[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WW1 melee weapons thread? Can we discuss the weapons we know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81
File: 1410056513608.jpg (142 KB, 450x768) Image search: [Google]
1410056513608.jpg
142 KB, 450x768
WW1 melee weapons thread?

Can we discuss the weapons we know were used in close quarters in the great war?

>During trench raids, soldiers were typically allowed to pick their weapons.
>Shotguns were popular choices, if available, as well as grenades and handguns (often privately purchased or looted, as well.) , then came the sturdy, silent melee weapons.

I've read records (though who knows where.) of soldiers using
>Bayonets, improvised spears, butcher knives, hooked knives (Anyone know what these could be? Pruning knives, perhaps? I can't imagine kerambits were popular yet.), swords, hunting knives, canes, entrenching tools, thick sticks, clubs, baseball bats, billy clubs, sand bags(!!) , axes, hatchets, pick axes, rocks, brass, lead, steel, aluminum, and wooden knuckles, machetes, and just about anything else.

Where can I read more about this? What books should I read? Any good movies? I'm especially interested in the trench raiding aspects.
>>
File: Helmet Prototypes.jpg (67 KB, 480x355) Image search: [Google]
Helmet Prototypes.jpg
67 KB, 480x355
>>23645429
Have some experimental helmets, too. I forgot to mention hammers and cleavers, too. Kitchen knives galore.
>>
If you ever come to London I recommend you to visit the Imperial War Museum. They have a fuckhuge WW1 section, and a cabinet with a bunch of trench raid weapons, shit was fucking medieval. They also have like a 40ft WW1 trench, really cool.
>>
>>23645429
You would totally need that shit too because either you were raiding at night and wanted to be quiet or you were stuck using a manual action gun that was usually way too long (1903 and SMLE are about 44 inches, American Enfield is like 46 inches, G98 is 49 inches, and Lebel is 51 inches) If you were unlucky enough to get a lebel or lucky enough to get a shotgun you can't reload quickly, especially for the level which would become a single shot really fast.
>>
>>23645429
WW2, but whatever, fuck you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDGHKyB3T_U
>>
File: QMMzWO4.jpg (79 KB, 345x582) Image search: [Google]
QMMzWO4.jpg
79 KB, 345x582
>>23646062
I would love to, so very very much. I also just read about iron bars and wooden shafts being used. By gun and golly, what a strange time for warfare.

>>23646186
That makes a lot of sense. Melee weaponry, grenades, and handguns would make a lot of sense. I know that a lot of soldiers used their privately owned handguns, in all sorts of odd calibers. Strange to think about there being a time where bombs, tanks, planes, single action revolvers, the oddball black powder weapon, spears, and maces shared a battlefield.

>>23646198
Always related.
>>
I like this thread.
Bump
>>
File: AT3wgKr.jpg (28 KB, 449x591) Image search: [Google]
AT3wgKr.jpg
28 KB, 449x591
>>23646650
So, I just found out that trench catapults were a thing in WW1. What in the world? Why are these not more-often discussed?

I'll share my WW1 stuff while I research
>>
Bumping out of interest for more ww1 oddness
>>
File: trench-knives-.jpg (78 KB, 630x230) Image search: [Google]
trench-knives-.jpg
78 KB, 630x230
It's not a WW1 melee tread without a trench knife.

US GI issue. Includes a knife, brass knuckles, and a pommel hilt for beating peoples' skulls in.
>>
File: h4wE1vb.jpg (55 KB, 800x816) Image search: [Google]
h4wE1vb.jpg
55 KB, 800x816
>>23646766
An... awkward time.

http://www.britishpathe.com/video/trench-warfare-bombs-fired-by-catapult

>>23646896
Of course! And don't forget the ghetto french "trench nails". Also, this punchy stabby fist thing.
>>
>>23645429
my great great grandfather died in WWI, one of his friends made it back and told my family about him. some notable shit i've heard
>beat a man to death with an empty enfield revolver
>beat another man to death with a german grenade that failed to detonate
>would take the helmets off of dead soldiers and leave them littered through trench ways. apparently the friend personally saw several enemies who weren't paying attention step on one and trip and end up getting shot trying to get up
>(i have my doubts about this one) shot an incoming grenade mid air and blew it up
>>
>>23646998
Holy hell. Thanks for sharing, which country was he from?

Believe it or not, America actually stationed sentries in the trenches with shotguns to try to shoot the incoming grenades out of the air. (I think they used buckshot, oddly enough.)
>>
Cudgels and bats with barbed wire and/or nail in them (like in the OP) are always my favorite. They're so savage and the thought of someone having to make one knowing what it's for and then use it bothers me deeply. The whole war is usually taught in schools as being highly impersonal due to industrial trench warfare, which it largely was. The cudgels bother me so much because someone had to make their's likely without ever having even seen the face of one of their enemies. Then, they would find themselves face to face and would have to beat the life out of them or die. Imagine what that would have been like. That's why they bother me. That's why they're my favorite. They offer insight to the human condition in the trenches in a way that little else does.
>>
>>23647057
he fought with the british, but was a 1st generation american. the family moved from britain in like, 1910, and he went back to fight when they went to war. he was very patriotic i guess
>>
File: SDC11722.jpg (222 KB, 2768x2076) Image search: [Google]
SDC11722.jpg
222 KB, 2768x2076
>>23647063
Yes, yes, yes. I like you. You make some very good points; fascinating to study for how very, very horrible it was.

>>23647128
Interesting, your grandpa sounds tough, what a neat story. Thanks for sharing! I have a great relative who was mustard gassed, but he died long before I was born, and don't know that side of the family. Ah well.
>>
>>23647063
Man, I never thought about it like that.
You hear about people getting beaten to death on the news, and you imagine them getting hit in the head like once or twice, like you see on Criminal Minds (love that show).
But hearing it the way you said it, makes you realize that beating someone to death with a improperly balanced, not so great leverage cudgel would be fucking hard.
>>
File: IMG_4283.jpg (83 KB, 1199x899) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4283.jpg
83 KB, 1199x899
>>23647228
That's... rough. For as much as I enjoy weapons, war is the worst. Aren't you glad you're not a 16 year old in 1916?

