel the need to type out your life story?

>>28253910
it's the holidays, all bets are off.

>>28253801
straight off some vatnik's face
http://www.ebay.com/itm/new-ISSUED-balaclava-facemask-russian-army-spetsnaz-military-winter-wool-olive-/161838089002?hash=item25ae4d432a:g:tgYAAOSw0HVWBYYl
>>
File: 1371196346158.jpg (2 MB, 3795x1600) Image search: [Google]
1371196346158.jpg
2 MB, 3795x1600
If someone has a list, or would post a list, of average ammo prices in cents per round. I want to be aware of what I should be paying for ammo. Thanks
>>
>>28254561
http://www.gunbot.net
has a "good" price threshold for every round it lists, but the ammo market is a little crazy because of hording and surplus.
>>
>>28254502
Thanks for the recommendations

I'm not really into the sub2000 on grounds of aesthetics,
Thureon Defense is a little too rifely for what I'm looking for, if I really wanted something like that I could probably look into one of those quick change AR kits
I like the scorpion but unfortunately not legal where I'm at
>>28254515
Fair enough,

I should have mentioned I'm in MA.

"Budget" is pretty flexible on this, I'd say a hard cap on this individual purchase could be about 2k (but really, if it ends up being something I really really want, I don't have much problem with putting it on my credit card and paying it off), but am really looking for the cheapest best fit. Like If I can get something for 2-300 bucks I'll be very happy

That aside, I was browsing my lgs webpage (they update their new stuff and consignment etc...)

I noticed they got a Chinese 56 for like 400 bucks. Which is kind of appealing and interesting since I don't own any AK-style guns, but it's rifle cal.

Are there any kinds of AK barrel conversion to to pistol cartridges that are as cheap or simple as the AR ones?

I might just buy that 56 in general, but I wouldn't be able to shoot it very often since I go to indoor pistol cal (where they're fine with carbines) much much much more often than outdoor rifle.
>>
http://www.spikestactical.com/the-jack-stripped-lower-p-1324.html

299 at lgs

what do I do
>>
>>28254598
9mm AK's were just introduced to the market so they are currently at the high end of your budget.
https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/akx-9s-side-folding-stock-rifle-manticore-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
>>28254448

You want one of these.

http://www.justrightcarbines.com/JR_Carbine_Products.php
>>
>>28254627
Ah, yeah, little more than I'd be wanting to spend on a plinker since I like the idea, but I don't like it THAT much.

I mean that's about how much it would cost for a low end vector, and I REALLY like those, but still find that a bit overpriced.

On the other hand, I did a quick review of the MA approved firearms list thing (yeah we have a list of things we're allowed to get, it's pretty fucking lame), and it seems like I CAN get an Uzi here, and if they still cost ~600ish like I remember from when I lived elsewhere, then I guess that's what I'll look for, although I guessed they were illegal because I sure as hell haven't seen a single Uzi in any gunstore or gunshow for the several years I've been here.

Guess I'll poke around gunbroker

Might get that type 56 today too

Thanks for all the help guys!
>>
Just bought my father a Mossberg 500 with a 28 barrel and a slug barrel for $350.

Decent price, right?
>>
This question might DIOT.

Simply, why are military units split into one "theme"
Why can't a tank battalion have an apache squad.
Why don't infantry companies have an Abrams for support without relying on another unit?

Cavalry come with Bradleys, but never them fancy pants nbc armored car things.

I admit I'm asking with vidya in mind where you can build whatever you need to get the mission done, and relying solely on one unit type gets you rekt when counteted
>>
>>28254595
sweet
>>
>>28254672
Not killer if used, but its a nice deal with the spare barrel, though there's nothing special about a slug barrel unless its rifled. It just means it doesn't take choke tubes
>>
>>28254748

New gun, interchangeable chokes and rifled slug barrel.
>>
>>28254598
you should jump on that 56

>Are there any kinds of AK barrel conversion to to pistol cartridges that are as cheap or simple as the AR ones?
not quite, but people have built some very nice 9mm aks from kits.
>>
>>28254728
It's called combined arms, and is necessary for effective warfare on strategic scale

they're "individual divisions" etc... but they work in conjunction

if you're thinking "vidya", think of hotkeying your different forces, you have your artillery division, your infantry division, your support divisions, your bombers, your air superiority (which you generally "scramble" somewhere to provide support for one of the aformentioned divisions rather than having them on the attack etc...

