[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
エロゲスレ/Untranslated VN General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /jp/ - Otaku Culture

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64
File: ta.png (2 MB, 1286x748) Image search: [Google]
ta.png
2 MB, 1286x748
Previous thread: >>15142410

This thread is for the discussion of untranslated Japanese visual novels.

What are you playing? What are you looking forward to? What have you finished? You know the drill.
>>
File: Happy Meido.jpg (139 KB, 1022x570) Image search: [Google]
Happy Meido.jpg
139 KB, 1022x570
Maids are cute. Maids are JUSTICE!
>>
>>15158643
But that's a janitor.
>>
File: when the cicadas cry.jpg (187 KB, 1282x747) Image search: [Google]
when the cicadas cry.jpg
187 KB, 1282x747
Reading island, really enjoyable so far.
>>
File: えっ.jpg (62 KB, 440x357) Image search: [Google]
えっ.jpg
62 KB, 440x357
>>15158681
>>
File: 1447367765642.jpg (130 KB, 705x485) Image search: [Google]
1447367765642.jpg
130 KB, 705x485
Any decent mystery/murder/detective-drama VN, /jp/?
I've exhausted my backlog already.
>>
>>15158845
Try this one - https://vndb.org/v637
>>
File: i.jpg (248 KB, 1259x719) Image search: [Google]
i.jpg
248 KB, 1259x719
Why is flat so shit?
>>
>>15158874
You mean Karen and Sara or flatness in general?
>>
>>15158874

That is some crazy hair.
>>
>>15158877
Both.
>>
>>15158889
Then you should know flatness and Karen are both great.
>>
>>15158845
https://vndb.org/v2537

https://vndb.org/v616

Could be really hard to find tho
>>
>>15158874
You're just gay.
>>
>>15158874
Flat girls with wide hips are pretty much the best.
>>
>>15159060

Pretty sure that's its target audience.
>all ages
>>
>>15159074
Yeah because two or three poorly written cookie cutter H-scenes add so much to the experience. Nukige is much better if you want to fap.
>>
>>15158247
I don't get it. If you don't want to talk about it, why even post about it? If you want to tease us you're late because trial screenshots can be found all over the place already. Looking forward to someone writing actually useful impressions.
>>
>>15159089

Random fanservice CG also add nothing, still there.
>>
>>15159098
Maybe check the thread properly. I did write about the scene later, I did write my impressions later and the trial is out on August's website already anyway.
>>
>>15158485
More fluffiness soon.

Though, I'm still in the dark why and how Mashiro is one of the "main" heroines, if the Tayutama 2 follows the Mashiro route ending from the first game? I don't want to play some NTR route.

That or the POV suddenly switches to Yuuri coming home after a long while and catches up with his foxy waifu.
>>
>>15159211
It's apparently going to have 2 protagonists
>>
>>15159098
>>15159107
But let's mention some things I found noteworthy.

- Effects are really impressive.
- Story actually makes you care about the Empire being conquered and its citizens treated badly. Yeah, it's done through depictions of cliched scenes of injustice, but it works.
- Akari and Hotori get the most spotlight in the trial, then Kotone and Elsa, Kanami is mainly talked about, but has some scenes too.
- I'm really interested in Elsa's route, considering the battle between her people and Soujin, where they confronted each other openly. I hope August spins a satisfying story for those two to fall in love.
- But then again, Soujin ends up pledging his everything to Akari, so I think it'll feel sour to abandon her for other heroines in their routes.
- Some things don't immediately click. It just doesn't seem plausible that Hotori would have time to be an idol.
- Or how Kotone repeatedly helps Soujin and Hotori's side, but it doesn't seem like anyone notices or reports ít.
- I wouldn't be surprised if the evil guy turned out to be in some complicated gambit to defeat the republic in the end.
>>
>>15158864
>>15158994
>Could be really hard to find tho

No kidding. I'll look into it anyway tho.
>>
File: elsa.jpg (45 KB, 250x300) Image search: [Google]
elsa.jpg
45 KB, 250x300
Goddamn it you shouldn't do this just because Kana destroyed that poll
>>
>>15159247
Thank you.
>>
so, which april release is worth playing?
>>
>>15159269
Did the author make her a cunt out of butthurt or something?
>>
>>15159288
Are you implying bad things about Kana? I suggest stopping.
>>
>>15159294
I'm wondering if the author was just butthurt people preferred the miracle that was Kanasuke over his main heroines.
>>
>>15159301
Elsa's pretty reasonable. She knows that the republic's quest for spreading democracy is in reality just an excuse to keep the war going, but wants to use the chance and really establish democracy in the empire.
>>
>>15159314
The republic is basically USA then?
>>
>>15159324
It now covers most of the world, but if you had to liken it to a real country, then I guess USA fits best. The empire is of course Japan rather clearly.
>>
>>15159269
That's what she gets for being a libshit