Shepherd's axes were used by the hungarians as well, essentially canes with an axe head to lean on.
>>
Tanks were pretty horrible, lot of spalling when hit so they crews had to dress up in chainmail masks and shit. Even worse, the engine was in the same compartment of the crew with little ventilation so they were locked in with C02 and cordite.

>>23646766
>trench catapults were a thing in WW1.

Yeah, effective way to launch grenades and you can do it more silently than a field gun.
>>
File: Combat.jpg (110 KB, 813x1077) Image search: [Google]
Combat.jpg
110 KB, 813x1077
>>23647411
Interesting, interesting. I forgot about the chainmail, but you're absolutely right. Man.

>Is this Russian soldier using a modified rolling pin as a club?
>>
>>23647057
>Believe it or not, America actually stationed sentries in the trenches with shotguns to try to shoot the incoming grenades out of the air. (I think they used buckshot, oddly enough.)

Mythbusters tested this and it works.

After a brief lesson in trap shooting both men were able to easily shoot down incoming grenades that were being lobbed at them by an improvised pitching machine.

They later tested what buckshot does when it hits a live grenade. They found buckshot was slow enough to not set off the grenade, and that it also disabled the grenade fuse and prevented an explosion altogether.

They also tried this with rifles but a rifle bullet went too fast and set off the grenade.
>>
File: staff.jpg (58 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
staff.jpg
58 KB, 800x800
>>23647502
Holy smokes. This is nuts, I love it!

>British Officer's walking stick/war club.
>>
File: 20141118_161435.jpg (362 KB, 2843x767) Image search: [Google]
20141118_161435.jpg
362 KB, 2843x767
>>23647502
holy shit, when did Mythbusters get cool again? I thought they ran out of ideas and then went full potato and fired the hot chick

>trench club
>>
File: forkfuck.jpg (15 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
forkfuck.jpg
15 KB, 400x267
>>23647487
Old school rolling pins will fuck your shit
>culinary picture somewhat related
>>
File: Helmet Prototypes 2.jpg (27 KB, 320x271) Image search: [Google]
Helmet Prototypes 2.jpg
27 KB, 320x271
>>23647735
Why did I never think of this before? Ouch.
>>
>>23647669
>holy shit, when did Mythbusters get cool again? I thought they ran out of ideas and then went full potato and fired the hot chick

They did a "Shooting down grenades" epsidoe as part of the current season.

This season they also tired thigns liek an ice cannon, and another episode tested if a handgun would go off it if fell into a deep fryer (happened in a movie or something). They also tested a gun in a vacuum to simulate what it was liek ot use bullets in space).

Mythbusters season 14 is 100% /k/.
>>
This war was insane. It was like the war of the millenium. They used medieval style weaponry, but they had all the technological advances. It was almost like they were using their creativity to kill eachother.
>>
I remember hearing about how the snipers would make their own flat point rounds to hit the big-ass metal slabs(had a hole to stick the gun out and thin looking port) that other snipers used for cover. When it hit the metal it caused flakes of metal to fly off the slab and sometimes fuck up the enemy sniper. Saw it on some pirated video that my teacher showed our class in high school called "Digging Up The Trenches"
>>
File: 9AYU5T0.jpg (27 KB, 600x877) Image search: [Google]
9AYU5T0.jpg
27 KB, 600x877
>>23648066
Indeed, they would seat the bullets upside down in the casing. Also, elephant guns found their way from Africa to the trenches... Golly.
>>
Got some melee weaps coming up in about 15 pics >>23646760
Heard a guide say that if you got caught with one of those medieval like melee weapons you were as good as dead. If you were just snooping around there was a good chance you'd be captured alive.
>>
>>23647128
Might be your great great grandfather bludgeoned my great great grandfather to death with a dud grenade. I'm OK with this.
>>
>>23648267
By the laws of men he arguably owes you a pint if he did
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11 KB, 216x233) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11 KB, 216x233
>>23648148
Thanks, heading that way now! Supposedly, Germans with sawback bayonets would be tortured to death. The sawbacks made no noticable difference, but it was where they chose to channel their hate. Bummer.

>>23648299
This is fact.
>>
Any good ww1 movies /k/ would recommend?
>>
>>23648401
remember the sawback bayonet thing from All Quiet, shits kinda crazy. Those WWI guys probably had it worse than any other war vets IMO.
>>
>>23648401
Melee weaps are up in the thread. Mind giving it a bump? It seems my picture flood doesn't do it.
>>
>>23648558
Lost Battalion, All Quiet on the Western Front, Galipoli, Beneath Hill 60, Paths of Glory......
>>
>>23648581
oh and Hell's Angels
>>
>>23648558
Beneathe Hill 60 is my favorite. It shows the 3-dimensional nature of trench warfare really well.
>>
>>23648609
*beneath
>>
File: 14163534705981547035185.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
14163534705981547035185.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I remember my granddad telling me stories of what kind of crazy shit some of his comrades used to defend themselves inside of the trenches. The way he described it they literally used heavy branches or homemade maces which sounds prettt sick to me. He himself always sticked to his trusty old trenchknife, and that probably saved his life as most people with modified weapons were killed right on the spot when captured by the enemy.
Pic related, that's his knife, Rip in peace old man.
>>
My great grandfather was a ware hero in WWI. As an Greek imigrant, he spoke a lot of European languages fluently. When captured, having taken several shots to the neck and leg, he lied to the Germans to seem a turncoat. He led over 100 Germans into an American strongpoint. Without firing a shot he captured an entire company.

