[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elona Collection - Ecolle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50
File: Kumifly.png (210 KB, 1199x898) Image search: [Google]
Kumifly.png
210 KB, 1199x898
Previous Thread:
>>15219066

[New to the game? Read First, Ask Later]

Pastebins:

>New Player Guide/FAQ:
http://pastebin.com/Zcavai8x

>Mods:
http://pastebin.com/vZ8Hfw6C
>>
What is known about the elona pantheon?
>>
Ecolle? More like E. coli
>>
Is it possible to soul spindle a god, and then keep them as a pet? Sounds like a lot of work for not much gain, but the idea still sounds interesting. Anyone tried it? I think in one of the older threads someone did, but not with the actual gods, but some of the godrace npcs.
>>
>>15299952
Clever, but Elona a great game.
>>
>>15299953
You'd need to astral pen them first, but I believe you could do it. Though if you don't annihilate their stats & speed them before spindling, I feel like you may as well not bother.
>>
File: 1462713805403.jpg (11 KB, 198x328) Image search: [Google]
1462713805403.jpg
11 KB, 198x328
>Hunting job
>One of the enemies is a stray cat
>Little Girl kills it
>Read the log
>>
>>15299953
Yes, it can be done, but no matter what, you'll still end up getting hit by the penalty. In this case being the Soul Spindle penalty. It's admittedly less problematic compared to Monster Ball Atlases though.
>>
>>15300406
what is written in the log anon?

i remember doing hunting in hell elona. killing cats net me karma loss, even if hunting mision. its annoying to urvive those mission only to get killed by guards.
>>
>>15300422
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Stray_cat
>>
>>15300447
>"I'm...going...hom....e..."
oooooh
>>
Can one change the AI with custom for http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Sleeping_giant to prevent it from falling asleep?
>>
>>15300558
Depends on whether sleep is a special action here, which it doesn't seem to be. Custom governs a lot of the special actions and how you can interact with them, but it doesn't allow you to affect any AI on a level deeper than that. I don't think there's any bitflag that regulates self afflicting status conditions, but this seems to be a special case of some sort.
>>
File: Dragons.png (591 KB, 694x473) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
591 KB, 694x473
>>15299953
Following up with >>15300419. My test character doesn't get sleepy fast enough unfortunately, probably should just elosnack edit the sleepiness gauge and make a new gene, but yeah here you go. Soul Spindle of Yacchan. Her stats will all drop to 50. To compare, the stats shown are for a freshly monster balled element dragon after the god nerf.
>>
What are the best ways to make money in Elona+? I have enough to afford a museum but with a bit more grinding I could get a shop instead.
>>
>>15300922
The shop will give you a better return than the museum, as long as you have a decent shopkeeper. The most efficient way to get money is through dungeon completion, but if you're not ready for that then board quests are easy money, as well as cargo running if you have seven league boots. You won't get what you need by picking up whatever you find on the ground, due to the way the negotiation system works.
>>
>>15300280
>>15300419
>>15300867
I didn't really mean to do it for their stats, just for the rp value, or whatever, you just level them up normally afterwards. And their ini is based on post-soul spindle stats, not what they had before.
I know that if you want a strong starting pet you just monster ball it instead, but this would just be more as a curiosity, I guess, if I ever decide to make a new character, can I soul spindle him a god or two, and then use them? Maybe also get a good starting pet to skip North Tyris to get the Kumiromi statues.
>>
>>15301229
>can I soul spindle him a god or two, and then use them?

If you wanted
>>
>>15300922
Museum is good steady income, but you probably don't have enough cards and figures yet for that.

Shop is good income, but you need to keep filling it up and get a good shopkeeper

Cooked food from farm vegetables and fruit is good, as well as any armor pieces found in dungeons.
>>
>>15301229
If you can get one god you can get'em all.
>>
Are there any good pcc body graphic mods? Not original characters, but just the default body. Would love to not have to make my own.
>>
How the fuck do i raise relation with things other than pet ?
They wont take food with love potion spice and throwing potions at them doesn't raise it either.
Are gifts the only way ? those things are rare as hell.
>>
>>15302137
Just talking to NPCs can raise their relationship with you. It can take awhile to get to the upper levels but it's there. Gifts can be found reliably on a vendor in Larna especially if you invest in him/her. Be prepared to pay a lot for them though. Throwing love potions should work. Only problem is that you aggro the NPC doing so. Might have to leave the map and come back for them not to attack you.
>>
>>15302137
Valentine's Day chocolates, gifts, and such. Gifts aren't too bad, considering I got a God to soul mate with I think...5 gifts of manic quality?
>>
>>15302428
Trying to astral pen a mob i can't talk to
I tested throwing love potion on my pet it doesn't go higher than 105
Larna shop isnt affordable right now

>>15302467
You can only give chocolates your pet offer you, not the ones you create. Have only 1 of the relevant variety
I tested on my pet starting at 105 relationship: 5 cheap gift, 2 so so, 3 exciting, 1 chocolate, 6 aphrodisiac food didn't get me above fellow.
Could it be shit gift don't increase relationship after a certain level (of relationship) ?
>>
>>15302597
If Larna's shop isn't affordable and you're not willing to save scum on general merchants you should probably just put it off, or be prepared for a very long "grind" to get better gifts. By that I mean just going about it the long way and waiting for inventories to stock the right quality of gifts, or wait for the NPC to magically hit the peak relationship that they'd normally hit from conversation.

I've never used anything but manics so yeah. But then I didn't need to use an ALP outside of testing until I was around level 200.
>>
Someone a few threads ago said you can use superior material scrolls on cheap gifts. That can save a lot of cash.
>>
>>15303154
Superior Material and Change Material scrolls both just add another prefix to the cheap gift (like rubynuswork cheap gift). If it isn't manic to begin with it'll still be a cheap gift, though I have no clue how strongly the material it's made of would affect it, considering it's the same item class as furniture in some regards isn't it?
>>
>>15302137
>gifts are rare as hell

1. learn investing
2. go to the general shop nearest to your home
3. while you have enough money
3.1. invest 10
4. go hiking
5. return an buy whatever
>>
So i gotten myself an estate. been saving aand didn't even hire a maid or getting a farm

questtion now is, i don't know where to put my new house. i remember once i had a home near noyel (than i repleced all relevnet tile in my house and farms with snow tiles, totally worth it) and it was nice since with return i had an access to large areas of the maps, but what now? somewhere near lumiest would also be nice for coverage, and derphy is where my guild is (still about 10 days before quests completes, i think ill just go to jail after checking in with the quest giver) but there i no altar there (is there?) and i want to keep sacrificing stuff to lulwy, at least till i get my first god pet... or put it near the dojo because im going for samurai theme for my char .

i want to cange my house map icon to something eastern, but i don't know the codes
>>
>>15304022
I blew a Rod of Wish to get an altar in my own house. You probably don't need to if you have big carry weight and flying scrolls, but it is an option.
>>
>>15304046
I used a wish on seven leaue boots... it was cursed and with horrible debuffs so i discarded it. my thirsty pet will get me another sooner or later.
>>
>>15304022
Return gets you an easy path to Vernis, Larna. By extension, you can get to Port Kapul and Lumiest relatively easily as well. South Tyris Checkpoint is probably the closest you get to Derphy unless you actually want to place your house there.

Personally I never bothered, since I only needed Derphy for quick Travelling mods on pets, and I set up a storage outpost with a gene machine there instead. That and the Thieves Guild wasn't that useful.

If you're seriously in doubt, then stick to Palmia. Eventually every quest ties back in to Palmia, and unless you have a tax collector box (which might be a good thing to invest in if you hate transit) you'll have to go back to the embassy every so often anyways. Truce Grounds is nearby - as is the blank shrine in Palmia itself.
>>
What do you think of my estate?
>>
File: house.jpg (269 KB, 1286x800) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
269 KB, 1286x800
>>15304445
derp
>>
>>15304166
yeah i went to palmia. i got the tax box already btw, think il get a diary next... or a shrine gate.
>>
>tfw finally ran out of growth scrolls pre-sock nerf
damn I totally forgot what low potential hell feels like

>>15304467
default/10

>>15304022
I live on Luminest island for the two magic shops, and I have a path of farms going to Palmia, so I don't get random encounters.