If you have one "blob" of 10 soldiers, 1 tank, and 2 helos in a video game, consider that those 3 unit types are built at different facilities, have different abilities, and different 'engagement stye' AI etc... and are probably 'healed/resupplied' at different locations say a medical tent, a 'machine shop', or an airfield etc...

Different function, logistic support requirement, etc... So different divisions. So the tank battalion doesn't have an apache squad which "belongs to it" but will probably have one supporting it.

Also the whole "unit" thing is kind of hard to generalize on.

On a tactical scale, yes units are single "unit" type, but on a strategic scale a "force" is a combined arms thing like (1 carrier, 2 flights cas, 1 flight air superiority, 2 cruisers, 2 battalions of infantry, 1 armored cavalry) etc... and all those will receive independent orders which will likely have them collaborating to achieve objectives in tandem with the other divisions
>>
File: Whatpouchisthis.jpg (252 KB, 1024x684) Image search: [Google]
Whatpouchisthis.jpg
252 KB, 1024x684
I have to know what pouch this is.

So what is it /k/ommandos?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28239826
Shit, for $600 you might as well get a brand new WASR or NPAP and some mags and ammo. I got mine last summer for $700 brand new with 4 mags and 800 rounds of 7,62x39.
>>
>>28254884
Esapi side plate
>>
>>28254884

Generic admin pouch mounted on his cummerbund?
>>
>>28254728

because it simplifies the issues of logistics and organization.

also, units work together all the time. apaches work with tanks and tanks work with infantry. they're just organized and commanded separately so that, for instance, the commander of your tank battalion doesn't have to also be an expert on helicopters and maintain an airbase while he's rolling around the countryside with his tanks.

This concept is called Combined Arms

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combined_arms
>>
>>28239987
Plastic can't rust.
>>
File: 1439352265076.png (574 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1439352265076.png
574 KB, 1024x576
>>28254914

Well, the general admin pouch, yes, but what brand? I haven't seen one with those dimensions or thinness. I thought it was a blueforcegear large admin pouch, but doesn't seem so.

MG ar-15 for your troubles
>>
>>28254785
So on this. I know they work together and maybe there's no current doctrine to cover it, but say we're back in ww2 retaking towns and villages while the primary force is busy holding the line. Infantry company a is assigned the duty, but there's pretty good reason to expect some form of armor resistance that doesn't need the entire tank battalion there, would they just assign two ransom crews to follow along and work out the logistics in the background?

Tl:Dr if I were writing a band of brothers story how you could explaine a tank crew or cav scouts being along for the journey
>>
Generally speaking, are people supposed to leave their guns holstered when they go to take a shit? Like I think that's dangerous.

I generally unholster and put it on top of the toilet paper dispenser.

Like one time I was taking a shit at the mall or something, and someone sat in the stall next to me, and pulled down their pants and I could see like under the stall their gun in their holster, and if I was a dick or something I probably could have grabbed at it, or if I was some kind of soccer mom I would have called the cops.

I didn't do anything, and the guy didn't like shoot up the mall later or anything, so it was basically fine, but like sometimes I'll be taking a shit somewhere in a public restroom and they got those toilet paper dispensers which are like IN THE WALL so I can't put the gun on top of it but then I either try put it in the coat I'm hanging on the peg or just take my whole shit holding the gun on my lap because I don't want someone to try grab it from under the stall, also I've left it holstered when like taking shits at people's houses or my own but then it's ultimately easier to pull up, re button belt and zip WITHOUT the added weight on one side so I generally pop it out to put my pants back on

how do you guys deal with sidearms while taking a dump?
>>
>>28255083
>Tl:Dr if I were writing a band of brothers story how you could explaine a tank crew or cav scouts being along for the journey

they were all expeditionary force that got routed so they're reorganizing without direct communication from HQ and just like banding together

"communications are down, supply chain broken, cut off from main force, etc..." is a very easy way to set the stage for something like that
>>
>>28255083

In the real world, infantry units have organic anti-tank weapons to deal with tanks, so they wouldn't need to be given tanks to kill tanks. They can kill tanks on their own.