Till the day he died he never liked Germans.

http://projects.militarytimes.com/citations-medals-awards/recipient.php?recipientid=12975
>>
>>23648558
There's an Aussie miniseries called Anzacs that is surprisingly good.
>>
>>23648749
thats not a trench knife, and that leather frog is not 100+ years old....
>>
>>23648774
You're right, it's not a trench knife, but rather Trench dagger. It's german tho,in case you were mixing something up. And the sheath is original too, the only thing I changed after getting it was put the black paint on it, but even that was some years back. I don't know about the leather, but as far as I know it should be the original too. My old guy simply took good care of his things(and never used them either)
>>
>>23648856
For some reason, I just have stong doubts as to the crediability of that claim.

yes, the metal 'could' look that good if well oiled and taken care of, but the wood and leather just look off for being 100 yrs old.
>>
>>23648936
not if its stored properly. I have things older than that in better condition.

you gotta remember, back in those days people actually made quality products that were SUPPOSED to last a hundred years
>>
>>23648954
my luger is 100 years old, so yes, i believe that, but that grip just looks like it was never even used. wood turns chocolate the older it gets, just look at old garands and such. and the WWII holster I have is starting to fall apart on the pull string as well.
>>
>>23647057
>2014 - 98 years.
>am become first ciws system.
>>
>>23647778
Dat middle helmet doe
>>
>>23648999
since his pee-paw survived the war it may well not have been used much beyond carving up food. its not like that would have been his only weapon...... small dagger is last resort before fists/helmet
>>
>>23648936
Hey bro if you want to have proof I can just posst the Productions Stamp. That'll clear any doubts eh?
>>
>>23648999
i know what you mean about the wood. 99% of the time it is darker, but I have seen examples (including that exact same model dagger) that had that coloration despite age. shit happens

I have a leather sling from 1890 thats in better shape than my mauser leather sling from the 1950s.....sometimes you get lucky and things are stored correctly
>>
>>23649034
Alrighty there ya go
>>
File: 1416354965606-1870141281.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1416354965606-1870141281.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>23649074
Forgot pic
Not really sure where it was made, I guess Sohlingen probably. That's where his food knife was made.
>>
>>23646062
>come to london

Why would anyone want to go to that shithole
>>
File: bionicle.jpg (12 KB, 260x194) Image search: [Google]
bionicle.jpg
12 KB, 260x194
>>23647778
>mfw WW1 was bionicle
>>
>>23646998
>beat a man to death with an empty revolver
Christ that sounds horrifying

I hope the tuning was alright
>>
File: Of9Hc.jpg (102 KB, 639x772) Image search: [Google]
Of9Hc.jpg
102 KB, 639x772
>>23648749
That's crazy. What country was he from? When you mention modified weapons, do you mean things like ground down swords and trench clubs?

Thanks for sharing. Wow.

>>23648763
Your Great grandpa was a legit pimp. That is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>23646998
>>(i have my doubts about this one) shot an incoming grenade mid air and blew it up

That was the reason why they issued shotguns. It was because skeet shooters could shoot down grenades
>>
>>23647615
Holy fuck that's brutal.
>>
My great grandfather lied about his age to get into the army at 17(might have been younger). He fought for the US mind you he was a german and his family had left not long before the war. Never got to hear any stories as he died before I got to met him but still. I heard he never talked about germany.
>>
File: Mask 2.jpg (85 KB, 418x878) Image search: [Google]
Mask 2.jpg
85 KB, 418x878
>>23650328
That's very interesting. Your Grandpa sounds like a tough fella. I can't say that I would have signed up then.
>>
Man, ww1 was fucking bonkers. They just let the ideas guys loose.
>I got an idea
>What is it Nigel
>What if we make boats that move on the land to break the stalemate
>That is stupid
>But you can't sink a boat that is on the land
>Fuck you Nigel, I hate you so much.
>>
File: 2vPrQ3d.jpg (921 KB, 2594x1664) Image search: [Google]
2vPrQ3d.jpg
921 KB, 2594x1664
>>23650560
HAH! I love it- don't forget the German use of circus elephants, or the Belgian dog-pulled machine guns.
>>
>>23650626
>those dogs faces

>Am I being helpful? I hope master will give me a treat
>>
>>23650404
Honestly, you probably would have signed up, but you would have expected some glorious war where you would kill 1 million germans by yourself and be an hero for the rest of your life. Then you would have gotten fucked by arty shelling in like a week. WWI was hell.
>>
>>23651482
Very true.
>Cavalry charges!
>Bayonet charges!
>Gentleman's warfare!

>Uhm... gas.
>>
>>23645429
I heard that the reason you don't see pictures of Americans with trench guns is because photographing them was forbidden, as the govt knew that the Krauts would spin them for propaganda value for being "barbaric". Can anyone confirm this?
>>
>>23646998
>beat another man to death with a german grenade that failed to detonate
Imagine that shit
>creeping along trench for lunch
>bet it's fucking baked beans and moldy bread again today
>suddenly
>huns screaming, making an attack!
>grenades hurled into the trench around me
>ohshit.punchcard
>take cover around a corner
>grenades detonate
>everything is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>in slow motion I see another tumble into the trench right in front of me
>For a split second, I think of my girl back home, already getting along with my child
>this is it-wait
>it's not going off
>one of the gerries follows the grenade into the trench right in front of me
>of all the fucking luck...
>he raises rifle
>nigger your rifle is too long for the trenches
>close and tackle him before he can fire
>he loses rifle
>we're rolling through mud, I can barely breathe or see
>he gets his hands around my throat
>fuck fuck fuck
>struggling to breath, scrabbling through dirt for something, anything
>hand closes around hard, round object
>it'll do
>bring it up, smash it into the side of his head
>lucky for me he lost his helmet
>he falls to the side and I mount him
>smash the grenade into his head over and over until it's like pulp and shards of bone and sticking out
>fall off
>no more huns
>stagger up
>get back to CO, report failed assault
>baked beans and moldy bread for lunch
>War is hell
>>
>>23651942
You see them on occasion
>>
File: Brit.png (56 KB, 250x283) Image search: [Google]
Brit.png
56 KB, 250x283
>>23652019
I've never seen a period picture of one, doesn't mean they don't exist though. I just want to know if somebody in charge said "No taking pictures of shotguns because German propaganda will make us look bad.". I imagine that went over well.
>>
>>23651952
I like you. Imagine the process of hitting a dude with a grenade, each impact making you wonder if this will be the time it chooses to detonate.
>>
>>23649123
What does it smell like?

No, really.

I want to know.
>>
>>23652354
OP here, I too am curious.

Did you know that many of the things for sale in the antiques business have been thoroughly sniffed? Sometimes licked, sometimes we rub our faces on it. Just a neat factoid.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>>23646998
God damn anon. Lineage of men.
>>
Was there ever any evidence of guys sawing off rifles to make an obrez in WW1?
>>
File: 1415500345811.jpg (206 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1415500345811.jpg
206 KB, 1024x768
Please more,improvised melee weapons are my fetish.
>>
Some of these almost made me think that it's coming right off Medieval era.