Combined with my own shopkeepers I get like 7 rolls for wish books and flying scrolls every restock. I can't really think of a better place to move.
>>
File: house.jpg (254 KB, 1286x800) Image search: [Google]
house.jpg
254 KB, 1286x800
>>15305341
What about v2?
>>
I got a pet gold bell. How do I use it?
>>
>>15305546
Give it a ranged weapon and ammo and you win. Resist poison and bleed could be useful.
>>
Is there any easy way to get scrolls of growth, or at least a reliable way. I check my magic vendors pretty often for Potential and Flying, but I think I found all of one scroll of Growth in like 130 hours. I think you could get them from sox, but I checked the wiki, and couldn't find anything, I guess I'm just stupid.
>>
>>15305426
Nicer
>>
>>15305812
Trading with small medals is the only guaranteed way outside of merchants.
>>
>>15305985
So then the best way to get small medals is dungeons? I heard you could use Ragnarok to farm them, but the one time I tried using it I couldn't get it to activate.
>>
>>15305995
Once you're done burning through the medals that are hidden in towns and maps, you're left with only dungeons. If you don't know how to use the Ragnarok, you're probably not in the right time to use the Ragnarok though.
>>
>>15305426
You can remodel tiles with a house board, in case you didn't realize. The embassy near Palmia sells those.
>>
>>15306018
I guess I'll do dungeons then, I'd just like to know how to do Ragnarok too, can I not do it because my melee skill is too low? I hate melee in this game, so the only leveling I got for it was when I bumped into enemies when running through low level dungeons.
I did reach lost irva, so I'm not super weak, if that's the issue?
>>
>>15306058
If you can survive Ragnarok (and the associated etherwind) with no trouble, then you're good to go. better that you have a way to kill lots of enemies quickly at once (magic ball, meteor?). Then it's just a matter of opening the occasional chests that drop from the dragons. I forget whether the spawn count is based on map size, making it most effective in a player dungeon.
>>
>>15306058
Ragnarok is based off on proc on hit, so the quicker you are the better. Defenses wise, you just need proper elemental resistances, or enough speed that you can oneshot every monster before they attack you. Thankfully for the most part Ragnarok's monsters are pretty weak, so if your resistances are good the residual effects should be more of annoyances than hazards.

>>15306081
Don't think it's based off of map size, the reference frame for summoning seems to be generally the same regardless. You can test it out by using Earth Dragon's Dance (Houzanha) and demolishing the majority of the dungeon to check the spawn range. The player dungeon gives you a good static place to perform the summoning though, so generally that's the advantage it has over just using it in a random dungeon or town.
>>
>>15306102
Is it okay to meteor it, or does that destroy the chests? Seems like the fastest way to clear the map.
>>
>>15306157
The round of meteor shouldn't destroy the chests unless you happen to cast over and over again, and even then I'm not sure the chests are destructible. Fire testing with Vesda they didn't burn, but then again Meteor might be a tier above.
>>
>>15305739
>Go to Puppy Cave
>Take a step
>Bell fires its bow 5 times

This is very cool. The only problem is I'm lv 11 and it's lv 1. Would a few runs in Puppy Cave level it quickly?

Oh and also, no low-level dungeons have been generated in 6 months in-game time. The lowest I've seen is lv 9. Is it just bad luck or something else?
>>
>>15306564
Gene engineer stuff into your bell if you want, but bells are mostly meant to be low-maintenance pets to get you through the early game. Later on bells don't scale well.
>>
>>15306564
If you're steadily burning through dungeons, the levels are going to increase, based on the level of the highest you've done. You can only reset this once you go into Act 2.

The bell's speed is technically a force multiplier, it can easily handle things that are a couple of levels above it if it is equipped with a sufficient weapon. It'll level steadily enough if you go through dungeons. Be wary that if you get too dependent on it, it can come back to bite you in the ass later.
>>
>>15306564
It's better to give it a firearm (machine guns work well) than a bow. It has better stats/growth for using firearms.
>>
>>15306054
I've used a house board tough...
or did you mean remodel the actual tiles, i.e turn wood floor into something never seen in elona?
>>
File: Ants.png (347 KB, 802x602) Image search: [Google]
Ants.png
347 KB, 802x602
My original adventurer's daughter, with one of her father's pets as a protector comes face to face with the realization that she is less than the dropping of an ant. (Inheriting monster balls should seriously just be left for fun roleplay runs)
>>
>>15308178
He's saying if you don't change the actual shape of the house you might as well just be using the default layout. You're not committed to one big chamber with four small rooms, you can build whatever you like.
>>
>>15308249
i did change the layout. I just think a big chember with for madium rooms is nice (tough i would have used an upstairs if i could)
>>
>>15300922
Open a shop, get a slave pet with Negotiation and good charisma to run it, then set your shop type to whatever you can get the most of. If you run dungeons, set it to Blacksmith and sell every crap piece of gear you can find. If you have a farm/ranch with the Cooking skill, set it to Food shop and sell every scrap of food you make, even the cursed refuse piles. You'll get a decent amount of money daily, and even more items of the same type will get put into your safe so you can keep that shop type open longer before running out of stuff to sell. Keep switching it up depending on what you have the most of on hand.
>>
File: Screenshot_11.png (30 KB, 1113x39) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_11.png
30 KB, 1113x39
Mentioned this before but ever since 1.58 my specialized shops can't sell for their life. Someone mentioned the bit about the patch change adding the cancel rate but here's the thing... the specialized shops sell SIGNIFICANTLY SLOWER than the default shop. I'm also seeing some absurd sell prices like 86. These are shops with at least 80 items on stock, no worthless garbage. The 86gp sale was from an equipment shop. The shopkeeper has 270 neg and 130+ cha and my shop rank is 1. Is noone else having this sort of issue?
>>
Does spell enhance on items do anything for pets? Since I think it depends on their casting level, and spell enhance only effects spell levels.
>>
>>15310310
Pet's have their own spell damage formula but enhance spell does work for them too. I'd go off of the spell technical wiki rather than the spells wiki. The spells wiki is has some outdated information.

Anyhow, pet spell damage is Casting * 6 + 10 = Spellpower and when a pet has enhance spells it's SpellPower = Spellpower * (1 + EnchantStrength/1000), where EnchantStrength is capped at 1500.
>>
>>15312273
Forgot to say, use the spellpower that is calculated and plug it into the actual spell damage formula of the spell being cast on the technical page and you'll arrive at spell damage.
>>
>>15308786

its a bug will be fix in the next one.

Upon closer inspection, item sales at the default player's shop had a 7/8 chance of getting cancelled, so the cancellation chance for specialized shops has been changed to 1/2.
>>
I finally went to a 150 DL dungeon after just doing 120ish for a while and the first boss I got was an Element Dragon.

Gave that up real quick.
>>
How do you teach spells to pets?
>>
>>15313546
Need Elona Custom. I would go through Anna's blog/wiki stuff for more information on the specifics on teaching pets spells. Another way to teach spells to pets is through the NPC Leold.
>>
Will guildmasters remain hostile after leaving a guild, after just going incognito to learn a couple skills?