>>15159324
If it's true that they don't allow them to use weapons anymore then yes it's pretty obvious
>>
>>15159333
A what?
>>
I'm finding it hard to be engaged or interested by the Republic vs Empire shtick in Sen no Hatou, simply because so much of it is just a lesser imitation of Legend of Galactic Heroes. The only real difference here is moege stuff tacked on top of it.
>>
>>15159424
I felt like there were stronger resemblances to Muramasa, honestly.
>>
>>15159456
I haven't read that yet.
>>
>>15159424
Republic vs. Empire is nothing new in fiction and LoGH did not invent it.
>>
>>15159465
I didn't say LOGH invented it, I just said Sen no Hatou is a lesser imitation. I'm sure you could find RvE stories dating back to Julius Ceaser's day.
>>
>>15159470
You are stupid, seriously
>>
>>15159485
For the sake of good faith, I will tediously explain what I meant to avoid misconception. First of all, I think you probably interpreted "lesser imitation" to meant that I'm accusing Sen no Hatou of copying LOGH / intentionally imitating it. That is not what I meant. Rather, I meant that LOGH is a very very well written and expansive novel that covers the conflict between a republic and an empire extremely well. Therefore, when I read something like Sen no Hatou which has a similar conflict, I see many ideas that were also expressed in LOGH. In this case, as in many other cases, LOGH expressed them better, and thus Sen no Hatou becomes a "lesser imitation" in my eyes, for they tread the same ground but Sen no Hatou does it worse. I am not saying Sen no Hatou is a clone, or that LOGH invented the ideas, just that they both cover the same ideas, and LOGH did it much better.
>>
>>15159485
Nice argument
>>
>>15159288
Nah I just had a feeling they're banking on Kana's reception with this design, or maybe it's just >bekkankou
>>
>>15159544
Sure, character design mush have played a role, but Kana's positive reception was because of her character. Elsa's pretty different.
>>
>>15159494
LOGH is a 5000 pages story released in like 12 years interval
Sen no Hatou is a trial only so far
Comparing them at any point right now is completely retarded
I reiterate, you are stupid
>>
>>15159644
>Comparing them at any point right now is completely retarded
That doesn't even make sense. Obviously I'm not going to write up an essays about a trial but there's still extremely apparent similarities and similar ideas, comparing them is perfectly fine.
>>
>>15159644
Well your mom is gay, nerd.
>>
>>15159662
No it's not. It's only a fucking trial dude.
>>
>>15159662
They have a similar setting see if you see them both in a large and meaningless macro scale but saying they have similar ideas right now is again, stupid
It's just a fucking trial
>>
>>15159671
>>15159675
There is no meaning to just repeating "it's a trial"... it's a substantial chunk of text that expresses ideas. That's basis enough to compare it to other texts with similar ideas. I'll say it again - there's no meaning to repeating "it's just a trial". No meaning at all.
>>
>>15159662
Which ideas? Did the trial even exhibit any of them yet?
>>
>>15159698
No, the trial did not exhibit any ideas. From start to finish it is a series of moe jokes with no depth.
>>
>>15159687
A story needs space to get ideas across, what you are seeing in a trial is just the setting, not the ideas
It's very strange that you can't understand something that simple
>>
>>15159710
As >>15159714 said, the trial just exhibits the setting. Ideas can be exhibited and can be interpreted only once the story develops.
>>
>>15159714
There are definitely ideas in the setting. They haven't been fully explored, because it's a trial, yes, but I don't see how that matters. I am commenting on the trial, I am not commenting on the full game or what they can potentially become.
>>15159720
> Ideas can be exhibited and can be interpreted only once the story develops.
That is completely untrue and is pretty much nonsense. And anyway, I really doubt SnH is going to be so profound that the depth of its ideas can only begin to be perceived after the sprawling epics of the routes.
>>
>>15159726
>There are definitely ideas in the setting
And what are those, and how do they relate to LoGH? Genuinely interested as I like LoGH.
>>
>>15159752
I'll hold off on writing any serious write up since it is in fact just the trial, but the broad ideas are just what you'd expect in a Republic vs Empire: The reasons for the republic waging war, the operations of a rebellion in an a conquered area, etc etc. I don't know why those guys got so upset about it, the similarities are pretty clear.
>>
>>15159791
How is the empire portrayed so far?
>>
>>15159800
Eh? Read the trial if you want to know that.
>>
>>15159820
Thanks.
>>
>>15159820
>Eh?
People don't say "eh?" as an interjection in English, weeblord.
>>
>>15159842
I am become Japanese
>>15159839
Sorry, but that's a pretty nuanced question, and like I said I don't want to get into a serious write up till the full game is out.
>>
>>15159842
Canadians do.
>>
>>15159885
No they don't, they use it to seek agreement. "Not bad, eh?" "Pretty nice weather we're having, eh?" Like that.
>>
>>15159859
If you need to get into a serious write up to explain it I guess that in itself answers my question.
>>
>>15159859
There's no meaning to saying it's just a trial. Why not do your super serious write up now, since you've already made your judgement on it?
>>
>>15159931
I've made my judgement on the trial, and do not consider the trial worth a serious write up. I consider it worth some comments on 4chan, which I have made.
>>
>>15159991
But the comments you've made aren't worth anything, which calls your judgement into question. But you'll probably say that's not important either.
>>
>>15160004
I definitely don't consider my passing comments to be worth much, no more so than most passing impressions- it's just some discussion on 4chan.
>>
>>15159991
Yeah, and you think comparing a trial and a long epic novel series is normal
Nobody is telling you not to judge the trial or whatever, just that comparing it to something like LOGH is frankly retarded
>>
>>15160022
I'm not comparing the trial to a long epic novel series, I'm compared the ideas in a trial to those in a long epic novel series. I don't think it's dumb to compare their ideas considering how much similar ground they cover.
>>
>>15160031
And LOGH introduced and developed these ideas during the entire story

