[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Question for the Economics experts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 178.jpg (65 KB, 800x558) Image search: [Google]
178.jpg
65 KB, 800x558
What do you think will happen to the economies of the East Asian countries (China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan).

Reason I'm asking is because for the past 5-6 years, every other day, people were predicting doom. But... there hasn't been doom yet.

So gimme the red pill.

Are the East Asian countries really fucked? Or are they on a path to fuckdom? Or is this all just fearmongering and propaganda to discredit them?
>>
I doubt they're super fucked. China is transitioning from being a manufacturing economy to a service economy, they're already building specialized economic zones, most of them with a focus on manufacturing, in other countries (the current plan is to build 50 iirc) so that they have cheaper imports while they make that transition. China is currently slowing down, but their growth is still positive by a large margin and I doubt we'll see a total collapse soon. There's always someone in the media fear mongering about a crash, and there is a normal boom/bust cycle in capitalism, so they're bound to be right eventually. Will it be super catastrophic or more of a temporary recession? I think in the near future a short term recession is more likely.
>>
>>59063509
>crash/boom cycle
But the periods become smaller and smaller. There will be a total collapse soon. Of course not the end of everything, but things will change.
>>
>>59062592
Don't know much about the others, but Japan is seriously fucked. From an economic an demographic perspective.
>>
>>59062592
Japan will never really see economic growth for a while due to the crazy labor laws and aging population.
China will grow but at a slower rate, while still being extremely dependent on world trade.
Investors are reluctant to invest in SK due to NK. As a result the Koreans work even harder to make those investments worth their while. Not sure for how long.

So in short
Japan - stable
China - positive but dependent
SK - unsure, but probably negative due to rising tensions.

Dunno anything about Taiwan
>>
>>59063509
>>59063737
>>59064252
>>59064490
Thanks for the input.

Keep it coming, amigos
>>
File: 000hnmapa.jpg (77 KB, 479x389) Image search: [Google]
000hnmapa.jpg
77 KB, 479x389
China fuck you
>>
>>59065462
Huh?
>>
>>59062592
Situation will gradually keep improving, there is no huge disparity of economies operating beyond what a country's human capital levels might suggest, there are also no major discrepancies between productivity and income levels.

Keep an eye on debt levels and demographics, otherwise it's good.

Shout out to Vietnam, it has everything it needs to begin a rapid convergence.
>>
File: 20140702221748278.png (35 KB, 686x476) Image search: [Google]
20140702221748278.png
35 KB, 686x476
>>59064252
>From an economic an demographic perspective
If that's the case, most of Europe is even more fucked than Japan then. I mean, Germany and Spain have even lower birthrates than Japan.
>>
>>59065835
Yes demographics here are not looking good, but we are seeing decent productivity gains from tertiary and quaternary sectors which might make up for them.
>>
>>59065835
They are even way more fucked up then, because 14% and 12% of the population of Germany and Spain respectively are foreign-born while in Japan the proportion is 1%
>>
>>59066332
*Spain and Germany
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.