Can I still join the guilds, afterwards?
>>
>>15314241
You should still be able to join and the guild masters shouldn't still be hostile.
>>
Are "herb-in"s good for training potential of stats? Is it worse than potions of potential?
Actually I ate 3 of them, and nothing trained whatsoever.
>>
>>15314984
Herb in's level stats up, so that reduces your potential, and the tiny boost to potential it gives you isn't really enough. What's wrong with just potions of potential?
>>
>>15314990
Not enough.
>>
>>15315017
So drink more? Even if it says superb potential that only means 200%. I get about plus 10 of each attribute on average for about 70 herbed curarias, without having completely maxed out potential, but well past superb, along with drinking a few pots every once in a while.
>>
>>15315017
You're blessing your potions right? If not, you should be. Takes about 9 to 12 potions to go from hopeless to superb in all attributes assuming you blessed your potions.
>>
>>15314984
give them to your pets
>>
goddamn, how long does it take for these fucking shopkeepers to get more money and restock. I just want to sell all my shit, already.
>>
>>15317125
48 hours, I think, also just get a pet with super low speed when riding, like a bell or a snail, and ride it to pass time.
>>
>>15317125
>>15317129
did some testing not too long ago, regular shopkeeper restock in 3 full days while traders restock gold in 3 days and inventory in 7 days
>>
>>15317129
>>15317178
Thanks, lads.
>>
File: 1318836638901.jpg (8 KB, 176x137) Image search: [Google]
1318836638901.jpg
8 KB, 176x137
Quick question: The pastebin says I should download vanilla Elona before Elona+. Am I supposed to extract Elona+ on top of vanilla Elona, or is it standalone?
>>
>>15317882
I'm not sure why the pastebin suggests that, as far as I can tell Elona+ is its own standalone thing.

Elona+ Custom does require Elona+ of the same version though.
>>
>>15317891
Thanks, it did look standalone so that's why I doubted the pastebin.
>>
File: file.png (352 KB, 816x640) Image search: [Google]
file.png
352 KB, 816x640
I am so lost
>>
>>15318273
>a -> rub -> ^
>>
>>15318284
But what does it do

Am I just fondling a little girl in the middle of the night in the rain while a lame horse clops nearby?
>>
File: it was worth it.png (35 KB, 358x339) Image search: [Google]
it was worth it.png
35 KB, 358x339
>>15318289
Yeah.
>>
>>15318273
Well, my little girl is dead. ;_;

How do I restart I can't handle it.
>>
>>15318415
Go to the pet trainer in the bar in Vernis and buy her back for cheap.
>>
File: rub.png (232 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
rub.png
232 KB, 800x601
>>15318289
For now it's just flavor text however, as you increase its relationship score with you the flavor text changes a bit and your pet may get the boost buff. The buff increases its strength and speed for several turns.

>>15318415
Talk to the bartender in town. There should be an option to bring your pet back to life. The resurrection spell works too.
>>
>>15318415
Death is cheap in Elona, don't worry.
In fact, don't hesitate to torturerapemurder her.
She'd only be a little annoyed by it once you make the local necromancer raise her from the bloody pulp you bring him.
>>
>>15318455
>Those fucking stats
I just started yesterday, how long until I become that bullshit?
>>
>>15318443
>>15318455
>>15318462

Thanks, I restarted anyway cause I was a mess. We'll see how it goes this time.
>>
My mom used to have a coworker named Elona
>>
File: char.png (734 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
char.png
734 KB, 800x601
>>15318463
About 850 hours in for me it seems. Been playing the game off and on over the years. I never restarted my file or made a new character and just stuck with this one since forever.

Now that I think about it, I'm about 850 hours in and I haven't even capped one single skill or even one single spell yet on my character. Pretty crazy considering how other games play out. I'm close to capping at least two skills though. I'm also close to capping the max amount of AP a character can get if the wiki is right about 80,000 AP being the max.
>>
>>15318528
Well I should say that I had one character before this guy, a Juere Pianist, but after that I made Kai and haven't made a new character. The Juere Pianist was my first go at Elona. Learned a lot about the game all the while making every kind of mistake imaginable. Learned from all of it, visted these Elona threads for hints and strategies, then made Kai and the rest is history.
>>
>>15318490
where was he from ?
>>
Wait so pets need to eat? How do I keep track of their hunger?
>>
>>15318642
First get the stethoscope item. Use it on your pet and you'll see a bar. That bar is its HP and also comes in two colors. If it's red/pink that means your pet is full. If it's blue that means your pet is hungry and will most likely jump at any food on the ground to devour. It's better that you prepare meals for your pets and drop it on the ground when they're hungry. You don't want it just eating anything off the ground especially if its rotten since it can reduce the growth of attributes. Naturally, undead corpses are always rotten.

You can get a stethoscope from a general goods vendor or find it as a random item on the dungeon floor. Investing in said vendor can help make it show up I imagine.
>>
>>15318642
they can't die of hunger, its just that food train attributes
>>
>>15318765
How do I deal with identifying stuff? It seems like it's way too expensive to do for most junk, but I'm afraid to use unidentified items
>>
Pot for fusion allays that problem because you can just throw random unidentified items into the fake gold bar recipe to see if they are blessed or cursed.

Gold is very easy to make if you train noncombat skills. If you primarily do combat, a few levels in sense quality is all you need to know if stuff is <Miracle> or {Godly} tier.
>>
>>15318815
Using a cursed item on accident won't permafuck your character at all. Part of the fun in roguelikes is dealing with and unexpected drawbacks and succeeding in spite of them.
>>
How do you raise the attribute potential for pets? Does trainers raise both the skill and attribute potentials, whenever they use up gold?
>>
>>15318954
potential potions or picnic baskets
yes
>>
>>15312669

That's what I hope, but if you read the patch notes of 58, they added cancellation chance to specialized shops and it was at a rate of 1/32. It sounds like they're actually increasing it by making it 1/2.
>>
>>15318954
>>15319004
Just give them gold or teach them the pick-pocketing skill. I've never had to give them either of those items since teaching mine the skills. It's an enormous waste of time and materials to do so.
>>
>>15320298
post your strongest pet
>>
File: OldPetPic.jpg (3 MB, 2154x2549) Image search: [Google]
OldPetPic.jpg
3 MB, 2154x2549
>>15320917
I've only given the bear a potPot a long time ago when I first caught it. That was because I got sick of spamming the spacebar after giving it over 500k.

Shera has, to my knowledge, never received potions of potential. Ever. She was my first recruit, the first to learn cooking, the first to learn pick-pocketing and the first to receive a substantial amount of gold from me.
>>
File: Fate_1435383361386.png (98 KB, 393x328) Image search: [Google]
Fate_1435383361386.png
98 KB, 393x328
I am pretty fucking lost guys, help me out a bit
What do I do with all my junk? I have a lot of items but I can't drop any more in my house, and I'm overburdened from carrying a ton of shit to train Sense Quality. Tons of mats but no idea how to use any of them. My pet is tough but no idea if I should be doing anything to "raise" her
And no real clue about where to go. I'm just doing hunting missions in the first town and sleeping, but even that's being a problem since I can't carry or store the rewards they give me

I also tried casting a cure spell and died. Wooooooow.
>>
>>15321205
In Roguelike games like elona it's not usually necessary to hoard junk. Most equipment (anything below Miracle, really - the odds of a Good/Great item having loads of lines are very low) are not worth carrying and you should just dump them to a vendor.
>>
Reminder for new players that hungry pets can curse-test food for you.
They won't eat food they wander over if it's cursed.
>>
>>15321205
Get a shop, a pet with decent charisma and negotiation, dump all the stuff you don't need in there. Or just sell them to a vendor.
>>
File: Pet4.png (2 MB, 1598x1198) Image search: [Google]
Pet4.png
2 MB, 1598x1198
>>15321205
If you must keep things look into storage deeds available at the embassy or the dungeon deed. If you're a spell caster you can look into the 4th dimensional pocket spell.

Materials are used in crafting things so in order to use them you need to use a crafting tool such as a gem cutter, alchemy kit, etc.

As for your pet, if you haven't beaten Zeome and are still in north Tyris, then only concern yourself with keeping your pets potential high at the moment. You can do this by having your pet visit its trainer in town which will train both its skill and attribute potentials. All you have to do is walk around town or rest and the pet should automatically visit its trainer assuming it has gold to afford its trainer. To have your pet afford its trainer let your pet loot the gold, gems, and other stuff of worth on dungeon floors. If you can afford to, let your pet loot the gold off of your dungeon boss kills as that's the fastest way for them to get gold. If your pet has the pickpocket skill that can help too. By having your pets potential be consistently high all the time hopefully it will level up its skills faster and also gain some attributes through it in the process.