Yes this is dumb
>>
Finished the Senmomo trial. Pretty much a superior version of LOGH, since they both have an empire and rebels but Senmomo has much cuter girls.
>>
Oh here we go.
>>
>>15160048
Not all ideas require extensive development before they can be judged or looked at. LoGH is FILLED with ideas elaborated in a couple paragraphs that it doesn't come back to. If you've ever read Brothers Karamazov it's similar to that. Similarly, a lot of the ideas presented in Sen no Hatou are briefly covered and just sloppy from the get go, I don't need to read the full story to consider what I've read sloppy. I do need to read the fully story to critically evaluate the whole game's handling of ideas, which is why I just posted that right now I feel that the game handling of RvE (i.e. the ideas about it) is inferior to LOGH's, not an expansive critique. Understand? It's a short impression of a trial. Nothing more nothing less.
>>
The autism is rampant today
>>
>>15160066
Nah I'm done. It seems like he's dead set in his belief and no amount of explaining will change it. I've said my piece.
>>
>>15160064
But is the empire fascist?
>>
>>15160067
>I do need to read the fully story to critically evaluate the whole game's handling of ideas
I don't think you need a full story either but a trial is far too short, seriously

Your should get out of your idea of superior or inferior, Sen no Hato is only similar in a very large macro scale to LOGH and comparing them in any way has to be one of the most meaningless thing I saw in a while
And now you even bring the Brothers Karamazov too
>>
>>15160067
Are you seriously fucking comparing LoGH to The Brothers Karamazov? Really?
>>
Anybody played Noraneko? Do you like this game or not?
>>
>>15160094
Yes I liked Patricia and her route very much. Nice production values too. And I still want to know who's Lucia's VA.
>>
>>15160088
I literally just said that something that happens in LOGH also happens in Karamazov. Don't get your panties in a twist.
>>
File: Unknown 2016-04-19 23-38-31-25.png (953 KB, 1274x713) Image search: [Google]
Unknown 2016-04-19 23-38-31-25.png
953 KB, 1274x713
>>15160094
I liked it
>>
File: screenshot_2016-05-02_21-31-29.png (2 MB, 1296x758) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_2016-05-02_21-31-29.png
2 MB, 1296x758
I reuploaded Chaos;Child to mega if anyone needs it. The baidu link posted in the previous thread is legit, and the game works.
https://mega.nz/#F!2xtFGAwZ!yBb7_I-_OnNDtWU41Qcldg

By the way, have you been able to use a text hooker on this VN? The ones I have don't work with it.
>>
>>15161028
>text hooker
>>
>>15161028
Why would you even bother hooking a plot-heavy game? I can't imagine getting any enjoyment out of that.
>>
>>15161453
Not that guy, but there is a lot of gray area between machine translation and fluency.
Looking up 2-3 words per page is still a pain in the ass when you have to do it manually, and otherwise you could read the game comfortably.
>>
>>15161529
Vns dont have pages
>>
>>15161584
That depends, NVL kinds do.
Just pretend I said every 10-15 lines, then.
>>
>>15161453
>>15161529

I'd agree. It's more about a comfy dictionary than anything else. So it's especially useful for a plot-heavy title, perhaps less needed for a typical moege. I don't think anyone here uses machine translations......... right?
>>
>>15161028
Thanks. Gonna play it next.
>>15161453
Because I require it for TA. And the second is needed to not let my eyes strain by tweaking the font size.
>>
>>15161637
I tried once out of morbid curiosity (also muted the voices). You get the primary details and combined with what's on screen you can follow the story properly, All of the finer points of the text is completely lost and good luck reading any type of accents.

With enough time and editing (via word replacing) I can see some types of people getting by with it on the large majority of titles, They'd have to avoid gameplay and games with complex dialogue though
>>
>>15161699
Anon you don't understand.
What text hooking means for a lot of people is basically duplicating the original Japanese text in the text hooker window, with a mouseover dictionary support and optionally furigana. Nothing has to be edited or replaced, we're not reading an English translation.

