[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A 2014 report found that Walmart, where the video subjects
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x1136
>A 2014 report found that Walmart, where the video subjects were shopping, costs taxpayers $6.2billion a year in food stamps, subsidized housing, Medicaid, and other forms of public assistance because of the low wages it pays its employees, according to the group Americans for Tax Fairness.

Don't get why americunts are so against raising minimum wage. Make the corporations pay, not your average taxpayer.
>>
>>58975858
It would be way more than $6.2 billion a year if all those people were completely unemployed.
>>
>>58975858
Raising the minimum wage hurts our barely thriving middle class by devaluing the currency through inflated wages for unskilled labor.

This is also why Trump's plan to replace immigrant labor with Americans will also backfire horribly. It does the same thing.

The real solution is to better educate Americans for jobs of the future, but the anti-intellectual culture is too strong here.
People think a retard doing back breaking labor is more valuable than a guy in his basement creating a robot to automate that process in a cheaper and more efficient manner.
>>
File: 1445108907526.gif (1 MB, 234x234) Image search: [Google]
1445108907526.gif
1 MB, 234x234
>>58975858
>raising minimum wage

To think that some people actually believe that would solve anything
>>
File: enjoyingthehuehuehueing.png (62 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
enjoyingthehuehuehueing.png
62 KB, 200x200
>>58975942
>>58976054
>believing this
>can vote

universal suffrage will destroy the human race
>>
>>58976196
> im too retarded to articulate my ideas so ill just post a meme
kek
>>
File: 1459058655049.jpg (61 KB, 433x419) Image search: [Google]
1459058655049.jpg
61 KB, 433x419
>>58976196
>he actually believes that they count the votes
>he really, truly, unironically believes that he lives in a republic and not an oligarchy that puts on a fake election show every couple years to keep the people appeased
>>
>>58976054
>>58976097
By raising minimum wages WHILE increasing productivity you can have a net increase on purchasing power which leads to more consumption and more economic activity.

Automate a good portion of blue-collar jobs and improve the education system to accommodate the bulk of the workforce in white-collar jobs.

People are more wealthy in general and it's still profitable to hire. Win-win.
>>
>>58976422
>raising minimum wages WHILE increasing productivity

Why not just slash the wages, then threaten the peons with replacement if they don't work twice as hard?
>>
>>58976422
that's not how the world works comrade
>>
>>58976469
Strikes, makes employees care little about the overal quality when there is no check present, give employees less incentive to go beyond expected production and bad reputation.
>>
>>58976422
> just increase minimum wage AND productivity
Yes, because everyone has just been holding back on productivity for the right moment.

> Automate a good portion of blue-collar jobs
This is what is making people butthurt

> improve education system to accommodate the bulk of the workforce in white-collar jobs
They can do that now.
There is a huge amount of assistance for people to get higher education, but no one takes advantage of this it because
> "HURR READING IS FOR FAGGOTS GIBS ME FACTORY WORK AT 30/hr LIKE MY PAPPY USED TO DO"

American stupidity isn't just a meme.
We aren't importing gooks and poo in the loos by the millions because we like them.
>>
>>58975858
High minimum wage is terrible because it destroys local and start up businesses, that's why Commiefornia and Jew york are so shitty
>>
>>58976614

On the flip side you have the 'HURR WORKING IS FOR FAGGOTS GIBS ME COMFY WHITE COLLAR JOB WHERE I MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND USE MY CREATIVITY TO IMPROVE THE WORLD LIKE MY COLLEGE PROFESSOR TOLD ME TO"
>>
>>58976562
Just replace the ones that try to pull that shit. The unemployment rate is so high you can always find someone to replace your workers if you want to.
>>
File: 1414878133509.png (201 KB, 528x498) Image search: [Google]
1414878133509.png
201 KB, 528x498
>mfw writing software that automates skilled white collar work for just $16 an hour

None of you faggots are safe.
>>
>>58976469
You can only go so far before they start looking elsewhere. Remember that the immigrants only choose to cross the border because work/life conditions are much better in US than Mexico
A robot/machine will always be more productive than a unmotivated worker at a dead-end job, anyway.

>>58976614

Ludditism of the union workers is a limiting factor.

Infrastructure in the USA seems to be pretty inconsistent compared to other developed countries. While you can find Google Fiber in some cities, on the other hand there are still some areas where DSL or even dial-up is the only available option, plus you're often limited to one or two ISPs in most of these cases.

Cutting back investments in R&D (NASA, the SSC project) while allocating a disproportionate amount of resources in the military seems to be a questionable decision.

Anyway, my point is that by replacing manual labor by more efficient mechanized labor, you can increase productivity in jobs where a high minimum wage would be unsustainable.

BTW, the US automotive companies losing their dominance of world markets to Japanese companies was due to mismanagement and incompetence alone or also due to lack of efficiency/productivity?
>>
>>58977350
It was just mismanagement and incompetence that is holding us back.

I'd highly suggest listening to this podcast:
[YouTube] #561: NUMMI 2015 (embed)

It's about a GM plant that partnered with Toyota and had immediate, amazing results. But then GM was too retarded to learn anything from the deal and eventually shut down that plant, that then got bought by Tesla.
>>
The whole connection between jobs, shelter, food and well-being is broken. It's not the industrial revolution any more. There simply aren't enough jobs for every person in society. Automation keeps advancing.

Even though programmer/robot-maker/etc jobs also appear, there will never be quite as many as the jobs that are getting replaced. If there was a one-to-one replacement of jobs, companies wouldn't decide to automate in the first place. What happens when 25, 50, 75% of jobs get replaced?
>>
>>58977786
Lefty countries will have universal minimum wage, and Righty countries will have eternal wars.
>>
>>58977786
They move to the service industry? Only now we're seeing the Internet not only as a tool but as a incubator of whole industries, it is too soon to really analyze the impacts this platform can make in our society.

> It's not the industrial revolution any more.
You're right. Perhaps the US is entering a post-industrial age? The problem is that most of these developed countries that are suffering deindustrialization are experiencing little to no GDP growth, Japan has been pretty much stagnant for 2 decades.
>>
>>58977786

The issue isn't so much automation as it is maximum production capacity. The real truth is that the world simply does not need 7 billion plus people in it given the level of technology that we currently have. While advanced countries have a slower birth rate that reflects a world were people need to take time to be educated and trained in order to maintain a complex global society, the third world still practices unsustainable breeding habits that adds stress on the system
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.