If the enemy armor force is of sufficient strength to require a large number of friendly tanks to deal with them, they would just send the tank unit at them as well as the infantry.

Something you seem to be unaware of is that the infantry and the tank units are commanded by the same higher-echelon officer, who can decide when to employ one or the other, or both.

If you want a really simple picture of how this works, take yourself for example: You have a head and two arms. When you need to punch something, you look at it with the head and decide which arm to punch with. Sometimes you your left, sometimes you use your right, sometimes both. You don't fiddle around with sending one or two fingers out, you just punch and get it over with.
>>
File: image.jpg (707 KB, 3500x2333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
707 KB, 3500x2333
Does the modern Russian chest rig use some kind of MOLLE analogue? If so, where can I find some AK-pattern magazine pouches and chest rigs in digiflora pattern?
>>
>>28255100
>pulling your pants all the way down when you shit
>>
File: image.png (3 KB, 217x219) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 KB, 217x219
>>28254485
>$25
>$10 shipping
>>
>>28255541
>not pulling your pants down when you shit

u w0t
>>
is it 'socially acceptable' to bring and shoot air guns, bb guns and airsoft guns at a shooting range?

I got real guns too, but basically what I'm saying is every now and then at the gunstore or supermarket they have some pretty cool toys, the kind of stuff I would have absolutely wanted as a kid but would not have been able to afford, and I can get it now, but I never do because it's like when/where would I ever even get a chance to play with them?

So like if it would be ok to play with those at the range, then I definitely would be buying some stuff (those high rof automatic bb guns, those airsoft lmgs, airsoft famas, etc...) and bringing it along to play around with after target practice whenever I go to the range.

Don't really have landed property to play on, have a condo, it's big enough that I could set up some safe bb/airsoft shooting range in one of the hallways or something, but I think setting up a way for the "cleanup" to be reasonable (not having bbs, airsofts, etc... fucking everywhere on the floor) or some kind of "back" for the target seems like too much of an effort
>>
>>28255658
>air guns

Yes but people will look at you funny.

>bb guns and airsoft guns

Why would you bother? Just shoot that shit in your backyard.
>>
>>28255674
Brah I don't have a back yard

I guess that's kind good to know on air guns, I got a varmint air rifle which I consider to be a critical part of by bob/shtf kit which I do not get enough practice with (it's "broken in" and I've shot with it and hunted with it and all, but just like not at all in the last 2 years; recent moves etc...)
>>
>>28255547
you want a real one? or one made in china?
look around on ebay you can do a little better, if you're confident it's by speznaz for spetznaz.
>>
Does the 'stock' suppressor looking thing on the GSG522 provide any notable volume reduction whatsoever? or is it purely cosmetic?

almost bought pic related at lgs earlier today for 299 but didn't (they got like 3 new at that price and one used with the same aftermarket changes as the image here; different handguard and thicker suppressor looking thing)
>>
File: gsg522-62307_02.jpg (11 KB, 640x285) Image search: [Google]
gsg522-62307_02.jpg
11 KB, 640x285
>>28255746
annnnnnnnnnnd here's the picture I meant to attach to that post
>>
>>28255746

It's just an extended barrel, it's not a suppressor.
>>
>>28255746
It's just a cosmetic thing. Nothing more than a metal tube around the barrel to make the bare barrel look less stupid.
>>
>>28249163
>>28249211

i got my dad 500rds of wolf poly 9mm for his birthday. he and i shot a lot of it one day, and his glock 17 didn't fire a few of them on the first try. some would fire the second time, but a few needed to be put through a 9 with a hammer
>>
File: cure gun.jpg (452 KB, 1280x692) Image search: [Google]
cure gun.jpg
452 KB, 1280x692
This is a Detonics combat master, right?
>>
>>28244375
The mag release on that pistol is reversible. Your argument is invalid.
>>
File: haram.jpg (62 KB, 600x516) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
62 KB, 600x516
QTDDTOT:

Should I duracoat (clear) my mosin. No matter how much of a piece of shit it is, it's my favorite piece of shit. I'm worried that if I needed to head innawoods with my gf that maintaining the bolt would be a challenge, since it's bare metal.
>>
>>28256333

That's what oil and grease are for.
>>
>>28237824
Did 7n6 get unbanned a couple days ago in House Bill #wtfbbq or what?
>>
File: nova.jpg (486 KB, 6785x1324) Image search: [Google]
nova.jpg
486 KB, 6785x1324
>>28244269
nova. unless you want the pistol grip. but really why, having a pistol grip shotgun is more difficult to reload, ie when you flip it over to drop in shells, you have to change your RH grip. Plus, it doesnt have that goofy 'muh futuristic' jagged edges like the supernova does.

>>28244542
youre full of shit. Nova has the same pump button. and while the supernova may come stock with the benelli recoil-reducer stock, it can still be added to the nova.
>>
Are there any full auto rated .458 SOCOM suppressors?
>>
>>28255886
looks like it, thats pretty sex for a compact 1911
>>
Does anyone have experience with the Heritage Rough Rider 22lr recolvers? I mat be able to get one for 120 tomorrow before tax, would this be a decent deal?
They seem to have pretty good reviews.
>>
>>28256425

no, and it never will.
>>
LGS just got a used Dan Wesson 715 in stock from around 1985. Should I grab it, or wait until I can find a new production one? I know the older barrels work on the newer gun, but does it work the other way, too? Can I buy barrels for a new 715 and have them work fine on the old one?
>>
anyone have the infographic about what 10/22 mags are god tier/shit tier?
>>
what's that insurgency mod someone on /k/ here made? i think it was a tripfag but I can't remember
>>
File: flaregun-mdl78-polishbig[1].jpg (61 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flaregun-mdl78-polishbig[1].jpg
61 KB, 800x800
Just picked up one of these 26.5mm flare guns. Considering buying one of the 26.5mm to 12 gauge adapters here:

http://www.ordnancegroup.com/accessories-1.html

How bad of an idea is it to shoot actual 12 gauge birdshot or even buckshot out of this? I figure if a slam bang 12 gauge is safe enough to shoot, this can't be any worse, right? 12 gauge is fairly low pressure anyway.
>>
>>28261909

Read up on the PSI rating of the pipe used i nthos home made shotguns. It's less than the PSI of 12ga. They are lucky that the pipes are probably stronger than their rating or they are using LOW power loads. That gun looks WAY too weak. The frame will likely break. What is the barrel made out of?
>>
>>28261938

Barrel is steel, frame, locking bar, etc. are steel. The pivot and locking tab are welded to the barrel. The grip is plastic though, but appears to be solid.
>>
>>28261957

Not worth it.
>>
>>28239971
Support hand under the belt box so that the box sits on your palm. And rest your elbow against your body.

T. Finnish reservist pkm gunner
>>
>>28237824
Hey guys do you know how to remove rust from a gun barrel? I was checking my shotgun from the case and it showed with a lot of rust. Also what else can i put inside the case so that my gun doesnt rust?
>>
>>28262635
>case
>doesnt rust

A case is frequently the worst place to keep a gun.

Rust inside or outside the barrel? Assuming outside, what type of finish? Blued? Parkerized?

If blued, Kroil and 0000 steel wool, used carefully. Actually nearly any oil or CLR will work.

To prevent it in the future, don't store your guns in a case. They can trap and hold moisture and accelerate any rusting. All of the dessicants and VCI tabs in the world won't stop it.

If you must store it in a case for any amount of time, get some VCI paper and/or something like the zerust storage bags to put the gun in first.
>>
>>28240416
I heard the SVT is a bitch to clean. Should surplus be avoided?
>>
>>28262728
>A case is frequently the worst place to keep a gun.
meant to specify a foam-lined case
>>
>>28262635
>Also what else can i put inside the case so that my gun doesnt rust?