It's really just a fast way to look up unknown words.
>>
>>15160094
>>15160125
Shachi is best Noratoto for me, but Patricia was a fine main heroine and had the better route.
>>
>>15161755
That reply was aimed at
>I don't think anyone here uses machine translations
>>
>>15160094
I couldn't get over the fairy tale narration. Ruined the flow.
>>
>>15161882
That was one of the reasons why I continued with the game, actually.
It's already kinda standard to have the protagonist(s) narrate soliloquies in their head so having an actual narrator was refreshing. Plus it fit the whole Netherworld princess in the land of the living theme quite nicely.
>>
>>15161882
That was a selling point for me.
The writing style also felt like a drama play, with most actions performed by the character in parentheses rather than narrated. I thought it was fresh, but I also could see comments of some people not liking it.
>>
>>15161768

Wait, the blonde cutey is the main one? I think this just shot up on my backlog priority.

There are too few VNs with blonde main-heroines. For some reason the central/main heroine (or just the one in the center of the cover) tend to be the most typical and usually boring type. You know, usually shoulder length black/brown hair, nice to everyone, boring. Probably a decent amount of personal prejudice in my view here, but it really feels like that at times.
>>
>>15161937
Playing a game entirely based on the hair colour of a heroine... I am fascinated by your existence.
>>
>>15161968

Nah, it was on the backlog anyway (and it's about a bit more than that, hairstyle, general looks..).
Still, I admit I do add moege and such to my backlog based on heroine looks as well. But I mean.. who doesn't? Especially seeing how heavily type-casted everything is with VNs. You can often look at a heroine and get a decent idea of how she sounds and acts. Though it's always a pleasant surprise if that ends up being wrong.
>>
Just started 月に寄りそう
The prologue is very dramatic and details the life of this poor boy, raised with strict teachers and no personal life, so that he may become a strong and refined adult man.

Only it fails to deliver on the drama part, knowing that he ends up being a cute trap maid.
>>
>>15162246
I tried the demo a long time ago and the prologue was so enticing, I couldn't stop reading. Then when the story switched to present day and the protagonist just started droning on and on forever to his little sister (or whoever she was) about fashion I gave up.
>>
>>15162254
Isn't that because only the prologue was written by Ou Jackson?
>>
>>15162254
I didn't mind it, considering that I picked the title up only because of the cute trap protagonist and the maid plot.

I just found the constrast between the absurdly miserable prologue and the lighthearted trap antics funny.
>>
>>15162246

I'm pretty sure you got something wrong there. Or you just summarized it badly. If I recall it right, he's the son of a concubine, so he and his mother are hated by the actual wife of his father. As such he doesn't really have the same position in the family as his "siblings". He was abused a lot, but not to become a strong and refined adult man. A lot of that was just because the wife frankly hated them. The teachers were just there so he doesn't put more shame on the family. It was just more abusing though, in a way.

Anyway, the prologue has SOME meaning for the overall story, though you'll find out that it sorta "exaggerates" with its style a lot, while letting you a bit in the dark. Like making you think he's in some warzone and shit, which ultimately never really matters.It still kinda haunts every now and then, while the meat of the VN is... frankly a bit boring slice of life and Luna. Also fashion. However the actual main message of the prologue is actually kept, even though the situation drastically improves. Gives an at times weird contrast.
>>
>>15162354
No, I understood the prologue, I just kind of summarized it in one phrase, so of course the nuance of the whole thing was lost.
Yeah, he's bullied by the staff, but it doesn't change that he's being given an education, physical and mental, fit for the noble origins he carries. Obviously so that he can keep the name he carries high even though he's an illegitimate heir.

My point was that it was kind of funny how it can go from such a sad story to a much lighter story of trap love.
>>
File: x.png (26 KB, 853x458) Image search: [Google]
x.png
26 KB, 853x458
>>15161028
>>15161529
>>15161637
>>15161755

You better lose that crutch soon or you'll end up like this pleb.
>>
>>15162872
What do readers get out of text hooking?
Faster look-up of unknown words?

I'm that guy reading Tsuki ni Yorisou, and even though I encounter like 4 new words per page I just input them by hand on my phone for later review.
>>
>>15162911
>Faster look-up of unknown words?
Yes
For younger readers it also enables immediate kanji data so no need to use radical look up.
>>
>>15162928
While convenient, I feel like it would completely halt your improvements in reading skill.

