[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need advice /int/ Spent my whole life in this country basically,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /int/ - International

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 275x183
Need advice /int/

Spent my whole life in this country basically, I'm 26 and I've never been anywhere outside of north america.

I've spent my whole life working hard, trying to get by, I just finished my second degree (in STEM) and there are ZERO jobs. I know even if I do get a job I have to apply so far afield that anything I end up with will be something I don't like. Its pathetic. I don't know how anyone can live in this place. Every job pays nothing compared to the cost of living and after rent and food I can't even afford furniture or a car or anything.

I'm wondering if I should just say fuck it all and go teach english somewhere like korea or something. Anyone have this experience in leaving the Cucknada rat race? How'd it go?
>>
yeah go teach English in Asia, you'll be rich!
>>
>>58867181
I'm in the same boat as you. This year I left Canada to study French in France and boy do I love not living in Canada. I made some Taiwanese friends in France and I think I'm going to go teach there either at the end of this or the next year. I've already been teaching English in Canada for some time now so I think it'll be an easy adjustment.

The big thing is you need to get out of that country. I grew up in Toronto and god damn do I hate this place now. All the major Canadian cities are turning into America light and so are the people. Honestly it's really obnoxious and I'm looking to get out soon. I'm greatful for all the good values the country has imparted on me but now it's time to get out and go somewhere where the weather is nicer and the people aren't all jerks, and driving isn't a necessity.
>>
>>58867181
Nowadays you need an english degree and a certification to teach in any country that isn't a massive shithole, and some that are.

I know if you have any sort of experience with children and a bachelors in any subject, you automatically qualify to teach in Hawaii since they're so desperate for teachers, but I don't know if they're desperate enough to sponsor applicants.
>>
>>58867181
How is the cost of living too high? You can very very easily afford an apartment, groceries, gym membership and internet with $2,000 a month in Toronto.
If you go to a smaller city it should be way easier to live
>>
>>58870050
OP here, thanks for this. I agree entirely. Its just so hard to get out of this rat race here. I guess the plan is just save up as much as possible then dump everything one day and go?
>>
>>58870431
Yea but you're not saving money. You're locked in. And the "apartments" (I'm from BC and torontonians don't know the definition of an apartment - they think a basement suite is an apartment) are infested with bugs or gross or falling apart for 1000$/month.
>>
>>58873148
Honestly you sound like you need a vacation. If you can save up around $2000, I think you visit a travel agent and look around Europe or something.

Teaching English abroad could work too but if you get stuck in city out in the middle of nowhere then you're going to be just as depressed as if you had never left. There's a lot of people who take JET thinking they will have a great time but end up teaching in some dinky little village in Japan when they wanted to go to Tokyo.
>>
>>58867181
>I'm wondering if I should just say fuck it all and go teach english somewhere like korea or something.

>>>/trv/1110404
>>
>>58873583
Yea I've heard about that. And I agree, I definitely need a vacation. I've got about 6k saved but I'm losing it fast here in Toronto with no job and if I leave I'll just come back to no job...so not too sure.
>>
You know we have a real shortage of people with stem degrees.
Everyone and their mother studies economy in the Netherlands.
>>
Do any Canadians actually like their country?
>>
>>58874332
take me my hollish brother
>>58874429
no not even a little
>>
>>58873745
Stemlad would probably be eaten alive in the Korean rat race. It's beyond brutal over there.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.