As for no real clue where to go or feeling lost in what you need to do as far as the story goes you can always check your journal. You're not in a rush to complete the story though. Take your time if you need to. It's not going anywhere. Do dungeons, start your own band, become a farmer, become a harem lord, whatever you want. You can come back to the story when you feel ready to.

Once you get to south Tyris you can concern yourself with the more complicated things in raising a pet. Along with keeping your pets potentials high, you should look into feeding your pets herbs to actually increase their attributes quicker through just eating stuff. Setting up herb farms will accomplish this.

Speed is one of the most important attributes in the game and an easy way to increase your pets speed is by seeing an NPC named Leold and exchanging AP for speed. Potions that increase speed can help too. By now, you should have an idea of how your pet attacks and what skills govern those attacks. You want to raise those skills and the easiest way to do that imo is AP exchange with Leold as well.

I'm on my fourth pet now and have been doing everything above. Raised her attributes through herbs. This particular pet has a tendency when called on to the field to start insulting her enemies. As she approaches the enemy she throws panties and pelts the enemy with magic dart. Once close enough or if she starts out close enough, she unleashes MP breath. If she's in melee range she tends to use her whip and sometimes brainwashes enemies. So I'm focusing on the skills tactics and casting to up her damage. Going to raise them using AP. I may have her learn magic storm as well.

As a side note, a pets trainer cost is based off a pet's INI score and charisma. A low INI pet with a high charisma score shouldn't need a lot of gold for the trainer. My pet however does as it has a ridiculous INI score but I tell myself it's because succubus are high maintenance. The wizards had it all wrong about needing fancy magic circles to summon a succubus when all you needed were stacks of money but I digress. Anyhow, good luck with your adventures.
>>
>>15323499
This overlooks the value of spellcasting and music tickets early on. You aren't going to get extra life and mana from herbed herbs, and you're definitely not going to grind small medals for the last 1200 speed, you're going to get it from raising the spell level of summon spirits, which means buying scrolls of wonder, which means the earlier you start, the better. For powergaming, I wish someone would've told me how to (ab)use summon spirits early on, rather than 200 hours into my playthrough. Meteor is also nice.

This all presumes prioritizing higher stats over roleplaying, but there we are.
>>
>>15323954
True, but I had no idea what kind of character he was. Also, I tried tailoring what I said to answering his questions as simply as I could without writing a literal FAQ or scaring him off with too much information at once. I was already writing a block of text and figured if he wanted more in depth knowledge on something specific he'd ask me or you guys would answer it.

While I agree with you that it's better to start the collection process of wonder scrolls as early as you can if you're a caster or a person who hasn't shunned that aspect of the game, you certainly aren't screwed by any means by not doing so. Certainly can complete the story without increasing life or mana. Ditto for killing the demi gods and the gods too.

I didn't start the whole gathering of it until I completed South Tyris because that's around the time I learned about it. I also didn't have the 1000 or 2000 life/mana when I went to kill the gods either. I only had the default life and mana attributes when I killed the pantheon on my character. Shortly after that I took on the challenge of having my pet Yuki, the little girl, solo Itzpalt without my help and for that I got serious about leveling summon spirits.

On a side note and as a reminder, 2000 life and mana used to be the number to aim for and it did increase life and mana in the past at that number but now 1000 is the hard cap. Any increase beyond 1000 does nothing for you.
>>
>>15321205
I'm assuming you want to keep all that stuff you're carrying around.

I dump a lot of my stuff in the two dungeons in Vernis (The Mine and The thief's hideout) since they don't reset. I've been using them for years and never had a problem.
>>
>Trick or treater comes my house
>Chose treat and lost karma so choose trick this time
>Cunt throws molotov X∞

Wow.
>>
>>15324248
Have you had a beggar come to your house yet? All he says is please halp and doesn't indicate how much he'll take if you say yes. As it turns out, he takes 5% of your total gold on you. Think about how absurd that is if you have 20 million gold. The beggar is a millionaire now and probably never worked a day in his life. Could it be that Lomias murdered the beggar in the cave due to this bullshit?

#LomiasDidNothingWrong
>>
>>15324248
I hate these kids so fucking much.
>>
Ok I accidentally ate the oven in Vernis while trying to cook holy shit
>>
>>15323954
Not him but you could technically cap speed on herbs alone. It's much faster as he said to help the process along with AP and potions though.
>>
File: D'awwww.png (362 KB, 1024x767) Image search: [Google]
D'awwww.png
362 KB, 1024x767
>>15324248
>>15324450
Ha ha, the little dearies, aren't they just so precious? As many punks and producers I've flipped couches on, I could never bring myself to be even the least bit upset with Halloween kids. But just in this case it was a choice between doomsday caramel or bottle bombs.
>>
>>15323954
Heh, I actually did grind the medals for the last 1200 speed though. Herbs did help a bit and so did those speed uppers. Mostly Hermes blood did it though.
>>
>>15324248
You should always keep some spare romias in your inventory
Never rot so your good
>>
>>15321205
Just buy shitloads of storage houses
I'm a chronic hoarder, so I have tons of them all over

I even have a storage house filled with only the corpses of the unique NPCS and bosses I slain, preserved via antibiotics potions. I like to save them because they are unique.

One may object to having a house filled with hundreds of corpses of vanquished enemies, but when in Elona....
>>
>>15324630
You should open up a steakhouse friend. Buy a shop deed, remodel the place into a steakhouse, and sell all that perfectly cooked aged steak.
>>
>>15323954
>>15324149
What you guys mean by training stats via Summon spirits?
>>
>>15324974
It's a means to an end. You see, if you take a party quest and replace(kill) the regular NPCs with high level spirits from that spell while keeping the named NPCs, you can earn an amazing score by impressing the spirits and named NPCs. I do this through mass distribution of love potions with alchemy rain. I can make about 2 million music tickets every few in game days from doing party quests like this. I use said tickets to purchase hero cheese and magic fruit from the NPC Stoke. The two items responsible for raising the life and mana attributes respectively. Both those attributes play a considerable part in the calculation of max HP and max MP. I also can use said tickets to supplement my herb supplies. Pretty much I can get around 1000 herbs of my choosing every couple of days in Elona. This supplements the many herb farms my character Kai already has and as such I have plenty of herbs to go around for me and my pets such as her >>15323499. Eating herbs leads to attribute growth/training.

You could also use the tickets to buy speed uppers if you want to but so far I've never had to use it for that purpose. I originally maxed out my speed with Kai >>15318528
using AP, Hermes blood, and the speed uppers I got from dungeons.

Since Hermes blood needs medals to get, and most of my medal scavenging came from dungeon boss drops, and I needed to kill big daddies for their little sisters, also found in dungeons, to get copies of Kumiromi statues for herb seed generation, I had no problem with getting my speed to 2000 without tickets.

It is an option though but do realize that when I say you need high level summon spirit spell I mean high. Like lv 300+. You'll need around lv 1000+ to get the amount of tickets I rake in. I was able to max out my speed long before I was able to get enough stock and spell levels in summon spirit to pull off the above but that might be due to when I started farming wonder scrolls.
>>
File: 1464509537600.jpg (283 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1464509537600.jpg
283 KB, 1600x1600
>>15325122
I see, then i will start farming tons of scrolls of wonders asap! Thanks a lot for explaining.
>>
>>15324149
Yeah, I know what you mean about spoilering, it's tough to gauge where some newer players are, and once this new spell update comes along things are going to get pretty wild as we try to figure out just what goes on behind the new mechanics. It seems like the spell update will either break the game wide open or make spellcasting significantly less viable.
>>
>>15324149
Meant to say that past 1000 life or mana, eating hero cheese or magic fruit will not increase your max HP or max MP. You can go past 1000 for both but there really isn't a point in doing so anymore.
>>
How do you guys keep your skill potentials up?