If feel like I'm properly learning something that'll stick when I manually have to read and understand an unknown word, while when using things like rikai-chan the unknown compound is forgotten the moment I get my instant translation.
>>
>>15162938
As a former texthooker slave, it really doesn't, especially if you re-read the sentence w/o using the texthooker at all. Exposure is exposure.
>>
>>15162872
I still use a texthooker but I read Utawarerumono 2 on the PS3, obviously without one.
It was still a massive pain to look up all that royalty and imperial protocol words, and 80% of the game plays in the imperial capital and there are several scenes with the emperor they came up pretty often.
That was an entirely new specialized vocab I never met before, so there were dozens of new words.
>>
>>15162872
I could get used to text hookers.
I like to read in a dark room, using headphones and full screen mode for maximum immersion, and having a floating bubble of duplicated text there at all times would prevent me from enjoying the work.
>>
File: hibiki.jpg (24 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
hibiki.jpg
24 KB, 384x384
>>15162872
>>
>>15163009
>I could get used
I could never get used
>>
>>15163009
Full screen mode looks kinda weird most of the time.
>>
>>15163038
I guess that can be the case for a lot of older games, but what modern release would look weird full screen?
It's known that Japan is decades behind in home computing, but they're not that bad that it will break the game look if you fullscreen on a modern monitor.
>>
>>15163047
Yeah I was mostly thinking about older games.
I remember Island's trial had some small problems with the font and effects for me in full screen.
>>
>>15163047
I've had some recentish games just completely shit themselves if I put them into full screen, with the only way to fix them being deleting the system save, as otherwise they'd try to start in full screen when restarting and summarily shit them selves again.
But that seems like a problem unique to specific setup as searching for fixes has been rather fruitless.
>>
>>15163153
Weren't you using VNR or something? VNR is crazy invasive. I don't think plain ITH would do that.
>>
>>15163159
Wasn't even using a text hooker on them.
They were all games made by Cuff's brands so it's probably just something about the specific KiriKiri they're running on.
>>
>>15163188
Oh, my bad. Someone using VNR posted about it fucking up their games in a similar way.
>>
Done with Yumi's route in Nanairo. I wasn't ready for the Kotori twist Although hints were plenty in hindsight. If I really have to complain about one thing in the game, then it's how it sometimes poorly draws the line between drama and comedy. The whole "serial murder dismembering female corpses to build his perfect gf"-thing lost a bit of it's punch after the setting was used for some comedy. Really minor complaint, though. 8/10 so far, pumped for the other routes.
>>
>>15163204
It's only comedy in the side routes, in the main route it's taken seriously.
>>
File: s.png (107 KB, 932x1028) Image search: [Google]
s.png
107 KB, 932x1028
ISLAND confirmed peak masterpiece.
>>
>>15163688
Why are supposed to give a shit what some idiot on Reddit thinks?
>>
>>15163781
>some idiot on Reddit

That's kastel-sama, you ignorant.
>>
>>15163809
Sorry I don't follow reddit celebrities could you explain why i should give a shit
>>
File: boyfriend.jpg (27 KB, 473x58) Image search: [Google]
boyfriend.jpg
27 KB, 473x58
>>15163809
>That's kastel-sama
That a fact?
>>
>>15163816
he's actually a twitter celebrity, excuse you
>>
>>15163841
hes actually a 4chan celebrity. you guys are just newfags
>>
File: c.png (145 KB, 293x491) Image search: [Google]
c.png
145 KB, 293x491
>>15163827
>>
>>15163892
Taking his line id from his girlfriend, how cute
>>
>>15163899
If you read the ISLAND post, you can see it's him. The writing style is obvious.

On Ask.fm he mentions he has some doubts about his sexuality, so... of course, he's likely just doing it as a joke.
>>
>>15163688
Why do western VN celebrities tend to be so pretentious? What's the deal, Jap erogamers seem so much more down to earth in comparison.
>>
>>15163914
Japanese people are superior to everyone else? Wow, tell us something we don't already know.
>>
>>15163841
>>15163860
>>15163892
So a literal who, in other words.

The only people that actually matter are staff involved in the industry and Japanese fans who actually have an impact on it. I pay zero attention to IRC/Twitter and so should you.
>>
>>15163935
>I pay zero attention to these people because they write in english instead of japanese

I think its beneficial in a different way to pay attention to western VN readers. These people obviously share a much more similar origin and culture and are easier to talk to. Unlike the JP fans who consider all ages absolute garbage and gobble mainly moege, a lot of the more famous western VN "celebrities" have much more similar tastes, at least for me.
>>
>>15163971
Even then, it's better in the long run for you to just find things on your own.

