[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KCMO Ranges and Gun stores
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: map_of_kansas_city_mo.jpg (34 KB, 800x709) Image search: [Google]
map_of_kansas_city_mo.jpg
34 KB, 800x709
Hey /k/ just moved here looking for some good ranges and a good gun store that has cheap online transfers.
>>
Ranges:
Target Time Defense in Blue Springs (great prices on guns, newest range in town)
Frontier Justice in Lee's SUmmit (best range in the area, a little pricey)
Crossfire/Armsmart in Independence (huge selection, kinda old and dirty)
The Bullet Hole in Overland Park, KS (older, have weekly USPSA/IDPA)
Centerfire Shooting Sports in Olathe, KS (awesome rental selection, second nicest range in area)
Lake City gun range in Independence (all outdoor. 100yd rifle, 25 yd pistol, 3x trap/skeet bays, archery range. Super cheap, but highly regulated)
Pioneer Gun Club, multiple locations (24 hour indoor range, large outdoor range, lots of competitions)
Show Me Shooters, north of the river (guys are eh, prices are eh, weekly bowling pin matches)
Mill Creek Rifle Club in DeSoto, KS (huge outdoor range, tons of bays from 25yds up, monthly USPSA pistol, 3 Gun, and Steel Challenge)

Stores:
Gunners Firearms in Raymore (good crew, eh prices)
CR Sales and Firearms in Independence (wide selection, decent prices)
Shootersmart in Blue Springs (mixed prices, usually too high)
Blue Steel Guns in Raytown (good selection of c&r guns, prices are usually high, crew thinks they know more than they do {argued that 380 was different from 9x17/9mm Browning} are building a range in their basement)
Gunsmithing Only in Mission, KS (great smiths, pretty much all older firearms)
Walmart, Bass Pro, Academy Sports, Cabelas, etc
>>
Anyone here go to UMKC? Junior there
>>
>>30489645
Would you know what the charge for transfers? I was think about buying some lowers and don't want to pay 50 bucks for a transfer
>>
>>30489942
Most places are between $20-40. I know Show Me Shooters is $40, but I think most other places are less. If you go onto Gunbroker, then buying tools, they should have a list of FFLs and their prices. >>30489891
Haven't started school, but I'm looking at taking a few classes there. Thoughts on the school?
>>
>>30490040
School is good for what it is. Pretty infested with SJW though; the Mizzou thing hit them hard. Other than that stuff, then engineering program is alright.
>>
>>30490040
Thanks for the info!
>>
>>30491721
No problem! If you come out to the USPSA matches or multi gun, I'll be the guy in the FDE molle rig with no hair

>>30491692
It seems like most colleges are that way. I'm sure one day I'll end up enrolling somewhere since Uncle Sam is footing the bill
>>
>>30489645
Why so much better than stl. Maybe i should move. To the other side of the state
>>
>>30491899
I lived there for a year, and had family there. It's a nice place, but I definitely think KC is the better city.
>>
>>30491860
There are quite a few ex-military people that I know going to school there. Definitely a commuter-type school.
>>
>>30489645
Good info, I too will be moving to KC soon
>>
Lake City is nice, recently renovated. Plus it's next to the Lake City ammunition plant so if you're lucky you can here them test fire the 30mm Avenger cannons. Also don't take a wrong turn and actually end up at the plant or your ass is grass.
>>
>>30492075
Good plan. Plus there's the gun show up near KCI airport, which usually has some interesting stuff

>>30492066
I figured I'd end up either there of UCM. Or maybe online school, but I'm not sure if I'm motivated enough for that
>>
>>30492178
>Tfw I have been stuck in California all my life and will now will be able to enjoy freedom

My body is ready
>>
>>30492204
We always welcome political refugees from the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Bring your friends
>>
File: 1467525521747.jpg (34 KB, 598x286) Image search: [Google]
1467525521747.jpg
34 KB, 598x286
>>30492253
All my friends are libtards

I'm the only sane one.
>>
>>30492266
I have a few coworkers from Cali. One is a Fudd, and doesn't believe in modern firearms. The other is crazy about Trump and constantly goes on about revolution and how bad the government is. Strangely, he moved back to CA and sold most if not all of his guns.
>>
>>30492347

Odd about somebody like that moving back to California. I would be afraid to even put Trump stickers on my car where I live. People do key cars for that shit here.

I'm just really sick of the liberal nonsense over here and the high cost of living. I just want to be left alone to shoot my guns in peace.
>>
>>30489942

Marksman Fireams in Blue Springs is $15 a transfer pistol or rifle and Tom the guy that runs it is an absolute bro tier older guy. Easy to talk to over email and phone.
>>
>>30492594
Thanks man I'll check that place out
>>
>>30491860
How do matches work I've never gone to one before.
>>
>>30491899
I just drove to KC from St. Louis this weekend and had to take the time to stop at a handful of gun stores. Between Columbia and KC there are so many more quality stores than what we have, and that's excluding any of the big box retailers like Cabela's or Bass Pro.
>>
>>30489645
i personally like the Lake City shooting range, though the highly regulated part is true. There are usually 1-3 range officers watching each line making sure you don't do something stupid. Only real gripes are the 1 shot every 3-5 second rule. Though for the price of $3 an hour and all the free targets you want, its really a nice place. They have a couple giant drum fans to help keep the shooting line cool.
>>
>>30492906
Most allow you to just show up, but they prefer you to confirm via Facebook or practiscore. For uspsa at the Bullet Hole they just put you in a division, and shoot the course as much as time allows. 3 gun puts you in teams so that new shooters always have experienced guys to help them. It's all pretty laid back
>>
File: kc.jpg (550 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
kc.jpg
550 KB, 1000x667
>>30489193

paris of the plains, fuck yeah
>>
>>30489193
yooooooo. just moved up here too. where you at? overland park, blue springs, etc. or are you in KC proper?
>>
>>30489193
best range is some indoor in olathe(suburb in the sw)

more expensive but nicer is frontier justice near lees summit.

been up here a year, moving back to tulsa in 2 months.
>>
>>30494916
That looks comfy as fuck
>>
>>30489193
Its a bit of a drive, but the Hillsdale range is the best ive ever been to.

All the range safety guys are volunteers, and theyre all nice old dudes. Its only $10 to get in plus a $5 park pass which covers all of Hillsdale lake.

100yd and 200yd rifle ranges, 50yd pistol/shotgun range, and a skeet range.

Theres also a little gun shop about a quarter mile up the street too.
>>
Sort of unrelated but does anyone know of some places to go innawoods that's reasonably close to KC? I know there's tons of little conservation areas in the surrounding area but I feel like they'd be full of normies that would call the police if they spotted me headed into the woods in full breeki.
>>
>>30489193
Pigeon Hill in St. Joe if you want to shoot freely
>>
File: pc2.jpg (735 KB, 925x616) Image search: [Google]
pc2.jpg
735 KB, 925x616
>>30494979

Yep. The Plaza was established in 1922 by J.C Nichols. It was designed after the buildings in Seville, Spain. There is a nearly 100 year old tradition of lights (as pictured) on the plaza. The lights are turned on sometime before Christmas, and stay on up to mid-January.
>>
Show Me shooters is nice cause they really just leave you the fuck a lone more than any of the other ranges I've been to.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.