[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Glock 43 CC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: Glock-43.jpg (82 KB, 750x485) Image search: [Google]
Glock-43.jpg
82 KB, 750x485
/k/ Listen to my tale of woe.

So heres the skinny, back in July I got my CC piece (a Glock 43). It feels great in the hand, is comfortable to shoot, excellent quality, eats any ammo I feed it, and is all around an perfect cc gun for me. There is one huge glaring problem with it.

I can't hit shit with it. I practice by throwing 30 rounds or so thru it every few weeks but I still can't hold a good enough pattern with it. I've tried firing off a few thru an LC9S they had at the range and I'm much better with that. The drawback to that one however is it doesnt feel right in my hand and is uncomfortable to carry.

Should I trade up for a different gun? Should I keep trying to improve with the glock?

What is your wisdom /k/?
>>
File: correctionchartright.jpg (216 KB, 1224x1584) Image search: [Google]
correctionchartright.jpg
216 KB, 1224x1584
>>27919210
Try this page out. I deleted a bunch of shitty logos for you
>>
File: 2015-08-20 12.54.23 1_resized.jpg (714 KB, 1490x838) Image search: [Google]
2015-08-20 12.54.23 1_resized.jpg
714 KB, 1490x838
>>27919210
Sig P239 is the answer to all your problems desu senpai
>>
The fact you can hit something with an LC9S but not a Glock 43 tells me it's your trigger finger, not a recoil flinch.

As such, just dry fire, dry fire, dry fire when you aren't at the range. Get to know every single creep and click and crunch of that trigger. Right where it breaks, right where it resets, how much over travel there is etc.

I can make a ragged 4-6" group at 10 yards with my Steyr

With my buddies TRP, it's 7 shots in one roughly .45 caliber hole

The difference between a good pull and a great one is fairly imperceptible until you have great trigger control... Sort of hard to explain but it takes a long time on something like a Glock. Some people pick it up faster than others, some it just takes time. Grip is a factor too-- when you pull the trigger, that is it-- do not tighten your other fingers. Support hand can be an issue too, is it driving you one direction or another? Etc.

There is a whole laundry list of things to eliminate when it comes to handgun "accuracy" before it's literally the accuracy of the hand gun at fault.

Since you are accurate with the LC9S, which has a much better (IMO) trigger, I wouldn't worry too much about the grip/support hand. If you consistently shoot left/right/high/low but still an accurate group then I would think about that.

TLDR just keep practicing
>>
>>27919210
One thing that helped me with shooting Glocks for accuracy was using the reset to my advantage. Practice slowly easing off the trigger until it resets. At the moment of reset, fire again. Do not allow the trigger to move to the fully extended position. If you work on this, you can greatly improve your trigger pull and your speed.
>>
>>27919390
keep in mind op, this guys pic related is for right handed shooters.

as much as i hate glocks, (im a revolver fag)
stick with what you got. git gud nugga.
also, 30 shots isnt shit.
shoot at least 100 per range trip.
ill do 200 per trip every weekend till im proficient at 40 feet. feet, not yards. anyone that says herberderberder i get 2inch group at 25 yards derberberderberder. is a liar
>>
I have the same issue. I CC a SP101 but can't hit dick with it past point blank. I don't know what the fuck is up and I've been shooting it for months.
>>
>>27919679
>I can make a ragged 4-6" group at 10 yards with my Steyr

A 6" group is not a "ragged hole."
>>
>>27919210
>less than a box of ammo every few weeks
>probably not even doing dry-fire practice at home
>blames it on the gun
I've got a better suggestion. Learn to shoot handguns.
>>
>>27920234
So much this. Unless they have a medal from a national or international championship shooting match like Bianchi, take accuracy claims with more salt than fishing tales.

Work on your own groups and ignore everyone else's. Especially if you start to despair at your own groups. If you didn't see them shoot that target, they probably didn't.