The main problem I have with Reddit and Twitter is that all these people have an incredibly obnoxious/holier-than-thou attitude, spouting memes about "dicks" etc. which makes me unable to take anything they say seriously. >>15163914 also has a good point. All these people talk like eroge is the deepest most profound form of art, while Japanese fans just get to the point and actually say what they mean.
>>
>>15164148
Sorry, there are no VNs like that.
>>
>>15164148
The VAST majority of vns have cowtits so yeah.
Go to hgg on /vg/ for a better place for big tits discussion.
>>
File: CLF_h8zVAAAxjbP.jpg (94 KB, 574x1019) Image search: [Google]
CLF_h8zVAAAxjbP.jpg
94 KB, 574x1019
>>15164148
Sorry, we are all lolicons here.
>>
File: 2016-04-06_05-10-24.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
2016-04-06_05-10-24.png
2 MB, 1280x720
>>15164209
Please do not speak for people like me, as quiet and non-confrontational as we may be compared to the lolicons.
>>
How do I make ITHVNR not miss characters in Senmomo's trial?
>>
>>15164355
Learn Japanese.
>>
>>15163912
just because he's not het doesn't mean he doubts his sexuality
>>
>>15164281
>quiet and non-confrontational
I wonder if there is anyone who actually believes this? I don't think I've seen a group that's both as aggressive AND passive-aggressive as these.
>>
>>15164368
Working on it, but it's not like I can recognize every single kanji. I'm at least not incompetent enough to use sentence translation.
>>
>>15164395
Then first study more, then read Senmomo trial after you get good enough.
>>
>>15164368
Everyone here uses text hookers so I don't know why you're being a dick about it.
>>
>>15164472
>Everyone here uses text hookers
Projection much?
>>
>>15164209
Tenka is such a slut.
>>
>>15164535
hi, I am Everyone and I use a text hooker.
>>
>>15164607
Because I can.
>>
>>15164649
Yeah, after a myriad of ups and downs I came to conclusion that I just can't read eroge. So instead I've started to read Japanese wiki and their Internet.
>>
>>15164684
That will never happen so who cares.
>>
>>15164030
Yeah, I really long for Ixrec. He's the only one who doesn't give me an urge to vomit.
>>
>>15164725
ixrec doesn't even know japanese
>>
>>15164756
You don't need to know japanese to read japanese untranslated visual novels. Just look at sanahtilig. He's doing fine.
>>
>>15164786
>sanahtilig

Literally who? Some clephas wannabe?
>>
>>15164804
Clephas works as an example too.
>>
>>15164553
Fuck you, Tenka is pure. How dare you insult her like that. It's not her fault MC arranged that for her. She just wanted to give a glorious concert.
>>
File: 20160503150442.png (1011 KB, 1286x749) Image search: [Google]
20160503150442.png
1011 KB, 1286x749
best girl
>>
File: Capture.png (396 KB, 811x481) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
396 KB, 811x481
>>
File: 20160503151523.png (882 KB, 1286x749) Image search: [Google]
20160503151523.png
882 KB, 1286x749
>>15164973
>>
>>15164984
Are Eushully done for?
>>
>>15165008
Nah, 1 more god awful game and then they are fucked. Didn't think I'd see another dark age from a decent company this quickly
>>
>>15164984
At least the ero was good.
>>
>>15165017
Its definitely not a surprise, everyone knew that fucking 6 protagonist wouldn't work. Whats next, having 24 protag or something?
>>
>>15165111
All I wanted was mage loli, anyway
>>
>>15164984
>fat guy with his tongue out
I bet he's a hardworking, well-adjusted adult
>>
File: Chfzm8AVEAA-ppW.jpg (451 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Chfzm8AVEAA-ppW.jpg
451 KB, 1536x2048
>>
File: Chfzm8BUkAQryga.jpg (435 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Chfzm8BUkAQryga.jpg
435 KB, 1536x2048
>>15165164
>>
>>15164973
>>15165004
My Cousin Who's Older Than Me But Insists She's An Imouto Chara Can't Possibly Be This Cute And Sexy.
>>
>>15165159
I hope other companies can learn from the elegance and subtlety of his design.
>>
>>15161453
>I can't imagine getting any enjoyment out of that.
Out of what? I have a feeling your imagination is wrong.
>>
>>15165177
nigga damn that bitch got no meat on dem calves
>>
>>15165287
It's scientifically proven that using a physical dictionary produces the most enjoyment.
>>
File: y.jpg (258 KB, 1277x721) Image search: [Google]
y.jpg
258 KB, 1277x721
>>15164973
>>
Does Saihate no Ima ever stop being boring?
>>
File: 51nMv0D2zQL.jpg (41 KB, 346x500) Image search: [Google]
51nMv0D2zQL.jpg
41 KB, 346x500
>>15165431
Read Romeo's LNs if you want something smoother.

I just finished 灼熱の小早川さん and it simply flowed from page to page.
>>
>>15165439
you can't text hook LNs
;_;
>>
>>15165556
You can read them though. Well, I can.
>>
>>15165556
You can run them through OCR if the scans are good enough.
>>
>>15165556
You can, actually
>>
>>15165402
MC's definitely head over heels with Noeri by that point.
>>
>>15160460
Her sister be jealous?
>>
>>15165745

Why would we know? Or really care.
It'd pretty much need to be picked up by Mangagamer to get a reasonable translation, and even then they could fuck up too. I mean fuck, Sekai actually managed to fuck up Root Double as well. Even though it was "in theory" translated by someone good, the editing is horrendous.