Interesting piece is the improvised mace that looks like it was made from grenade casing.
>>
>>23648066
do you mean vampyre trench?
>>
>>23654348

That knife doesn't look terribly comfortable to use.
>>
Are trench knives practical? I was curious of perhaps getting one (a reproduction obviously), Not to carry of course. Just maybe something to throw on my SHTF rig.
>>
>>23654584
Those triangle knives will leave a pretty fucking nasty hole that won't close up right without a doctor
>>
File: 1412016006696.jpg (110 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
1412016006696.jpg
110 KB, 600x844
>>23646198
I just watched this a while back. It's always kinda cool to see old limeys remember when they removed kraut.

There should be another video in related about another soldier wearing his red uniform and commenting on his Lee-Enfield how it was "Lighter when I was a boy" and "i used to throw around this thing..."

I don't know guys old people, especially from the military, were just kids going in and they were kids coming out and a lot of the people in their countries demonize them.
>>
File: 1411881568113.png (78 KB, 185x223) Image search: [Google]
1411881568113.png
78 KB, 185x223
>>23647200
Your great relative wouldn't happen to be hitler would it?
>>
>modified rolling pins
>skeet shooting nades
>forks for knuckles
>catapults
>cool visors
> Fucked push pin that probably became that one knife that is outlawed
>land boats
WW1 was fucking nuts. What the hell
>>
>>23654584
as a fighting knife, yeah, fucking brutal. As a general purpose knife, no
i have a cheapo chinese tactical operator tanto with brass knuckles on it, and it's a fucking hassle to use because you have to thread all of your fingers through the holes. it'd probably keep you from losing the knife if you hand got whacked though
>>
>>23654602
Won't necessarily close up even WITH a doctor, that is.
>>
File: 234235343.png (194 KB, 500x356) Image search: [Google]
234235343.png
194 KB, 500x356
>>23647411

The earlier versions of the Mark series and the CA1 were pretty poorly made for these reasons, but the Renault FT and Whippet were better, if not somewhat crude designs.
>>
>>23654584
Yeah, you could certainly kill the fuck out of someone with one. They're stabby, and getting socked in the face with a pair of knuckle dusters usually results in a few missing teeth.
>>
File: German Lancer.jpg (836 KB, 2439x1659) Image search: [Google]
German Lancer.jpg
836 KB, 2439x1659
WWI was metal as fuck.
>>
File: M1917 trench knife.jpg (695 KB, 1242x1131) Image search: [Google]
M1917 trench knife.jpg
695 KB, 1242x1131
>>
Well shit now I wanna play verdun
>>
File: British Trench Club.jpg (30 KB, 800x648) Image search: [Google]
British Trench Club.jpg
30 KB, 800x648
>>
>>23649464
Is it awful if that's exactly what I thought?
>>
>>23654766
Think of it as 40k 1914 mod
>>
File: tirapugni.jpg (20 KB, 500x317) Image search: [Google]
tirapugni.jpg
20 KB, 500x317
Italians didn't fuck around either. Except when they did. And they did a lot.
>>
File: German Trench Club.jpg (51 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
German Trench Club.jpg
51 KB, 800x800
>>
File: Trench Knife Sabre.jpg (204 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
Trench Knife Sabre.jpg
204 KB, 1440x960
>>
Did any of the soldiers use a black Jack or was that only uses by gangsters and hooligans?
>>
>>23649401
I lol'd
>>
>>23656339
That looks incredibly painful.

>Hey Hans! Look at vhat I made vith just one schpring und a big nut!
>It's like a vhip! Aber a rigid whip vith a big veight on top so zhat it doesn't just cut skin, it breaks bone!
>>
File: Gotha.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gotha.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>it's 20-fucking-14
>100 years after the start of WW1
>not a single good WW1 video game has been released or even announced
>not even a RTS
>>
File: 1347491407801.jpg (126 KB, 956x1280) Image search: [Google]
1347491407801.jpg
126 KB, 956x1280
>>23656463

2 hours ago I stumbled over "Verdun" on Steam, looks like it has potential.

I'd like a developer team to transport the same amount of intensity and atmosphere to digital trench fight and mass atacks, as those czechs did with WWII in Rising Storm 1+2.
>>
>>23656471
Verdun is good. I don't like the squad system so much, but it works.
>>
File: thatismyfetish.png (14 KB, 132x137) Image search: [Google]
thatismyfetish.png
14 KB, 132x137
>>23656463
My dream game is stalker set in ww1 era.
>>
Great-grand father
>be half german
>be inna WW1
>fucking survive Verdun
>beat an enemy to death with a rowboat paddle
>get lungs burned by gas (friendly fire btw)
>lungs burnt, voice like an old alcoholic despite 19yo
>after the war move to Sweden and shortly after to Finland because some family lives there

Grand dad
>fight in the Winter War and Continuation War (basically WW2)
>be machinegunner in Winter War
>literally mow down countless of communist human waves
>become paranoid and have various mental issues
>after the war plan on going full Rambo -campaing with few likeminded individuals in the Soviet Union
>get sent to jail for five years
>after jail live by poaching game and making moonshine

Dad
>serve in the military
>smuggle gold from the Soviet union in the 80s
>see some shit
>have kids (me)
>disappear into the south east asia for ten years
>come back with a limp, two bullet holes in the lower back and a thousand yard stare

Me
>watch anime
>skip conscription because "poor eyesight" (faked)
>be 23yo kissless virgin
>>
>>23656542
1/27 of those lines had anything to do with WWI melee weapons.
>>
File: hair brush.jpg (270 KB, 1001x584) Image search: [Google]
hair brush.jpg
270 KB, 1001x584
Fun WW1 fact:
Germans used to blow shit up with 20kg bags of flour. They had a two-stage explosive device inside the bag. The first explosion (comparable to a hand grenade in size) puffed the flour all over the place and the second one ignited the flour once it had reached a good saturation with the surrounding air. So basically it was a rudimentary FAE. They blew up large halls and hangars etc. by chucking flour sacks from planes..

