[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best 9x19 to stockpile?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 9x19.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
9x19.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
For 5.56 I go with XM193 because I know that it's made to a certain spec and if I keep it dry it'll be shootable long after I'm dead. Dont know what to look for in 9mm. Help a newfag out.
>>
>>30236128
>XM193 because I know that it's made to a certain spec

And what spec is that?

>Dont know what to look for in 9mm

You'll be paying way too much for anything that has any kind of spec on it

Just buy ammo
Specs mean nothing
>>
>>30236132

this is bullshit, ammo varies greatly in not only bullet weight but also powder type and charge. Also there is the case material, size and primer type, hardness, potentially sealed / crimped primer and bullet vs not.

I suggest NATO spec 9mm. It's loaded a bit hotter than most regular stuff. Primer is crimped and sealed as is bullet. Powder is low flash and I get good consistency from it.

There is also this Israeli stuff out there made by IMI that is real nice and its hollow point if you want to spend a little more for that.
>>
>>30236132
Thought the primers were sealed so they'd do better for long term storage.
>>
>>30236175
I'll check it out. Many thanks.
>>
>>30236175
>this is bullshit

And yet, it doesn't matter

NATO spec 9mm is 124 gr +p and is way more expensive than just buying standard ass ball ammo from walmart

Unless you're looking to kill people, use cheap shitty ball and use hollow points when you DO intend to kill people
>>
>>30236178
see
>if I keep it dry

Irrelevant in this case
>>
Looks like I just need to invest in silica gel packs, ziploc bags and ammo cans. I'll check out the 124gr nato stuff for giggles too.
>>
I stack and use Imported ammo only, U.S made ammo is overpriced and shit.

Russian,privi partizan, S&B are all better and much cheaper.
>>
>>30236258
>U.S made ammo is overpriced and shit.

proofs?
>>
>>30236128
NATO spec is decent nice, but the 124 gr round nose won't win any awards for tissue damage.

For the same price you could buy older 1980s hollowpoints like Federal Classic Hi-Shok or Winchester Super-X/White Box Defense. Hell, there's still reject lots of Speer Gold Dot G2 floating around that have spotty expansion, but still guaranteed better than FMJ.

http://www.surplusammo.com/9mm-147-grain-gdhp-saa-personal-protection-500-rds-bulk-new/

http://www.surplusammo.com/9mm-147-grain-gdhp-saa-personal-protection-1000-rds-bulk-new/

https://www.ammunitiondepot.com/503-federal-9mm-147-grain-hp.html?affiliates=17889

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/Winchester-9mm-USA9JHP2-147-gr-JHP-50-per-box-p/usa9jhp2.htm
>>
considering how easy it is to load straight wall pistol ammo, investing in a press and components might be cheaper and you have the flexibility of making whatever ammo whenever you want.
>>
Winchester 147gr PDX1 Defenders will also fuck people up good. Certainly fucks up deer good.
>>
>>30236577
This is a good poinf. I load to stockpile my.44 mag and the savings are massive.

For 9mm you're looking at
>$109 for 1000 Bulk JHP's, would be $180 for premium like hornady
>1lb unique, enough for 1129rds at 6.2gr per load $26.99
>1000 wolf small pistol primers $29.99
>1000 cleaned once fired cases $30.00

So for $266.98 (with $180 worth of jhp's) you've got 1000 of the best possible 9mm's.
>>
>>30236380
Damn, never would've found that. Much appreciated
>>30236577
Reloading is definitely a long term goal.
>>
>>30238500
Reloading for 9mm is one of the few calibers it's almost not worth it to reload. If you buy a press & all the fixing only to start with just 9mm you'll be dissapointed in the savings.
I'd say start with something like .357 just so you can actually see some savings and still have an easily traded/usefully stockpile. .223 would also be good considering high quality factory 223 is very epensive while premium projectiles are pretty cheap. Also nearly universal round for trade.
>>
>>30236380
Hi shoks way under penetrate
>>
>>30236132
>Jusss like.......stop caring about stuff bro.....................get on welfare and shit lollllll....................
>>
>>30236642
>$266.98
I can buy 1000 rounds for half that.
>>
Nato 9mm will wear down any handgun alot quicker than basic 9mm ammunition in my experience. Nato is basically + P which will wear your pistol down quicker. Good to ahoot every now and again but mainly for carbines. Good to store also.
>>
Speer LAWMAN in 115 gr. or 124 gr.
SGammo has it most of the time.
>>
stockpile the cheapest shit that you know works in your gun. 99.9% chance it will only be used for plinking in the future.

have a tiny stockpile of federal HST for carry.
>>
>>30236128
you sound like a retard autist
>>30239646
there is nothing wrong with welfare and or being unemployed living off welfare.
>>
File: Thanks.png (168 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
Thanks.png
168 KB, 400x307
>>30240193
>>
When it comes to saving ammo for a rainy day, I follow two guidelines: maximize your money, and don't get all the same thing.

Get what you can afford so you can get a lot of it. I stay away from dirt-cheap shit like "commercial" reloads, Wolf, aluminum Blazer, etc and go with some affordable factory made brass cased ammo. Go with boxer primed ammo so you can save brass if you have to reload down the road.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Diversify and get case lots of at least two or three different types of FMJ ammo. That way if you have one type that won't cycle in a carbine, or ends up having some other kind of problem, at least ALL your ammo won't have the problem if you got more than one type.

Also get at least a case each, of two or more types of hollowpoints. You want enough hollowpoint ammo that you can shoot a few boxes through your weapon to be sure it cycles well and still have enough to carry and rotate through over time. If you happen to select a design that doesn't cycle well through whatever pistol you end up with down the road, hopefully you have a case of at least one more type of hollowpoint to try in it.
>>
>>30239665
You can't buy 1000rds of quality JHP for that...
Maybe PMC bronze FMJ, which is needless to say not what you want for a stockpile that might get used off the range.

>IMI 115gr JHP
>1000rds = 364.99 =ยข36 a round
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2090655809/imi-ammunition-9mm-luger-115-grain-di-cut-jacketed-hollow-point

If you were going to get comparative hornady factory loaded ammo you'd be spending $740 for 1000 rounds.
So for less than you spend on range ammo I'm able to stockpile premium self defense ammo.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.