[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why were Irish conisdered black and Finns considered mongol in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 14356557959q4VxUmlYy4uCW1.gif (3 MB, 277x342) Image search: [Google]
14356557959q4VxUmlYy4uCW1.gif
3 MB, 277x342
why were Irish conisdered black and Finns considered mongol in America?

are americans truly the most racist people on earth?
>>
File: bill.jpg (178 KB, 1200x790) Image search: [Google]
bill.jpg
178 KB, 1200x790
they are worse than blacks you mother-whoring irish-nigger.
>>
The Irish were never considered black. They were called the "black Irish" because they have pale skin like Western/northern Europe, but a lot have dark hair/eyes. Extreme racists considered Celt-Iberians to be an "African race", but still not black.

And it's not like our racism came from nowhere. We were an Anglo colony. The British hated the Irish and when Malthus came around, his ideas were very appealing to them because it justified making the Irish suffer since they believed it was better for them long term. Which is partially why you got things like the British preventing foreign aid from reaching Ireland during the potato famine.
>>
>>58886207
D E L E T T H I S
E L E T T H I S
L E T T H I S
E T T H I S
T T H I S
T H I S
H I S
I S
S
I S
H I S
T H I S
T T H I S
E T T H I S
L E T T H I S
E L E T T H I S
D E L E T T H I S
>>
>>58886207
If the Irish didn't want to be hated so much, they shouldn't have spent so much time drinking and beating their wives.

Also were there even any Finns in the US in the 1800s?
>>
>>58886402
finns were legally considered mongolian and were banned from immigrating to america until 1908. so the answer is no. finns were illegal to come to america
>>
DINDU

NUFFIN

>>58886402
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_colonization_of_the_Americas#North_America
>>
>>58886477
They weren't illegal. They came when Sweden had colonies in North America because Finland was a part of Sweden.
>>
File: finns-and-the-iron-road-1-160113.jpg (517 KB, 1312x1046) Image search: [Google]
finns-and-the-iron-road-1-160113.jpg
517 KB, 1312x1046
>>58886402
Yes. They helped build the transcontinental railroad. They started in California and built Eastward.
>>
>>58886482
is this why finns and irish were so hated by white amricans?
>>
>>58886545
Our whole history is the previous generation of immigrants hating the next, and then the current generation of immigrants integrates and become productive members of society and hate the new immigrants.
>>
>>58886606
so do americans hate asians and mexicans now?
>>
>>58886732
Mexicans yeah. We're mostly pretty fine with Asians.
>>
>>58886732
Compared to yesteryear, the racism is more tame. But it still exists. And people feel the same about Asians as Canadians do. Ie: fine when they're far away, but cause massive butthurt when they raise property prices and edge out white people in top level corporate/government positions.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.