[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions about Russia's Far East
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: dating crim.jpg (51 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
dating crim.jpg
51 KB, 600x375
So lemme keep this brief
I heard Russian far east was giving away an acre of free land, apparently extending the offer to foreigners. Considering I was looking up homesteading in the north, this actually seems like an interesting offer, especially since learning Russian shouldn't be too hard for me.
However I have questions:

1. Does anybody know if the offer extends to Czechs?
2. How Putinist is the area? I'm not really bothered that much by the guy, but I heard there was a push from his goverment when someone called dual citizens a "threat to patriotism". Also, I really kinda don't want to antagonise the west.
3. Climate. I heard there were warm summers and freezing winters?
4.Will I be facing hostility from the locals for being a foreigner? I look the part and would probably be able to learn russian very easily, but I'd like to avoid changing my last name.
5. Electricity/Phone signal/Internet. Sure, this may sound ridiculous, but it would be nice to have a medium to keep up with the news and my family. And considering I can code, doing some freelance programming on the side could help me a bunch.
6. Hunting and firearm laws
I like guns. Also I gotta keep myself fed somehow.
7. Healthcare
Is there any at all?
>>
File: 73650_spiggy600_.jpg (160 KB, 1365x1794) Image search: [Google]
73650_spiggy600_.jpg
160 KB, 1365x1794
>>59087541
Why on earth would you like to go there. I get it, you want to get out of this fucking shithole we are living in, but. Travel north, to Norway or Canada for instance, whatever. You won't have a problem getting a job there. But Russia? Come on, I don't have anything against them, but starting a new life there? What for? It's like going back in time. There is no reason for it.
>>
>>59089532
It's like russia but even more lawless
I like that prospect. It's also close to Canada, Alaska and Japan.
>>
Anon from Khabarovsk here.

1. Don't know
2. Nobody really cares about politics, just like everywhere in Russia.
3. Climate is fucked up. Summers are hot and humid. Winters are cold, windy and humid too.
4. You will be fine if you are careful. Like don't drink with people you barely know or don't come to people who wear tracksuits to ask for a direction.
5. There can be trouble with phone signal in some areas. I have dacha in 25 kms from the city and I need to get to a little hill to call someone, kek.
6. Don't really know.
7. You better not be ill.

They give land in areas with no infrastruture so there is no point for ordinary people to take it.
>>
>>59087541
Not sure if troll, but still, don't do it.
Anyhow
1. The official site says foreigners and persons without citizenship can't have it.
2. Generally speaking you won't talk politics with Russians IRL unless you yourself start it. You can't have dual citizenship if you're acquiring the Russian one.
3. +45C Summers, -45C Winters
4. No.
5. Pretty good internet there, 50Mb is the standard (around maybe 10 usd a month), 3g phone connection is the standard with 4g slowly rolling in for the last couple of years.
6. I knew some hunters ages ago, so it's possible, but you need to have medical/psychological check to register for firearms, don't know if foreigners can do that.
7. Free/semi-free for Rus-Bel-Kaz, persons without citizenship, Ukrainian asuylum seekers. For foreigners only emergency help is free. Quality? I wouldn't say it's shit in new private hospitals, but it's semi-shit still.
>>
>>59090372
>>59090146
Ah, cool. Thanks for informing me. Do you have links to the official site?
>>
>>59090372
Also, you're talking about internet in the areas without infrastructure?
>>
>>59090372
https://www.rt.com/politics/338775-duma-committee-approves-bill-introducing/

This was my source for the foreigner thing.
>>
>>59090879
https://нaдaльнийвocтoк.pф/
I'm talking about city areas and maybe cottage villages (not dachas or farms)
>>59090974
>Ha инocтpaнных гpaждaн, инocтpaнных юpидичecких лиц, лиц бeз гpaждaнcтвa дeйcтвиe cooтвeтcтвyющeгo фeдepaльнoгo зaкoнa pacпpocтpaнятьcя нe бyдeт.
(from the official website)
>foreigners will only be allowed to use the land, and the registration of full property rights is only possible after the naturalization of potential owners
See, you'll need citizenship
Also, I think by "foreigners" they mean repatriates in the article.
>>
>>59091255
Yeah, I mean. If I live in there for five years, I would probably ask to be naturalised, but I mean, they're allowed to use the land right?

Yeah, it's not very clear to me who qualifies as the "foreigner".
>>
>>59091865
I got the idea that you can use it, yes.
>>
Well, wheter it is plausible or not, it's still interesting, as it makes russia the only country you can technically homestead in in the present day.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.