Also pic- related is my take on a war club. Also it is my primary outhouse mace, I always carry that fucker when I go out at night or into the outhouse.
>>
I was planning on taking a trip to London next week. Gonna have to stop off at the imperial war museum now.
>>
>>23649881
He was from Germany. With modified weapons I'm talking about stuff like sticks with metal pegs in them, Handmade maces, pots on sticks with casings in them to make it heavier and just about everything you could use to put an enemy down inside of a trench.
It wasn't just weapons though, they made pretty much anything out of whatever they could find.
>>23652354
>>23652384
It smells mainly like the oil he used and I am using too, it doesn't really have a smell of it's own I guess. The only thing that doesn't smell like the oil is the inside of the sheath, but that only has sort of an attic/cellar smell. One thing that I can say though is that both the blade and handle taste very salty when you lick them.
>>
>>23656599
You have to start wearing a trip you magnificent motherfucker.
<3 u
>>
File: 1415482108645.jpg (29 KB, 597x351) Image search: [Google]
1415482108645.jpg
29 KB, 597x351
>>23656542
Your family is hard as fuck.

>mfw your dad went full Black Lagoon
>>
>>23654602
Which is EXACTLY why they are outlawed by the Geneva Convention
>>
>>23656669
I've actually made about a dozen or so similar bats for friends etc.

That is the only one I have pics of on my lappy. It is also the one I use for finishing off wounded animals when I hunt (hence the excessive rust on the nails). It is also so far the only meelee weapon that I've successfully used at hunting, as in not just finishing off an animal but ambushing/running it tired and killing it. Two rabbits and two or three birds, though the birds I got by stalking under their nests. Hell i've gotten birds that way with a length of chain.

Aside from nails and barbed wire I've also attached razor blades and knife blades but those tend to get loose after furious enough beating. I've found nails and barbed wire to be the best combo. For hunting longer nails are better because the animal gets stuck on the mace but for beating people I'd guess the shorter the better as you don't want the bat to get stuck on your enemy. Also too long nails, like over an inch, are a problem if you intend to kill animals as they can rupture the internal organs and ruin the meat. That's why I only got for the back legs or the head.

Hmm.. Maybe I'll take a few pics of the ones I have now someday. I enjoy making meelee weapons way too much, I suppose.
>>
>>23656736
You are the fucking BEST anon on here I swear.
Please start tripping.
Everything you say fills me with joy.
>>
>>23654561
forged out of a railroad spike, good practice for blacksmithing but generally not brilliant knives.
Saying that, you use what you use so someone must have liked it.
>>
>>23656736
Shit, man, your post read like a research paper. Sounds like you have had a lot of practice. Cool though.
>>
>>23648936
I've got a bamboo table that was made in the 1860s, if it's well cared for, shit looks brand new no matter the age.
>>
>>23656775
The guy is awesome right?
>>23656736
Finnanon you must start using a tripcode.
Youre the fucking balls man.
>>
>>23656425
That ain't a spring, it's a massive threaded bolt.

And it's bent.

That mace took someones life.
>>
>>23656823
No, look closer. It's a heavy duty coil spring.
>>
>>23656805
My methods of hunting aren't actually technically legal where I reside and my neighbor has threatened to call the cops on me twice now so my paranoid brain tells me that tripping ain't a good idea.
But I always lurk meelee threads. because I just love meelee. Like a lot.

I'll make some new weapons when I have the time. Actually I just got a rather nice idea from this very thread.

>>23656775
Actually it is really hard and you got to either surprise the animal or lead it to your ambush point. Between the main house and a barn there is this small corridor on my yard. When I see a rabbit on the yard I try to scare so that it runs towards the narrow corridor and once it comes out I'll be waiting right behind the barn corner. I have a mirror there so I can see when the animal comes and know when to strike. But it is really hhard to get the animal to run there, I've tried like 20 times and only managed to do it few times. The best way to scare them is to throw fireworks in the place where you don't want them to run (though I accidentally almost burned my tractor this way).

The animals don't just come out on the yard all the time, you have to be on constant stage of readiness. See a rabbit on the yard? Grab bat, fireworks and a morning robe. That is probably why my neighbor threatened me with the cops. His kids cried when they saw me chasing a bloody screaming rabbit with a bat in that getup. Though I got the rabbit so it didn't escape wounded or anything. Even if it looks silly it is an ethical way of hunting if you do it right.
>>
>>23656750
Jesus Christ, just go suck his dick already.
>>
>>23656865
Come on dude what are the chances that guy comes here too?
I mean really?
People like you are the people that SHOULD be tripping not asshats like me.
EVERYTHING you say is gold I swear.
I hurt my ribs laughing at this post.
>>23656884
Im considering it.
>>
>>23652931
I have a pic of an obrezed Enfield from a museum I went to in Belgium, I'll have to dig it up. Will post it later if the thread is still up.
>>
>>23650690
>Oh wow, that was a really big boom
>Master looks scared, I'd better give him a lick
>Everything is quiet now
>Master is lying down, I guess I'd better lie down too
>>
File: IeuFq1Y[1].png (726 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
IeuFq1Y[1].png
726 KB, 960x540
>>23652281
>>
>>23656531
And the title of the game should be called
"Soft Rains"
>>
>>23656736
>>23656865

Shit like this is why I come to 4chan. Never in a million years would anyone post shit like this on a respectable forum of any sort.
You're doing God's work, son.
>>
File: negative-medium-50-1000.jpg (647 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
negative-medium-50-1000.jpg
647 KB, 1000x1500
>>23657212
This. We need more tripfags like we need nails in our dicks.
>>
File: 1390093819750.jpg (393 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1390093819750.jpg
393 KB, 800x1200
>>23657212
And with the day so too come the faggots and children.
Nigh they are as even the light.
>>
File: post_like_that.jpg (35 KB, 320x304) Image search: [Google]
post_like_that.jpg
35 KB, 320x304
>>23656750
>>23656805
>>23656897
>>
File: DO IT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.png (2 KB, 280x43) Image search: [Google]
DO IT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT.png
2 KB, 280x43
>>23657328
Whatever you say kid.
Why not use the anonymize filter;)
Thats rhetorical I dont care dont bother responding.
>>
>>23656865