I'm climbing into higher plat requirments and my percentages are slowly drifting down.
>>
>>15326146
Raise the ones with the lowest potential first.
It should keep you at around 80% for all, more if you do more quests than necessary for replenishing karma.

Assuming a dungeon-heavy gameplay, of course.
>>
Is the best living weapon elemental damage just raw magic?

I know hardly anything resists it so that's what I went for.
>>
>>15326146
I used to rely pretty heavily on the scowls of growth you'd trade for sox with that looking universe dude from Lost Irva. Since that got sacked for the lower platinum costs, I started finishing up all the challenge and panic quests like crazy mad where, on average, I'll rack up 10 plat a pop. Neither quests will appear until after your fame starts ranging somewhere between 30k and 50k, and I think the higher you raise your fame afterwards, you're rewarded more Plat each finish, with the limit being 10.
>>
File: livingweapons.png (3 MB, 1597x1799) Image search: [Google]
livingweapons.png
3 MB, 1597x1799
>>15326398
I'm curious about this too. Which is better, living weapon with everything tied up in magic damage or a living weapon with its level ups and fusions spread out over various elements like mine? What kind of damage do you get with your living weapon?

For my living weapons I want to focus on panel 5 of my pic as it has less clutter. In one turn total damage(Just counting damage from darkness, magic, lightning, cold, and fire. Not physical damage) is 99,284. Total damage from one swing of one lightsaber, again just counting the above, 33,481.
>>
>>15329413
Enemy resists are superb in everything except magic which is at normal.
>>
>>15326398
Damage wise the numbers are technically higher for raw magic, so technically if you're going for a munchkin build and looking to pump out the highest possible numbers without considering possible enemy resists at different stages of the game, then it's one of the best options.

Back in the day, rainbow spreads were useful to hit the 15 attribute cap, since living weapons used to be infinite, and you could stave off the bleeding effect infinitely if you knew what you were doing with mat kits. But at the same time, you didn't necessarily need to be using elements to fill the slots, they just happened to be more effective back then. Nowadays with living weapons capped off at L15, things are a lot more straightforward.

Not sure actually if a legacy build from an earlier version would retain those infinite living weapons actually, some of those things were ridiculous.
>>
>>15331020
Got some numbers to provide? I want to know just how much we're talking as far as difference in damage goes. Pictures of living weapon(s) with full magic damage and their numbers would be ideal but some sort of equation/formula that demonstrates their damage will suffice as well.
>>
What's better? Sword&Shield, dual wielding, or two handing?
>>
>>15331134
I have one pet that specializes in two hand and another, her >>15329413, that specializes in dual wield. From what I've seen, dual wield can do more damage than two hand however it requires you to to have RNG on your side to get all the hits to come out. If RNG fails you, then two hand will do more damage. So if you want more consistent damage you would like two hand but if you are up for spikes in damage go with dual wield. Both are good though. Can't speak for sword and shield. Don't have a pet that has done that. My character isn't sword and shield either.
>>
>>15331134
I am using 4 shields on my mutant.
>>
File: Metal Slug Super Snail.png (973 KB, 985x710) Image search: [Google]
Metal Slug Super Snail.png
973 KB, 985x710
one hell of a trip training this thing and the hermit crab.
>>
File: 7ef55d953c[1].png (406 KB, 1276x764) Image search: [Google]
7ef55d953c[1].png
406 KB, 1276x764
Man, these dungeon bosses can REALLY thrash.

Had to teleport away once to heal up in the short time it would take him to find me.
>>
>>15331796
What are those two things, laying on the floor? Looks like monitors or something.
>>
Haven't played in a few years. Is this game still being developed and stuff? How about the translation for it?
>>
>>15331704
Pretty cool. Looks like its developing nicely.

>>15334003
Yes development is still ongoing. As for the translation that's going on too and there has been major developments on that front too. Specifically, the reintroduction of cutscenes that were missing from the english, more stuff translated, and stuff corrected.

If you were to come back and play, I'd suggest snagging Elona+ and after getting that, applying Elona Custom to it if you're interested in playing it translated.
>>
>>15334112
I never heard of Elona Custom before. What is it?
>>
Also what's the reason why I should download Elona before Elona+? I remember Elona+ being standalone before.
>>
>>15334129
This should get help you out.

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:AnnaBannana/Elona_Custom

>>15334192
That's correct. Elona+ is a standalone. You can skip regular Elona if you want to. Elona+ has a lot more content than regular Elona and the game mechanics are a bit different. I suppose some people prefer the mechanics of regular Elona over Elona+ or they have this misunderstanding that by somehow playing regular Elona it will help them prepare for Elona+. Anyhow, I'm part of the group that prefers Elona+ though.
>>
File: The homeless.png (1 MB, 1090x710) Image search: [Google]
The homeless.png
1 MB, 1090x710
>>15334112
>>15331704

Just farming hero cheese any way and other stat boosting food items
>>
>>15334229
Pastebin said to download Elona first before downloading Elona+ so I was confused since I thought Elona+ needed the original Elona to run.
>>
>>15334454
Yeah someone needs to update the pastebin. A lot of the information in there is worthwhile but that one part you mention is especially confusing.
>>
Anyone have a full compilation of the Etrian Odyssey sprites? I swear there has to be more than Protector, Ronin, Princess, and Hoplite (I think there were more but I don't remember).
>>
File: not ranma.jpg (70 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
not ranma.jpg
70 KB, 700x900
>>15338592
Uh wow never mind. I found the sprite I was looking for on the Elona upload two pages in.
>>
File: youmad.png (773 KB, 798x596) Image search: [Google]
youmad.png
773 KB, 798x596
Good to go?

Also gona savescum small medals to boost speed so high initial speed is not a problem.
>>
>>15339325
Enjoy!
>>
>>15339325
>Catgod
>No cat ears
Son...
>>
>>15339436
No tail too.

Where's your god now?
>>
>>15339534
>catgod
>not a cat
>not a god
Truly the Holy Roman Empire of Elona characters
>>
E+C1.58.2 is out

http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:22264#6

What's the approrpiate format for custom? Elona+C1.58.2, Elona+Custom1.58.2, either of the first two with spaces between the versions and name or just the first one I used?
>>
>>15339325
A bit confused. The catgod race has good initial speed right? But in exchange for that your INI score is higher than most others making AP farming harder. Getting small medals may lead to more Hermes blood leading to more speed but I'm not sure how that fixes the higher INI score you're stuck with. So what problem is getting fixed?
>>
>>15339975
Shh, he's supposed to realize that after putting hundreds of hours into his character.
>>
So I hear of people comparing this game to Morrowind. What do you guys think?
>>
>>15340419
Never heard this comparison before. Only thing I can think of that is similar is how you can go off and do your own thing completely ignoring the main quest and sinking tons of hours into whatever you're pursing. Maybe that's the similar feel they get?
>>
>>15340522
Honestly I would compare this game to Daggerfall before Morrowind.
>>
File: Fate_SN_1347038134978.jpg (174 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
Fate_SN_1347038134978.jpg
174 KB, 750x600
I was told I could become a wizard that makes monster girl waifus in this game

Is that true?
>>
File: 14635540949300.png (2 MB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
14635540949300.png
2 MB, 1280x1024
>>15341140
You could become a faggot that plant herbs at all your 100 farms and repeating same quests million times in this game.
>>
>>15341140
It's true.
>>
>>15341140
Capture/dominate a (female) monster of your choice and use Gene Engineering to mix it with enough human slaves until it has a full set of gear slots. Then add in a custom portrait/sprite and presto, monster girl (boy).
>>
>>15341168
Just got into the farming side of this game. This is pretty cool. Haven't seen any of these herb plants though. Lots of vegetables and fruits instead. Wonder what herbs can do. Guess I'll find out later.
>>
>>15341140
You can both be a wizard and have
A lamia wife
A centaur wife
A slimegirl wife
A lizardgirl wife
A zombiegirl wife
A werewolf wife
A scorpiongirl wife
A spidergirl wife
An anubis wife
A wolfgirl wife
A catgirl wife
A doggirl wife
A golem wife
An android wife
You know what, the list keeps on going

But yeah, you can be a wizard with a monstergirl harem and sleepshare with them every night
>>
>>15341567
oh, and harpies and succubus and EVEN HUMANS
>>
>>15341567
Well, I'm a shit gunner that's been doing boring ass hunting missions over and over because I'm too bad at everything else. At least I managed to cast a spell without dying once.