Don't be afraid to start close to the target and move back as your groups shrink. That's how you get gud.
>>
>>27920234
Agreed that 100 rounds per weekend is a good start. Distance isn't as important as you think it is. The difference between shooting a handgun at 7 yards and at 15 yards is just that your relative groups will be smaller/larger, but it's all relative. If all you do is shoot at 7 yards, then your idea of good shooting will look different: bullets going through the same hole, groupings the size of a quarter while slow-firing; as opposed to shooting at 15 yards: aiming for about a 2 inch group.
>>
>>27920348
>I don't know what the fuck is up and I've been shooting it for months.
Do lots and lots of wall drills (Google it if you don't know what that is). Shooting well with a handgun isn't something that just happens overnight.
>>
>>27920431
>Work on your own groups and ignore everyone else's. Especially if you start to despair at your own groups. If you didn't see them shoot that target, they probably didn't.
>
>Don't be afraid to start close to the target and move back as your groups shrink. That's how you get gud.
This. There's no shame in setting a paper target at about 4-5 yards (assuming you're at an indoor range where you can do this). It's much better to be able to observe your shot pattern on the target than it is to have half your shots not even be on paper.
>>
OP here,

Okay I'm going to try the tips you guys wrote down before I write the 43 off as not for me. Appreciate it.
>>
>>27920421
I didn't call it a ragged hole. At least you tried
>>
>Glock

Well there's your first problem.
>>
>buying the biggest popular single stack 9, which for some reason holds 1 less round than its competitors

Bad choice right off the bat. It's difficult for most to hit shit with those little ass 9s. Their specs look good but honestly how many of you can actually get a decent group with them? I'm switching to a compact for this reason, getting the FNS-9 compact.
>>
>>27919210
Try getting an old bucket or a coffee can or something. Place it 21 feet away from you. That is the average distance for what the FBI calls a 'close-quarters lethal force encounter.'

Then take your time and aim. Every time you do it right you'll hear the DING! and see the thing pop into the air, and you get that immediate rewarding feedback (like when you kill something in Fallout 4 and hear the CH-CHING!!!!!!) instead of emptying your gun at a paper target and then wandering over and wondering what happened.

Concentrate on aim, not speed. Speed comes from proficiency. Speed comes on its own. You don't need a trigger job. You don't need aftermarket sights. You need a big tin can and some patience and some humility.
>>
Just sell it and get a PPS or a Shield. Everyone who gets a Glock 43 complains they can't hit shit with it.
>>
>>27923867
>shield

It looks and feels like an m&p compact for stepped on and smooshed. The grip is completely flat. The lc9 is formed for human hands and its smaller yet it has the same capacity. I think they rushed the shield into production, just doesn't seem like a lot of thought went into it.
>>
>>27919210
Two possibilities OP
1. its you
2. its the gun

Shoot the gun from a rest or off a bag, take your time, and use good ammo to see if mechanically the gun can shoot some good groups. If it can't its probably the gun. The more likely answer is you are doing something that's fucking with your shooting. I own one of these and for me the accuracy was there, but i did have to drift the sights a bit to get it perfect.

If it isn't the gun or the ammo the answer is to practice dry firing a lot. I would try a $0.25 glock trigger job and a 3.5 connector to lighten up the trigger. Depending on what exactly you are doing wrong it might help you out. A lighter trigger is a big help when you have problems pulling shots. Trying several different grips might also help until you find one that fits.
>>
>>27923905
Another shield anon here. I held both before making my decision and the shield just filled out my hand better. Yeah the lc9 is slightly smaller and easier to conceal but the shield already beats my hand pretty well, I could imagine it would be worse with the thinner grip. Every time my shield starts to dig into my abdomen I hate myself for not getting the smaller lc9.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Sometimes I carry my 43...
>>
>>27924471
>Glock 43
>Austria stamp
wait, what? I thought the 43 was made in USAUSAUSAUSA due to State Dept import bullshit?
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>27924471

But I do like the improved sight radius of a longer weapon...
>>
>>27924484
Nope. Just the 42, I think
>>
File: 1254523848.png (6 KB, 246x176) Image search: [Google]
1254523848.png
6 KB, 246x176
>>27924485
>>
>>27924498

I think that the .380 cartridge is the reason for all that... Not the size. Plus, it will make the US Department of Defense more willing to give Glock .mil contracts if they can make em here...
>>
>>27923811

Of all the Glocks, the 43 is the one I dislike the most.

If I'm gonna carry a subcompact, then I'm either going to go to the smaller and lighter .380 options, like the g42, or get the g26.

The 43 is just one of those "why even fucking bother" guns
>>
>>27923863
10 pts. for fallout mention.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.