[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /int/, Which Central American shit-hole should I visit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Hey /int/,

Which Central American shit-hole should I visit? I'm a white American dude. Lived overseas in a brown country before and was in Colombia last summer. Safety is a concern but not a huge deal.
>>
>>59117994
Jamaica is nice as are T&C and the Virgin Islands. Jamaicans are unexpectedly awesome people. Kinda bland in how paradise-like they are though.

Just go to Los Cabos and call it a wash.
>>
>>59118095

Is it worth going to an island if I'm not a big fan of the beach? I hardly even saw the ocean when I was in Colombia.

I was trying to decide between Costa Rica, Panama, Puerto Rico, and Honduras. I have a few hundred dollars in JetBlue credit from a flight I had to cancel, but I'll be using that to go to Mexico City and its environs for a week or two in July. I also have $1200 in "Delta Dollars," but I'll likely be using that to go to China or India or India and Nepal - or maybe Brazil. I have no clue.
>>
>>59118286
Costa Rica is probably a good bet, I personally know 3 people who've been there even though it's a small, irrelevant country we have nothing to do with, so that must mean that they have a lot to offer tourism-wise. I've never heard of anyone visiting the other ones, and I'm pretty sure Honduras is dangerous as fuck.

Guatemala might be cool too.
>>
>>59117994
I heard Costa Rica is decent.
>>
File: 530.jpg (1021 KB, 2247x1686) Image search: [Google]
530.jpg
1021 KB, 2247x1686
>>59118368

From what I've gathered, Costa Rica is great for hiking and eco-tourism. I'll probably only be going for about a week, since it's an unplanned and spontaneous trip (I already got time off work for Mexico and wherever I go in winter). I honestly don't care too much about "stuff to do." I've traveled a decent amount and have had fun just about everywhere I've gone, with the two lone exceptions of Athens and Reykjavik.

Pic of some fat Georgian bouncer outside a brothel and/or drug den in an abandoned KGB lab in Tbilisi.
>>
>>59118286
Beaches are just beaches but none of the countries you mentioned aren't beach-centric as far as vacationing goes (with the exception of canada). Also all are pretty dangerous if you aren't on the confines of a resort.

That said, T&C was probably the nicest place. Very expensive though.
>>
>>59118438
>>59118438

Again, not too worried about safety. I've been to Iraq, Colombia, Serbia, Kashmir, etc. Obviously not active warzones, but sketchy enough to throw a lot of folks off.

I just want to go somewhere I'll meet interesting people and have a blast.

Kind of drunk, sorry. Tempted to buy a ticket. Actually, I booked a flight to Colombia and then Mexico the last two times I made a thread like this, so I might do it again.
>>
>>59118497
In that case, Jamaica had the most interesting people to me by far. Even the taxi drivers knew everything about the island. You ask a question about something you pass and you get a whole history lesson on Britain's occupation of the colony.
>>
>>59118431
In that case I'd just suggest you throw a dice or something.

I did that once too with a buddy of mine (we had listed about a dozen Euro capitals) and we ended up going to Helsinki and Talinn, was a proper good time.
>>
>>59117994
>Detroit
Anywhere would seem like a first world paradise to you.
>>
>>59118581
>>59118581

Thanks. Anything else you want to tell me? I'm probably going to end up booking whatever feels best to me, but I'm not opposed to any place.

I really loved Colombia, though, so I'm kind of eager to see more Latin American culture.

My GF is Indian and she went to Jamaica with her family last winter. Said it was basically India with black people.
>>
>>59118636

>being this retarded

I live between MSU and UMich. That aside, DTW is in Romulus, not Detroit proper. The Detroit suburbs are some of the richest towns and cities in the country, Pontiac and Inkster aside.
>>
>>59118644
>India with black people
DESIGNATED
SHITTING
BEY-CON
>>
Panama.
>>
>>59118644
Not sure India had much slave or pirate shit going on but I recall it still being called the "west Indies" because Europeans literally thought the Caribbean was west India and, to this day, they never bothered to change the name.

The people are super friendly too. Strangers talking about anything to other strangers is just part of their culture. Half the country is ruled by this robin hood esque drug lord though and people are pretty ruthless so you have to watch out for who you assume is "normal".
>>
>>59117994
>implying you don't already live in a brown country
>safety is a concern but not a huge deal

Stay home, you already are in a Central American country.
>>
>>59118837

Had a very minor kek.

>>59118763

Why?

>>59118824

Sounds pretty cool, senpai. When I was living in India, I had to deal with a lot scammers and con artists, so I'd like to think I'm pretty street smart when it comes to shit like that. Does Jamaica still have that Robin Hood shit going on?
>>
>>59118837
Central American cunts have running water. Turns out, they pay their bills.
>>
>>59118870
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Coke#US_Federal_court_proceedings

Evidently the dude is now in prison (in the US for some reason) but I'm certain the families still run things, even without him. Give a place called Tivoli Gardens a wide berth and you should be fine. Supposedly it was the safest part of Jamaica when I was there but that's only because it's the criminal stronghold and the Dudus guy laid down some law that if anyone was caught being shitty on his territory, it would be their flesh. Without him, who knows what's going on there.
>>
>>59119023

Thanks for the link. I'll keep this page up so I can read it when I'm sober.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.