[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KNIFE THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: File name.png (325 KB, 1080x1238) Image search: [Google]
File name.png
325 KB, 1080x1238
>Finally have enough money for a microtech
>searching around
>see tons of elmax blades
What's the opinion of elmax. Why not get ATS-34?
>>
File: Pic related.png (95 KB, 1080x1120) Image search: [Google]
Pic related.png
95 KB, 1080x1120
>>
File: IMAG1707.jpg (126 KB, 807x456) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1707.jpg
126 KB, 807x456
>>27925334
i have a zt in elmax and it's great, like it more than s30v

there is already a knife general, delete thread and check catalog next time
>>
Just curious anon but are you sure you want an OTF?

Don't get me wrong they are cool as fuck, but for an EDC (assuming?) they aren't that great. The roller designs wear out, and when they do your knife is an potato until it gets fixed. It's one thing if it stays in your pocket and never comes out until a fight, but it probably won't as you will be tempted to play with it.

I would recommend (if you require an auto knife) getting one with a traditional liner/frame/something equivalent with a spring release.

Or even just checking out a plain old non assisted with good bearings, because those things are fast with just the flick of a thumb

OTF's are cool, but long lasting they aren't really
>>
>>27926727
What the fuck kind of chink shit do you buy? I said a fucking microtech, not some $10 shit toy.
>assuming I don't already have manuals and spring assisted knives
>not wanting a great, purely tacticool knife for a fight
>>
>>27927659
Yeah, it happens to Microtech too
>>
>>27927664
>knives that cost up to 10k
Yeah, I'm sure that happens to everyone. No one would complain about that. That's probably why they sell so many, because people love wasting money on a knife that they know will break.
>>
>>27927728
>Microtech
>10000 dollars

No

Congratulations you are retarded
>>
>>27925334
In the face of the recent attacks in Paris, I have taken to add my Muela to the EDC knife I have in my pocket (too lazy to get a CC permit). Also baton.
>>
>>27927857
>doesn't look at the customs on bladehq
>>
>>27925334
just get a lightning OTF
>>
>>27926727
I've been CCing a Lightning OTF everyday for two years and use it for work no noticeable wear on mine, even if there was and it broke I can buy another one for 30 bucks
>>
>>27930783
Did you check knife laws?
I've had people tell me both ways about the legality of automatics here.
I searched online and couldn't find much. Even asked a cop and he said that he doesn't want to see it, but won't say anything.
>>
>>27931544
So for the most part OTF knifes are illegal in most states (for use outside the home) but in Florida it is legal to carry if you have a Concealed Weapons Permit. Most cops won't know or carry to know about laws, since they don't need carry permits to carry a gun, some cops get carry permits to avoid the 5 day cooldown period when buying guns.
>>
>>27926727
Seriously?if a lightning otf can last two years and microtech will last a lifetime.
>>
>>27930759
What's the best site to buy one?
>>
>>27932471
Bladehq is god of knives. Expect their price to be $10 more, usually.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.