What do

>>15341570
>and EVEN HUMANS
The real monster
>>
>>15341168
>repeating same quests million times in this game.
Same could be said about every video game ever. Once you've played enough games, almost all quests start to sound like they follow a generic formula with the same objectives at their very core. You either like repetition or you don't. Although if you don't like repetition I can't see how someone ever gets good at anything. Not exactly talking about video games in this case but whatever.
>>
>>15341576
Have you tried doing low level dungeons? If you can handle hunting quests then maybe you can start doing dungeons.
>>
>>15341719
Well I tried one but on the sixth or so floor I'm kind of outmatched also is there a point? Are there actual rewards for clearing out random mines?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (149 KB, 477x606) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
149 KB, 477x606
I like the cute touches this game has sometimes
>>
>>15341730
Gold and small medals.
The gold part is laughable at low level, but soon enough it'll be your main income.
Medals though are the only source, aside from the odd chest ( which you also get in dungeons anyway ).
>>
>>15341730

the bosses always drop whatever shitty gear they were wearing but the small chests the bosses drop have high chances to have miracle q and better equipment or potions of cure corruption.
>>
Can this game be played for score? I tried to look up the formula for it but can't find it anywhere. I heard it rewards high turncounts instead of low turncounts like other roguelikes
>>
>>15344956
Yes, although your score is kept hidden until you beat certain portions of the game. Such as killing Zeome and clearing act 1. I think certain difficulties, advancing, inferno, etc also add multipliers to your score or something to that effect.
>>
I wonder, should I try to roll a golem again? I want to like their tankiness I really do, but they are so goddamn slow and are terrible with mounts.
>>
>>15346092
Golems are generally agreed upon to be top tier, and speed is no biggie for real dawg. If class rerolls were possible, many would choose golem.
>>
>>15345156
Cool. Any advice for getting started on it? I have no idea what even modifies score other than difficulty, and the wiki and googling were no help.
>>
I want to be an overpowered (and hyperachieving/multitalented) piece of shit, accompanied by many overpowered pieces of shit.

How do I accomplish this, guys? Bear in mind I'm a just-starting simple Gunner who doesn't understand the game very well.
>>
>>15346275
You grind five to ten hundreds of hours, or hack the stats in.
>>
>>15346283
But grind what? What am I supposed to be doing to raise my powerlevel
>>
>>15346275
Grind your ass off, keep potentials up, start an herb farm once you have the money to sustain it.

Its really hard to fuck up your character, its even harder to not become a multitalented godkiller. Every stat can grow, your class bonus can be changed, even so you can become the strongest martial artist Wizard if you really cared. Or a gunner with ridiculous fireballs.

The only permanent things you can't change are race bonuses, and Golem's dim immunity is a pretty popular one for powergaming.
>>
File: 44871344_p1.jpg (241 KB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
44871344_p1.jpg
241 KB, 840x525
>>15346275
Get Gardening and Cooking, get a pet Cooking, farm herbs for a few thousand hours.
>>
>>15346300
>>15346295
How do I teach pets skills

My little masochistic girl just picked up teleporting and does it all the time, but that's all I know
>>
>>15346308
No, she's wearing cursed equipment which is forcing her to teleport everywhere.
>>
File: 24 hour.png (8 KB, 657x18) Image search: [Google]
24 hour.png
8 KB, 657x18
>>15346308
Gene Engineering can give your pets skills like cooking and mining.
>>
>>15346275

Raise charisma like a dirty whore, get a full team of pets. Also keep stats high and go for those God gears. You seriously need them to get ahead.
>>
So.
I got me an idea.
Reading up on the riding skill page in the wiki while planning my next run, i got to an interesting tidbit.
Complicated body seems to be completely ignored in the formula to determine riding and ridden speed.
Gavela give limb addition service to pets too.
The little sister is level 1.

Gentlemen.
27 limbs mutant PC full of weapons/claws, 27 limbs little girl mount full of shoes/seven leagues boots.
>>
>make beer for the first time
>try to give some to a girl

>"I don't want it it's too creepy"

Wow, cuts deep.
>>
>>15346420
Better to keep your little girl without a speed penalty from the extra limbs. Sounds solid otherwise, let us know how it goes, and you'll need a way to get to South Tyris fast first.
>>
File: You see you're waifu.png (275 KB, 806x628) Image search: [Google]
You see you're waifu.png
275 KB, 806x628
>>
Can I have multiple waifus?
>>
>>15346577
That's the thing, the mount also have it's own complicated body-free formula for speed, apparently.
What seem to determine its speed is base speed, your riding skill and its strenght.
Complicated body apparently is not applied at all, like like for you.
>>
Is there a reason why my pet doesn't cook breakfast, anymore? I'm sleeping at the adequate times, and he doesn't have a blanket.
>>
>>15346635
Up to 15. And you can marry them all!

>>15346662
That's weird but very interesting. Speed rings would be more effective (and flexible) than boots if you're looking to increase speed, though.

>>15346696
>In Elona+, if you wake up from sleep in the morning (between dawn and noon) and you have any pets in your party with the cooking skill and Fellow relationship, it will cook you breakfast.

Has your pet been getting brutally murdered too often, and therefore lowering its relationship level with you?
>>
>>15346696
Nevermind, I just realized that the last few times I slept were with the Need Sleep status, so I slept more than usual. I'm retarded.
>>
File: 10,000 hours in MS Paint.png (880 KB, 876x720) Image search: [Google]
10,000 hours in MS Paint.png
880 KB, 876x720
>>15346230
Not much else I can say on the subject. I guess the best way to get an awesome score is just to stay alive and play for a very long time? Not sure what else aside from difficulty modifies score. More info about difficulties can be found here. http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Balance

>>15341576
>>15346275
Hello fellow gunner. Instead of worrying about how to become overpowered you should worry about just keeping yourself alive to start with. A lot of the stuff that people use in the game to accelerate their character's rise to power isn't available to you to start with. So instead, I would suggest solving the problems that are probably plaguing you right now which are gold and keeping potentials up.

Gold should be obvious in why you need it and having so little of it is a problem but the reason why you want to keep potential up is because the higher it is the easier it is to raise your skills and attributes.

For gold, you should be getting a decent amount through your hunting but you might want to expand into other avenues of wealth generation. Have you gotten a wish yet? If not, have your pet drink form wells or do it yourself if you're especially daring. You'll get one eventually. Use your first wish on a pair of seven league boots. Once you get a pair, look into doing job board quests like the one called before it's too late, escort quest, and possibly cargo runs. Use the wiki to get you up to speed on how to make money from selling cargo.

By doing job board quests you should be getting gold but another perk of doing them you get platinum coins as well. Use the platinum coins to learn skills your character doesn't have. To do this, visit the trainer NPC in town. Once you get the mining skill, start knocking down the walls in your home/cave to raise constitution. Once you have weight lifting do harvest quests in Yowyn. All those vegetables you're forced to lug around will train your weight lifting and in turn may help you raise strength.

So you have all this gold now, new skills, and may have raised some attributes along the way. Unfortunately, your skill and attribute potentials have all taken a beating. Your attribute potentials show up as hopeless and your skill potentials are 100 or less. You can use your platinum coins you've earned so far to increase skill potential from the trainer but for your attribute potentials you will want potions of potential. Magic vendors carry them and they will show up more often if you invest gold into them. Try to get their shop level to 150 when you invest in them. Also, don't just invest in one magic vendor. Invest in all the magic vendors you've come across. There should be at least one in every town.