Im gonna read about this anon when he beats his wife to death in 10 years

Hell, if I was your neigbhor I would of shot your ass and said you said you wanted to kill me and with the Indiana laws I would be laughing at your grave
>>
>>23657367
>>>tumblr
>>
File: Balls of Feel.jpg (38 KB, 389x399) Image search: [Google]
Balls of Feel.jpg
38 KB, 389x399
>>23656960
>>>23650690
Damn
>>
>>23654444
>im gonna get medieval on your ass
>>
>>23657366

I did. The problem is that I can still tell it's you, because every post you make is either about how you're "ZOMG A GRILL", responding to other tripfags like they're your personal friends, or arguing with people over your trip. Barely one in ten posts you make are about guns, weapons, or military technology. And you know it, and do it anyway because you treat this board like it's your personal blog.
>>
>>23656542
>>watch anime
>>skip conscription because "poor eyesight" (faked)
>>be 23yo kissless virgin
>implying it's hard to snag some poon and not be a total pussy faggot
>>
>>23648749
Damn thats a beautiful knife.
>>
>>23656542
Looks like your dad fucked-up his manly genes by marrying your mom.
>>
>>23657440

Or maybe the modern world, with at-all-times electronic surveillance, CCTVs, geosynchronous satellites, and militarized antiterrorist policing, isn't really so conducive to doing cool extralegal quasi-military shit anymore?
>>
File: replica.jpg (29 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
replica.jpg
29 KB, 800x800
>>
>>23657399
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Now quit shitposting about me you goatse level faggot.
>>
>>23650626
Front, second from the left.
Looks /fa/ as fuck, with a face to scare a man to death.
>>
>>23656542
Do not be ashamed. Great grandpop did what he did so that life for you could be easy. Also, there is much potential yet.

Crazy awesome family, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>23651952
I'm so sorry but I have to steal this for a book I'm writing now, haha. I'll credit you appropriately if you send me some credentials to [email protected]
>>
>>23646198
>You would instead push it through the jugular the punch outward, ripping out the whole lot

Operater as fuck dude
>>
>>23649134
To visit the imperial war museum i guess?
>>
>>23655403
or a broken cheek bone.
>>
>>23656668
>pots on sticks

Holy hell. That's... huh. WW1 was weird.
>>
>>23657328
>posts using a trip
>people start bitching about the trip itself
>somehow shes the one that derailed the thread
u wot.

Also I come here for the content, not the anonymous factor
>>
>>23656669
Fuck off, Ruby. Don't you have a thread on /o/ to shit up?
>>
>>23647411
>more silently than a field gun.
The advantage of this has not been stated enough.

Veteran soldiers were often able to distinguish the types of shells flying toward them by sound
>>
>>23647778
>that middle helmet
>>
>>23657255
digging trenches so narrow that americans can't hide in them. smart!
>>
File: web_with_bayo-024185_2.jpg (19 KB, 740x259) Image search: [Google]
web_with_bayo-024185_2.jpg
19 KB, 740x259
>WW1 thread ruined by tripfags

Thanks Obama.
>>
I know this doesn't really have to do with melee weapons, but with WW1.
Does any one of you think he could identify WW1 era medals? I got some from my gramps but never managed to find out what they were for.
>>
>>23658044
Thread ruined by faggots not using the anonamize filter and derailing thread complaining about tripfags.
>>
>>23658074
so much this.
>>
>>23658105
>>23658074
>>23657582
Sup Ruby...
>>
File: 1411578026148.jpg (51 KB, 1024x480) Image search: [Google]
1411578026148.jpg
51 KB, 1024x480
>>23657603
I dont post on /o/....yet.
You wait till ive got a car worth posting about and ill be shitting all over that bitch though.
>>
>>23658184
Good do it. Except don't fucking post about it like this is your personal blog faggot
>>
File: tumblr_ln26n6H7SZ1qzby1lo1_500.jpg (169 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ln26n6H7SZ1qzby1lo1_500.jpg
169 KB, 500x390
>>23658184
you people constantly crying "OH NO THEY ARENT ANONAMOUSE" kill it, but i'm helping kill it too.
>>
>>23658302
Are those maces made from the shell of grenades? That's pretty fuckin' cool.
>>
>>23658319
looks like it, anon.
>>
ruby did nuthing wrong
free ruber 2K14
>>
>>23658302
We have a shovel just like that but it doesnt have the ring around the handle.
>>
>>23645429
i imagine a sandbag would be kind of like a slock if you swung it hard enough, obviously not full size sandbags unless WW1 men were even bigger badasses than i thought
>>
>>23646896
I love how the american philosophy here was just "lets make them carry as many weapons in one hand as possible"
>>
File: IMG_20141110_124252.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_124252.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Repostan museum pics since my own thread got pruned.
>>
Saw a great helmet at the Royal Armouries in Leeds yesterday, had a visor like a bascinet attached to a normal Belgian helmet that you closed in trench assaults.
>>
File: preacher40.png (397 KB, 658x249) Image search: [Google]
preacher40.png
397 KB, 658x249
>>23658422
>>
File: IMG_20141110_124258.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_124258.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_20141110_124302.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_124302.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>23658422
Well really the french did it to a greater degree with those pepperbox/brass knuckle/knife things.
>>
File: IMG_20141110_124520.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_124520.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>23652281
could you imagine what that would look like to someone far enough away? youd just see somebody being beaten up and then exploding
>>
>>23654444
>that morning star/3 headed flail

holy shit WW1 was insane
>>
File: shapeimage_27.png (99 KB, 300x194) Image search: [Google]
shapeimage_27.png
99 KB, 300x194
This is one of my most favorite ones.