The whole translation scene is still in a rather awkward place, although it gets better. (that is, Mangagamer gets better, the other major companies are just.. sad jokes)
>>
File: youcanneverlearnjap.jpg (113 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
youcanneverlearnjap.jpg
113 KB, 800x600
Oh god plz why.
>>
>>15165862
I'm curious to what a machine translation of that would result in.
I'm curious to what a translation by a person of that would result in.
>>
>>15165914
A guy in /vn/ said that it's some old jap shit. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojiki
Apparently it's translated in english.
>>
>>15165923
Jesus Christ, you ignorant dunce. I don't actually expect you to know Kojiki, but you don't have to be so fucking obnoxious about it.
>>
File: overheat.jpg (199 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
overheat.jpg
199 KB, 800x600
>>15165952
>obnoxious
What?
>>
File: 1400081953525_1461614766296.jpg (860 KB, 1490x3442) Image search: [Google]
1400081953525_1461614766296.jpg
860 KB, 1490x3442
How bullshit is these lists?

1/2
>>
File: 1400081953525.png (1 MB, 1220x1700) Image search: [Google]
1400081953525.png
1 MB, 1220x1700
>>15166340
2/2
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
Friend we generally do not conduct this kind of discussion here.

But to humor you so you have your answer, those lists seem random as shit. As if someone just put together eroge they knew or got suggestions for.
>>
Is there a walkthrough for the PC version of Chaos;Child? Or is it the same as for PS4?
>>
>>15166340
When it comes to plotge, those are definitely not good candidates for your first ever non-textbook material. For example Baldr Sky doesn't have hard grammar, but it has scifi, military, political, scientific, religious vocab that will make the game a dictionary looking up hell.
I wouldn't put any of those games in the plot part into a beginner's guide. They should stick to school slice of life, especially because almost every language course in existence will start with introducing you to school themed vocab.
>>
>>15166087
Reading Irae is like being a bitch for Lucifer. I hate how it tempts closer with some cool characters, music and writing and suddenly gives a bitchslap with everything else.
>>
>>15166340
Those lists have been picked apart several times on here. I wouldn't put much weight on them.
>>
>>15166340
>Monobeno: Happy End as moege
You can tell someone didn't actually read it.
>>
File: 2016-05-03_150755.jpg (120 KB, 642x546) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03_150755.jpg
120 KB, 642x546
>>
>>15166368

Eh, leyline is easy enough. It just depends. If you texthook, a few odd words aren't a problem.
>>
>>15166393
It's not just vocab. A line about the inner workings of artificial intelligence is considerably harder to understand than "hey let's meet after school!". And in a plotge if you don't understand one thing, it might throw you off completely as the story proceeds and expects you to know what's happening. In a moege, it's no big deal if you don't get an obscure joke, it's usually obvious what's happening.
>>
>>15166087
Maybe because you're a /vg/ poster?
>>>/vg/140914408
>>
>>15166340
>Actual plot
>Akatsuki no Goei
Maybe the second one
>>
>>15166407

Yeah, sure, but Leyline is Unisonshift. It really is easy, that's all I was saying. Baldr Sky I wouldn't recommend either. It depends on the VN. Moege can be a bit harder as well.
>>
>>15166388
Is that game YU-NO?
>>
File: justcircusthing.png (1 MB, 1286x749) Image search: [Google]
justcircusthing.png
1 MB, 1286x749
gg real imouto no route
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
>>15166347
>>15166340
You do know I made these a long time based on the suggestion people gave in this same thread, right?
>>
>>15166719
Oh, actually the first one is the version modified by reddit.
>>
>>15166699

Don't worry, either the re-re-re-re-revision will have her route or one of the upcoming 15 fandiscs. Come back in 5-10 years.
>>
>>15166719
See, I said it >>15166358
>>
>>15166719
>>15166725
You got trolled dude. Or maybe you went along with the troll? A lot of those look easy on the surface but are actually really hard (monobeno for instance in the moege section).
>>
>>15165017
They just have to go back to the basics and do another Ikusa Megami game

It's not dissimilar to when Alicesoft tried to do far too much shit with Daiteikoku and then decided that Rance Quest didn't need a plot.

Need to go back to basics to rebuild.
>>
>>15166340
>>15166347
If you want something that is genuinely easy to pick up try Evenicle.
>>
>>15166839
>It's not dissimilar to when Alicesoft~~~
That's exactly what I was hinting to with
>Didn't think I'd see another dark age from a decent company this quickly

Eushully can easily fix the problem by going back to basics but if they will do so before it's too late is a different matter
>>
>>15166365
I'm on the second chapter and it works with the PS4 walkthrough. http://ps4ch.com/archives/1032386328.html
>>
I remember Kamidori being really good, in that I had a fun time with it exploring the areas, developing characters, etc. However I look at the pirate game and I really just do not care about it. Does Eushully have any other games for plebs who like grinding and managing a company of heroes worth playing?
>>
>>15166861
Two failed years in a row. They really have no choice given they only release one game a year.
>>
>>15166879
Ikusa Megami series is great
>>
>>15166879
They fucked up pirates so unbelievably hard. They should have made the map much larger and added other ships to raid and pillage, more NPCs and so on. It doesn't feel like being a pirate at all. It's a battle royale starting from turn 1 where you desperately fight for ground and resources while you have enemies jammed into the small space from every side.