By now you should be able to do low level dungeons if you haven't been doing them already. Dungeons give gold and platinum as well. Most importantly they give medals but that's a discussion for another time. You now have several options at generating wealth and should eventually have enough to buy yourself a new home. Try to aim for a castle or if you're incredibly good with saving your gold and or making it, get a palace. Fill it with magic vendors to further help you in keeping your attribute potentials up

Do you have a pet? Have you been taking good care of it? If you take good care of your pet your pet will take good care of you by cooking you breakfast which will help in restoring attribute potential. Try to get your pets relationship to fellow or higher and sleeping at 9PM to wake up early for said breakfast.

By now you also should have some ether corruption. You've been doing dungeons right? Those material spots you've harvested should of yielded you some casino chips. Use said chips at any random blackjack table in Palmia or Derphy. Win five times in a row and you'll get a potion of cure corruption.

Anyhow, that should get you started in the right direction for the game. Once you or anyone else taking note of this has actually landed themselves a castle or palace, a decent amount of gold to their name, and a character sheet full of superb potential and 400% skill potentials, you'll be in a better place to take advantage of any further advice or talks on the matter of growing your character's power. Since you're also further in the game, you'll also be able to actually understand the stuff referenced.

Looking forward to your or anyone else's character sheet post that manages to even get as far as the point mentioned above.

TLDR: Read the pastebin. The stuff mentioned is in there r-right?
>>
Animal bones on ranch are just garbage, or do they show that some of the creatures died?
>>
>>15347322
>get a palace. Fill it with magic vendors
After I get 2 magic vendors I can't get more, they don't appear in the recruitment list. I spent 3 years in game, cheking almost every day if magic vendor will appear, but no. Wtf? Just terrible luck, or is limited with 2 only?
>>
>>15347368
You can get a lot more. I have 8. You probably ran into the same bug I did. The bug has it where magic vendors on the house board no longer show up for hire because some of the magic vendors share the same name. To fix this bug, go to the magic vendors you currently have at your home and rename them. Now wait a day or two. It really shouldn't take long. Go back to the board and check and for new magic vendors to hire and they should be listed.
>>
>>15347399
Oh. Thank you, I'll try.
>>
File: 1458617479817-1.jpg (191 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1458617479817-1.jpg
191 KB, 640x640
Anybody got some good character.bmp file?
I'm too lazy to edit it by myself.
>>
>>15347733
This is mine, a mishmash of other sheets that got posted here https://u.pomf.is/jmngqb.bmp
>>
>>15347742
Nice set, thanks a lot mate.
>>
>>15347322
Yes, it's all in there, except the bit with the magic vendors. I'll add that in right now. Thanks, Kai!
>>
>>15347352
It's just garbage, don't worry.
>>
File: help.png (721 KB, 1280x793) Image search: [Google]
help.png
721 KB, 1280x793
Do herbs rots? Also, first post here after lurking for almost one year. Hi, /jp/!
>>
>>15348666
Heya anon, glad to have you!
And no they do not rot.
>>
What is the best choice for riding pet, which you would upgrade to the end of the game? Of course you can choose anyone, even the first Yowyn's horse and grind her to 2k speed, but it is not rational.
>>
>>15348666
Congratulations!
>>
>>15348863
Any level 1 pet with the chorse bitflag is a good choice.
http://elona.wikia.com/wiki/Riding#NPCs_with_the_mount_bonus_or_penalty

If your goal is to max out that pet, then initial speed doesn't matter - the only thing that matters is the starting bitflags and INI number. A level 1 NPC like a little girl or putit or older sister all have chorse bitflags (not sure about their evolutions, someone should test that!) and also have low INI numbers. Chorse isn't absolutely necessary, but it makes riding more effective when starting.
>>
I want a 750 deck. Even without cheating or savescumming you can get so much things from it.
>>
>Upcoming patch notes for 1.59

> Changed the cMetal bit flag so that it only reduces regular physical attacks now. They usually get killed before they kill the player, so this should be reasonable.
>To be honest, I've always wondered if having the equivalent of 4 times the health and having armor that resists magic was too much, so cArmor bit flag has also been changed to reduce only regular physical attacks.

REST IN FUCKING PIECES
>>
>>15349273
lame
>>
>>15349273
This is old news anon.
>>
Looking for a semen of a rich person with a 750 deck too.
>>
File: master detective.png (131 KB, 527x146) Image search: [Google]
master detective.png
131 KB, 527x146
>>
>>15350412
Kek'd.
>>
[Changes and additions]
* Added 3 floors of content to Act III main quest.
* The conversation windows in cutscenes will no longer display impress, attract, and anniversary.

[Fixes]
* Fixed special abilities granted by non-AP feats getting displayed in the list when you change equipment after hiding them.

[In development]
* 300x500 full-body portraits (black is transparent) can now be selected for pets in their respective conversation windows. This is so that you can have them ready by the time the update is released.
** Details on how to use these is in help.txt in the user folder. Another portrait can be designated for Form Shift.
** Characters that have a full-body portrait set will no longer display their regular portrait in their conversation window.
** If the full-body portrait is too wide or if the game window is too narrow, the picture will stick out of the conversation window so you'll need to make sure it's of the right size.
** You can have different versions of the full-body portrait - one for normal state, one when weakened (HP less than 50% of max), one when having fun (musical note icon is displayed), and one when happy (heart icon is displayed).
** It takes a lot of effort to make different versions of a portrait, so it's possible that I won't create any more conditions.
** This is to strengthen the feeling of having a loyal partner throughout your adventures.
** I'd like to create something else in the future that also uses these portraits.
>>
>>15350771

Waifus.
>>
>>15347322
The only info I've been able to find on difficulty is that dying multiplies your current score by 0.1 and No Future gives a 20 times modifier to your final score. So deathless No Future runs seem like the way to go.

I've got up to Zeome on my current inferno run and I really like the game, so I'm hoping to try some score runs next, but I can't find any info on how time relates to score. If score is decreased with higher turncounts (like other roguelikes generally), then speed runs and careful resource management are rewarded and that sounds like a fun challenge. If it increases or is is unrelated to turncount, then the best way to get score is to just grind like a naive run and it doesn't seem worth attempting.

Absolutely no one has been able to give me a good idea of how score works, though.
>>
How many companions can you have at a time? Is there a cap?
Is it possible to go through everything with just your pets killing everything?
If I want to be tanky what should I train and focus on?
>>
>>15351260
yes you can
>>
>>15351260
15 max. That comes with its own set of challenges though. But it's possible for your pets to be mass murder engines yes, after a very substantial amount of effort put in (Though technically it's easier to boost your pets than to boost yourself).
>>
>>15351260

There is a hard cap but I forget it. The soft cap is 2 and increases by 1 every five charisma above ten

Yes it is very possible but some bosses will fuck you up

Maximize potential in weight lifting, Wear heavy/medium armor and take hits to the face.
>>
>>15351290
>Yes it is very possible but some bosses will fuck you up

That largely depends on what pets he gets to be honest. There are plenty of pets that are more than sufficient to destroy the story bosses. It doesn't help them that unlike the Void, bosses generally don't scale.
>>
>>15351260
Listen up to be a cool armored bitch owner you have to train evasion, great evasion, healing, shield, medium/hard armor and healing spells.
>>
>>15351260
It's possible to let your pets kill everything, but beware.
Loyalty is not set in stone.
>>
Alright this game is seriously making my hoarder instincts kill me literally via squashing backpack, and the selling junk trips will make me quit the game before long.

What is the real valuable stuff to keep starting out and what isn't? And how do I tell when everything's unidentified?
>>
>>15347322
Thanks for the info, anon.
>>
Is there a way to make the game window bigger?
>>
>>15352335
Esc > Game Setting > Screen & Sound > Screen Resolution. Change it to one of the pre-sets, then restart the game.