Go to the store and buy some silica gel packets. They are pretty cheap and will absorb water. Just change them out with fresh ones every once in awhile.
>>
>>28247479
Because of the ballistics. If you look at the WW1 surplus rifles you can see their sights go way beyond 1km which was wishful thinking at best. Scopes would have been more readily available and unrealisticly cheap.
>>
I went to a couple gun stores yesterday and gabbed with the clerks
I told one guy that down the line I'd like to put night sights on my Shield

He tells me that that's useless since once you fire the first shot you'll be blinded by the muzzle flash

I tried looking up videos of night or dark shooting with defensive loads to see if there is substantial muzzle flash but nothing came up besides the ported Shield promo video
>>
So I want to make my own matchlock rifle for shits and giggles.

But I want to do it on a budget.

I can buy a .303 british enfield barrel for the project and use 7mm ball bearings as a result.

On a scale of complete retarded/useless to not a terrible idea, how would this work out.
>>
>>28261987

Just looked it up: 45 colt has a max pressure of 14k PSI, and is known to be safe in those flare guns. 3.5" mag 12 gauge has a max pressure of 14k PSI as well. Suck it.
>>
>>28237991
>meanwhile, in bizarro /k/
>>
>>28262896

Why don't you try shooting it in the night? IMO it's better to carry a flashlight than go night sights because you need to identify your target anyway.
>>
>>28261909
Get the specs on the adapter.
My 12 gauge adapter is limited to 2" 12 gauge rounds, which are impossible to purchase in Canada.
I cut down some 2-3/4 rounds, but haven't tested them yet at the range. Have to buy a vice first.
>>
>>28261909
having possession of both a flaregun and a 12 gauge adapter that doesn't taper at the end to only accept flares would constitute an aow, which would be a felony to have without it being registered as such.

however there are rifled sub caliber inserts available that are legal in most states, you could make it a rifled .410 much more cheaply and with less paperwork.

that being said if you got one of those polish copies of the hk flare gun i'd be worried about the plastic failing at that front point above the trigger guard. you may have been better off buying a solid steel one if you intended to be shooting other things out of it.
http://www.apexgunparts.com/polish-flare-gun-soviet-era-26-5mm-blued-steel.html

>>28261957
the force is going to be where that front pin is, which is just plastic, and not very much of it.

>>28263284
should be very doable.
>>
Which STALKER game should I play for maximum /k/ experience? Also what mods?
>>
>>28263861

The polish/HK flare guns have a metal frame, the barrel does not pivot in a plastic hole, the plastic frame just covers the metal frame pivot point.

The flare guns you linked do not lock shut, there is only a spring detent. There's no way that would stay shut during firing.
>>
File: wm_7803103.jpg (264 KB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
wm_7803103.jpg
264 KB, 2576x1932
>>28263919
if there is a metal frame under there i'd feel much better about more powerful loads, do you have one, or do you have a link to picture of the metal frame? i can't seem to find one for the hk or the pole copy.
>>
>>28264014

Yes I have one, not sure if I could get a decent pic of the frame though. But to give you an idea; that hollow roll pin and the pivot pin are what connect the metal inner frame to the plastic grip frame. The metal frame holds the locking lever, hammer, and trigger in place, which is why you don't see pins poking through the frame for those pieces. There is also a transfer bar type safety, but the firing pin is affixed to the hammer.
>>
>>28264014

http://iaaforum.org/forum3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4611
>>
File: IMG_0895.jpg (33 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0895.jpg
33 KB, 640x480
>>28264081
but that just shows that the barrel is only retained from being blown forward by the bit of plastic around that barrel pivot pin and maybe some plastic where the rear of the barrel lip catches. the frame that holds the fcg doesn't connect to the barrel that i can see. but you've got one in your hands, we're just looking at pictures.
>>
File: 1217400.jpg (58 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1217400.jpg
58 KB, 450x300
>>28264180
>>
>>28244375
>>pic related
Why are you worried about reload time on your air pistol?
>>
>>28262749
Thanks. What store can I go to buy the packets?
>>
>>28262728
The rust is outside of the barrel. I don't really know what type of finish it has. Its a Beretta a303 shotgun.
>>
>>28261909
Don't fucking do it. Seriously. Just buy a fucking shot gun you dip shit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 53

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.