It never feels like being free to sail the seas and pillage whoever you want.
>>
>>15166699
I tried DS trial and closed it immediately after knowing the heroines becomes mute when they mention protagonist name even if I set his name to default. Did they change this in the full game now?
>>
File: ym.jpg (260 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ym.jpg
260 KB, 1280x720
>>15166951
Nope, same way. In place of voicing the name you are sometimes referred to as あなた, 君 etc. or sometimes they outright skip the pronoun. One of the saving graces is Noeri always refers to you as <name>にい, with the にい always being voiced.
>>
>>15166951
Oh thank you, I'm currently deleting it from my torrent list. That's the most annoying shit.
>>
>>15166951
It could be worse, they could mute the name and not the honorifics so you have people keep calling you kun or san
>>
>>15167045

But maybe your name is kuhn? Then it works?

Unvoiced default name is really weird though. In that case I'd just go with something really dumb, so I get at least some situational comedy with the name.
>>
>>15167061
>Then it works?
Not really, the silent pause where the name is intended to be still happens
>>
>>15167080

Are there really VNs which do that..? Ouch.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (277 KB, 1296x778) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
277 KB, 1296x778
Isn't that sweet.
>>
>>15167192
I broke my neck looking at this.
>>
>>15167027
Well, fuck it then. Who thinks this is a good idea? It's just ruining the immersion.
>>
What is funniest VN you ever read? lately i've been depressed, I need good amount comedy VN, please recommend me some
>>
>>15167251
The common route of Primal x Hearts.
>>
>>15167251
Tsuyokiss and Conboku. Seriously I don't think I laughed more than I did at these two. Somehow games with a near equal gender ratio cast tend to be the funnier than just an all female cast and male MC.
>>
>>15166665
Yup, you've got that right.
>>
File: 2016-05-03_192036.jpg (119 KB, 642x546) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-03_192036.jpg
119 KB, 642x546
あたしの顔は木で刻まれちゃってる。素敵だと思えない?
>>
>>15167251
Noratoto is pretty funny
>>
>>15167346
>>15167262
Thanks, already had it in my backlog, will read it later

>>15167269
Already read it, bit disappointed with tsuyokiss next though.
>Somehow games with a near equal gender ratio cast tend to be the funnier than just an all female cast and male MC.
Yeah I agree with you, I really like when VN have a huge cast of unique character
>>
>>15166886
>Two
Memoria and madou koukaku weren't good either
>>
>>15167413
Yes they were. Memoria's system was awesome.
>>
>>15167418
What did you like about it?
>>
File: Sankaiou no Yubiwa_432.jpg (342 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Sankaiou no Yubiwa_432.jpg
342 KB, 1280x720
How do you complete the 海洋侯の依頼 quests? The first one asked me to bring a lvl20 Sea Dragon and the second to collect some resources. I have both and nothing happens.
>>
File: 税金.jpg (148 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
税金.jpg
148 KB, 800x600
>>15167251
Try some May-be soft or Marron games like Patvessel or Cosmos if you want high tension. Also Maple Colors 2.
>>
>>15167413
Shit all over their last two efforts
>>
>>15165017
It wasn't something unexpected though. They have to make "good" story or "good" gameplay in their games, at least just one of them for saving game. Everyone knew that story is going to fail because of 6 protag thing, so it was all about if gameplay will good enough to save it or not, which didn't.
>>
>>15163688
After all the disappointing with looseboy's Bokusen, Ryukishi's iwaihime
and Romeo's Kouya, finally a game to reach the same level of the writer's previous masterpiece. Iam really glad ISLAND reached the hype level, and once again eroge/VN medium proofs to be the best story-telling medium in the world.
>>
>>15167951
What is Ryukishi's masterpiece? He made none
>>
>>15167951
Did you miss Sakura no Uta
>>
>>15167951
Iwaihime got good reviews, though.
>>
>>15167591
Nevermind, it seems Sonya must be present, even though I got them even without her.
>>
>>15167638
I love May-be Soft's humor-- they're so over the top silly they're goddamn hilarious. The only thing is that there is no semblance of flow in their stories, but honestly I did not mind that when my stomach simply hurt from laughing so much. I have fond memories of all of the Henshin series.
>>
新作エロゲを買いませんか? (2016年05月版)
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28758328
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 64

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.