>>15352311
For me, I just pick up jewellery or other equipment that weigh less than 0.5s. If you have sense quality, level it up to the point to where you can see the quality of most equipment without having to identify it (i.e a (good) or (great) modifier in front of the item a.k.a garbage) and pick up only equipment with <miracle> or {godly} quality. Sell rare equipment at your blacksmith shop for easy money.
>>
>>15352362
Thanks, I really need this. What about spellbooks, scrolls and potions?
>>
>>15352311
Keep like one or two copies of common request items for some easy platinum and gold. Also keep a copy (in your house) of every tool type item - stethescope, pot of fusion, carpenter tools, command flag, taktstock, whistle, etc..

Give gem items you don't want to your pet(s) so they can sell them for money and train potential. Keep Rubinous, Emerald, Sapphire, and Diamond in your home somewhere for when you can use pot of fusion to refine them - then get your pets to sell them for way more money.

Check the item fusion crafting list and keep ingredients for anything you might want to craft in the future.

Get the Sense Quality skill from a trainer if you don't already have it - as you level it up it will allow you to tell whether an unID'd equipment is bad, good, excellent, miracle, or godly just by looking at the item. At that point keep only Excellent or better.

Only identify items you need to upgrade (i.e. if your weapon is miracle then don't bother identifying Excellent quality weapons), and keep any item identified with useful bonuses (bonus levels to crafting skills, elemental resists, etc).

>>15352335

There is an option in settings to change resolution. Alternatively you can find the text file where your settings are saved, and find the line where resolution is, and input your desired resolution (There's an upper limit but I don't recall what it is).
>>
>>15352375
Buy (or steal) a bookshelf and place it in your home. You can use that to store books and scrolls.

Read any spellbooks you find, if you can't then just drop them in your house somewhere. Don't feel compelled to keep too many copies of the more common ones but try to keep at least one copy of everything you find.

Do keep an eye out for Spellbook of mutation as I believe there's a quest later that needs it.

Potions you can mostly just quaff for Alchemy skill training. Keep a few potions of silence handy to silence enemy spellcasters, potions of slow for RP purposes (bless them then quaff to slow down your aging).

Keep potions of speed, cure corruption, cure mutation, and cure spirit and body. Drink a BLESSED potion of cure spirit and body occasionally - they buff your stats (for a very long time - something like 1 year in game time, or until you die).
>>
>>15352375
Most scrolls aren't worth hoarding. Keep some teleport scrolls on yourself for emergencies, scroll of escape or return for ease of travel, and maybe magic map and oracle for dungeon runs. (Sell oracle scrolls for now if you're still new). Scrolls of inferior/change/superior material are useful for when you want to reroll the material on an item. Scrolls of uncurse/vanishing curse are useful for obvious reasons, but you should keep a couple scrolls of curse handy as well as sometimes cursed items are needed or better for what you're trying to do (i.e. offensive potions, alcohols).
The only really good stuff is like scrolls of feather which is really rare to find outside of invested vendors.
>>
>>15352362

I was hoping to make the window bigger while maintaining the resolution. The teeny sprites strain my eyes
>>
>>15352375
Always pick up spellbooks, regardless of what it is. High spell stocks are always good. Some of them are ancint books that you can turn in for the mages' guild quota.

Identify all the scrolls (mossy, bloody, blurred, etc.) so that you know what they are before you pick them up; don't want to accidentally miss a scroll of gain attribute. Keep identify and (greater) enchant weapon/armor, that's less money spent on expensive NPC services early on. Keep inferior scrolls, use them to turn engagement rings into raw and eat them for charisma training early on (won't need to do this mid-end game). Keep and bless uncurse scrolls, as they have the additional effect of uncursing your entire inventory. Keep or pass on scrolls of vanish curse, there won't be many instances where your equipment will be doomed. Pass on useless scrolls such as detect items and magical map, these come in spell or rod form and take up inventory space.

Keep health potions on the side. You'll need these for emergencies when you're silenced and/or dimmed and cannot use spells. I tend to miss with silence potions due to my piss poor throwing skill, so I recommend a rod of silence if this is your case as well.

In short, just follow what >>15352392 and >>15352405 said.
>>
The only thing I'd add is that if you're at a point in the game where dying is still an issue and you're hoarding because you feel like you can't afford to drop stuff off for whatever reason, consider making safehouses. Storage houses are nice home away from homes under certain circumstances.
>>
>The thread for this is on /jp/
aw shit I never knew this game was loved, is any of the Elona+ Custom worth it or should I just use Elona+? About to start playing again.
>>
>>15352939
Try playing Elona+ Custom if you can. More end-game content, English translated dialogue, artifacts, etc. There's also custom pet AI if you so please. Also, the chief modder, AnnaBanana, posts here occasionally. She's usually receptive of any suggestions or issues you may have.

Good luck on your new character!
>>
>>15352992
Sometimes I wonder if anyone ever notices the second part of her name isn't actually Banana.
>>
Anyone here play no-future mode? Would you recommend it?
I'm not a beginner and I really like some things such as the low carry limit and also the equipement dropping on death and so on. What seems annoying though is that you receive a -100 karma penalty if you save and quit the game while you are not at your home, (Did I understand that correctly?) and that you get karma penalties for killing cats and dogs. Is that stuff as annoying as I think it is? I want to keep this character for as long as possible.

Also, what are your thoughts on Overdose mode? I used to play on it because it felt like I skipped the grind that I hated but now I think that it made be become too powerful too fast. I feel like it takes away from the roleplay and fun strategics when you become too good, it just gets boring more quickly.
>>
>>15354020

No Future is really too annoying for most people here to play it. Honestly the only real difficulty worth the challenge is Inferno mode and even that has you wondering if it's any fun.
>>
>>15354027
Inferno mode is the same as no future but with permadeath. It's even harder so why would you think inferno is fun if you don't even like no future?
>>
>>15354020
Inferno and No Future give people a more of that "hardcore roguelike" feel, so for people that expect to be punished and enjoy being tormented on top of what RNG can do to you already, it's good for that. If you feel like normal holds no challenge it's not bad to try, but "difficulty" in inferno/no future can also be really just seen as unavoidable deaths in some circumstances. Some builds definitely aren't as viable in those modes compared to normal. When the game was more buggy and crashes were more common, basically you'd hit unavoidable slaps in the face. The stat loss that came with the penalty was mostly what people found irritating about bug crashes.

The equipment destruction thing is mostly an issue in early/mid game. I don't remember if the enemy damage equipment destruction pierced through things like acid proof, though I do remember that degradation was a pretty prominent thing at one time, and you'd naturally see your +10 drop to a -10. Pretty sure the karma hit wasn't as high as -100 though, but it didn't matter too much when most NPCs could kill you off early on.

Overdose lures people into a false sense of complacency. It's fine for roleplay builds, but generally it kind of gives a false impression about the nature of the game. Removing the grind is one thing, but when the endgame is essentially a never ending grind, overdose just makes that revelation a bigger slap in the face for some people. Generally if people are going to play overdose I'd just suggest elosnacking and doing a more controlled "grindless" run. snack in some potential pots every 5 - 10 levels or something, I dunno.
>>
>>15354107
I'm looking to get into no future for role playing reasons, I like it when the stuff is so hard/realistic you are really afraid of dying and you really need to prepare before entering a dungen and so on. does that sound viable to you?
>>
>>15354020
You can quit and save anywhere, only quitting without saving will net you -100 karma. It will also permanently remove life.

I liked playing No Future but the karma punishments for killing cats and dogs was honestly too much for me.
It's annoying as shit because they're all over dungeons and pets attack them on sight.
Made the game more annoying than it was worth. Every other part of the mode I can deal with, but you will be locked to Derphy with a -100 karma pretty much always. You pretty much can't dungeon dive at all, so I gave up playing No Future.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 50

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.