What reproduction weapon would you guys bring into the trenches?
>>
>>23658461
Oh look at that I have exactly that knife
>>23658494
I remember my gramps telling me about one of his friends that used a sword/cutlass.
He died because there wasn't enough space to swing a sword lol
>>
File: IMG_20141110_124523.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_124523.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
File: IMG_20141110_125554.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_125554.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>23648401
Also the Germans would execute any Americans they found with a shotgun. They considered it unfair or something.
>>
File: 1376415933848.jpg (222 KB, 1872x1053) Image search: [Google]
1376415933848.jpg
222 KB, 1872x1053
>>23658044
Webley with Pritchard bayonet. Not an issued item, usually bought personally by officers. The only way it could be more suited for removing Hun would be if you hacked an underlug shotgun barrel to it like a LeMat.
>>
File: IMG_20141110_125602.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141110_125602.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
last one
>>
File: 1311149294573.jpg (535 KB, 3072x1728) Image search: [Google]
1311149294573.jpg
535 KB, 3072x1728
>>23658558
They only threatened to. The Americans came back and said if the Germans did that, they'd start executing any German using a flamethrower (IIRC).
>>
>>23658534
Are there any images of people who have cut down full length swords to be more viable in close combat like this?
>>
>>23658585
Theyre called daggers.
>>
File: 14155630332031.png (555 KB, 854x390) Image search: [Google]
14155630332031.png
555 KB, 854x390
>>23656542
there is a war in ukraine and there are fins as combatants
>>
>>23658599
No, no, he means like a really, really short swords. Like something that you could carry in one hand like a pistol or maybe even put on the end of your gun for a spear.

Like, how an obrez is to a nugget.
>>
>>23658648
....so a bayonet?
Which at the time were the length of short swords or daggers.
Right?
>>
>>23658585
>cut down full lenght swords
jesus what
Are you talking about daggers, or are you talking about actually cutting off the top of a sword? You know what happens when you do that right?
>>
>>23658514

You see this in any war. My grandfather was an intelligence officer in Vietnam and has many pictures he took over the years in service. Lots of weapons because he collected guns before and after the war.

I need to get those books out of storage, because some of the melee weapons recovered from dead VC were incredible.

There's one in particular that I'll always remember. It was an air filter some gook had gotten from an industrial vehicle. It had a bamboo stick as a handle and was wrapped in barbed wire. There were also three US dog tags attached to points on the barbed wire.

There was also a weapon confiscated from a GI at base camp. It was a knife the GI had made from a scrap piece of steel, but the handle was made from people teeth that had been glued together.
>>
>>23658684
No, this is completely different. He's talking about swords.
>>
>>23658766
I...dont...I...
A knife with a sword handle?
>>
>>23658752
Yes you do need to do that, ASAP, anon.
>>
File: duh.png (10 KB, 1328x470) Image search: [Google]
duh.png
10 KB, 1328x470
>>23658814
No! Why do keep saying knife? A sword that's way shorter than normal. It's kind of a complicated logical leap, I understand, here's a picture to help explain.
>>
>>23658814

He means what >>23658694 said. He wants to know if there are any historical examples of blades that used to be full-length swords, but were cut down to a shorter length to be more field-expedient by their owners.

I'd probably say no, because anybody carrying a sword almost surely has a knife as well.
>>
File: 14164257776181547035185.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
14164257776181547035185.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
So now that we're talking WW1 here's the medals I got together with the trench dagger from my grandfather .
anybody know what they are? I'd really appreciate it.
>>
>>23658901
They had something similar on pawn stars. It was a big bayonet cut in half, and the top half was made into a knife.
>>
>>23658894
Yeah what you have in the pic there is a dagger.
Just because it started life as a sword doesnt mean you can turn it into a dagger.
R u fuckin with me bro?
>>23658901
Im like 100% sure it DID happen.
If youre in a rotting trench with not enough weapons are you going to throw your sword away because you broke it on a huns spine?
No youre going to put a new tip on it and continue the removal of kraut right?
>>
>>23658901
Wouldnt that be short swords themselves?
>this sword is far too long for my needs!
>verily sire, i shat make you a shorter one.
Ta-da?
>>
>>23658943
>R u fucking with me bro?

The difference between a sword and a dagger is large enough to warrant distinction.
>>
>>23658959
Then define it.
>>
>there will never be a ww1 video game that fully incorporates all these melee weapons or true battlefield feel of the war
>everyone just thinks WW1 was a trench game of everyone sitting on their asses all the time
>no mention of the tunnel wars where people would dig miles upon miles of tunnels to blow eachother up as they slept
>no mention of sling shot grenade catapults
>no mention of the death machines of early tanks
>or even mention of the first air battles where people would just fly up to eachother and fling a grenade in or just shoot the other pilot with your pistol
>no giant elephant guns to use as sniper rifles
>not going to some church and using the blown out tower as a place to snipe from
>no ww1 era appropriate music and all
>or charging into a siege with your buddies as artillery destroys the land around you
>>
>>23658943
>>23658946

Yeah. That's what I believe dude meant.

But what he was asking was, is there a real, historical example, that someone can provide a link to or a picture of, where this happened?

I'm interested too, now.
>>
>>23658979
Man I dunno about historical sources but basic logic dictates that it did happen for sure no doubt and definitely not just in WWI.
>>
>>23658972
>women

Sword: a weapon with a long metal blade and a hilt with a hand guard, used for thrusting or striking and now typically worn as part of ceremonial dress.

Dagger: a short knife with a pointed and edged blade, used as a weapon

A dagger is a type of knife, whereas a sword is a type of weapon (like a knife). It's like comparing a ferrari to pickup trucks.
>>
>>23658648
Like how people shortened the original garand bayonets?
>>
>>23659009
Both are cars tho
>>
>>23658995

Basic logic dictates that identical incestuous lesbian twins have been videotaped having steamy sex at some point in the history of the world, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't prefer to see it to believe it.
>>
>>23657396
>Boasting proudly about considering commiting a felony.

Yea, you're the real bees-knees.
>>
>>23658936
first one is iron cross second class
>>
>>23659032
Right, just like swords and daggers are weapons. That doesn't mean you can refer to them interchangeably.
>>
>>23659009
Yeah but if you smash a truck bed onto the back of a ferrari you can use it as a truck.
If you shorten a sword enough you can use it as a dagger.
>men
>>23659065
What?
...wait are you saying you havent seen that before?
>>
>>23659110
But he's not talking about using it like a dagger, he's talking about using a short sword.
>>
>>23659110
If you smashed a truck bed onto the back of a ferrari, you would smash the engine.
>>
>>23659138
...good point but you see what Im saying right?
>>23659131
Man Im tired of this now whatever.
>>
>>23658570
Hey anon you got any pics of the liberty division?
>>
>>23658936
First one is Iron Cross second class
Second one is Wurttemberg verdienstenmedaille
Third one is iron cross for combatants
Fourth is Wurttemberg long service medal
>>
File: 1411608949765.jpg (55 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1411608949765.jpg
55 KB, 800x800
>>23659110
Daggers and short swords are different.
Putting a truck bed on a Ferrari doesnt make it a truck. It makes it a ute.

>men
Everyone knows you're a dude.
>>
>>23659155
Hey thanks bro, really appreciate it.
And the Iron bar on with all the colors is proof that they belong together right?
>tfw I didn't keep the 41-42 winter war medal but sent it to the phillipines
>>
>>23658946
pretty much yeah,

>i need to go into the trenches
>shit wheres my knife
>all i have is this sword
>welp, better cut that shit down

like that
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 580x387
>>23658044
>WWI thread ruined by tripfags

>this
>>
File: merica shrug.jpg (58 KB, 563x598) Image search: [Google]
merica shrug.jpg
58 KB, 563x598
>>23659150
...is that supposed to be news to me?
Stop
Shit
Posting
About
Tripfags
You fucking autist.
>>23659166
>>23659166
>It makes it a ute.
Which in a practical sense is a fucking light truck.
Holy shit.
This is like ATF logic with you guys 'once a rifle always a rifle' noooo if you hack the stock and 14" of barrel off of a pistol caliber carbine you have a goddamn pistol...a shitty impractical 1 but its a pistol.
If you shorten a sword enough its a dagger.
Yes clearly I am man youve busted the conspiracy to hide my penises... all 32 of them.
I only did the >men thing because the guy I was quoted started his post with >women.
It was a joke.
Fucking day/k/.
>>
>>23659196
yup. Would keep these if I were you, they're worth quite something
>>
>>23659211
I just don't understand why you can't conceptualize a shortened sword.
>>
>>23659211
>day/k/
>not Day/k/are

get out
>>
>>23659211
Wow.
Long sword - length = shorter sword.
Dagger - length = shorter dagger.
>>
this started out as a nice thread...
>>
>>23646062
Ugh I was in London summer of 2014, and it was closed for remodeling or something, now I want to go back, it didn't help that I was with people who were terrible at traveling
>>
>>23659248
Fucking
Goddamn it.
That fucking I already said that you have to be fucking with me.
Youre making ME sperg at this point.
>>23659258
aaaaand
long sword-length-length-length=FUCKING DAGGER
>>
File: qCcUVLn.jpg (644 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
qCcUVLn.jpg
644 KB, 2448x3264
>>23659216
Yeah I was planning on keeping them until I really need money.Then again my old guy would probably turn in his grave if were to just throw away my heritage like that. Btw also got a reservists mug from him, pic related.
>>
>>23659278
christ that's a nice mug. You live in Germany?
>>
>>23659110

>are you saying you haven't seen that before?

I've seen two women who look very much like each other have steamy sex on videotape, and been called "identical twins", but I had a hard time believing that they were actually related.

I want the PROOF! Show me the genotypes!
>>
>>23659278
10/10 would sing ein prosit with.
>>
>>23658936
I wish I had a heritage to be proud of, or an old got to give me some cool shit like that
>Best I got were two Spanish swords from like 1900
>>
File: elwC7Lr.jpg (69 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
elwC7Lr.jpg
69 KB, 720x1280
>>23659285
Yup, was born there.
Lived in freedom country for a year or so, then moved back to good 'ol Germany.
Grandpa died while I was gone, was the /k/est man I've ever known.
Pic is the Iron Cross and the Winter war medal
>>
>>23659313
Oh well shit I cant provide that.
>>
>>23659276
yeah but im not looking for a dagger, im looking for an intentionally shortened, jimmy rigged full length sword. just like if someone asked for a picture of a shortened rifle, you wouldnt show them a picture of a handgun.
>>
>>23659333
>Grandpa died while I was gone, was the /k/est man I've ever known.
I know that feel. Good to see you've got something to remember him.
>>
File: 1413582323918.jpg (48 KB, 1200x873) Image search: [Google]
1413582323918.jpg
48 KB, 1200x873
>>23659341
Yeah thats why I suggested exactly that a while ago.
Now we are arguing semantics and generally being sperglords.
>>
>>23659290
Implying delores isnt of of the more imformative posters here. She likes to get drunk and bullshit with everybody, and who doesnt, but when shit gets real and you need some serious answers about firearms she knows what shes talking about.
>>
>>23659336

This is a failing of the educational system in America. If only genetics was taught at a high school level, pornographic aficionados would demand genotypic profiling of all incest porn.

The world would be a better place.
>>
So you want a sword, but not a very big sword?

Saxe. Mid length.
>>
>>23659371

>arguing semantics and generally being sperglords

Welcome to 4chan, we hope you enjoy your stay
>>
>>23659371
when you suggested a bayonet, i assume?

>any pics of shortened rifles?
>well heres a shortened shotgun, deal with it

not quite the same thing
>>
>>23659361
I got some more stuff from him, including the rifle he used to teach us with when we were kids. Feels kinda bad that it's illegal now and I gotta hide it in my closet tbh. You got any good stories from your gramps?
>>
>>23659276
You don't need to sperg about it though, we're just trying to discuss shortened swords.
>>
File: 1391842628373.png (272 KB, 472x618) Image search: [Google]
1391842628373.png
272 KB, 472x618
>>23659392
Nigga this aint my ferst aspergers roday-o
>>23659378
Pfff no Im a drooling idiot who does nothing but shitpost.
This has nothing to do with their autism blinders or negative confirmation bias.
Im just a stupid attention whore cum dumpster lol.
>>23659414
No later when I was talking about how people wouldnt discard a sword just because it broke.
They would shorten it.
Better to have a short sword than no sword right.
That means that inevitably someone shortened a sword at some point to dagger length NOT A DAGGER THO NEVER.
>>23659436
So was I then we talked it in loops 400 times.
Sorry.
>>
>>23656463
Valiant Hearts...
>>
>>23659416
Never met him, been spending the last two days going through all his stuff because we're emptying the house. Absolutely amazing what he kept in a box somewhere in his attic. No guns though, all paperwork.
>>
>>23656542
Anon. You can still be a war hero. You can be the first person to be nuked by Russia in Ukraine.
>>
>>23659480
YES. Dagger length, but not a dagger. Exactly.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 81

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.